test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW stormspell is out of control

Comments

• kempo23kempo23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No nerf or a small pvp nerf would be good.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The changes you are referring to were implemented on live and you can verify this on Devs Tracker Thread and Patch notes.There is a very notable difference between Preview Spell Storm and Live Spell Storm. Eots is unpredictable and that's why i don't use it. I have to guess when the ICD will end and time my attacks ,which is hard to do. That makes it usefull only at the very start and you have to go from combat to combat after the 20 secs cooldown,or you don't get a proc in time.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cws had their powers nerfed from a range of 10 to 60% (Magic Missile to Sudden Storm to Shard of Avalance),Assailing force does half damage to players,7K damage (800% of my 800 Damage points orb / Half for players) on one enemy every 5secs which is pretty lame PvE wise and Storm Spell chill stacks bug which double procced it was fixed. Now since the proc rate was reduced from 35% to 20%, as well, combined with the bug fix , makes for a final proc rate more or less the same with Mod 3. The 200% increase in damage was to balance the damage nerfs,which is reasonable and in no way OP. Eye of the storm gives 6 secs of critical but believe it or not i didn't find it usefull in pve so don't use it,since it's hard to time right with the ICD. Some Control was increased but Cws can't be the masters of control without CC resistance, CC immunity penetration and tenacity penetration.Also all other classes Control powers should be nerfed so they can't outcontrol a control wizard.Then i can accept even an 80% nerf to damage output,but not before.If you think that this will cause Cws to have too much control then i'll tell you that they are the MASTERS of CONTROL.

Is this why more than half of page 1 is CWs on the leader boards right now?

Page 1:
    11 CWs
    2 GWFs
    1 DC
    4 TR
    2 HR
    0 GF
    0 Warlocks

But let me guess.... CWs are just "pro" and others need to "L2P"....
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

Page 1:
    11 CWs
    2 GWFs
    1 DC
    4 TR
    2 HR
    0 GF
    0 Warlocks

No ,that's because assailing force procs on enchant,like plaguefire or flaming, and spell dots,. That means if i cast a spell on a player i don't have to renew assailing since it will proc even after the spell ends due to enchant and other dots,which last beyond the 5secs cooldown. I had made a report on that in preview and suggested that Assailing shouldn't proc on enchant dots or at-wills(no more Icy Ray spamming) and that it should have its damage reduced. They fixed the damage by 50% but not the dots.Also it should have a 75% of proccing in PvP,instead of 100% which has now. No nerfs other than that are needed and lets not forget that this game has PvE as well where assailing is mediocre. Also i'm in favor of having Storm Spell with the initial 35% chance of procing but with 50% less damage output.That makes it more usefull as an Aoe in PvE and more balanced ,as single power,in PvP. If these changes were implemented Cws would have been one of the most balanced classes in the game.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Page 1:
    11 CWs
    2 GWFs
    1 DC
    4 TR
    2 HR
    0 GF
    0 Warlocks

nobody cares about the leaderboard except for one guild xD
    when they are losing, they leave at a specific point to avoid having losses and multiple deaths in their records.
    hue hue hue hue
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nobody cares about the leaderboard except for one guild xD
    when they are losing, they leave at a specific point to avoid having losses and multiple deaths in their records.
    hue hue hue hue

Leaderboard>>>>>>>>>>>>life, kids, famine, world poverty, wars. And se...............<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too. Leaderboard>>>all.
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dead_game.jpg

and no need to say anything more...
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what he said
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited August 2014
    1) StormSpell needs an ICD IMO. - Ideally it just wouldnt proc off enchants and ALL damage output just the "base" attack, however they claim its too hard to code... So the only other option is to just give an ICD.

