test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The GF's Drow Preserver armor has the stats of the current profound. how do I let the devs know?
    (assuming they didnt know of this already).

I tried making a new thread in the NeverwinterPreview - Feedback/General Discussion with no one currently responds yet... :(
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since the sets can be mix/miss matched to still achieve 4 set bonuses (correct me if I am wrong).

If a person were to wear 2 of Set 1 and 2 from Set 2 of drow equipment, for example:

TR wearing 2 drow scoundrel and 2 executioner, he would still receive the 4 set bonuses + 2x 2 set bonus, right?

No, not as far as I know. If that were the case, it would have to be a bug.

How could they get a 4/4 Set Bonus when they are wearing 2/4 plus 2/4 of two different sets? That defeats the object and purpose of having a 4/4 Set Bonus.

They MAY get the 2/4 Set Bonus TWICE, but to check this you'd have to have a lot of Glory and Seals and go to the Preview Shard, strip naked, check your stats, buy the gear and try it on. As you can only have 50k Glory in your Currency Inventory, this would be difficult to do unless you already have the two most expensive pieces.

Or, keep your old gear when you upgrade and try it and see. IF the 4/4 Set Bonus appears on the character sheet at all.

I have seen people in PvP with mixed sets; say, Black Ice and profound PvP gear. I assume so that they get the "Stat 1 Bonus" for 2/4 of one set, plus the "Stat 2 Bonus" for 2/4 of the other set. But I always get all four pieces of my Upgrade before I start using it.

I did wonder about this with my AC when I was collecting the Profound Faithful pieces: should I wear the Profound Helm and Boots for the +463 Recovery with the Grim Gauntlets and Armour for the +450 Recovery and forsake the 4/4 Grim Set Bonus of +25% Divinity Regain and +5% healing power? Then, when I get the Profound Gauntlets and Armour, equip them and lose the Grim +450 Recovery in favour of the improved, Profound 30% Divinity Regain and 7.5% Healing?

Unfortunately, I already Salvaged my Grim Gear, so I cannot check it out, now.

:(

[Edit]
    I just read the tool tips for the DC gear, and it looks like you WILL get the 2/4 AND 4/4 set bonus even if they are miss-matched, as it says "Part of Set 0/16".

So ALL 16 pieces of Faithful, Righteous and Virtuous are treated as being part of a Single Set?

I think this has to be a bug. Surely?

It WILL allow you to mix and match the stat bonuses for mixed sets and STILL get the 2/4 and 4/4 Set bonus.

But you will NOT get the 2/4 Set Bonus twice if all 16 pieces are regarded as being part of the same set.

This HAS to be a Bug?

You BUY this gear, yes? So you choose what you want? It does not drop by RNG (there would be an advantage to all 16 pieces being part of a single set if they dropped randomly and were BoP)?

:(
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    The GF's Drow Preserver armor has the stats of the current profound. how do I let the devs know?
    (assuming they didnt know of this already).

I tried making a new thread in the NeverwinterPreview - Feedback/General Discussion with no one currently responds yet... :(

Try reporting it in the Bug Forum or, if there is a feedback thread for Module 5, try there.

Or tell them directly on a live Twitter when the Devs are on.

Sadly, we are not allowed to target posts here at specific people. Even threads with "Dear Devs" in the title are apt to get deleted or Canned; but not always...

Or, better yet, find a thread where someone like Panderus has made a post and send him a PM.

:)
    edited November 2014
    dizonyx wrote: »
    Suggestion:
    Change DC's 4piece bonus: You gain divine power 30% faster, heal for 8.5% more and deal 4% more damage. Because DC have DPS spec now(Righteous) and want deal damage.

Nice idea.

As the Profound PvP Gear Set 4/4 bonus is already +463 Recovery, +30% Divinity Regain and +7.5% healing, I would suggest:

+625 Recovery, +35% Divinity Regain, +8.5% healing, +5% Damage Bonus.

The gear IS supposed to be an Upgrade, right?

;)
  • cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Try reporting it in the Bug Forum or, if there is a feedback thread for Module 5, try there.

Or tell them directly on a live Twitter when the Devs are on.

Sadly, we are not allowed to target posts here at specific people. Even threads with "Dear Devs" in the title are apt to get deleted or Canned; but not always...

Or, better yet, find a thread where someone like Panderus has made a post and send him a PM.

:)

thanks for the information. :o
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    thanks for the information. :o

Actually, there is a Systems Designer, graalx3, watching this thread, so he may well have seen your comments already, but you could also PM him.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788761-Drow-PvP-Equipment&p=9430051&viewfull=1#post9430051
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Come on the only burst a sab has is bloodpath which [...] will be eventually fixed soon.

