test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

Comments

• graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    What are these for if they aren't for upgrading artifact weapons? does this mean we will be able to craft our own artifact weapons so we can have all three on one character if we want ?

You will need to collect all 3 of the Elements and then use them in a Campaign task (Dragonforged Artifact) to receive a Dragon Artifact Chest which will contain a random artifact weapon of your class.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Easy way to get a decent number of blue belts is to trade in the IWD bounty items for the IWD Treasure Cache or whatever it's called , lots of blue belts and rings for RP and basic epic black ice ring , belt and cloak for either RP or gold if you cannot use Black ice gear for RP xD

That basic black ice gear also salvages in 300 raw BI per piece, if you happen to need it for anything.

I want Dread Ring treasure caches to use up my flood of Onyx Fragments.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    You will need to collect all 3 of the Elements and then use them in a Campaign task (Dragonforged Artifact) to receive a Dragon Artifact Chest which will contain a random artifact weapon of your class.

It's RANDOM!?

They're BoP and random.

Please consider giving us the opportunity to choose the weapon as we can our DD set pieces. It would be a horrible feeling to put in all that effort and get a random item that buffs a power you don't use in your build.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Ahhh right , thanks for the info although I'm not entirely sure how the randomness will go down , is there no way you could give us the option to choose the Artifact weapon we want? or are we able to complete the campaign task multiple times until we finally get the weapon we want?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    Ahhh right , thanks for the info although I'm not entirely sure how the randomness will go down , is there no way you could give us the option to choose the Artifact weapon we want? or are we able to complete the campaign task multiple times until we finally get the weapon we want?

1 in 3 chance means 2 in 3 chance for it to be wrong, over and over and over again. You really want to go down that path?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The cache should be chosen from like the 3 free artifacts you get around level 20. Mostly because you could get an artifact that gives you a bonus you don't even use, and it would be a pretty big (and permanent) disappointment.
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This seems like a complete fubar if we can only get one artifact cache because if that is how it is you will need to reroll again just to get the artifact weapon you want and do all the boons over again.......
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    This seems like a complete fubar if we can only get one artifact cache because if that is how it is you will need to reroll again just to get the artifact weapon you want and do all the boons over again.......

Can someone specify exactly which campaign quests would need to be repeated (and how many times) in order to compile the mats needed for a second chance at an artifact weapon that actually complements your build?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Random???? Ahahahahahahaah
    edited July 2014
    1 in 3 chance means 2 in 3 chance for it to be wrong, over and over and over again. You really want to go down that path?

Yeah with the RNG that's going to be quite frustrating I imagine , I was really looking forwards to getting to upgrade my gear finally and I like this entire system so far but this random chance is going to totally ruin it , I really hope this is one thing they will change for us , I can't even think of a reason to make it random .
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    Can someone specify exactly which campaign quests would need to be repeated (and how many times) in order to compile the mats needed for a second chance at an artifact weapon that actually complements your build?

Two of the mats drop from both versions of the skirmish , both versions of the dungeon and the Dragon Heroic encounters in Rothe valley and the Whispering Caverns the other mat is available from the campaign store .
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Can we at least put an artifact weapon into another artifact weapon to get extra refinement points like it works with regular artifacts?
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It would be a horrible feeling to put in all that effort and get a random item that buffs a power you don't use in your build.

Exactly. I feared they were going to be random, hence my earlier question.

Please allow us to choose which artifact weapon we get.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Exactly. I feared they were going to be random, hence my earlier question.

Please allow us to choose which artifact weapon we get.

Yes, please give us the choice.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Can we at least put an artifact weapon into another artifact weapon to get extra refinement points like it works with regular artifacts?

Last time I checked Artifacts put into other Artifact do NOT grant multipliers on PTS (report). Either it's bugged OR they want to further increase the difficulty to reach legendary level.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014

my STRONG suggestion: Dont make it random, give us the choice between one of the three. If players want to get all three, they need to farm this three times. Nothing sucks more than grinding for SO long, only to get the wrong artifact weapon.

Considering they take alot of RP to level, its not like well invest into one, when trying to farm another.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    All I have to suggest is:

- Artifact off-hand.
    - Choose what artifact you want to get.

Out of that sounds like a great idea.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Random? You know you'll be getting lots, and lots of feedback from people who are trying to get one specific artifact but have gotten a different one six times in a row and are pulling their hair out in frustration, right?

