Options

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »

Since a CW is extremely squishy and have real problems surviving in PvP

I have a DO DC, an AC DC, a WK TR and an MI TR with Profound gear sets, Rank 7 and 8 enchants, Rank 9 and 10 Weapon and Armour enchants and three artifacts each above Rank 60. I don't think you fully appreciate what "squishy" really is, or what "real problems surviving in PvP" actually are! :D

A 9k CW can PERMA-Freeze my 15k AC Healer and completely immobilise her until she is dead. THAT is the definition of "squishy". Or maybe it's the definition of "Over-Powered, Unbalanced, Zero-Skill, Single-Button and Broken"? ;)

Although, she did kill a 19.5k CW one time, but he was Uber-Poor and really had no clue how to play at all.

As for the gear, do you have to BE a Drow to wear it? I don't think it will fit my Dwarves or Halflings, and probably be too small for my Dragonborn.

All editions of AD&D and most CRPGs have had Drow gear in them, so I have no problem with that.

But before Cryptic introduce even MORE new gear into the game I'd really prefer them to fix the gear that's already there. And I also hope they get the stats and the Set Bonuses correct on any new gear BEFORE it is introduced.

The Grim DC sets are all wrong in their stats and do not equate to the same GS, whereas the Profound sets do.

So the gains you get from upgrading are inconsistent.

All Profound Sets (including Symbol and Icon) = 8,486 GS (assumes Max hp/4 = GS value)

Grim Faithful = 8,257
    Grim Righteous = 7,851
    Grim Virtuous = 8,213

Δ GS
    Faithful Profound from Grim = +229
    Righteous Profound from Grim = +635
    Virtuous Profound from Grim = +273

Faithful = Power and Recovery
    Righteous = Power and Crit
    Grim Virtuous = Crit and Recovery

Assuming that Grim Righteous is Correct, which it probably is from my analysis:

Grim Faithful Armour
    Power, Recovery, Defence and Max hp are too high and upgrading to Profound is really not worth it.

I wish I had not bothered, as my Divinity regeneration actually seems to be slower, rather than faster. That's 24k Glory I could have spent on an Artifact, and 10 Seals of Triumph I could have converted to 2,500 Glory.

Power should be 251, not 391
    Recovery should be 251, not 391
    Defence should be 443, not 506
    Max hp should be 454 (113 GS equivalent), not 706 (176 GS equivalent)

This makes Grim Faithful consistent with Grim Virtuous and Righteous.

Grim Virtuous Symbol
    Power is rated too high AND is actually higher than the Profound Virtuous Symbol.
    Grim Virtuous Symbol should be 1375 Power instead of 1626.

Grim Virtuous Icon
    Critical Strike is rated too high AND is actually higher than on the Profound Virtuous Icon.
    Grim Virtuous Icon should have 140 Critical Strike rather than 251.

All four of these characters are now looking at Black Ice gear and I am seeing similar inconsistencies, which means that making a choice requires an analytical spreadsheet.

This stuff matters because finding out AFTER the event and after taking all the time and effort it needs to get the gear upsets any players who then feel like they have been chumped.

As for the Grim Faithful set, if the stats had been correct I would have gone straight for the Profound, as I did with my DO's Profound Righteous. And that would have saved me a LOT of Glory and Seals in the long run.

:)
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone else think these sets look like a tier 1 or 2 set? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    runonnike wrote: »
    Does anyone else think these sets look like a tier 1 or 2 set? XD

They are intended to be
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They are intended to be

I thought they were Tier 3?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Suggestion:
    Change DC's 4piece bonus: You gain divine power 30% faster, heal for 8.5% more and deal 4% more damage. Because DC have DPS spec now(Righteous) and want deal damage.
  • Options
    deathdealerseradeathdealersera Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have one question.

Since the sets can be mix/miss matched to still achieve 4 set bonuses (correct me if I am wrong).

If a person were to wear 2 of Set 1 and 2 from Set 2 of drow equipment, for example:

TR wearing 2 drow scoundrel and 2 executioner, he would still receive the 4 set bonuses + 2x 2 set bonus, right?

