Install Arc
Options

Drow PvP Equipment

Comments

• Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    u complaing about a good et bonus, look at SW set bonus, it's a big <redacted>

The bonus is not good for CW, it basically doesn't exist lol, because we cast Shield once at the start and after dying - that is all.

If SW bonus is so bad, ask for rework. You cannot wear 2/2 either :)
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the devs are in a tough spot with these new armour sets. If they make set bonuses too good, they just further encourage the power creep in this game and make content even easier. To be honest, I think they probably regret making T2 set bonuses so strong now as it really left them nowhere to go :(
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If SW bonus is so bad, ask for rework.

I've been asking for a rework since M4 hit preview, explained in details why do they suck, why should they interact with class mechanics like all other set bonuses, proposed lots of options and here we are.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    @graalx3
    About Drow Naturalists - we don't have Naturalist path since mod 4. Maybe it should be trapper?
    Plus 2nd note - Im really not sure if you need so much recovery for trapper - you already have huge cool downs.
    Edit : in Naturalist we already have 1,5k Recovery. full compassion
    This is very close to diminish return. Plus Trappers feet cool downs. I do understand that you just upgraded old pvp set but after it was introduces there was huge rework of HRs feets.
  • Options
    jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fix the gloves tooltip please. Drow Diablolist or Diablolist Drow? make up your mind...

EDIT: is this on preview shard yet? Can't seem to find them anywhere.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jakefear wrote: »
    Fix the gloves tooltip please. Drow Diablolist or Diablolist Drow? make up your mind...

EDIT: is this on preview shard yet? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

You can see them through preview gateway in the collection tab.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Answering question about how we get it
    " this Tier 3 armor set is purchased with Glory and Seals of Triumph."
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Answering question about how we get it
    " this Tier 3 armor set is purchased with Glory and Seals of Triumph."

are the prices the same as profound are now?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This worries me... profound was already much grindy
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    This worries me... profound was already much grindy

Agreed. the Glory price for each of the pieces is way to High to the Profound Set. I think that they should maybe require more Seals and less Glory for each of the pieces.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Agreed. the Glory price for each of the pieces is way to High to the Profound Set.

ohh but it is not... once you complete 4 tasks in gg/domination pvp glory will come very easy.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Agreed. the Glory price for each of the pieces is way to High to the Profound Set. I think that they should maybe require more Seals and less Glory for each of the pieces.

If you weren't able to accomplish it with GG PVP probably. You actually don't even have to participate one bit in regular PVP
  • Options
    herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the screenshots. I'm a bit intrigued by the overload slots, but, sadly, some of the 4p bonuses and stats (DC, HR Trapper) need a rework.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would just like to point out
    this leather armor helps its wearer be both silent and deadly
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would just like to point out
    will we at least be able to smell them?
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    TR the only set with no HP? still decent gear but wish it had HP

This. Please align the sets such that each class has a set with HP.

Dont leave this with TR being the only class without a HP set.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Every single one of them is a straight stat boost of the equivalent Grim and Profound sets. They're pretty unlikely to rework that now. I know TRs weren't happy about not having HP on any Profound sets, but they went ahead with them anyway.

I think it's kind of neat that they've decided to make the sets all essentially a single set as far as bonus goes.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    ohh but it is not... once you complete 4 tasks in gg/domination pvp glory will come very easy.

Umm, how is this exactly?
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Umm, how is this exactly?

I think he means the grym coins, if you get the thing where they drop when you kill a guy you should be wretched with them fairly quickly and you can convert them to glory
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think he means the grym coins, if you get the thing where they drop when you kill a guy you should be wretched with them fairly quickly and you can convert them to glory

But in order to kill people in GG, I need gear.

But in order to get gear, I need GG coins.

But seriously, I can't kill anyone in GG with my 17k CW, let alone my 13k GWF.

And honestly I don't care about killing people on my CW. It is just for PVE really and I only go into GG on a lark from time to time. It's my GWF that I am more concerned about.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

And honestly I don't care about killing people on my CW. It is just for PVE really and I only go into GG on a lark from time to time. It's my GWF that I am more concerned about.

doesnt matter with what char you are killing, cause you can convert them into account bound badges and transfer to other toons.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Well you can coordinate with 14 other players and totally stack the odds in your favour and spawn lock the enemy.....