If the goal is to make it "harder" to get the one you want, then introduce a second chest that costs 3x as much of each Element for a Dragon Artifact Chest that allows a player to choose which one they want. I bet 90+ percent of the player base would rather have that than be at the mercy of the RNG gods even though, on average, the amount of time invested would be the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please, don't make it random, geez I don't even have the "Scourge of the Dread Legion" where are I need to get 3 items after trying like 20 times I'm still waiting for 1 item while I keep getting continuously the other two, it's so annoying. We would love to be able to choose our weapon.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • tckbloodlinetckbloodline Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even though I agree with most people on the RNG system of this game being badly executed. To be honest, Doesn't all MMORPG require for players to grind their behinds off in order to finally get something they want? It's a sense of accomplishment. There are some people complain about the game being boring and nothing to do after the new contents being released. Imagine if we get everything in the shortest time possible that Will lead us with nothing else to do. Only grinding/farming is what keeps us playing. Yes, the RNG is really bad and sometimes we get something we don't want 6 million times and never get what we wanted. I'd say the chance option to get the preferred artifact is a good idea but just re-work and tweak the chance to get the item so we don't have to grind exceedly or that would put players off. I played on the preview and I feel the contents in ToD is far much better than IWD has to offer and it would be a shame if we manage to complete all the contents in one day (example).
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    random like getting your main hand or gloves from black ice encounters bahahaha we all know how "random" works in this game
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Random is a horrible, horrible idea, especially on classes where only one of the three base at-wills is worth using. Is this task repeatable? Is it reasonable/not cash shopped to get the materials needed to get a weapon? Random BoP equipment is an awful thing. Say I get a Sly Flourish boosting weapon. I'm not ever using that. The weapon itself is useless until I level it up, and that takes a ton of resources. Resources I'm not going to bother with unless it's the one I actually want.

Nearly all TRs use Duelist's Flurry. CoS and Sly Flourish are situational at best, and the Sly Flourish bonus especially is unexciting given how utterly meh the power is. 10% damage boost at Legendary. DF one also gives 10% damage boost, but DF gets used because of the bleeds. SF gets used... When you don't want to be pushed off cliffs by CWs?

For fun, have some numbers comparisons on stats and stat totals. Not bothering with green and blue. Green is completely not worth using, and blue you're losing too much for a useless bonus.

Dread Legion set:
    406 - 496 damage each

Set total of:
    1866 Power
    894 Crit
    218 Apen
    218 LS

Total stats: 3196

Fallen Dragon set:
    411-503 damage each

Set total of:
    1872 Power
    682 Crit
    232 Recovery
    434 LS

Total stats: 3220

Epic Horn of the Golden Dragon with Fallen Dragon OH:
    420-514 damage MH, 411-503 OH
    5% damage boost to Duelist Flurry strikes.

Total of:
    1966 power
    116 Crit
    116 Recovery
    276 Apen
    276 Deflection
    217 LS

Total stats: 2967

Legendary Horn of the Golden Dragon with Fallen Dragon OH:
    430-525 damage MH, 411-503 OH
    10% damage boost to Duelist Flurry strikes and bleeds.

Total of:

2160 Power
    116 Crit
    116 Recovery
    357 Apen
    357 Deflection
    217 LS

Total stats: 3323

Complicating the analysis is the second offense slot at Legendary which admittedly makes up for a lot of the sins.

One problem here is that you're not getting a big boost to anything except with the pairing of the artifact weapon and the Fallen Dragon one; there is 0 overlap with the stats given, so the tiny pittance of stats given by the Fallen Dragon is not doubled as it normally is, and you lose the set bonus(Potentially needing to actually gain crit from somewhere depending on the rest of your build). Fabled Fomorian doesn't fix the issue, having simply a different distribution of the same stats Fallen Dragon gives you.

The damage bonus doesn't seem that exciting given that you only get it on one weapon. 300ish more power is nice and the slight damage boost is nice too, but overall, I'd like someone to explain to me where I should really be excited in this. It just doesn't seem exciting enough to make me want to put in all the ridiculous cost, time and effort for something that isn't even that great until I get it to Legendary and unusable until I get it to Epic until which time its just sitting in my inventory eating a slot.

It's not worth even considering until Epic, and even then you may be left with holes in your stat allocations due to to the all-over-the-place nature of the unmatched sets. I mean, OK, deflect is cool, but ehhh...