2) A.F. needs to respect DR. - This wont affect it in PVE at all, but nerf the PVP crazy solo damage.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think they need to move some of the damage from assailing to our single target damage and the shard.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I think they need to move some of the damage from assailing to our single target damage and the shard.

yeah just what we need even more op cws all they need to do is to change eots to give 50% crtic and reduce damage of storm spell by 50% and cws should be fine i dont see why would they ned to nerf solid capstone because of 2 op class skills
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Overall DPS must be lowered in pvp. Tenacity was introduced to avoid 4 seconds kills and too much cc. Tone down DPS avere needed and fix bugs causing huge DPS not wai
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    We have a fix for Assailing Force going to preview today as we currently believe it is one of the leading causes of extra Control Wizard damaging effects currently.

Here is the upcoming patch note:
    Assailing Force: This feat may now be resisted and deflected in PVP.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nvm just read patch notes again. Mods can delete if they want.
  • myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    We have a fix for Assailing Force going to preview today as we currently believe it is one of the leading causes of extra Control Wizard damaging effects currently.

This feat is already 2 times less effective on players... :/
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    this is why I hate this community. if you whine enough and annoyingly keep crying out loud, you can bring nerf to your rivals easily!
    so sad...
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Honestly, Storm Spell is worse than Assailing Force in PvP from what I could see.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Panderus, if you are going to allow this to be affected by Damage resistance and Deflection in PVP then the True amount needs to be reverted back, it will need to be 100% effective on players and in PVE. Why?

Some clases can already achieve close to 50% Deflect - Add their DR in on top of that and the feat as it currently stands will get relegated to uselessness for PVP.

Guardian Fighters blocking the feat for 80% Mitigation, and then having their actual mitigation and Deflect effect the damage as well. GWFS with their High amount of DR and Deflect. TRS with high Deflect. HRs with High Deflect.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Assailing does not need a change, but going down this route will negatively effect the entire passive. I woul rather you do away with Assailing and give the capstone an ability to Buff Shards Damage. Give Renes the ability to Play around with Crits and Crit Sev, I don't know.

Please consider PvP balance as a whole. Look at the numbers. My Assailing hits for a max of 6K - 7k at the moment on top end geared players. Allow that to be effected by DR and Deflect and that number will drastically drop. The issue is not so much with Assailiong Force as it is with Storm Spell receiving a buff to both Proc chance and Damage. It is currently proccing a bucketload more than 40%. And with the damage it is able to put out, it is ridiculous.

Please give my Encounters back the damage. I DO NOT want to have to rely on skill less procs to do my damage for me.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The problems with CW damage started after the buff to Storm Spell, not the addition of Assailing Force. I think you may be aiming at the wrong target for this fix.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Panderus, if you are going to allow this to be affected by Damage resistance and Deflection in PVP then the True amount needs to be reverted back, it will need to be 100% effective on players and in PVE. Why?

Some clases can already achieve close to 50% Deflect - Add their DR in on top of that and the feat as it currently stands will get relegated to uselessness for PVP.

Guardian Fighters blocking the feat for 80% Mitigation, and then having their actual mitigation and Deflect effect the damage as well. GWFS with their High amount of DR and Deflect. TRS with high Deflect. HRs with High Deflect.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Assailing does not need a change, but going down this route will negatively effect the entire passive. I woul rather you do away with Assailing and give the capstone an ability to Buff Shards Damage. Give Renes the ability to Play around with Crits and Crit Sev, I don't know.

Please consider PvP balance as a whole. Look at the numbers. My Assailing hits for a max of 6K - 7k at the moment on top end geared players. Allow that to be effected by DR and Deflect and that number will drastically drop. The issue is not so much with Assailiong Force as it is with Storm Spell receiving a buff to both Proc chance and Damage. It is currently proccing a bucketload more than 40%. And with the damage it is able to put out, it is ridiculous.

Please give my Encounters back the damage. I DO NOT want to have to rely on skill less procs to do my damage for me.