That's an amazingly accurate and prescient Freudian slip right there.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nice idea.

As the Profound PvP Gear Set 4/4 bonus is already +463 Recovery, +30% Divinity Regain and +7.5% healing, I would suggest:

+625 Recovery, +35% Divinity Regain, +8.5% healing, +5% Damage Bonus.

The gear IS supposed to be an Upgrade, right?

;)

Nooo make the dc and all others chars 4/4 set bonus same as SW's one, they've the best set bonuses, 10% damage bonus when the target is at 20% hp or dead
    edited November 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    It's replicated across all sets, and seems like a nice new feature for PvP sets

I was thinking that maybe it's an artifact of them still being in development? Once it's ready for release, they'll be in sets of 4/4 as normal, Virtuous, Righteous and Faithful?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm pretty sure it's an intentional change or there would be no reason for the sets to display as x/16. Any 4 pieces constitutes a full set, matching or not.

It allows customizing your stats from mixing sets while not preventing you from attaining a 4 piece bonus (buff), but prevents people from going 2/2 to overstack set bonuses (nerf). Seems balanced to me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2014
    The Drow pvp sets are all mix and match to get the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus. Any 2 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 2 piece set. Any 4 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 4 piece bonus. This btw, is the same system used for Scourge Warlocks Profound and Grim sets.

The display of the Set Bonus is a little messed up currently. It should say for the GWF:
    Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The Drow pvp sets are all mix and match to get the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus. Any 2 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 2 piece set. Any 4 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 4 piece bonus. This btw, is the same system used for Scourge Warlocks Profound and Grim sets.

The display of the Set Bonus is a little messed up currently. It should say for the GWF:
    Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

How much glory and seals do we need for it?
  • critorisauruscritorisaurus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

Will these sets be available tomorrow on live? They currently aren't for sale on the PTR Glory Vendors.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

Any update or future plans for changing the CW's 4-set bonus?
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    how about changing GWF 4 set bonus cause the speed debuff, debuffs GWF aswell maybe change it into +9,5% deflect and 25-30% determination gain from dmg taken that would incrase survaviblity of GWF in m5 thats really needed....
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Drow pvp sets are all mix and match to get the 2 piece and 4 piece bonus. Any 2 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 2 piece set. Any 4 pieces of Drow PvP armor can be worn to get the 4 piece bonus..

That is a really nice system , it allows players to pick and choose the gear pieces that best suit the stats they desire while preventing them getting the + 625 2/2 bonus more than once.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • faerbotfaerbot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really hope this gear can be gotten from PVE as Im not pvping anymore until they really fix TRs and HRs
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    faerbot wrote: »
    I really hope this gear can be gotten from PVE as Im not pvping anymore until they really fix TRs and HRs

Unless you know a way to farm glory seals and glory in PvE then you're up for a long pvp break.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Unless you know a way to farm glory seals and glory in PvE then you're up for a long pvp break.

Don't you get glory and seals from Rhix for the GG pvp daily if when GG pvp begins you just stay in pve area of GG, searching boulders, building catapults and feeding Amusud?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lerdocix wrote: »

Well GG is kind of PVE. And you are getting glory for the match itself, GG Daily and also PVP Domination Victory Daily if you win. Plus trade Gryms from Crypt runs.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Part of Set (0/4)
    Drow Helm
    Drow Scale
    Drow Gauntlets
    Drow Greaves

when will this sets hit live?
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    mod18

/10char
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No overload slots
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    No overload slots

They fixed that, the sets have overload slots.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and where are the drow sets available from?
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nothing at the Blade vendor.
    edited November 2014
    Stuff ends up in collections before it can be acquired. I think they prefer to update that interface as infrequently as possible. I'm more inclined to guess this will be a mid-module push.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited November 2014
    Wild far out guess , maybe it is module 6 gear that they added wayyyy too early? xD yeah like I said wild and far out guess but you never know , I did think it was weird that it was Drow gear in a module focused on the Dragon cult unless the Drow have a link to the Dragon cult more obvious than them using Drow slaves to fill lightning bottles xD

Then again the System designer has replied to our questions about the gear so I guess if it wasn't supposed to be for module five surely it would have been removed?
    edited November 2014
    Was the other PvP gear update tied to a particular module?

I am relatively certain it came in along with tenacity and all the other PvP changes, which were independent of a module launch.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited November 2014
    Yeah that's a good idea , maybe they plan on something to do with pvp as a surprise in a few weeks or whatever?