Oh, since people will want them, the current stats for the Horn as pulled from Preview Gateway:

Horn of the Golden Dragon

Uncommon:

403-492 Damage
    Equip: Increase damage done by second swing of Duelist's Flurry by 5%

924 Power
    207 Armor Penetration
    207 Deflection
    Offense slot

Rare:

411-503 damage
    Equip: Increase damage done by 1st and 2nd swing of Duelist's Flurry by 5%

966 Power
    235 Armor Pentration
    235 Deflection
    Offense slot
    Weapon Enhancement slot

Epic:

420-514 damage
    Equip: Increase damage done by all swings of Duelist's Flurry by 5%

1030 Power
    276 Armor Penetration
    276 Deflection
    Offense Slot
    Weapon Enhancement slot

Legendary:

430-525 Damage
    Equip: Increase damage done by all swings and bleeds of Duelist's Flurry by 10%
    1224 Power
    357 Armor Penetration
    357 Deflection
    Offense Slot
    Weapon Enhancement slot
    Offense slot
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If we are going to be given a random artifact weapon we should be able to use artifact weapons just like artifacts of the same type to get more rp than what was put into which would make things a little less long term. I say this because some will be using refining stones and have legendary artifacts weapons the first day the last task in ToD campaign is available.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
    edited July 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    Nearly all TRs use Duelist's Flurry.

And yet I have a Scoundrel who uses a combination of feated SF and CoS for her at-wills, and a Sab Whisperknife who only uses Disheartening Strike and CoS for hers, and getting a DF-boosting weapon on either of them would suck.

And that is why we really need to be able to choose our weapon rather than having it be randomized.

That one guy who built his GWF around Reaping Strike might actually want a weapon that would be crushing-the-will-to-play trash to 99% of GWF players. The GF and DC options offer powers that complement a couple of different playstyles. There is no reason RNG should then dictate which of these the player gets.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    please don't make it random, if you want to add longevity for this process, add a pvp version of the artifact weapons with tenacity...
  • baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Having rewards (in this case artifacts) being randomly distributed is inherently problematic as over time, those multiple rolls will take the shape of a bell curve: There will be extreme cases of people suffering from multiple fail rolls and frustration, and since it's random it'll affect everyone, even the whales. Game mechanics which will jeopardize an inevitable share of your best customers aren't well designed in my book.

Implementing randomness into important game mechanics ultimately means being ok with losing - not potentially, but definitely - a random share of your playerbase.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Random? Is this task repeatable? And how difficult/easy is it to acquire these artifact caches? Anyone test it?

I guess I will be giving up on this early, just like with the black ice equipment drops. Efforts and rewards need to be proportionate and consistent.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For reference since a couple of people have asked about the ease of obtaining the artifacts. Currently the price of the dragon artifact cache containing the weapon is:

100 dragon hoard coins
    6 cult secrets
    6 dragon sigils
    1 dragon forged steel
    1 dragon bone
    1 dragon gem

The coins, secrets and sigils can be obtained by doing the basic quest content. A single quest in Neverdeath rewarded 5 coins and 1 secret. Not sure on the reward for the quest to complete an HE.

The dragon forged steel can be purchased in the tryrany campaign store for:

50 dragon hoard coins
    1 gold
    5,000 AD

Not sure how you obtain the dragon bone or dragon gem at this stage.

The task to get the cache is one of three branches at the end of the campaign tree, I expect it to be repeatable.
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not sure how you obtain the dragon bone or dragon gem at this stage.

looks like the gem is obtained from the new skirmish and dungeon. The Dragon bone has a respectable drop rate from a few of the Dragon HEs: I got mine from the Dracolich in the Whispering Caverns
    edited July 2014
    It doesn't really make a difference how easy it is to get the materials , something like this should not be gated behind RNG , I think it is safe to assume everybody here has at one point or another been the victim of the awful RNG system Neverwinter has , doing it this way could potentially mean you could do the task 20 times and still not get the Artifact weapon you wanted , all that is going to do is annoy and frustrate players .
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And yet I have a Scoundrel who uses a combination of feated SF and CoS for her at-wills, and a Sab Whisperknife who only uses Disheartening Strike and CoS for hers, and getting a DF-boosting weapon on either of them would suck.

You'll notice, if you re-read what you quoted that I said nearly all. I have already allowed in there that there are people with different builds who use different at-wills. Nearly all is not all. You're arguing a point that was already implied which does not in any way change my argument.
    And that is why we really need to be able to choose our weapon rather than having it be randomized.

Yes, this is exactly what I was saying. You seem to be arguing with me, and yet I made the exact same point. I'm not sure where the issue is coming from. A DF-boosting weapon would suck for you. A CoS or SF-boosting one would suck for me. These are both arguments for choosing which you get. I'm not at all sure what you're trying to argue with me on here.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.