test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW stormspell is out of control

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
So after a few minutes testing Stormspell together with ray of frost i got those numbers....

hp1wm561ao2q.png

Not that the dmg from stormspell is insanly high, but on average EACH ray of frost tick proccs it TWICE, check the amount of hits. Thats like 13k dmg with 1 ray of frost hit!
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    So after a few minutes testing Stormspell together with ray of frost i got those numbers....

hp1wm561ao2q.png

Not that the dmg from stormspell is insanly high, but on average EACH ray of frost tick proccs it TWICE, check the amount of hits. Thats like 13k dmg with 1 ray of frost hit!

they just made it broken op how was before mod 4 :( so goodbye hr,gf,tr,gwf,dc and new warlocks we will have cw game again how we have atm cw again have the best dps,utily,controll and this is called balance for devs
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »

Ouch - thanks for pointing this out as it does seem to be not WAI.

On a side note I wonder how many players found this but kept it to themselves.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    So what? Fox shift was hitting for around 16k when it could hit one target 4 times.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »

Can't be that many , patch had only been up a hour or two when this post was made and no patch notes were added for some reason so a lot of preview players wouldn't have even known the patch went up yet.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »

RoF has always doubl-procced effects like Storm Spell. They proc once on the damage tick and again on the chill stack. In fact all powers that stack chill have this effect - it's just that RoF has the fastest tick rate for the longest duration.

All that's happened here is the increased proc chance of Storm Spell resulting in a larger percentage of successful procs per damage and chill tick. It was an entirely predictable outcome and frankly I'm surprised that the devs missed it.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can confirm this with an OMG the damage
    rlHYNJV.jpg
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    this is like mod 2 deep gash but more op, stop defending this skill-less mechanic. this needs a nerf
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the damage with ice ray / steal time is unnecessary ...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    this is like mod 2 deep gash but more op, stop defending this skill-less mechanic. this needs a nerf

You are wrong it don't need a nerf it needs to be FIXED it's currently bugged and working a little to good. Needs to be taken back to the state it is was last patch and NOT bugged
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Holy **** I didn't log yet (didn't even know there was a new patch) but this is certainly bugged according to your tests. I'll test asap when I log, but it's almost certain that the problem is with Ray of Frost only, since people are only showing parses with this power.
    stop defending this skill-less mechanic

Plot twist: they made every CW mechanic be easy to perform.

I'm not even kidding; it doesn't matter what power you use, all our passives and features do the entire work.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Holy **** I didn't log yet (didn't even know there was a new patch) but this is certainly bugged according to your tests. I'll test asap when I log, but it's almost certain that the problem is with Ray of Frost only, since people are only showing parses with this power.
    Well, according to:
    RoF has always doubl-procced effects like Storm Spell. They proc once on the damage tick and again on the chill stack. In fact all powers that stack chill have this effect - it's just that RoF has the fastest tick rate for the longest duration.

All that's happened here is the increased proc chance of Storm Spell resulting in a larger percentage of successful procs per damage and chill tick. It was an entirely predictable outcome and frankly I'm surprised that the devs missed it.

its all chill powers, but Ray of Frost is simply the fastest attacking chill power so its the easiest to test with.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    UPDATE
    This is a CW damage after a CN run :)
    wcoc8WG.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I'm not even kidding; it doesn't matter what power you use, all our passives and features do the entire work.

Unfortunately you are wrong it isn't a problem with Ray of Frost it's the fact that Sudden Storm procs ridiculously often.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014

The difference between CW and some other classes :
    Devs are making ALL CW skills good, whereas the good skills like GWF's are nerfed to make everything bad. Yes i'm QQing. Because now CW has a lot of possibility to build and GWF has only 2 builds/possibilities to be playable a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Unfortunately you are wrong it isn't a problem with Ray of Frost it's the fact that Sudden Storm procs ridiculously often.
    Correct. Now, the fact that chill stacks proc effects like Storm Spell and weapon enchantments may well be a bug, but if so it's one that's been around forever.

Fixing this is simple - reduce the proc chance of Storm Spell back to what it used to be.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nobody is defending it, and everyone agrees it needs a fix.

