test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
. . . Welcome to the "New Class(es)" Feedback thread. With the announcement of the Scourge Warlock as the next playable Class in Neverwinter, to be released with Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons, it's time to refresh the thread! Check out the newly renamed The "Scourge Warlock" Feeback/Hype Thread! for discussions and hype pertaining to the Scourge Warlock release.

. . . Now.. on with the poll! Please vote for your most preferred class that you'd like to see next added to Neverwinter in the poll above and feel free to discuss new classes below. Thanks!

. . . Note: I only added Classes found in the Players Handbooks, Neverwinter Campaign Setting, and Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (all 4e). I did not add classes from the Supplements nor Hybrid Classes, as there are only 10 choices allowed in a poll. Not even all the Core Classes could fit in this poll, which I listed under "Other."

. . . Also, if you're interested in discussing upcoming Races, check out The "New Race(s) Feedback" Thread, now will a poll too!

Archived Threads:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    DRUID! yes I did shout.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    DRUID! yes I did shout.
    You off-set it with a equally less-dramatic closing statement, so you evened it out some. All is well. (I want druid too!)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, Ive been saying this for months now. But Im expecting Druid to be Class 8, with Paladin as the 9th class.

Personally, id like to see something a bit more exotic like Swordmage or Warlord. But I don't expect those to be on the table anytime soon. At the rate classes are being released it could be years.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really want another healer. Can't stand clerics, in any game/material.

I'm not up to date on what another healer would be though? shaman, bard or druid? AD&D has just changed too much, was told druids can't heal anymore.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • wh1skeyj4ckwh1skeyj4ck Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Barbarian! Although Druid is a very close second.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Monk
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . Yeah, I'd love another support class even if that means another Cleric Class besides a Druid (like Battle Cleric). I really, really, really would love to play a druid class though. I'm also hoping for more paragon paths for our existing classes also, like Simbarch of Aglarond path for wizards *cough*war wizard*cough* fireball please!? :D
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Paladin to the rescue!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    I really want another healer. Can't stand clerics, in any game/material.

I'm not up to date on what another healer would be though? shaman, bard or druid? AD&D has just changed too much, was told druids can't heal anymore.

4E healer classes would be Shaman, Bard, and Warlord. Druid is considered a controller class. I expect a druid here would be able to heal a group in a supplemental fashion. In a similar way a Paladin might.
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    4E healer classes would be Shaman, Bard, and Warlord. Druid is considered a controller class. I expect a druid here would be able to heal a group in a supplemental fashion. In a similar way a Paladin might.
    Very true. I am fond of 2nd edition druids, very much so. My love for them doesn't diminish however.
  • mehsybillmehsybill Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bard please:rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    Paladin to the rescue!

+1

We need paladins asap. Make it the next class.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ahhh, I didn't see monk under "other" option but still palladin would be great
    edited July 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    ahhh, I didn't see monk under "other" option but still palladin would be great
    Yeah, sorry! I'm hoping I can convince the gods that we need more than 10 options in polls. ;)
  • only1klonly1kl Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2014
    I hope paladins are the next class introduced. (Barring that it's my personal favorite of all D&D classes) If you go by armor types we have 2 of each type of armor wearing classes now. The only odd one out is another plate wearing class to balance out itemizations.

On top of this, there is only one type of support healer in the game. We have 2 tanks (GF, GWF), 3 ranged Dps (HR, SW, CW)**, 3 Melee DPS (TR, HR, GWF) and only one healer/ support (DC). Including paladins as the next class would place them in the best situation for class type balance. Paladins can be made into a support debuffer/ buffer class (via auras), tank (plate wearing) and a support healer (lay on hands and access to cleric spells). There is so much versatility and potential to place them in the game that I really hope they take advantage of it.

Next to druids, Paladins are one of the ultimate party oriented classes as they can add a tremendous amount of synergy to a group (P&P) in just about any build. It's something that is desperately needed in the game and it would be a prime class to use as a focal point to push party play seriously. Just think of it, a plate wearing support class that can stand in the thick of battle while providing aura buffs and lay on hands while holding the Holy Avenger. (drools)

** 4 ranged dps if you count a DPS specced DC, which I don't think anyone would consider.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd personally love to see either a warlord or paladin. We need a plate armored or scale armored character, and we need another support class. On top of this, a warlord would probably be using spears, as classically generals and officers were associated with polearms, and we don't have any of such a classic type of weapon ingame. Even a Halberd would be nice.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish they wouldve released more classes and did less paths, that make no sense for some of these classes, then they wouldnt be in a quandry about nerfing the erf out of things to create another closely associated class.

