test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please note that the TR class has been changed and this set bonus now only applies to one of the three TR paths (the saboteur). The other two paths can scarcely make any use of it. Could you please look over the new TR design and realize a better set bonus that is viable for all three paths and not just one.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    umm are you guys sure that those sets would need overloads?!! Just asking cause you see gwfs in certain specs can go pretty close to 70% deflect with 60% deflect dmg reduction?!!!
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Drow Diabolist Set
    EFEV_r8tn.png
    W39Zxd_gd.png
    ONcWFH-V8.png
    w37I9xIT.png
  • ilsilenziosoilsilenzioso Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for the quick answer... If the set has stats that works with my build, i'll say goodbye to black ice farming... :)
    edited November 2014
    Drow Bane Armor
    4eh_Vkg30.png
    g8R8vD_sk.png
    6Tkkz6raa.png
    2gVUvmOTq.png
    edited November 2014
    Drow Warlock
    piD_Jxhy.png
    605lMvLEz.png
    re_BkeAGd.png
    PuqAW4ZRk.png
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please note that the TR class has been changed and this set bonus now only applies to one of the three TR paths (the saboteur). The other two paths can scarcely make any use of it. Could you please look over the new TR design and realize a better set bonus that is viable for all three paths and not just one.
    Stealth depletion only works on base stealth time, so it's usefull on everyone
    and about shield on tab ...they force us to use shadow strike to be able to restealth... come on how much complaining...
    yeah gimme a bonus to use shadow strike with a 70% cooldown reduction please...it would be still more than 6 seconds
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    and about shield on tab...they force us to use shadow strike to be able to restealth... come on how much complaining...
    yeah gimme a bonus to use shadow strike with a 70% cooldown reduction please...it would be still more than 6 seconds
    They force us to use it ON MASTERY.

The set bonus applies for the Mastery slot only.

Your main classes are the most OP in preview already, and now you get sets with great bonuses too.

CW gets nothing useful for standard PvP setup.

NOTHING.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    You seem to not understand the point: Shadow Strike is synergistic with the TR PvP set bonus. Stealth lasts longer, it makes the effect of each use of Shadow Strike better.

The CW PvP set bonus does not work with Shield on Spell Mastery *at all*. The TR equivalent would be forcing you to slot Shadow Strike, and then removing the 4-piece set bonus altogether while it's slotted. No extended stealth, no damage bonus in stealth. That's how Shield on Spell Mastery affects CWs; they are forced to use it to survive, but using it like that nullifies the PvP set bonus.

This is correct. rayrdan, as a TR you should not be complaining at all about these changes because TR has now been buffed to the skies and is probably once again the top pvp class for 1v1s at the very least, and the fact that overloads + new T3 pvp sets have been added is even more beneficial for TRs because the profound set was already BiS - this just adds onto that and gives TRs the benefits of having overload slots while still maintaining a BiS set bonus. Other classes don't really have the same luxury - set bonus is decent on most sets but it's not as good for them as the TR set bonus is for TRs.

As an example, if you had CW vs TR, both using BI sets, the CW sort of has an advantage here. If both classes were using the drow pvp set, TR would have a huge advantage.

Most classes will be using the drow set in mod 5.
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    This is correct. rayrdan, as a TR you should not be complaining at all about these changes because TR has now been buffed to the skies and is probably once again the top pvp class for 1v1s at the very least, and the fact that overloads + new T3 pvp sets have been added is even more beneficial for TRs because the profound set was already BiS - this just adds onto that and gives TRs the benefits of having overload slots while still maintaining a BiS set bonus. Other classes don't really have the same luxury - set bonus is decent on most sets but it's not as good for them as the TR set bonus is for TRs.

As an example, if you had CW vs TR, both using BI sets, the CW sort of has an advantage here. If both classes were using the drow pvp set, TR would have a huge advantage.

Most classes will be using the drow set in mod 5.

i m not complaining, i m far from it. im just starting to dislike all other complains when the game its far from being balanced and 100% is not tr fault...even in their current (preview) state...cant say the same of my hr
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i m not complaining, i m far from it. im just starting to dislike all other complains when the game its far from being balanced and 100% is not tr fault...even in their current (preview) state...cant say the same of my hr

It's no one's fault really but people are still trying to defend broken mechanics. TRs are extremely strong on preview right now and HRs are too, but after the next patch (Disruptive respecting control immunities, which I assume will mean DS won't interrupt casting during ITC), TRs should beat HRs. Even right now it's weighted towards TRs if they daily up; all they need to do is daze and oneshot with bloodbath. In terms of no dailies HRs will usually win because a good HR can interrupt SS and force the TR out of stealth.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and about shield on tab...they force us to use shadow strike to be able to restealth... come on how much complaining...

The saboteur will be mostly (if not always in stealth), the executioner will be in stealth basically an instant (long enough to execute an encounter), the scoundrel will be somewhere between the two but nowhere near as long as the saboteur. So the saboteur gets full usage of the 4 set bonus, the executioner gets one encounter usage as does the scoundrel, although the scoundrel may get a little movement from the 4 set bonus or a few dagger throws.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder, where are all the people who called to nerf the new artifact sets? No one is complaining about THIS new BiS gear. I mean, this will make your gear obsolete, you'll have to farm glory and seals to get it. Oh and by the way, this gear is absolute BiS, even for PVE. And we have to PVP to get it. No one cries?
    I'm just going to put this thought here.
    edited November 2014
    Well these dont need to be refined for millions ad... you know that right?
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    I wonder, where are all the people who called to nerf the new artifact sets? No one is complaining about THIS new BiS gear. I mean, this will make your gear obsolete, you'll have to farm glory and seals to get it. Oh and by the way, this gear is absolute BiS, even for PVE. And we have to PVP to get it. No one cries?
    I'm just going to put this thought here.

