test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    allow GWF to have class change token instead of race change token , so that players can actually play viable class.

Honestly, writing in this feedback forums is like competing in the special olympics. Even if are correct and have the right fact, put a lot of effort, have correct evidence/proof it doesn't matter; just like in those olympics even if you win, you are still handicapped.

Re-rolling so I can eat away the whiny HR and CW "BUHUHU here comes GWF"

no more gwf = hr and cw can fight themselves all day and decide which of the two are more OP. They will cry about TR next, and nerf them to unplayable just like GWF. At the end, they took our feedback, we went to preview and what was the result ? They ignored us completely and did nothing.

The game will be renamed to "never neverwinter" some day.

~ G.W.F R.I.P.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    R.I.P. GWF.

My GWF has been stripped of all enchants and will be slotted with R5-R7s to just "keep up" with new boons in HOPES they undo what they did here.

Otherwise good bye GWF!
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    R.I.P. GWF.

My GWF has been stripped of all enchants and will be slotted with R5-R7s to just "keep up" with new boons in HOPES they undo what they did here.

Otherwise good bye GWF!

Or Cryptic buffs him before Mod5, or we will wait Mod6 : Mod5 is DC/TR changes.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    potato478 wrote: »
    I cannot believe their initial thought was, 'Yeah, let's nerf unstoppable by 80%, that'll be fair.' I know they've responded and generously cut that to a 40% nerf now, but to think that hitting a primary class feature so hard, so late in the game was something that could have even been on the table is hugely frustrating. It demonstrates a very poor understanding of both PVE and PVP balance. I am not optimistic about the survivability of my PVE destroyer. It's not as if I was face rolling dungeons and shrugging at the sight of red. I needed to pop unstoppable to stay in the fight and do damage, or get out alive with my rubber banding sprint...though I'm sure this comment is a bit late in the day now.

Yes this. This is why I lost alot of faith in cryptic by even considering this. This isnt the first time they initially were going to wreck a class's primary feature like that.

There was a time where they wanted to change stealth and make at wills drain it. HR's when they were just about to come out, split shot was horrendous (a class who at the time, made most of thier primary damage from thier at wills. ), CW with nerfing all thier spells AND increased thier cast time to uselessness, Changed HR's only burst attack into a lesser version, claiming when used it granted them untargetable and CC immune while using Fox Shift (when it didnt actually did neither but they THOUGHT it did until proven wrong) and nerfed it anyway to apply the untargetable and CC immunity to such a neglible effect, Having the new paragon paths come out and make a direct carbon copy of GWF's and GF's paths for each other and didnt think that would pose problems, no adaptablility to either class at all.

I could go on about more things but I'd be borderline raging. But these are examples that there is some flawed philosophy going on from the devs about the classes an thier implications and balance. The GWF was as balanced as it had ever been prior to Mod2 and then things just gone downhill from there. Compared to release when the GWF was in an identity crisis, this class has been literally all over the place, when it didnt really need to be so.
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Neverwinter game design plan:

Mod 4:is all these idiot gwfs are upset because we nerfed them. We are smarter and know better. CW, HR ftw. Let's take out the only viable melee beserker semi-tank and ignore everyone who gave their feedback, proof and tested results on the preview. Thank you for wasting your time for nothing.

Mod 5: Everyone has re-rolled to HR and CW. The game has gone from MMORPG to FPS.

Look I am not trying to troll, or anything. I am just very very disappointed.
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Neverwinter game design plan:

Mod 4:is all these idiot gwfs are upset because we nerfed them. We are smarter and know better. CW, HR ftw. Let's take out the only viable melee beserker semi-tank and ignore everyone who gave their feedback, proof and tested results on the preview. Thank you for wasting your time for nothing.

Mod 5: Everyone has re-rolled to HR and CW. The game has gone from MMORPG to FPS.

Look I am not trying to troll, or anything. I am just very very disappointed.

You're actually wrong. Everyone is talking about people rolling HR and CWs but that's stupid because the HR doesn't even stand a chance against the CW in fact the only class the will is going to be the GF... They have a shield HRs have nerfed wilds medicine which doesn't do anything because CWs have burst damage that destroys an opponent in a matter of seconds which is how long it takes to even get a stack of wilds medicine.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    guys stop sayin that is an OP feat, we are talkin here about 2 encoutners that on base they don't do damage, as the are buff/debuff encounters and using intimidation feat comes with a cost, as using those 2
    come and get it - 14 seconds cooldown
    Daring shout - 16,5 seconds cooldown
    and let's say you have a 8000 power, you do with both encounters 8000 damage, that damage a CW will do yo you in 12 seconds t hat bypass defense/deflect..
    but nevertheless GWF is already killed enough so that your classes will be OP against them even if you have a PVE build you will still withstand them.

and yeah, it's a troll build , cause the only encounter with damage that you would use is IBS. but for every 16 seconds to do 8000 damage isn't worth it man .