That means they would receive 2x625 Crit (or what ever they have as set bonus for 2 equips) + 4 set bonus

I need someone to clarify this for me as people would have to totally give up on the stats they are receiving from the 2 set bonuses and focus on the other stats and become better both in GS and requirements for their Playstyle

TR + HR + OP + SW
    Nikostratos

• Options
    jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    You can see them through preview gateway in the collection tab.

I was on NeverwinterPreview. can't see them. did you mean Owlbear?
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    jakefear wrote: »
    I was on NeverwinterPreview. can't see them. did you mean Owlbear?

gatewaytest.neverwinter.com
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The GF's Drow Preserver armor has the stats of the current profound. how do I let the devs know?
    (assuming they didnt know of this already).

I tried making a new thread in the NeverwinterPreview - Feedback/General Discussion with no one currently responds yet... :(
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Since the sets can be mix/miss matched to still achieve 4 set bonuses (correct me if I am wrong).

If a person were to wear 2 of Set 1 and 2 from Set 2 of drow equipment, for example:

TR wearing 2 drow scoundrel and 2 executioner, he would still receive the 4 set bonuses + 2x 2 set bonus, right?

No, not as far as I know. If that were the case, it would have to be a bug.

How could they get a 4/4 Set Bonus when they are wearing 2/4 plus 2/4 of two different sets? That defeats the object and purpose of having a 4/4 Set Bonus.

They MAY get the 2/4 Set Bonus TWICE, but to check this you'd have to have a lot of Glory and Seals and go to the Preview Shard, strip naked, check your stats, buy the gear and try it on. As you can only have 50k Glory in your Currency Inventory, this would be difficult to do unless you already have the two most expensive pieces.

Or, keep your old gear when you upgrade and try it and see. IF the 4/4 Set Bonus appears on the character sheet at all.

I have seen people in PvP with mixed sets; say, Black Ice and profound PvP gear. I assume so that they get the "Stat 1 Bonus" for 2/4 of one set, plus the "Stat 2 Bonus" for 2/4 of the other set. But I always get all four pieces of my Upgrade before I start using it.

I did wonder about this with my AC when I was collecting the Profound Faithful pieces: should I wear the Profound Helm and Boots for the +463 Recovery with the Grim Gauntlets and Armour for the +450 Recovery and forsake the 4/4 Grim Set Bonus of +25% Divinity Regain and +5% healing power? Then, when I get the Profound Gauntlets and Armour, equip them and lose the Grim +450 Recovery in favour of the improved, Profound 30% Divinity Regain and 7.5% Healing?

Unfortunately, I already Salvaged my Grim Gear, so I cannot check it out, now.

:(

[Edit]
    I just read the tool tips for the DC gear, and it looks like you WILL get the 2/4 AND 4/4 set bonus even if they are miss-matched, as it says "Part of Set 0/16".

So ALL 16 pieces of Faithful, Righteous and Virtuous are treated as being part of a Single Set?

I think this has to be a bug. Surely?

It WILL allow you to mix and match the stat bonuses for mixed sets and STILL get the 2/4 and 4/4 Set bonus.

But you will NOT get the 2/4 Set Bonus twice if all 16 pieces are regarded as being part of the same set.

This HAS to be a Bug?

You BUY this gear, yes? So you choose what you want? It does not drop by RNG (there would be an advantage to all 16 pieces being part of a single set if they dropped randomly and were BoP)?

:(
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    The GF's Drow Preserver armor has the stats of the current profound. how do I let the devs know?
    (assuming they didnt know of this already).

I tried making a new thread in the NeverwinterPreview - Feedback/General Discussion with no one currently responds yet... :(

Try reporting it in the Bug Forum or, if there is a feedback thread for Module 5, try there.

Or tell them directly on a live Twitter when the Devs are on.

Sadly, we are not allowed to target posts here at specific people. Even threads with "Dear Devs" in the title are apt to get deleted or Canned; but not always...

Or, better yet, find a thread where someone like Panderus has made a post and send him a PM.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    dizonyx wrote: »
    Suggestion:
    Change DC's 4piece bonus: You gain divine power 30% faster, heal for 8.5% more and deal 4% more damage. Because DC have DPS spec now(Righteous) and want deal damage.

Nice idea.

