Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    The best build for intimidation is the AoW set with the PvP set on accesories with Deep Gash and Disciple of War destroyer feats. It will grant you around 2k extra power for both Deep Gash and Intimidation. The main problem on this build, obviously, is the BIG LACK of Tenacity and Armor but well, devs said GWF should chose between survivality or damage. (joke)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA stahp right there

AOW doesn't have any overload slots, so for what you see there thats the most POWER you can get on a PVP domination. and having decent defensive stats.
    AOW for PVP with tenacity rings it's not a playable char, with so much CC in the game atm it's not viable. (either way, do urself a build with AOW and get more power than what i have in those pics)

deepgash it's an useless feat atm .
    you need to crit to activate it, and it does 20% from your power as damage.
    so 20% out of 7k it's about 1,5k power
    and that power doesn't stack 1,5 damage 1,5 damage 1,5 damage for 6 second, it only does 1,5 / 6 sec = around 250 damage until it reach 1,5k .

and to chose between surviability and damage are only lies...
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    choose between damage and survivability :

What I see is :

pvp : I choose between beeing useless or useless.
    pve : I choose between beeing so hard outdamaged by other classes (I choose damages lol) or beeing a semi-tank while a GF DPS has exactly the same but with the damages.
  • Options
    ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    why do you even try any more? this is the gwf we will have in mod 4..dont you see that devs dont give a **** ??
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I noticed a lot of ppl already gave up. Myself included. What is the point of this thread when 90% of us suggests roughly the same thing/solution and devs just IGNORE it and instead try to come up with spectacular reworks that only lead to more imbalance?
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Well i gave up IV is still superrior to SM

SM cant mark with hes at-will,
    Flourish is too slow,
    wms is too slow and debuff is kinda worthless,
    steel blitz barely proc.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You guys are doing it all wrong. Rational explanations dont work on the dev team nor on the forum mods, this is a FREE to play game remember. For PWE and Cryptic to notice, you gotta hit 'em where it hurts - in the money
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The buff to the Intimidation feat finally makes it more worth picking up, since it can now deal as much damage as an encounter(50% of your power, up from 10%). It makes Daring Shout much more attractive.

The damage from the Intimidation feat can never crit, making a tough choice to bring for builds that focus on critting. My suggestion is to either increase it to around 75-85% of your power and keep it as a non-crit damage or to lower it to 25-35% of your power while allowing it to crit.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Punishing Charge needs AT LEAST a CC Immune. There is no advantage to using this Encounter if we can get interrupted, while Sprint gives CC Immune and also DR. Using an Encounter after Punishing Charge often doesn't land to the target. Fix it !

Flourish is too slow, decrease his casting time or/and give a CC Immune like Crescendo.
  • Options
    ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »

Punishing Charge needs AT LEAST a CC Immune. There is no advantage to using this Encounter if we can get interrupted, while Sprint gives CC Immune and also DR. Using an Encounter after Punishing Charge often doesn't land to the target. Fix it !

Flourish is too slow, decrease his casting time or/and give a CC Immune like Crescendo.

yeah give them feedback,they r gonna fix that :)
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Sprint cancels chill stacks, impossible to put chill / freeze on a gwf
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As PVE Swordmaster i got buff to WMS and Flurish, DR and CC immune when Sprint, we deal more dmge on Marked targets, Mark is now full duration
    I lost Unstoppable DR from 25/50% to 15/30%, and some temp. hit points on activation
    Jamaica
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    squibo wrote: »
    As PVE Swordmaster i got buff to WMS and Flurish, DR and CC immune when Sprint, we deal more dmge on Marked targets, Mark is now full duration
    I lost Unstoppable DR from 25/50% to 15/30%, and some temp. hit points on activation

But SM has no Mark.
    Unstoppable is hard to get, we have to take lot of damage, so for Destroyer we will never have it, and need a lot of threat to be focused to take damages to activate Unstoppable : CW deal more damages, they will make more threat than us, GF hard buffed, we will see a lot of GF who will make a lot of threat.

