Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i was into a PVP , and was fighting a CW inna, he was controlling me when i was sprinting, and in unstopable, it was no question about delay or something like that.
    so yeah , i am not immune to CC.
    HRs have no stuns? u <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kiding me?
    that disruptive not only it blocks my encounters, i cannot even move, and i am in unstopable !!!!
    ROAR doesnt interrupt anything, or maybe it does sometimes.
    besides glyphs, there are spikes of damage that bypass through unstopable, even if i am sentinel !!!
    not to say that SW burns us very fast with their pew pew laser beam, even if we are using unstopable,

do you play gwf to know all of this?

There is a classification to these CC effects. So Disruptive is an Interrupt with a Daze, not a Stun (such as FLS). Disruptive most certainly lets you move. A stun doesn't.

What you are describing here is pretty much people having too much damage. Unstoppable won't make you immortal you know, and glyphs... are glyphs.

By the way, I play a GWF (not often, just a few minutes of GG), and I was never CCed during Unstoppable or Sprint. I will try to replicate your results in a test, because it's obviously a bug if you get CCed.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ok, let's recap what i am sayin so you won't lose sight

while unstopable and sprinting i got freezed by CW.
    i was only sayin it might be from too much control, and like you guys said about different spells acting weird in dungeons it might apply to GWF unstopable, it's not impossible, you know that.
    that is my statement, it's a feedback.
    (mention halfing + 400 control resist + 3% from wisdom, there is enough CC immunity even from the build)
    Disruptive is an interrupt with a Daze you say so it won't stun, but it stunlocks your encounters, well idk what kind of combo a hr is using, but the same effects applies, while unstopable i can't move. might be Boar or other skill, i dont know.

most GWF should payattention while fighting on node 2 with lots of enemies, while they are in unstopable they should check if their movement is right or if they can execute their encounters in a proper way.

well i do think a certain combo of CC encounters would possible bug unstopable

i dont know the encounter GF uses, so i assumed it's anvil of doomed, but i know the encoutner only hits forward , hittin the ground and prones enemies in it's way. and i didnt complain about it.
    i accept 1 class that can combat unstopable, but seriously , not all classes must have it.

i dont expect unstopable to make me immortal, but gettin 10k-20k crits while in unstopable, bigger crits then when i am not in unstopable, and i 've critted other GWF while i foughtt against them.

and a high end SW > high end GWF
    high end CW > high end destroyer gwf
    high end sentinel GWF > high end CWs.
    HRs rank 7 > high end sen/destr gwf.
    about TRs, i dont know what to say, they are so lost, that maybe a couple of them have a good build and know how to fight and hold a cap.
    but a TR can beat a GWF, using his dailies and if he has sigil of devoted for another daily, he can clean a gwf from node 1/3 ..
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great Weapon Fighter
    • Instigator: Allied Opportunity: Damage Bonus increased to 6/12/18/24/30% (up from 2/4/6/8/10%) and the Combat Advantage Duration is increased to 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5 seconds (up from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds).
    • Instigator: Group Assault: Damage bonus increased to 2/4/6/8/10% for each additional target struck (up from 1/2/3/4/5%).
    • Instigator: Instigator's Vengeance: *Rework* Now grants 10% increased damage at all times. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a maximum total increase of 50%.

IV Instigator dmg (by paragon):
    10% permanent & 20+15% from Mark & 10-50% if you are struck in combat.

Not so fast: Allied Opportunity & Vicious Advantage: 35% dmg & 5% crit
    SotS: flat 5% dmg

...trade Powerful Challenge for Great Weapon Focus: flat 10% dmg to at-wills.

exmpl build (only feats): Deflect&Dmg; Bye Sentinel.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    forumgambittforumgambitt Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG:

Whenever you try to Sprint immediately following a Wicked Strike command that collides with an enemy, your character is "locked in place" (restricted movement) for a duration equivalent to the attack animation's remaining duration (won't allow you to move until the animation's time frame finished). Basically, you can't cancel a Wicked Strike into movement very fluidly, thus making it very stiff and potentially preventing the player from making clutch dodge maneuvers that could mean the result between life and death, due to this glitch.