As the Profound PvP Gear Set 4/4 bonus is already +463 Recovery, +30% Divinity Regain and +7.5% healing, I would suggest:

+625 Recovery, +35% Divinity Regain, +8.5% healing, +5% Damage Bonus.

The gear IS supposed to be an Upgrade, right?

;)
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Try reporting it in the Bug Forum or, if there is a feedback thread for Module 5, try there.

Or tell them directly on a live Twitter when the Devs are on.

Sadly, we are not allowed to target posts here at specific people. Even threads with "Dear Devs" in the title are apt to get deleted or Canned; but not always...

Or, better yet, find a thread where someone like Panderus has made a post and send him a PM.

thanks for the information. :o
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    thanks for the information. :o

Actually, there is a Systems Designer, graalx3, watching this thread, so he may well have seen your comments already, but you could also PM him.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788761-Drow-PvP-Equipment&p=9430051&viewfull=1#post9430051
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Come on the only burst a sab has is bloodpath which [...] will be eventually fixed soon.

That's an amazingly accurate and prescient Freudian slip right there.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice idea.

As the Profound PvP Gear Set 4/4 bonus is already +463 Recovery, +30% Divinity Regain and +7.5% healing, I would suggest:

+625 Recovery, +35% Divinity Regain, +8.5% healing, +5% Damage Bonus.

The gear IS supposed to be an Upgrade, right?

;)

Nooo make the dc and all others chars 4/4 set bonus same as SW's one, they've the best set bonuses, 10% damage bonus when the target is at 20% hp or dead
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    It's replicated across all sets, and seems like a nice new feature for PvP sets

I was thinking that maybe it's an artifact of them still being in development? Once it's ready for release, they'll be in sets of 4/4 as normal, Virtuous, Righteous and Faithful?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm pretty sure it's an intentional change or there would be no reason for the sets to display as x/16. Any 4 pieces constitutes a full set, matching or not.

It allows customizing your stats from mixing sets while not preventing you from attaining a 4 piece bonus (buff), but prevents people from going 2/2 to overstack set bonuses (nerf). Seems balanced to me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2014
    The Drow pvp sets are all mix and match to get the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus. Any 2 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 2 piece set. Any 4 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 4 piece bonus. This btw, is the same system used for Scourge Warlocks Profound and Grim sets.

The display of the Set Bonus is a little messed up currently. It should say for the GWF:
    Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The Drow pvp sets are all mix and match to get the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus. Any 2 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 2 piece set. Any 4 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 4 piece bonus. This btw, is the same system used for Scourge Warlocks Profound and Grim sets.

The display of the Set Bonus is a little messed up currently. It should say for the GWF:
    Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

How much glory and seals do we need for it?
  • Options
    critorisauruscritorisaurus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

Will these sets be available tomorrow on live? They currently aren't for sale on the PTR Glory Vendors.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

Any update or future plans for changing the CW's 4-set bonus?
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    how about changing GWF 4 set bonus cause the speed debuff, debuffs GWF aswell maybe change it into +9,5% deflect and 25-30% determination gain from dmg taken that would incrase survaviblity of GWF in m5 thats really needed....
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Drow pvp sets are all mix and match to get the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus. Any 2 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 2 piece set. Any 4 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 4 piece bonus..

That is a really nice system , it allows players to pick and choose the gear pieces that best suit the stats they desire while preventing them getting the + 625 2/2 bonus more than once.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    faerbotfaerbot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really hope this gear can be gotten from PVE as Im not pvping anymore until they really fix TRs and HRs
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    faerbot wrote: »
    I really hope this gear can be gotten from PVE as Im not pvping anymore until they really fix TRs and HRs

Unless you know a way to farm glory seals and glory in PvE then you're up for a long pvp break.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Unless you know a way to farm glory seals and glory in PvE then you're up for a long pvp break.

Don't you get glory and seals from Rhix for the GG pvp daily if when GG pvp begins you just stay in pve area of GG, searching boulders, building catapults and feeding Amusud?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »

Well GG is kind of PVE. And you are getting glory for the match itself, GG Daily and also PVP Domination Victory Daily if you win. Plus trade Gryms from Crypt runs.