This is a big indirect nerf to DPS PvE GWF.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    flourish damage is MUCH inferior than Aimed and ice ray now . you can, in all reason, to say that Aimed is hard to use and dont provides control. but the same can not be said about this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ray.

wms buffs never replace the old cancellation. this Atwill has the relative value using feet (which, with changes mark, forcing me to choose between her and the executioner style).

mark was a nice addition. but the determination gain of daring shout is small, and the contdown is ridiculous.

the destroyer (only sm viable ) lost 13% damage in the middle of last module because of a "bug" (cw feets given 2x/3x more damage now in live, but the urgency was to adjust those 13% to fix the imbecile attempt to balance pvp gwf ignoring feedback their playerbase).

ps: do not understand why delete the other post. go fix the critical rating class and stop to playing with the sw. what is the excuse now? pvp? pve? some hypothetical new game mode where gwf reign if work?
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Daring shout and Come and Get it

The damage from these penetrate all DR. They even damage the Immune npcs in IWD. if it is not fix you will just see 5 gwfs running around spamming these encounters and stacking the power stat to hit harder.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

its the only way to have fun playing gwfs in its current state in mod4. KKTHXBAI!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    guys stop sayin that is an OP feat, we are talkin here about 2 encoutners that on base they don't do damage, as the are buff/debuff encounters and using intimidation feat comes with a cost, as using those 2
    come and get it - 14 seconds cooldown
    Daring shout - 16,5 seconds cooldown
    and let's say you have a 8000 power, you do with both encounters 8000 damage, that damage a CW will do yo you in 12 seconds t hat bypass defense/deflect..
    but nevertheless GWF is already killed enough so that your classes will be OP against them even if you have a PVE build you will still withstand them.

and yeah, it's a troll build , cause the only encounter with damage that you would use is IBS. but for every 16 seconds to do 8000 damage isn't worth it man .
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    guys stop sayin that is an OP feat, we are talkin here about 2 encoutners that on base they don't do damage, as the are buff/debuff encounters and using intimidation feat comes with a cost, as using those 2
    come and get it - 14 seconds cooldown
    Daring shout - 16,5 seconds cooldown
    and let's say you have a 8000 power, you do with both encounters 8000 damage, that damage a CW will do yo you in 12 seconds t hat bypass defense/deflect..
    but nevertheless GWF is already killed enough so that your classes will be OP against them even if you have a PVE build you will still withstand them.

and yeah, it's a troll build , cause the only encounter with damage that you would use is IBS. but for every 16 seconds to do 8000 damage isn't worth it man .

This i not true they do this dps in 3 sec.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This post will be my last feedback post before Mod 4 goes live. I have discussed at length some issues regarding the GWF and making it viable in PVP against the changes related to the other classes. In mod 3 Destroyer GWF's are percieved as overpowered 1v1ers. They are able to survive and kill any class except HR 1v1 in the end game (BIS experienced player) scenarios. Because they have wreaked havoc on so many players (especially in PUG matches against undergeared opponents) they earned a certain level of dislike in the PVP community. So I understand the decision to nerf GWF. The real problem with GWF's is that in the Destroyer build they are able to roar and use takedown very frequently. They are already tanky with the use of unstoppable, with the use of these two CC abilities that kept them free from damage when controlling targets they seem even tankier. The worst problem created was the spamability of roar. Roar creates a very buggy mechanic in the game which interrupts targets that are CC immune, using a daily, or multiple instances where gameplay becomes very difficult. The simple solution to nerf GWF's was to change roar as was done on the preview shard. Problem solved. Now the problem is that most classes have received very large damage buffs, either in the form of dots or burst damage. HR's were impossible to beat 1v1 (without the use of Kessels) on a node for GWF's (again end game BIS PVP toons here). So there was a more OP toon than the GWF. In Mod 4, HR's got buffed, CW's have been buffed very strongly for single target CC/Damage, and GF's were given rather large pointy teeth to contend with. GWF's were nerfed in multiple ways until now the only class they can likely kill end game is TR's if they can find them (which is more likely with the changes to sprint). If I may impress on the Devs any one thing it is this... Give Mod 4 the Destroyer GWF back minus the roar and they will be in line with all the other classes you have buffed. Simply do away with sprint cc immunity and allow us to use threatening rush as it was in mod3. Give us back our damage output and you will see it is far from OP against the class buffs you have given the other classes. I implore you Gentleman Crush, please, if this mod is released as is, I will lay my GWF to rest until an update/mod come out to fix them. It's not too late however, you can correct this prior to release this week. Please, simply watch fights on the preview shard, you will see there is no real balance right now for the GWF in any build. They simply die to everyone 1v1 now. If this is punishment for the fact they have had the spotlight for so long then I think the idea of balance and fairness and fun in PVP is lost. If you want to give us options then make the Sentinel class more tanky, as it stands the 80% reduction in unstoppable and the sentinel capstone doesn't make GWF's very tanky at all in comparison with the damage out put of every other class. Please don't allow our class to go live this broken. As always I have faith that the dev team can come to the right decision to make this class fun and viable in Mod4, please guys prove me right. Thanks for your time.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Bug: Daring shout and Come and Get it

