What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    ethnyaethnya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would be nice to have a legit pet class.
  • Options
    casimercasimer Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does anyone know what the next class might be? I've heard that its either going to be Monk or Druid, but have also heard something about Paladins.
  • Options
    ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I voted for Sorcerer because of the Dragon thing going on, but definitely Paladin, Monk and Druid would be AWESOME!
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    voted Others because i want Necromancer (with decay or putrefy skills :) ) and/or Demonologist (to summon a powerful Black Knight ) with possess (pve) skill to make an enemy from a group to be possessed = on your side for a limited time to ofc.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Druid.. We are already tired of GWF and GF don't need to add one more of those kind.
  • Options
    alexsarrufalexsarruf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Druid, Paladin and Bard. you know, the basic.
  • Options
    xyunvichxxyunvichx Member Posts: 0
    edited October 2014
    I know we'll probably not win this one, but i'll go with swordmage, both as a personal favourite of mine, an because I think it would be a fun class to play with in Neverwinter. I don't know how criptic will implement it, but the martial/magic combination is something I look forward to. Plus it would be nice to see a class with a light blade and nothing in the other hand, for the sake of change if nothing else.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Druid. Please for the love of god, no more melee. I'm not sure what the obsession is over Paladins. We already have a Guardian Fighter that buffs. Isn't that a Paladin?
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    taymmataymma Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd really like to see them add Druid as a playable class. I just worry that like Dragonborn you'll have to buy it. Also I'd like them to offer Wood Elf, either in the store or for free.
  • Options
    liliadnaliliadna Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2014
    oh I really would like a sorceress, my favorite class. Too bad they already gave fireball to warlocks pfff. My favorite spell of all in all DnD games well maybe except Eye of Beholder (I just loved that my +5sword got carried to 2 and 3 mwuhaha)

I really hope it won't be a paladin - I just hate those self righteous law obeying good for nothing bunch of pu... ehm and a tree worshiper? Jeez what good would they do?

Give me my Sorceress so I can unleash raw power of elements, wizards will be so jealous they clap their books, throw them in fire and disappear faster than a candlestick in women prison
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    taymma wrote: »
    I'd really like to see them add Druid as a playable class. I just worry that like Dragonborn you'll have to buy it. Also I'd like them to offer Wood Elf, either in the store or for free.

You wont have to buy it. Its been pretty clear. Classes have been free. Races are fairly cosmetic and therefore, might have a buy option. And they already have the Wood Elf, its is free and was part of the initial release.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Wood_Elf
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I remember reading in the "what new races would you like" topic that vampires were no longer a race in DnD but a status ailment, but I was testing the preview server and I found an npc that presents herself as a vampire, so now I'm curious, are they planning on changing it to a race/class? If not, what's the reason for that npc to say something like that?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I hope it's a class tbh.

Should be interesting to see what it does vs a GWF. "Eey... you biting me?" *UNSTOPPABLE!* "Now try biting steel"

I also want Monk class so ****ing badly you have no idea.
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I thought that too when i saw that NPC, I hope it's a class but I highly doubt it
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    As far as I know, vampires never were a race. They used to be a monster in 2nd edition, and are still listed as such in 4th edition. Basically any race can become a vampire provided a vampire lords succeeds in turning you.

All that aside, where did you find her? I haven't seen her yet.

One of the NPC of teh new zone, if you face elminster is to your back to the left
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Heya @reiwulf.

The vampire ure talking about is Sandersyl Morgia, an NPC from Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

Excerpt from the booK: "(...) the vampire Sandesyl Morgia, a moon elf who joined the Cult of the Dragon long before she became undead. She is a member of the old guard and was around long before Severin took over. Given the chance, she talks about serving under Sammaster and killing dragons to raise them as dracoliches, which she still considers “the true path.” She hates the new cult leadership, but she is forced by circumstance to work with them."

I didnt read the complete lines when we talk to her (I was in a rush...), but apparently, in-game, shes acting just like Rath Modar (before he betrayed everyone, as a 'good' Thayan he is), aiding with her knowledge of the Cult activities. As of the 5th edition, theres no rules for a PC vampire.

Hope it helps. :o
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The first person who says "Team Edward" will get a custom noose as a gift from me <3
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    The first person who says "Team Edward" will get a custom noose as a gift from me <3

Err, you know you just mentioned it yourself....

BRING THE TAR AND FEATHERS(*)......

(*) If you feeling lazy no need to pluck/kill the chicken first.......
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    I thought that too when i saw that NPC, I hope it's a class but I highly doubt it

Every class in this game is a vampire. Cept DCs don't run life steal.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    I hope it's a class tbh.

Should be interesting to see what it does vs a GWF. "Eey... you biting me?" *UNSTOPPABLE!* "Now try biting steel"

I also want Monk class so ****ing badly you have no idea.

same here, that's the only light for me to stay in this game, I want to play Danica so bad!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Psionic. I want to play Kimmuriel.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Might, just possibly, make a passable Paragon Path for a SW ( I know it's not standard, but then again, so much of the game isn't, so I wouldn't be bothered).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Might, just possibly, make a passable Paragon Path for a SW ( I know it's not standard, but then again, so much of the game isn't, so I wouldn't be bothered).

SW's paragon is already confirmed... SoulBinder.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    SW's paragon is already confirmed... SoulBinder.

Too bad.
    A Lifesteal Tank option would have been interesting.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Vampires are monsters first and foremost. It's been one of the core monsters missing from the start. With your logic we would already have weren't and werewolf players.

It is unlikely we will ever see Vampire as a player race. The game is simply not designed support it. You can not be a vampire out in the day so running around protectors enclave would be a huge lore disconnect or impossible.

You will at the very least be waiting a long time and there are literally dozens of races which are more likely to come first.

As for the rules, they used to count as a race but it made no sense. Vampires are now a class at least in fourth edition. When you become a vampire you retain most of your previous attributes and gain additional attributes for being a vampire. Vampires and werewolves in D&D are made; not born.
  • Options
    deathlywenchdeathlywench Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I always like hand-to-hand combat, so MONK would be my choice.
  • Options
    kitsunemaguskitsunemagus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For me, since I could only vote once, I cast for Bard. When you look at a healer companion - the Lillend; the basics for a Bard class already are there in her design. And Bard would make a useful "arcane healer", so as to take a bit of strain off relying/leaning on DC. If I could cast a second vote, it would be for Monk. Unarmed/fist-weapon fighters make for impressive displays of skilful combat. Eye candy sells in games like these. And monks bring some more "flavor" of the Realms back. Many monastic orders existed pre-Sundering, and probably still do. That and we have the Shou Ceremonial garb as fashion items ... so obviously the "orient" still survives and trades with the West ... so where are the monks?!

Paladins, while useful in their flavor and presence they'd have as tanks, might necessitate the addition of a "Class change" service to avoid people deleting characters to accommodate the fact that some (like myself) used Guardian Fighter as a "ghetto paladin". Druids are a bit more fleshed out, but would they be strikers, controllers, or leader/healer types? Druid is (from MANY MMOs) the ultimate hybrid class ... they were a middle ground, jack-of-all-trades class ... requiring specialization (i.e. Paragon Paths, feats, etc.) to send them into one of the fields almost exclusively. A difficult act to pull.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Druid. For those searching for a shapeshifter, or pet/spirit animal summoner, or plant/constricting vine controller. Take a look at the Barbarian Shaman to get an idea. Might be a bit too high expectations to put shapeshifter (bear, wolf, large cat) but the tab key and stamina could come into play while shifted. Paladin would be nice too, but as aforementioned, the GF kinda fills that void.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
This discussion has been closed.