Here is a video that clearly describes the issue. Note that whenever the camera is zoomed outward, the (my) character is currently in "sprint mode". Therefore, make clear note of how the character still stays either locked in place, or "sliding in place", whenever trying to move around in sprint mode.

You'll notice better when you try to recreate this glitch. It'll feel very restricting.

This does not occur with any other GWF at-wills. You can freely sprint-cancel out of a connected Sure Strike, Reaping Strike, Weapon Master Strike or Threatening Rush, but not a Wicked Strike.

The Instigator tree feels completely useless as a DPS tree. Whereas the Destroyer tree is about being a Offensive/Defense mixed brute force, the Instigator tree is about being a lithe, always-moving slayer who works to avoid damage and dish out tons of damage in return, ...but yet it isn't like that at all. Instigator feels comparatively useless compared to the Destroyer tree, which does TONS more damage with little to no effort necessary. And yet the Instigator tree feels like having to do 50% more work than the Destroyer... only to end up doing 50% less damage than a Destroyer. :\

Sooo... yeah, rework Instigator pl0x? Like I said, it's absolutely useless.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The Instigator tree feels completely useless as a DPS tree. Whereas the Destroyer tree is about being a Offensive/Defense mixed brute force, the Instigator tree is about being a lithe, always-moving slayer who works to avoid damage and dish out tons of damage in return, ...but yet it isn't like that at all. Instigator feels comparatively useless compared to the Destroyer tree, which does TONS more damage with little to no effort necessary. And yet the Instigator tree feels like having to do 50% more work than the Destroyer... only to end up doing 50% less damage than a Destroyer. :\

Sooo... yeah, rework Instigator pl0x? Like I said, it's absolutely useless.

Destro is main damage dealer here. Instigator should be a mix between destro and senti - do you want to make instigator superior than destro in dps? :D Istigator can be nice replacement if it has right build and skill.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    forumgambittforumgambitt Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Destro is main damage dealer here. Instigator should be a mix between destro and senti - do you want to make instigator superior than destro in dps? :D Istigator can be nice replacement if it has right build and skill.

...huh? Instigator is supposed to be the off/deff tree...? <:\ Then why in the hell is it's capstone a damage increase that is removed when you take damage? >_>
  • Options
    lll37llllll37lll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, you’ve taken away the GWF’s mobility, yet left every other classes intact. In addition, you’ve taken away the GWF’s only cc, and again left every other classes intact. And, you did this because? Oh, some players without skill that don’t know their class whined? Because if this was an issue it would’ve been worked out by the devs pre-release by professionals not whiney little children.

Therefore, put it back to vanilla and fix what you’ve broken. This was one of the best games. However, you’ve ruined it. Thanks for kowtowing to the whiners like everyone else. QQ for the win. Grow a pair and stand behind what you originally intended.

Here is a review of pvp I wrote before this unbelievable nerf to GWF’s,

CW’s and HR’s can dodge my Encounters every time. However, I am right next to them and use the encounter before they move. Moreover, my takedown ability charges and then strikes. Yet, I’ll be right next to a player hit it and then 1-2 seconds later they dodge and it doesn’t land. Therefore, it is impossible to kill them 1v1. Additionally, the CW pushes me away and chokes me. Also, the HR puts me on a leash and does a stun lock. So, they can dodge all my powers, and keep me away from them forever. Therefore, this is trash. Yet, players complain that GWF’s are OP!? Get out of here with that garbage. Anyone who claims GWF’s ar OP are without skill. And don’t know how to play their class.

So, now those problems that GWF’s faced before still exist, but now you’ve taken away what limited and few abilities they had to attempt to counter other classes. It’s completely unplayable. Therefore, I must walk away from neverwinter.

However, please email me if you decide to fix what you’ve broken. And, I’ll gladly give this another go.