test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »

After a long time checking and testing, i think i got the perfect buffs for the SM paragon path for both PvP and PvP.

ENCOUNTERS:
    - Takedown have its prone back for PvP This way, GWF-class will have a "secure" damage as other classes but TR have.
    - Daring Shout: Its range should be increased x2 This way, marking both Pve and PvP enemies will be easier.
    - Flourish: Give Flourish the same range as Threatering Rush and make it CC inmune at cast This way, this paragon will have a really nice gap closer and stunner. Will be really nice as "combo starter".
    - Steel Blitz: it should have a 25% base proc chance and rise it +5% per enemy hit Damage, is fine as it is right now, but if devs rise it a 10%, would be better.
    - Steel Defense: its protection should make the GWF-class totally invulnerable to all damage, even piercing damage Self explanatory
    - Punishing charge: it should interrupt powers as roar does self explanatory.
    - Steel Grace: Fix it to use in PvP. Self explanatory.

FEATS:

- Instigator Tree rework: Self explanatory.

DESTROYER TREE
    - Deep Gash: its damage should be rise up to 20%
    - Staying Power: It should mitigate a up to 20% vs Encounters

still wouldnt pick SM cause IV can mark better and mark gives way more dmg than the change to staying power u proposed.

so i still think giving SM AoE mark on Weapon Master Strike would be best option, while keeping single target mark on IV TR
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    indeed now GWF is around third in matter of a dungeon dps...
    first are warlocks i think , after that cw..
    but that doesn't excuse the fact that gwf does alot of damage in dungeons, so i dont see a problem being third, as gwf can facetank alot of bosses ingame..
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    indeed now GWF is around third in matter of a dungeon dps...
    first are warlocks i think , after that cw..
    but that doesn't excuse the fact that gwf does alot of damage in dungeons, so i dont see a problem being third, as gwf can facetank alot of bosses ingame..
    If I follow what you say,

If GWF were 50%/50% DPS/Tank,
    If SW/CW were 100% DPS,
    If GF is 100% Tank,

Then 2 GWF would make 100% DPS and 100% Tank.
    But atm, SW/CW has higher damages than 2 GWF,
    GF has same tanking as 2 GWF and brings high damage boost for the SW/CW (and also for the entire team), so the difference gets higher and higher.

So if GWF were supposed to be an hybrid DPS/Tanking, he'd always be MUCH less usefull than other (If we wanted a class for Tanking, a GF would be much better, and could bring high damage boost, if we wanted to chose a class for DPS, he'd not be taken because other classes are dealing much more). A double GWF would not resolve the problem because as I said, a SW/CW + GF would bring barely same tanking (and the controls, so it means better tanking), and with much more damages.

BUT, as Cryptic said, he much chose between Tanking and DPS.
    Tanking --> Much less tanky than GF, and GF also brings huge damage boost.
    DPS --> Much less damages than CW/SW/HR and maybe soon TR, just in front of DPS GF who also brings more Tanking than the GWF.
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    DPS --> Much less damages than CW/SW/HR and maybe soon TR, just in front of DPS GF who also brings more Tanking than the GWF.

^ This. So much this.
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    If I follow what you say,

If GWF were 50%/50% DPS/Tank,
    If SW/CW were 100% DPS,
    If GF is 100% Tank,

Then 2 GWF would make 100% DPS and 100% Tank.
    But atm, SW/CW has higher damages than 2 GWF,
    GF has same tanking as 2 GWF and brings high damage boost for the SW/CW (and also for the entire team), so the difference gets higher and higher.

