test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW stormspell is out of control

Comments

• bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hmmm, 333,323 damage divided by 56 = 5,952 per hit, How long was this for?

I know one use of ROF is not 182k damage? I need time frame on 56 hits based on how many uses of ROF. Until which this is speculative!

Although the headers of the table are not visible you can guess which row represents what.
    jayrad8 wrote: »
    nwoSZ2j.png

Storm spell
    Total damage: 333323
    DPS: 4610.8
    Average: 5292.2
    Median: 4576
    Min: 2612
    Max: 9990
    Hits: 56

Ray of frost
    Total damage: 182469
    DPS: 2523.78
    Average: 1425.54
    Median: 1031
    Min: 614
    Max: 2253
    Hits: 128

So that's a 43.75% proc rate for Storm spell, it's clearly not fixed.

Also based on those numbers the run was 73 secs, meaning that (s)he could kill anyone, in PvP, in 5-10 secs with Storm Spell alone.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Gwfs were never able to kill tanks in 3 seconds like in the inked videos of godmode (see links) or solo karrundax whole dungeon and boss (see links).

Cws are with that bug, godmode in both pve and pvp after being dominant op in pve for 3 straight modules. Pve absolute opness for 1 year. Gwfs have been useless in both pvp and pve for a long time before sentinel regen tanks emerged. Even after buffs, in pve cws were stronger and in pvp permas could beat them first and fight them on equal later. In mod4 pvp hrs were stronger. So they always got competitors in both pvp and pve. Cws do not deserve godmode in both pve and pvp now, since they were already broken op in pve for 3 modules. Yet gwfs get a ubernerf on survivability and damage, while you get a brief godmode in both modes. And you still complain about gwfs. How does this sound?

devs are innocent like a children. or iam. i dont know.
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    because more people should play cws... I think thats the message here...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Whats the difference GWF can take 70% of my hp in 3 hits using bugged op abilities for months and months... CW just does it quicker...

Until this is a live problem its not a problem! Yet GWF are still OP on live with bugged abilities, are still a problem.

there are GWF that play well without ROAR... but ROAR is good when you are ganged by 2 gwf and doin 1vs1 against him isn't so good.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    HR's got nerfed to the ground and are pretty stale in mod 4. GWF's needed changes but those went to far too. But good ole' CW's are back on top like it should be. GG.

Good thing class balance happened. Now cw's dont even need an entire group.. they can just solo =D Glad I made one so this game can be CW online.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So should I now just take the plunge and level my cw due to my two fave classes being close to worthless mod 4?
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
    edited August 2014
    wow I do need to start useing my op cw.....
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Next time gwfs happen to have a broken op build or power you can bet i'll squeeze the hell out of it, instead of feeling sorry for the other classes
    Congrats, the evil side (all those roar/other exploits abusing guys) just won the battle. If they are ********, does it mean you should be one? Your choice.

As for CWs, I purely hate this class since I got acquainted with DnD but I the most ridiculous arguments I have seen so far were comming from this forum. FFS, people want to be overpowered and dominate over the other classes and still call it a MMO. Nope...
    edited August 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    HR's got nerfed to the ground and are pretty stale in mod 4. GWF's needed changes but those went to far too. But good ole' CW's are back on top like it should be. GG.

Good thing class balance happened. Now cw's dont even need an entire group.. they can just solo =D Glad I made one so this game can be CW online.

fef_zps716346f2.jpg
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Relax, they already ninja patched it
    Dr. Phil
    edited August 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Congrats, the evil side (all those roar/other exploits abusing guys) just won the battle. If they are ********, does it mean you should be one? Your choice.

As for CWs, I purely hate this class since I got acquainted with DnD but I the most ridiculous arguments I have seen so far were comming from this forum. FFS, people want to be overpowered and dominate over the other classes and still call it a MMO. Nope...

I swear I do not hate the cw. Now this has changed. this class now symbolizes all that is most hypocritical in these forums, players or devs. mmo is a business that deserves to be sabotaged.
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wow I do need to start useing my op cw.....

Nah. Spell storm will get fixed with tomorrow's m4 patch if not today.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

What I found ridiculus that pvp GWFs are roaming in CW forums even w/o having a main or at east an alt CW.
    edited August 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Relax, they already ninja patched it

IF this happens, and no statement was even worse. you test a error, pass the feedback and then your help is ruled without any satisfaction.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Nah. Spell storm will get fixed with tomorrow's m4 patch if not today.