So YOU whine, that tanks(high deflection + %DR) can't be damaged by 100%???
    What's that for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> opinion? Piercing a tank - especially sentinel GWFs as they had no defense at all? That they just waste 7k+ GS for stats, that doesn't work? How borderline can a humanthinking be?
    It's the same on HR/TR with SE that totally IGNORE defense at all, which just kill the complete defensive part of GF/GWFs. But yeah... YOU MUST BE DO 100k damage. And giving back damage is NOT wanted. CW are a control class, NOT A DPS class! Go play TR if you want DPS.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tarmelfin wrote: »
    this is why I hate this community. if you whine enough and annoyingly keep crying out loud, you can bring nerf to your rivals easily!
    so sad...

Oh yes! A special class coming to my mind whose are expert in this...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @panderus

Any words about phantasmal destruction (renegade)?
    It doesnt proc since mod 4, I checked with act and even checked the txt file of the log, 0% proc

This should be high priority, renegades are underpowered but with this bug.... even more!
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes I enjoy being hit for 7.5k from AF......
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    re: pvp

Dear Wizards

You can keep your inability to resist damage but you have to go back to dealing none

lol
    all other classes
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    So YOU whine, that tanks(high deflection + %DR) can't be damaged by 100%???
    What's that for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> opinion? Piercing a tank - especially sentinel GWFs as they had no defense at all? That they just waste 7k+ GS for stats, that doesn't work? How borderline can a humanthinking be?
    It's the same on HR/TR with SE that totally IGNORE defense at all, which just kill the complete defensive part of GF/GWFs. But yeah... YOU MUST BE DO 100k damage. And giving back damage is NOT wanted. CW are a control class, NOT A DPS class! Go play TR if you want DPS.

You confuse me. Please read the part where I said that I am not saying that Assailing force does not need to be adjusted. I am not whinging. I am merely asking the devs to factor in all components. Should the proposed changes go through, Assailing will not be worht speccing for.

I am not asking to be the king of the hill. I want to be competitive, but I also want my class to have the skill level increased again. Assailing force and Storm spell Make the class ridiculously easy to play and boring. You can take them away in their current format for all I care. However, that being said. With any change that happens, there is more to it than just X.

In regards to CWs not being a damage class, please show me where it states this? I did not roll a Control wizard in Beta to simply hold people in place and not do anything. I rolled the class because I always play wizard type casters. You can take away my control. Infact, I'll happily trade that for some Bursty Encounters.

Every time I see you post it's nothing but negativity. Climb out of your shell and realise that not everyone is whinging all the time.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Assailing force is supposed to do 7.5% damage on players yet it does the full 15%. Will this be fixed as well?
    edited August 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Assailing force is supposed to do 7.5% damage on players yet it does the full 15%. Will this be fixed as well?

Now that it will respect DR/Deflect im fine with it doing 15% max HP as damage.

On a player with 40k HP:

That equals 6,000 every what, 5 seconds? But NOW itll be mitigated by DR AND Tenacity so that 6,000 will become 3,000 very quickly. For a Capstone, that seems fine since its DPS is now around a MAX of 600 per second.

The REAL issue is StormSpell that has no ICD and procs all the time (is it Ray of Frost that does like 6 attacks in 1 second?)
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Now that it will respect DR/Deflect im fine with it doing 15% max HP as damage.

On a player with 40k HP:

That equals 6,000 every what, 5 seconds? But NOW itll be mitigated by DR AND Tenacity so that 6,000 will become 3,000 very quickly. For a Capstone, that seems fine since its DPS is now around a MAX of 600 per second.

The REAL issue is StormSpell that has no ICD and procs all the time (is it Ray of Frost that does like 6 attacks in 1 second?)

It's not that fast but storm spell used to be a 10% proc chance, they doubled it this time around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes Ray of Frost will get you the most bang for your buck when you are talking about getting procs.

Any skill with out some kind of ICD should always be thought about a little bit harder when you make changes to it, especially buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    re: pvp

Dear Wizards

You can keep your inability to resist damage but you have to go back to dealing none

lol
    all other classes

You mean (pvp) Gwfs alone?

Btw CW will be nerfed today (again) so you can rest! No more assailing force extra dmg!