So if GWF were supposed to be an hybrid DPS/Tanking, he'd always be MUCH less usefull than other (If we wanted a class for Tanking, a GF would be much better, and could bring high damage boost, if we wanted to chose a class for DPS, he'd not be taken because other classes are dealing much more). A double GWF would not resolve the problem because as I said, a SW/CW + GF would bring barely same tanking (and the controls, so it means better tanking), and with much more damages.

man, the damage that gwf does as it is now, exceeds every dungeon... it's already too good... takin multiple marks from threating rush is to supress a little the aoe, and not aggro to much, i find it good as it is... and leaving to 1 target i dont mind , because a GWF can always tank Dracolich and do proper damage for example.
    either way if you land a IBS in a crowd you will mark all the targets, and after that an avalanche a steel will clean everything... marking more targets with threating rush at this point as gwf already does alot of damage, i think it's a little stupid!
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    man, the damage that gwf does as it is now, exceeds every dungeon... it's already too good... takin multiple marks from threating rush is to supress a little the aoe, and not aggro to much, i find it good as it is... and leaving to 1 target i dont mind , because a GWF can always tank Dracolich and do proper damage for example.
    either way if you land a IBS in a crowd you will mark all the targets, and after that an avalanche a steel will clean everything... marking more targets with threating rush at this point as gwf already does alot of damage, i think it's a little stupid!

Sure guy... GWF need to be Top 1 of the DDs due NR. 1 AoE King.
    CW should behind SW. Then Following TR/GF/DC.

Why they must be NR. 1? a) They are AoE powers. b) they go into melee fight. And melee > ranged.

And what you say about AoS is just rofling like. a) while you are casting it, the other can dps your marked mobgroup down b) while you are in AoS, you lose stacks of destroyer/WM/few enchantment. So after you do mediocrit to the rest of the group, the other done twice even not three times your Daily damage. So how do you think a GWF can outdps a CW???

Haven't played Dracolich, but CWs are able to duo this dungeon(a few with skill + gear). Would be nice to see how well GWF perform in such a situation. I guess they die like flies.

And on top of this: TR AoE mark(capped at 5 targets) is far better as the SM can offer. Even with the super loser skill WMS.

And for a class, that need to eat ALL the damage, with minor CC, tanking + dps MUST be included.
    edited August 2014

Who cares about damages boost, a CW with 36% more damages with encounters who have huge base damage(the 2 heroïcs feats 2*3% with arcane powers, +15% damages with AoE encounters and 15% with Arcane Mastery passive), deals much more than a +60% damages (needs also destroyer stacks and to mark) of stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> base AoE encounters.
    edited August 2014
    well i was talkin about the mark... and only the mark...

the reasons why gwf is outdamage so much?
    one of those reasons ; it's that the critical he does is broken...why is that?
    dunnp if you seen your yellow numbers instead of the orange ones...
    they 've done something to gwf critical makin him hit alot of non crit , even if he has 50% crit chance.. .and that is absurd.
    edited August 2014
    Weapon Master Strike needs marking ability and incrase in dmg by like 30%.

Flourish needs faster animation or CC immunity on cast.

Bravery needs it old 15% deflect back.

Takedown needs it prone and dmg back.

Steel Blitz need higher % activation chance and dmg.

Frontline Surge needs it dmg back.

GWF should get 2-3% dmg per STR point

Focused Destroyer now grants 20/40/60/80/100% chance to gain stack with any number of targets hit also incrase buff duration by 1/2/3/4/5 sec.

Unstoppable gain should be restored to it prevorious form or incrase unsto gain while dealing dmg with destroyer capstone

come on devs we re stuck with 2k base dmg encounters unless we pick destroyer tree.
    i also doesnt see it fair if u guys buffed other classes to an extent in terms of surv/dmg, why did u nerfed GWF then.

updated
    /10 char
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Feedback: buff steadfast determination to make it more appealing.

Instead of a fixed amount of deternination gain during combat, could be determination gain increased by 10/20/30% to really allow for a faster determination gain now that it's been lowered so much.
    edited September 2014

15% deflect chance and 1/2/3% increased deflect severity on bravery
    edited September 2014

Against players, you heal for 2% of total hp everytime you use an encounter power while in combat.

In pve, you heal 2% of total hp each time you kill an enemy.