I pray this happens because the lack of communication from the devs is a bit eerie for my taste but they must be busy with last minute stuff.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Although the headers of the table are not visible you can guess which row represents what.

Storm spell
    Total damage: 333323
    DPS: 4610.8
    Average: 5292.2
    Median: 4576
    Min: 2612
    Max: 9990
    Hits: 56

Ray of frost
    Total damage: 182469
    DPS: 2523.78
    Average: 1425.54
    Median: 1031
    Min: 614
    Max: 2253
    Hits: 128

So that's a 43.75% proc rate for Storm spell, it's clearly not fixed.

Also based on those numbers the run was 73 secs, meaning that (s)he could kill anyone, in PvP, in 5-10 secs with Storm Spell alone.

Yea so RoF is a 5 second channeled cast divide that by 73 seconds, would be roughly 14 casts of RoF! 56 Spell Storm procs divided by 14 RoF casts = 4 Spell Storm Procs per cast. Which would = 5,952 x 4 / 23,808 damage.

That my man is HIGH! So 1 RoF = 4 Spell Storm procs for 23k damage not including enchants, RoF damage or any other encounters....

That needs fixing really fast!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    (...) but they [Devs] must be busy with last minute stuff.

Was thinking the same.

It is also pretty unfortunate timing to leave broken feat at this stage of testing. I use spell storm since Open Beta and every test I would do now won't be measurable.
    Well, I only hope for free respecs. But probably we'll have free feat respecs only. Yay for saved free respec from module 2! \o/
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Was thinking the same.

It is also pretty unfortunate timing to leave broken feat at this stage of testing. I use spell storm since Open Beta and every test I would do now won't be measurable.
    Well, I only hope for free respecs. But probably we'll have free feat respecs only. Yay for saved free respec from module 2! \o/

It is a shame about the whole feeling of a last minute rush on things which i am sure the devs do not like much either.

Also I have almost all my power points acquired from over leveling lol
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
    edited August 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    funnier thing was to see all non-GWF-players coming to GWF's thread and telling us that our class is fine as it is from mod4 first patch, even they kept saying it is still balanced and a good class right now yet a lot of GWF-players will change into other classes due DEVS left the class itself as useless as it was in beta/mod1 following the opinions of most GWF-players here and on preview... so, something here is odd

Good, the people saying they're bad GWFs because they cant faceroll will suck as any class they play. Free kills in pvp!

edited August 2014
    I don't know why they buffed CW anyway, they didn't have a problem DPSing players or mobs... Thye had a problem controlling players that's it!

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Stormspell has a fix coming in the final build version, check it out on preview later today!
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Stormspell has a fix coming in the final build version, check it out on preview later today!

Nice to hear (and expected). What about the ability to spam repel by teleporting?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • rumbliesrumblies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thank god for the stormspell fix, (please PLEASE dont be a internal cooldown or nerf it to be worse than what it is live) just a reduction in damage slightly and fixing the double proccing would be nice
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Finally , good to hear , we have had days of people whining about the broken feat insisting that it would definitely go live even though many of us said it wouldn't .
    rayrdan wrote: »
    1M this is not going to happen

Yes old chap , just deposit the 1 M directly into my Swiss bank account xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Finally , good to hear , we have had days of people whining about the broken feat insisting that it would definitely go live even though many of us said it wouldn't .

Yes old chap , just deposit the 1 M directly into my Swiss bank account xD

i am happy your happy CW aren't getting that damage but if they fix it they have the potential to break 6 other things along with it
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm glad it was fixed before reaching live, the optimist in me still had faith in the devs XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Great News!

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    What I found ridiculus that pvp GWFs are roaming in CW forums even w/o having a main or at east an alt CW.

I indeed got a alt CW for pvp called firefly. Level 60 and leveled to go to icewind dale. Was in my signature for months. Changed it to try other classes. You guys should only speak about stuff you know.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The final version of storm spell seems to be activation chance increased 20% (down from 35%) and damage increased roughly 100% (down from 200%) no longer incorrectly triggers off chill stacks. Just posted in today's patch notes.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

I hope its already fixed, because its totally different then it was 2 days ago, its nerfed to hell. how it is on preview now is pretty much necessary
    Dr. Phil