HTH
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    The difference between CW and some other classes :
    Devs are making ALL CW skills good, whereas the good skills like GWF's are nerfed to make everything bad. Yes i'm QQing. Because now CW has a lot of possibility to build and GWF has only 2 builds/possibilities to be playable a bit.
    Actually not true. If you play an MoF CW there have been many nerfs and few buffs to a paragon that was already tough to make perform as well as Spellstorm.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's hardly different than putting a Careful Attack crit on people under Constrict/Disruptive and having fun looking at them melt while they are helpless. Or than a GWF spamming Rush on you while missing every Roar and Takedown and still ending up killing you by pure class superiority.

CWs had to put up with this kind of stuff for entire modules.

Fix the double proc, then enjoy a module of CW finally being in the same place other classes were for long months. Nothing to fear. We're harmless, cute and cuddly.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Actually not true. If you play an MoF CW there have been many nerfs and few buffs to a paragon that was already tough to make perform as well as Spellstorm.

Some are nerfed but everything is still usefull. Look at gwf and mighty leap, not so fast, reaping strike, steedfast, etc etc
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    So what? Fox shift was hitting for around 16k when it could hit one target 4 times.

Wrong it can only hit one target twice and only has 3 initial attacks if hitting multiple enemies. But nice trying to take the op light off of your class and put it on class you know nothing about
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Fixing this is simple - reduce the proc chance of Storm Spell back to what it used to be.

I'd say to fix it only by withdrawing the damage buff and fixing the Chill stack issue, because the effect of this is really cool and 35% chance to proc helps to kill some low HP mobs.
    Wrong it can only hit one target twice and only has 3 initial attacks if hitting multiple enemies. But nice trying to take the op light off of your class and put it on class you know nothing about

He was referring to Fox Shift on Mod 2 I think.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It's hardly different than putting a Careful Attack crit on people under Constrict/Disruptive and having fun looking at them melt while they are helpless. Or than a GWF spamming Rush on you while missing every Roar and Takedown and still ending up killing you by pure class superiority.

CWs had to put up with this kind of stuff for entire modules.

Fix the double proc, then enjoy a module of CW finally being in the same place other classes were for long months. Nothing to fear. We're harmless, cute and cuddly.

Careful attack crit? What?
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Careful attack crit? What?

What what? if you specced correctly it will reduce cooldowns. Please don't tell me you're combat or nature lol.

That's pretty much just making smart use of Prime Critical.
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Looks like you just started playing this game. Before mod 3 it did 4 attacks and all of them could hit 1 target.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I honestly think the dev's are just using a dart board for the changes. Did they really think doubling the damage of Spell Storm and making it hit ~1 out of every 3 attacks was a good idea?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    problem is there was no reason for last spellstorm path buffing it preformed very good in dps it could still easy out dps other classes and mof path by far
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    problem is there was no reason for last spellstorm path buffing it preformed very good in dps it could still easy out dps other classes and mof path by far

Its really vexing to outperform a good Storm Mage (even in Live) I need to stack 5 Arcanes to FTF and a good Sing>FTF>ST>Shard Combo "AND HOPE IT CRITS" to climb up the Storm Mage's damage. I can outdamage them in boss but the overall Paingiver takes those adds' numbers too!, if you put your 100% effort you can outdps them by 6 digits and 1 mess up rotation for you they'll be back again and you'll be back to square 1. (Points being based on a paingiver chart hehehe what vanity :rolleyes:) Patching preview now, hope they fix stormspell.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Looks like you just started playing this game. Before mod 3 it did 4 attacks and all of them could hit 1 target.

Looks like you just started playing because your point is incorrect. Before mod 3 it did 3 attacks but they nerfed it so that it can only hit one target twice (you obviously don't play the class since you're wrong) that was nerfed for a reason is just proving why Storm Spell should be nerfed. So again good job trying to take the spotlight off your class
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What what? if you specced correctly it will reduce cooldowns. Please don't tell me you're combat or nature lol.

That's pretty much just making smart use of Prime Critical.

Best way to proc prime critical is placing Careful attack then thorn ward and spamming rapid shot.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    double post