But its not like gear creep isn't a thing that hasn't been discussed. Your gwf will likely be 14k in a 25k or gtfo neverwinter.

Its like some people hate new players and the notion of balance.

And in the meantime everyone argues why they should get more power than the others. You can hire one half of the poor to fight the other half.

practical advice get on the luskan side and wait 15 minutes or so. You should be rolling in pvp toon allies and 56 horse enemies
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    doesnt matter with what char you are killing, cause you can convert them into account bound badges and transfer to other toons.

No you don't get it. I can't kill anyone in GG PVP regardless of whatever toon I use. I will maybe get 1 or 2 kills per match, period, on my CW. (MAYBE. Most of the time, it's none.) I get none on my GWF. So the fourth accomplishment in GG means nothing.

So yeah. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get this gear for my GWF, which is the one I really want it for. Maybe if I lose 73,723,487 domination matches and get a piddling amount of glory each time, I will maybe get enough to get 1 piece.

sigh. I really wish there were starter brackets and "advanced" brackets. I don't mind playing, I just don't want to play against legendary artifact guys.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So yeah. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get this gear for my GWF, which is the one I really want it for. Maybe if I lose 73,723,487 domination matches and get a piddling amount of glory each time, I will maybe get enough to get 1 piece.

come in barracks and maybe we can help you out with tips and tricks
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    come in barracks and maybe we can help you out with tips and tricks

I know the "tips and tricks" mostly. The issue is gear.

I think the best I can probably hope for is 2/2 Purified BI/Heroic Duelist gear (since there's no chance of me getting BI bracers either) and then maybe being able to get 4 kills or something in a GG match.

Eh never mind.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    will we at least be able to smell them?

That is just the revised Smoke Bomb power.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned over the TR effect. Why make it a stealth bonus when survival out of stealth is what TRs really need? This set would be a really juicy upgrade to go after if it procced, say, a 75% damage resistance 5 seconds after leaving stealth.

Saboteurs, regardless of impending nerf, have enough stealth and enough damage.

Scoundrels and Executioners can't stay in stealth to save their lives. It also just reinforces the ridiculous necessity to slot Shadow Strike.

Overload slots or not, I'm not liking it at all.

So... what you're suggesting is giving TRs unstoppable after they leave stealth?.. Let's merge TR and GWF into one. So we get a Great Weapon Ninja Fighter!

On a serious note, what you're suggesting is ridiculous. TRs can already 1 HKO pretty much any class in preview, they can chain dailies, are close to perma-dazing/dodging, they're also getting boost to their deflect rate (through DEX) so they can as well have 50% (or very close) deflection rate with the highest deflect severity in game, which also affects CC duration. So what the **** do you want more? 30% bonus stealth from the set is more than enough.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

You need to stop exaggerating.

I ended up quite a few times with most kills in GG (and 0 deaths as well) with my 9300 GS CW with Grim set, no boons and troll Lightning/Thunderhead enchants.

CWs are a pain in GG and the setting favors the class a lot.

As for GWF, I have a 10.5 GS one and I do relatively OK, although my damage is really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, mostly because I have a spec from Mod 2 :)

You wanna PvP, get PvP gear and PvP spec. That's about it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You need to stop exaggerating.

I ended up quite a few times with most kills in GG (and 0 deaths as well) with my 9300 GS CW with Grim set, no boons and troll Lightning/Thunderhead enchants.

CWs are a pain in GG and the setting favors the class a lot.

When it comes to my 17k CW I'm not exaggerating. I would really like to know how you end up with the most kills and zero deaths with 9.3k and no boons in mod4. Do you have 40k HP or something? Because as I said I have a PVE CW with about 27k HP. Once again I'm not complaining about my CW doing poorly in GG. I don't expect my CW to do well (although I didn't expect him to do THAT poorly). But I don't see how someone that undergeared can get THE MOST kills and ZERO deaths, unless you are exploiting it in some way, or coming with some full guild premade that just stomps everyone regardless and it wouldn't matter if you had 5k or 50k, you are going to win.