The damage from these penetrate all DR. They even damage the Immune npcs in IWD. if it is not fix you will just see 5 gwfs running around spamming these encounters and stacking the power stat to hit harder.

Better bury him more by fixing it than fixing extra damages by CW.

Waq02y.jpg

What's wrong with you all seriously ? Why each time GWF has something to deal A FEW (YES A FEW) damages, you QQ again, AGAIN AND AGAIN ?

Delete GWF then.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    Better bury him more by fixing it than fixing extra damages by CW.

A certain GWF reliably kills CWs in Preview, on stream, each day every day.

Stop playing.

It's solely out of respect for him that I don't post the links and stuff.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Stop playing.

i repeat again

a 40k hp gwf against a 40k hp CW , cw will always win.
    cause you cannot compare a CW made for PVe against a GWF made for PVP or a GWF made for PVE against a CW made for PVP .
    so yea , most likely a gwf for pvp can kill a CW that is PVE , but the CW will take alot of HP leavin the gwf with 10%. but a gwf pvp vs a cw pvp, that gwf will surely die before the CW hp gets to half.

so tommorow is the day of the funeral. at least remove all the prones in game, if prones disables deflect, that means all classes who uses prones neglets the deflect of the GWF.

but hey, in mod 5 we might get the new path : Pit Fighter.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Need to post links/ videos so everyone can watch. Much better if you ask me.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Stop playing.

persephone,

sinbad has companions on just so you know, and the cws he have been fighting are really meh......
    KKTHXBAI
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the decision to nerf GWF. The real problem with GWF's is that in the Destroyer build they are able to roar and use takedown very frequently.

No. It's normal that the Melee class has the advantage once the fight becomes a Melee fight. And roar has a small range compared to the 80 ft of ranged classes, it's a spell but a melee spell.
    The real problem was giving Iron Vanguard to GWF, as because of IV the ranged class loses the benefit of being ranged.
    It's of course too late for the devs to come up with a mod4 paragon for gwf instead of IV. Most probably the devs here will never ever implement a proper, DnD-correct gwf paragon in NWO. No idea why.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    persephone,

sinbad has companions on just so you know, and the cws he have been fighting are really meh......
    KKTHXBAI

He killed me once as well and my CW is not that ****ty lol. Was pretty close though and I got dailied twice, and before SS buffs. I wasn't using any companions, thought that was the whole purpose of testing.

Also you suck for breaking my cover. I was having so much fun. Well shame on you. Now people will just have to discover for themselves where my feedback was serious and where I was trolling. Not to say I didn't catch any big fish though.

The thing is nothing here matters. It was proven the serious feedback was all useless, and the good posts were never even considered. So why try? I completely stopped caring when they introduced Assailant, and then irrevocably destroyed Shard. When they announced Storm Spell and EotS buffs, this game pretty much died for me.
  • Options
    potato478potato478 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I cannot believe their initial thought was, 'Yeah, let's nerf unstoppable by 80%, that'll be fair.' I know they've responded and generously cut that to a 40% nerf now, but to think that hitting a primary class feature so hard, so late in the game was something that could have even been on the table is hugely frustrating. It demonstrates a very poor understanding of both PVE and PVP balance. I am not optimistic about the survivability of my PVE destroyer. It's not as if I was face rolling dungeons and shrugging at the sight of red. I needed to pop unstoppable to stay in the fight and do damage, or get out alive with my rubber banding sprint...though I'm sure this comment is a bit late in the day now.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    allow GWF to have class change token instead of race change token , so that players can actually play viable class.