Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bjanu wrote: »
    I agree with the introduction of new leader class, however i would go for runepriest considering the flavor - they do the same job, and quite similarly but the power sources are different and considering we already have 2 fighter introducing yet another martial one is kinda boring.
    If we separate classes by their power sources
    gf - martial
    gwf - martial/ maybe a little bit of primal?(they work kinda similar to barbarians)
    rogue -arcane/martial. And the way they work it seems more martial than arcane.
    wizzards - arcane
    warlocks - arcane/ maybe a hint of divinity: Its hard to tell where would demons belong to divine powers or arcane powers section.
    Rangers - martial/nature
    clerics - divine

So including another one martial character is a bit boring when other power sources are not represented.
    I would rather see a divinity or nature representative, maybe arcane. Therefore i would chose bard,runepriest or druid as the next class.
    Although it would be interesting to see a whole new source introduced in the form of shaman for primal, battlemind or monk for psionic,
    I would like to see a Bard, and a Monk would be nice as well. But I am heavily sided on the need for an additional melee fighter "I know monk is a melee fighter" But I kinda like the feel of being a great weapon fighter, but that actually brings usefulness to the team, instead of just its own thing. Which is why I think a Warlord would be terrific (at least for me XD) But do we honestly need more range types? SW,CW,HR,DC... Having "One" Real dps melee class is not enough(TR). GWF is my fav but its just not worth having in a party anymore. GF id rather have than a GWF, as a GF can bring more to the team than a GWF.
  • Options
    esb704esb704 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A new class is quite a hard one to differentiate from the present ones.... Well we already have a lot of paladins among Dwarf/Dragonborn GFs and some tanky Orc and Dragon Born(DB) GWFs. Barbarians is totally melee based berserkers/warlords = Orc and DB GWFs. (are u planning on totally different melee skills?? for e.g what?? Spear throwing? )
    Bards/Druids/Shaman and magical etc = CWs and SWs ( what do u want some other different sorst of magical abilities like controlling enemies??)
    Now sword mage is interesting... true Melee and Magic.. very interesting indeed!!! Nice thread btw.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    swordmage might be my favorite, if its made as melee range caster, though paladin could play that role as dps build
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I vote for new dungeons, why more classes? to get lv60 in 2 days buy t2 from AH for a few K and go WoD kill dragons and tiamat?
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Druid in D&D is a controller class if i am right - bard would be the secondary leader you are looking for, my info is from the 4th edition so it may have been different in earlier versions. So if you are referring to that my bad.

Sentinel is a druid subclass that's a leader but yea I was referring to pretty much every other version of D&D and RPG ever made.

This game doesn't really follow 4e closely either way, otherwise GF and GWF would be paths of Fighter and HR being a controller would have real CC beyond a daily. It's a weird mockery of what was already considered a mockery edition for D&D. I really don't know why they don't follow 4E more closely though, it was in no way a good PnP RPG but the rules and setup were good for a tabletop and MMO.

I just want another Heal/Buff/DPS class option and I like Druids style. the old version of course.
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted Paladin. The current set of classes is lacking leadership and defender types so the new class should expand on either of those. But I'm not going to lie, Druid sounds cool.
  • Options
    grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd love to see a Bard with a control tree, a buff/debuff tree and a DPS tree.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    we already have 2 fighter introducing yet another martial one is kinda boring.

Yes, GF and the Melee HR. There is still room for either a Barbarian or a Monk.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd love to see a druid, bard, and paladin, in roughly that order. I'm not sure how well a paladin would be differentiated from the GF, but all three sound like fun to play. :o
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    How about Celestial: Favored soul?

Good mix between cleric and fighter, specialized in both: close range and magic.
    Shift mechanic could be something like "Leap of Faith", you fly fast forward (just like SW, but much faster and shorter). Let players choose between melee and magic once they reach level 30 (Paragon path). At higher level, you can transform into an angel for short duration or unleash angelic wrath to massively debuff enemies. Class role could simply be DPS/Buff. Now.. it should be different than other classes and not over powered. How about they can't buff allies directly, but instead buff/debuff using stackable encounter powers. For example: Use encounter A to apply A effect, then use encounter B to apply B, once A and B combined, enemies receive debuff or allies receive a buff. If not successfully connected within few sec, A effect will be expired and apply weak debuff. Ideas.. Ideas..
  • Options
    yolohahahayolohahaha Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pls give me the Samurai Class: Katana main-hand, pistol/bow of hand.... pleaseee :D
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yolohahaha wrote: »
    Pls give me the Samurai Class: Katana main-hand, pistol/bow of hand.... pleaseee :D

mmm no. Monk, paladin, bard, druid first, and maybe others. 2+ years at least before you should even think about suggesting.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Samurai do have a precedence in the Realms in Kara-Tur, which is the eastern half of the northern continent that we're on (our in-game map only shows 1/4 of the Faerûn region and the Thayan map only shows 1/2 -- the northwestern part of the continent is made up of Faerûn, Chult, and the Shining South on its Western and Southern regions with Kara-Tur on its Northeastern and Southerneastern regions, while the southwestern most tip of the continent is Al-Quadim (Zakhara) -- then there's the other continents on the planet too with more, like Maztica and Oreme and others). The two regions in the north of our continent, Faerûn and Kara-Tur, don't mingle all that much except for those in the eastern heartlands and farther east.

