edited December 2014
    Isn't DC already acting like paladins?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Monk.

MONK

monk <333

I could play a monk forever and NEVER get bored of it ;)`

Paladin seems redundant from guardian fighter, well druid would be cool but never as cool as a monk. best class ever.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • longstrider7longstrider7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Druid. Heal, dps, buff, debuff, and the lovely petcompanion and shapeshifting..comon :) We need some new stuff now
  • arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2014
    I'm offended that Monk was placed in the "other" category. Was always my favorite DnD class to play in 1st edition (if they lived past level 3 or 4 that is). Especially if they develop their senses enough to strike out at those perma stealthies in PvP ;)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I'm offended that Monk was placed in the "other" category. Was always my favorite DnD class to play in 1st edition (if they lived past level 3 or 4 that is). Especially if they develop their senses enough to strike out at those perma stealthies in PvP ;)
    Don't worry, it's on the top of my list as one that has been mentioned the most for not having their own choice in the poll. So, if we don't get Monks as the next class, I will see that they have their own choice in the next poll!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Warlord. 10char
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Monk would be fantastic.
    And err a cloud mount like Monkeys from Monkey magic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXXltTsQawY
  • juanlu311juanlu311 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Shapeshifter druid please! different shapes for different parangons
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Where's the option 'Please hold on a bit. We don't want any new classes yet. Let us 1st cope with what we have right now.' ?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Where's the option 'Please hold on a bit. We don't want any new classes yet. Let us 1st cope with what we have right now.' ?
    This isn't a poll for a time-frame of when we want said class. This is for an over-all gauging of Community Desire. Let's stay on topic. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think an interesting part of this conversation could be how any new class would affect already existing classes and how it could be differentiated from them. I think Druid and Bard really stand the highest chances of being both the most different and least detrimental to other classes. Druid if it is a true shifting/wildshape druid. Neverwinter would have to take some liberties with wildshape and really expand on it- allowing the character to shift to pretty much all non-boss pve enemies, mini-boss shift could be temporary and as a daily. Shift duration could on a meter like stealth. Druid as heals or control would imo cross over too heavily with cw and dc. Bard could fill the role of a pure party buff machine and would synch well with every existing current class.

I think Paladin would be the most like and most detrimental to other classes. The same goes for most other melee classes. Paladin mainly because the role of striker and defender are already adequately filled. Defender less so in pvp and I'd bet everything I have that if paladin comes out with a defender paragon as a distinct class and no free "transfer your GF to paladin, levels, gear and all", every gf in the game would quit immediately due to them bringing out a new superior class to fill a role while totally neglecting a class that already fits the same role and which people have spent a lot of time and money on.
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited December 2014
    I had to vote 'Druid'
    Would love to see them as a controller type (think plant controller from City of Heroes). Throw in the shape-shift and animal companion? Oh yes, that would be fun! :D
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Monk is a good choice.

No place for Paladins, there is GFs and DPS-DCs, for this role. Don't need a buff/heal class like Bard, there is DCs and SWs.

Monk is different. Unarmed martial gameplay. A Move style Monk can be a very interesting class, agile and dynamic. An alternative for disappointed combat-TRs.

Or, maybe a Druid, a pet class, with "Wild Shape".
  • nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    you will be disappointed with 4e Druid..

anyway, can any moderator reset or change my vote to Swordmage instead of Druid? thank you
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    If I could vote again, I'd definitely vote on Monk now.

We have way too many ranged classes already.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited December 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    Monk. Unfortunately there will be 1000 characters named "Bruce Lee" but it will be worth it.
    and another 1000 chars named "Jackie Chan" or "Jet Li"
  • jstiddyjstiddy Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Druid. How about we add 2 more classes?
  • cain497cain497 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and another 1000 chars named "Jackie Chan" or "Jet Li"

Monk all the way, just wondering how it could be made, high risk=high dps, selfsufficent dps, optional tank - many many options, and your forgetting the thousands of variation of Chuck Norris.
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Monk would be awesome!
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still not understanding the need for a paladin class. there's a dps cleric and a protector GF. seems like we're really just splitting hairs now with paladins. Also seems like barbarian is sort of covered by combat both HR's and GWF's . Spellscarred and Monk sound interesting, though. Druid too.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited December 2014
    due this topic: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?809851-What-new-Class-would-you-like-to-see-most
    it will be nice to have 3rd topic (or edit one) with 10 classes to choose (without Other option) based on % popularity each of class in these topics
    both topics miss highly or moderate voted classes which should be put together in one topic
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please alter this poll so that Monk is an option on its own. It is clear from the recently closed poll that monk is stand alone on par with paladin and druid for desireability, and that hiding it among obscure classes is hiding its true value to the community.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Please alter this poll so that Monk is an option on its own. It is clear from the recently closed poll that monk is stand alone on par with paladin and druid for desireability, and that hiding it among obscure classes is hiding its true value to the community.

I agree with this. Make a new thread if needed.

And also please make these threads actually Sticky. They need to be in the first page.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • robotdeerrobotdeer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Monk, Bard, Druid, Psion, Shaman, or Swordmage would all be lovely to play as.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cant choose, Druid, Paladin, Swordmage, Monk (in no particular order).
    edited December 2014
    Any new info about upcoming class(es)? From AMA with HeyRogers or different source..
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Druid is my first choice, but a very very close second is Psion.
  • bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Runepriest! those adorable buffing machines with nice markings, they are my favorite class in D&D 4th edition now, a bit underloved in development section thou. I know it is not going to happen now but a man can dream :D
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Druid or Monk for sure! A green bearded Dwarf playing a druid sounds familiar...Oo Oi

• rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Too many classes already. Polish the existing ones before introducing a new one.

If I had to choose, another healing class would be nice. We have two tanks....but HR combat are tanky just no taunts. Our roles are whacked due to classes that are able to do so much dps that healers and tanks are not necessary. Classes that can just heal themselves so no clerics necessary for pve.

All classes can give themselves regen and lifesteal. It creates cookie cutter mentality and support classes are frowned on in PVE. In PVP, it's nice to have but not necessary since people can just regen, lifesteal or combination of both. Warlocks are decent healers too but not really thought of as support classes as they can do good dps and heal which sucks if you are a cleric because you have to choose.

More defined roles are needed. No class should be able to one shot in pvp. Lifesteal and regen are nice but it does promote less balance.

Why not make it so that support classes are more useful and actually needed in the game?

My first character was a GF back when GF's couldn't hold threat. Then once people started to get this idea that only dps should be used for dungeons, it became frustrating to get into a group unless it's for Frozen Heart.

We get new stuff all the time to the point to where it's become a chore to properly digest everything. New dailies piling on top of each other so now it promotes more solo play and hours of it.

Make climbing the daily tree take less long. It's turned into monthly's. Why do I have to wait 20 hours for each thing to unlock like Epic Lol or just to climb up the Dragon campaign? That's a really long time and it adds up just so I can go run the trendy dungeon my pals want to run since not many care about Tier 2's anymore except for people with 8k gearscore that throw fits if you don't want to.

Already mentioned this, legendary dungeons for higher gearscores with good rewards.

It's become an over saturation of things to do, classes to lvl up, neglected classes in favor of new ones.

It's very frustrating to level up a new class you haven't tried before, gain progress only to find out a new one will be taking that other class's place.

All Dps dungeon runs or PVP shouldn't make things easier. It should make things tougher and be a hinderance so people will want to have support classes on their team.

Clean the existing content first. No more new classes to lvl. The current ones we have need some TLC.
This discussion has been closed.