Your argument does not address that this is bug. I repeat, these are ignoring all resistance and immunities both on NPC and players. Dodge, itc, the immune enemies in IWD. There is no way this is working as intended.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014

its the only way to have fun playing gwfs in its current state in mod4. KKTHXBAI!

This is the problem i have with their feedback system. People get on preview and find these bugs but then don't tell anyone so that they can abuse them on live. This has been known for while now on preview and yet it was never reported.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Wait a minute: are you really complaining for 2 '~4k damage at 15/16 secs encounters which pierces about DR, Deflection and inmunity but do not do so with feats which make most damage dealt piercing up to 60% of DR and deflect? Are you serious???

They do A LOT more damage that 2-4k.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Sure. With a tank build GWFs have few Power so they can't have much damages.

And they don't do more than 6k damages with this feat. 4k damages means 8k Power, tank GWF doesn't have 8k Power, just around 4-5-6k Power. And these Encounters don't crits.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Nice feedback.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Your argument does not address that this is bug. I repeat, these are ignoring all resistance and immunities both on NPC and players. Dodge, itc, the immune enemies in IWD. There is no way this is working as intended.

it doesn't go through Shield or GF block. but in rest it goes through everything, but sometimes Come and Get it doesn't do any damage at all..
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    Bug: Sprint cancels chill stacks, impossible to put chill / freeze on a gwf

Crying.gif

Please give the CWs one button 20k damage with 1 sec cd. They still don't feel they are op enough with their PvE gears and I can't bear to see such crying anymore. I play GWF after all ...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Crying.gif

Please give the CWs one button 20k damage with 1 sec cd. They still don't feel they are op enough with their PvE gears and I can't bear to see such crying anymore. I play GWF after all ...

Yeah we all are noobs, nobrain, unskilled guys playing GWF to instakill everyone. Since mod3 .. To mod4.

R.I.P ;)
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014

CW detected! Commence termination.
    75566-un-targets-terminator-style-robots.png
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWFs with the fixed mark do much more damage then before which is welcome, but their cc / cc immunity is still a bit extreme
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    CW detected! Commence termination.

The only termination that will happen will be from either my CW or HR towards GWFs. I already had excessive amounts of fun terminating GWFs that dared to annoy my CW when I was on HR. Now there's no need to switch classes for revenge.

There are quite a few valiant GWFs that I never disliked however, and I feel very empathetic towards them. They never had any desires to exploit what was broken in their class and never reveled in bothering underpowered classes beyond what was necessary to win the game, if it makes sense.

For those few GWFs, that forums rules are not allowing me to name - guys - I honestly feel for you.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GWFs with the fixed mark do much more damage then before which is welcome, but their cc / cc immunity is still a bit extreme

in theory yes, in practice no more. apparently "magically" I'm with tremendous difficulty making critical / take maximum damage (encounters... atwills is a mess).

or perhaps a misfortune of the day, I do not know. i take + 20/30 minutes to do the same thing of my first test(dv non epic).
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ibs,base damage,hp.reaping srike stealth nerfed by 30% ?anyone noticed this or this is fake info i cant log in to tests it ty to crashing bug
  • Options
    edited August 2014

not even close we been stealth nerfed to ground because of new mark so guess what all builds need to be iv to can have damage of encounters close to one on live
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    ibs,base damage,hp.reaping srike stealth nerfed by 30% ?anyone noticed this or this is fake info i cant log in to tests it ty to crashing bug

if this really happens, again, mmo is a business that deserves to be sabotaged.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »

Where... did you get that from?

I'll test this later but I didn't feel this on my GWF until now.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Where... did you get that from?

I'll test this later but I didn't feel this on my GWF until now.

some ppl talking it i cant log to tests server to test it but could be truth this would not be first stealth nerf to gwf skills for example reaping strike has been stealth nerfed once allredy some time ago so did ap gain on many skills dont forget stealth nerf on math from bf damage buff which will came with this mod to