Kara-Tur is akin to Al-Quadim; while it is on the same planet, they're both pretty much their own Campaign Settings. So, there is a precedence for a lot of real-world style classes in the Realms. It's just that in Faerûn, such real world ethnically diverse class encounters would be few and far inbetween.

toril_2.jpg
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    we need more leader classes, and we need it baddly! Can be any of then, but there are not enough clerics in the game.

Even a battle cleric have more apeal than the clerics actually in game.

I like the clerics that are actually in the game, but not all leaders can (or should) be divine leaders, for the sake of creativity and diversity. I'd even be happy if for instance a nature-type leader had basically all the same abilities a DC had, just with the effects redone to make it look all leafy and stuff instead of divine light.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    rementhalrementhal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    abell39 wrote: »
    I like the clerics that are actually in the game, but not all leaders can (or should) be divine leaders, for the sake of creativity and diversity. I'd even be happy if for instance a nature-type leader had basically all the same abilities a DC had, just with the effects redone to make it look all leafy and stuff instead of divine light.

Well, druids are leader class. FvS are also leader class (divine tho). Druids uses power of nature to heal allies. But, I don't think they should be just like DC who heal allies directly. Druids posses and manipulate nature spirits. That could be a key mechanic don't you think? They also use pets. So, they could be just like SW, but their pets will act as healers. While Druid themselves dps.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    Equipping monk is easy. Make it cloth style armour like wizard (which doesn't actually count as armour in real D&D but they used it for mage since everyone has to use some sort of armour in mmo). To compensate for less armour, give monk high deflect and evades. As for weapons, yeah give em handwraps. Its been done before, and makes much more sense than ridiculious gauntlets, claws and such.

Also paladin has lots of potential, with a potential aura ability, not to mention Forgotten realms has more paladins per square inch than any other D&D setting. Its actually sort of a crime they are not in game already.

The problem with gear in NW is that in other D&D games monks had enchanted gloves that gave them bonuses to unarmed strike and acted as weapon enchantments, but in NW the gloves are already a piece of armor. It could be possible to have something unique and interesting like having the main hand slot be an innate unarmed strike "weapon" that will level with the player, and then have the gloves for the class with a weapon enchantment slot.
    That or have the monk with a quarterstaff/spear for a change, but I'm sure most people would prefer unarmed.
    E: Or I guess we could have gloves as the main hand "weapon" and something else instead of gloves as the armor part.

Would be nice if we could get monk into the poll in the next version of this thread instead one of the least voted options.
  • Options
    rementhalrementhal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Oh.. Hm. I thought leader class is the ones who can multi task in combat. Druids can heal, dps and control. Wouldn't that make them a good leading class?
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    From what I read from other sites, and also I think ign or something said they are going to add the vampire class as well as the special looks for them as playable sometime in the future not sure it also said something about it being the only shadow powered class added, so vampire is probaly 55% chance of being the next one.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    From what I read from other sites, and also I think ign or something said they are going to add the vampire class as well as the special looks for them as playable sometime in the future not sure it also said something about it being the only shadow powered class added, so vampire is probaly 55% chance of being the next one.

Never going to happen. Vampire isnt a class.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Never going to happen. Vampire isnt a class.
    Aye. If they were introduced, Vampires (and Were-creatures) would be more likely introduced as an inflicted race of some sort. As vampirism and lycanthropy are once again inflictions.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When does Zebular proclaim a winner and tells the devs to implement the said class?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    When does Zebular proclaim a winner and tells the devs to implement the said class?
    If I had that power... druid and paladin would have won with in a tie, a long time ago. Indeed. Thankfully, that is not the case and I am spared a bard's wrath.
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm a bit torn between Paladin and Druid, but voted Paladin. Ofcourse, Paladins are more human-centric than other choices(I hope we'll not see a Drow or Tiefling Paladin for instance)but I think they should already be in game.
  • Options
    sealadyjsealadyj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm just anxious to see something new. I'm not that picky as to what. Does anyone know when the new classes will be introduced??
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »

The Devs already picked a winner back in 2013:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

Producer Andy Velasquez FTA:

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sealadyj wrote: »
    I'm just anxious to see something new. I'm not that picky as to what. Does anyone know when the new classes will be introduced??

Most likely Mod 6 whenever that is released.
  • Options
    oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most likely Mod 6 whenever that is released.

I have this strange feeling they will release a new class soon and announce another with Mod 6 and release it shortly after.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doubt it. They probably won't make by the release date again.
This discussion has been closed.