Well that is totally cool. A new "season", if you can call it that lol, comes with new gear. Its is totally fine to earn your gear through PvP, also we haven't gotten any new gear since mod3. Its not like PvPers dont want new gear, i would even love it every mod. The problem is all the refining. Because you have to be bis to keep up with the others. Im sure no one will complain about this.

except: TR + Glyphs + bloodbath = game over =D
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    Well that is totally cool. A new "season", if you can call it that lol, comes with new gear. Its is totally fine to earn your gear through PvP, also we haven't gotten any new gear since mod3. Its not like PvPers dont want new gear, i would even love it every mod. The problem is all the refining. Because you have to be bis to keep up with the others. Im sure no one will complain about this.

except: TR + Glyphs + bloodbath = game over =D

I'd love new gear with every mod.
    But according to the vocal PVP minority:
    New BiS that is only marginally better. you have to farm PVE to get it - disaster.
    New BiS that tramples every other PVE an PVP sets in the game, making them all obsolete. you have to farm PVP to get it - totally cool.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    TR the only set with no HP? still decent gear but wish it had HP
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Overload slots are being added even as we speak. Sorry for the confusion.

And I read everything though I don't always have time to answer.

can you at least fix glyphs first before adding overload slots to it?

bug
    equipping 2 of the same dragon glyphs results in a 100% uptime of the buff

9wai9OK.png

the tool tip clearly says it only occurs once every 60 seconds but when you equip 2 of the same glyphs
    (example: 2 greater red dragon glyphs) it continually refreshes thus making it a 100% uptime buff.
    this bug is present in all color of glyphs and both on lesser and greater versions.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    . No one cries?I'm just going to put this thought here.

ofc we cry, but as i said in previous posts and as others said it before me: It is their way to get money out of players pockets. New profession means you have to spend money to be able to craft those new rings(2500 zen), new sets with huge feat trees modifications means you need to respec and in my gwf case to even race change (1500 zen). Not only that all previous gear became useless, but even my artifacts became bad!!!! In 1-2 weeks people will cry that builds are op, cause i assure you that every class has some broken things and new huge changes will come, making all this gear useless....

PS: hope that now you;ve understood why we've complained about the new belts...
  • cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this new sets are bought using Glory + Seals of Triumph?
    does it cost more than profound?
    edited November 2014
    for the love of god please let us unslot reinforcement kits. There are already many sinks and this however would allow multiple reinforcement choice while playing the content. Make them bind to char when unslotted if you like it.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not sure if it's bis for gwf. Different. But you lose around 1k hp, 700+ regen and the PBI bonus... you get the slow effect and more important a 10% deflect chance... all in all might be worth it but it is higher hp/regen/ healing (PBI) vs 10% more deflect and 15% slow on enemies. I see both sets pretty close in term of strenght.

Monster deflect is appealing but the PBI is good too. But with damage increasing so much lately in pvp, deflect could play a major role in future pvp...
    For HR/DC i'll go for these new sets instead. Might be easier than farming gauntlets in iwp and the bonus are good.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's bis for gwf. Different. But you lose around 1k hp, 700+ regen and the PBI bonus... you get the slow effect and more important a 10% deflect chance... all in all might be worth it but it is higher hp/regen/ healing (PBI) vs 10% more deflect and 15% slow on enemies. I see both sets pretty close in term of strenght.

Monster deflect is appealing but the PBI is good too. But with damage increasing so much lately in pvp, deflect could play a major role in future pvp...
    For HR/DC i'll go for these new sets instead. Might be easier than farming gauntlets in iwp and the bonus are good.

draconic templar set is by far better than DROW set..
    but drow set > draconic templar in matter of stats , but doesnt matter..
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They force us to use it ON MASTERY.

The set bonus applies for the Mastery slot only.

Your main classes are the most OP in preview already, and now you get sets with great bonuses too.

CW gets nothing useful for standard PvP setup.

NOTHING.

u complaing about a good et bonus, look at SW set bonus, it's a big <censored>
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wich force us to use 2/2 set pieces
  • monkeydluffyopmonkeydluffyop Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The new sets for DC look tempting to me :D I'm not sure if other PvP DCs, who have just started gearing up, even bother doing dailies in IWD for BI sets when these Drow sets are already with Overload slots and heap of extra Tenacity ^^
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    u complaing about a good et bonus, look at SW set bonus, it's a big <redacted>

The bonus is not good for CW, it basically doesn't exist lol, because we cast Shield once at the start and after dying - that is all.

If SW bonus is so bad, ask for rework. You cannot wear 2/2 either :)
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the devs are in a tough spot with these new armour sets. If they make set bonuses too good, they just further encourage the power creep in this game and make content even easier. To be honest, I think they probably regret making T2 set bonuses so strong now as it really left them nowhere to go :(
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If SW bonus is so bad, ask for rework.

I've been asking for a rework since M4 hit preview, explained in details why do they suck, why should they interact with class mechanics like all other set bonuses, proposed lots of options and here we are.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited November 2014
    @graalx3
    About Drow Naturalists - we don't have Naturalist path since mod 4. Maybe it should be trapper?
    Plus 2nd note - Im really not sure if you need so much recovery for trapper - you already have huge cool downs.
    Edit : in Naturalist we already have 1,5k Recovery. full compassion
    This is very close to diminish return. Plus Trappers feet cool downs. I do understand that you just upgraded old pvp set but after it was introduces there was huge rework of HRs feets.