Feedback sprint: hold button makes you sprint for gap closing like now. Double tap on movement button for a small burst about the lenght of a HR dodge, with cc immunity frames like for other dodges, and as responsive as other classe dodges. This way can be used to either close gaps or actually dodge with efficiency.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug. Restoring Strike proc "Shorn Tendon" on the player.

Effect: Your moverment speed has been reduced by 5% per stack of Shorn Tendon. (Look at first screenshot)
    Full-set bonus: You have a 7,5% greater chance to Deflect and your Encounter powers slow foes by 5%. This slow can stack up to 3 times.

0tSqec.jpg Gr9rLg.jpg

Affected gears:
    - Valiant Duelist Armor ("Source to design:") (bug since mod 1)
    - Grim Duelist Armor,
    - Grim Instigator Armor,
    - Grim Sentinel Armor,
    - Profound Instigator Armor,
    - Profound Destroyer Armor
    - Profound Sentinel Armor.

Solution: respec to SW; or use Purified Black Ice Gear/Corrupted Black Ice Gear.

IV has direct source to increase daily dmg; up to 20% via at-will mark (Threating Rush) + 15% if "Powerful Challenge" feated.
    Swordmaster has nothing.

Solution: respec to GF.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Feedback Stun :
    Just bring back Prone for "takedown" and
    Reduce the animation duration of Encounters IBS/FS/TD/RS/ Skills .

Everything else can be left as it is but one Prone" is really needed.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited September 2014
    STR on GWF should give 2-3% DAMAGE per 1 STR point.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Our class and only our class should be OP. not the range classes.

Thread done, everybody can go to their homes now.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This is really funny how devs made "balance" I have 6k defense, 3k deflect, 50k hp and full sent extremely tank build but... HR takes 3/4 of my hp in seconds. And what really makes me laugh, now they want 1vs1 fight. Lol. They know how they overpowered. And now they so brave) But they cried in mod 3 like a little puppies. So basically devs turned our class from great weapon fighter to GREAT WEAPON RUNNER. Lmao. Because if you Q solo and your team sucks you have choices to die or run. That's pretty sad. Our class and only our class should be OP. not the range classes. They should be support /control. It's was always difficult to hit them but why devs gave them huge damage buff? That's what I don't understand. It's so ridiculously stupid.

I think HRs are the best 1v1 class at the moment. Also, keep in mind a top HR will destroy a top GWF but your points are well taken
    edited September 2014
    Nobody likes to die. Not you, not other classes. And yes CW uses teleport, TR 90% in perma, HR jumping around. Only GF doesn't run or jump. What class are you playing? DC? So yes, better run and heal then die and wait respam. And actually I am very happy with my SW sent build. And also do you use more buttons then me? They are just called different for your class. That's all. But yes GWF class needs significant damage buff. Not HR or other support classes.

Talking about PvP, there are still some GWF in the leaderboard (but a really few), but they're full geared. And these are the ones who die the most compared to other classes full geared like them. Because they take all damages, obviously.
    edited September 2014
    the main problem is now that they buffed other classes surv/dmg to an extent while nerfing GWF dmg and surv, 1 of the changes should be enough but not nerf of 1 class and buff of others at once.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nobody likes to die. Not you, not other classes. And yes CW uses teleport, TR 90% in perma, HR jumping around. Only GF doesn't run or jump. What class are you playing? DC? So yes, better run and heal then die and wait respam. And actually I am very happy with my SW sent build. And also do you use more buttons then me? They are just called different for your class. That's all. But yes GWF class needs significant damage buff. Not HR or other support classes.

Please explain why GWF needs a damage buff in detail? I am curious...

Is it to kill 1 class in particular?

Is it to top Damage charts?

Is it just because you want more damage?

Most GWF my GS hit me really hard! I mean I gotta Guard up and play defensive or they will kill me very fast? I cannot just trade blows and win against a good GWF...

Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited September 2014
    Ppl already explained in details in previous posts. If you can read.
    Just gonna say that really, really hard to kill good GF. And yes you wrong. Most of the gwfs according statistic in mod 4 can do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pvp. That's why we don't see them on top pages leaderboard. So maybe you just need to improve your gear /skills?

ignore @ripyourlipsoff and hes troll attempts please, just report hes post to mod and like 90% of hes posts like this one ill get deleted
    edited September 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    There are plenty of GWFs on the top pages. On the first 10 pages of the leaderboard, there are 25 GWFs. There are seven classes. Given equal distribution, there should be about 28 of each class on the first 10 pages. GWF is probably the closest class to being balanced in terms of top-end leaderboard representation. Which is a drastically different situation from module 3 where GWFs made up about 50% of the top leaderboard pages, because they were overpowered and very easy to play.

The classes that have reason to whine about being underrepresented on the leaderboard are Warlock and Cleric, not GWF.

that leaderboard excuse always make me laugh hard.
    edited September 2014
    ignore @ripyourlipsoff and hes troll attempts please, just report hes post to mod and like 90% of hes posts like this one ill get deleted

I just asked a question! I wanted his answer not 900+ pages of other peoples opinions.

edited September 2014
    that leaderboard excuse always make me laugh hard.

Wait a minute... Romanporter says right above me
    That's why we don't see them on top pages leaderboard.

Yet when we show you GWFs in the top 10 Pages succeeding. You say I love the Leaderboard excuse! I am confused complaining there are no GWFs in the top of leaderboard then saying the leaderboard is an excuse... Its like a paradox!

What is it you are complaining about then?

edited September 2014
    I don't care about leaderboard at all because it's really easy to fake to get to the top. Not going to explain all tricks but ppl know how to Q to get easy wins /kills. That's the reason why most of the time I Q solo. And no secret that our class got not only announced nerf but couple of extra stealth... I love GWF and feel sorry about many friends that quit... That's all. Also I realized that it's wasting time to give any feedbacks here. Devs just rotate classes instead fix bugs and broken feats.

Fixing bugs and broken feats I can hop on board with!

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The class is balanced, it just requires a little more skill now than it did before. In that sense, you are correct that the "average" GWF would struggle, because the average GWF throughout module 2 and 3 got used to playing a very easy beast mode class that had no real weak spots. Whereas in module 4, they dumbed down CWs and HRs and made those classes much easier to play (while simultaneously making CWs stronger) and made GWFs harder to play (but not weak compared to the other classes when played well).

At the same time, some of the abusive items available to all classes are also easier for some classes to exploit -- i.e. Red Dragon Glyphs benefit CWs more than they do other classes, because landing lots of ticks of Ray of Frost from range is easy, while GWFs rely more on landing a few huge hits that kill people very fast. Once they fix Glyphs, that will also affect that aspect of class balance.

And as for the premade argument, everyone else in the top pages do that as well. And lots of people do other things like disconnect to save rating when they lose.

The bottom line is that you were wrong to begin with; 25 GWFs on the first 10 pages are in line with what should be expected for a balanced class (given that there are 200 spots and 7 classes to distribute among them, that leaves 28 spots for each class; 25 is close enough). The problem isn't with GWFs, whose leaderboard performance is on par; it's that other classes overperform (or underperform, like SWs and DCs).

I think the GWF class is indeed balanced. You can't YOLO and just take on the whole enemy team by yourself, but then again, I think you shouldn't be able to do that.

Going 1v1 against another class should be enough.
    edited September 2014
    Well macjae is right when he points out that it's some classe over/under performing. DCs are in such a bad spot right now that it's rare to see one in the first pages. SWs are new, strong ones will emerge with time. DPS potential and defense puppet are strong weapons
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Should be a point decay over inactive time as some of the gwfs in the first pages arent playing and we have 25 GWFs in top 10 pages...
    edited September 2014
    even with ur change to WMS feat i still would pick IV over SM coz TR mark is superior, the only way i would see it is keep the feat as it is but give Weapon Master Strike marking ability
    edited September 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I forgot this feedback:

Make determination gaining as it was on Mod 3 Self-explanatory
    +1 to this its really hard to stay alive as GWF in pvp/pve when everything does so much dmg now.