Also, darn well better buff the cleric up if they release a actual healing class at some point, as us healers from other games would dump that piece of garbage as quick as possible if a true burst healer, with group dynamics shows up..

I want to stare at green bars again! darn people making me pay attention to other junk, thats what alts are for. :p

I want to turn disaster into success with green floaty #s! With instant decisions that make you tremble and your fingers ache. I want a true healer..
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Druid, we need a second healer that's not so pathetic solo, but not so uber group.

Paladins I personally hate because everyone else in other MMO have done them so, so wrong, they are always way over OP or EZ mode, every other MMO that intros them to PVP makes them the automatic hands down new rank dominator. They always have some dumb god mode were nobody else can scratch them, yet they still get to dish it out while they are immune. If they must bring one in they need to make them fail somehow, maybe make them totally weak to the classes that get the shaft in dungeon invites/pvp. Maybe make the other heal class (DC) be able to cleans their god mode or something, or make so kind of mobs put the hurt on palis so they don't always get the heal slot in a group.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bard's my first choice. Buffing, cc, some healing and a little but if melee to boot. After that, the druid please.
    Elurion ben'Adar - 60 Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
    Silas - 60 Human Trickster Rogue

Ganking is good for the soul~
    edited July 2014
    mattsacre wrote: »
    Druid, we need a second healer that's not so pathetic solo, but not so uber group.

Paladins I personally hate because everyone else in other MMO have done them so, so wrong, they are always way over OP or EZ mode, every other MMO that intros them to PVP makes them the automatic hands down new rank dominator. They always have some dumb god mode were nobody else can scratch them, yet they still get to dish it out while they are immune. If they must bring one in they need to make them fail somehow, maybe make them totally weak to the classes that get the shaft in dungeon invites/pvp. Maybe make the other heal class (DC) be able to cleans their god mode or something, or make so kind of mobs put the hurt on palis so they don't always get the heal slot in a group.
    God mode where nobody can scratch them? Oh hey, you just described the GWF! But that's getting nerfed, so no worries there ;)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Swordmage, ftw! Highly unlikely, but I won't stop requesting it!

Otherwise, Monk or Druid. Both very unique classes that would offer some curious spins on combat.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Druid! It is not D&D without druids!
    edited July 2014
    Some could say the same about paladins, Celtic!
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I realize the druid and paladin are likely next after warlock, and I'm good with that. (I've chosen paladin and druid in previous polls.)

This time I picked shaman because I think both the 'leader' role and the 'from the wilds' countenance are under-represented. (I know ranger and druid are 'from the wild,' but they are both special cases.. druids disdaining the company of all, and rangers also typically being loners.. a shaman is basically a tribal-leader type, I think.)

Edit- I may have the wrong idea about shamans, but I picture a sort of druidic warrior-priest. Basically a decent but not dazzling fighter with some buffs/debuffs, lesser healing, and maybe some minor summoning.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly I don't understand the fascination with 4e Druid. It is a controller with mostly average elemental damage (fire, cold, lightning, etc.) and melee striker style abilities with average damage. It has the same HP level as a ranger and very weak armor, making its melee viability rather low in an ARPG... coincidentally like our Hunter Ranger. The only real difference between these two other than visual attack animation semantics, would be power source - Primal verse martial. Also, being a controller I would think they'd not allow anything heavier then leather armor if they were to implement it, despite having Hide as the maximum armor available.

I'd still make one, but cyptic would likely nerf it until it was unplayable.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »

Very true, but I have always loved playing druids. If I could vote twice Druid and Paladin would be it. If they could both be implemented around the same time it would be great :)
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just give me my Paladin and no one gets hurt. Now.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why is monk in the "other section"? It is a core class while swordmage and shaman are not. And it is certainly popular enough to warrant its own category.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Honestly I don't understand the fascination with 4e Druid. It is a controller with mostly average elemental damage (fire, cold, lightning, etc.) and melee striker style abilities with average damage. It has the same HP level as a ranger and very weak armor, making its melee viability rather low in an ARPG... coincidentally like our Hunter Ranger. The only real difference between these two other than visual attack animation semantics, would be power source - Primal verse martial. Also, being a controller I would think they'd not allow anything heavier then leather armor if they were to implement it, despite having Hide as the maximum armor available.

I'd still make one, but cyptic would likely nerf it until it was unplayable.

They seriously would have to do a shape shifting druid. It is a unique option, and adds great flavor and diversity to the line up. Controller druid? Boooooring.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »

Im saying it
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
This discussion has been closed.