What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    any news on geting 1 of 3 weapons in random?will it be still random on last version or we will be allowed to choose which one of 3 we want from weapon box
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    any news on geting 1 of 3 weapons in random?will it be still random on last version or we will be allowed to choose which one of 3 we want from weapon box

I really really hope they decide to allow us to choose , I just know if it is random you know for a fact threads will start popping up where people have had loads and loads of try's and not got the one they want.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello Devs, I like many others hope their opinions and feedback as valued customers, consumers,minions, annoyances, are considered when developing new and exciting new stuff and I humbly beg you from the bottom of my heart to make the artifact weapons by choice and not random. Surely you've seen every person on this forum agrees with me we need to have a choice. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and for your consideration in this matter. p.s love the game great work!!!
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    How would you go about getting these ? Do they drop like normal items, or is there a special way ?
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    How would you go about getting these ? Do they drop like normal items, or is there a special way ?

The Artifact weapon is a reward towards the end of the new campaign , the Artifact belts drop in the epic version of the new skirmish and dungeon and are also lockbox drops in the new lockbox.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    How did I know that was the first question you would ask?

How about more than 3 million and less than 5 million RP just to give us room to change the numbers before launch.

THis is REALLY just dumb... What is that, 5,000 EPIC belts?! That DONT stack?

Should be like <1.5 Mil RP... Even that.... Its 2,500 epics... and 5,000 Blues. Honestly thats just beyond "grinding" or "farming" and entering the realm of crazy and "youll never have this"

If you want it to be like 3M+ RP then you need to seriously increase the scale of each item that goes INTO the artifact.

Greens should give: +3000 RP each
    Blues should give: +6000 RP each
    T1 Epics should give: +12000 RP each
    T2 Epics should give: +24,000 each.

If I run CN and get an ancient sword... your telling me its HARDLY better than doing a few PVP matches are buying the T1 PVP sword?! Ontop of that, that CN sword worth close to a MILLION AD, doesnt even SCRATCH the surface of what I need to get this thing leveld?!?! That seems REALLY silly to me.....

Do the math, If I run a CN and get the MH, chances are I can sell it for atleast 500k+. It takes about 5-10 Million to level an artifact to lvl 100.

So 500k / 10 million = 5% of the way there (at 10 million).....

So at 3 MILLION to reach final level. This is telling me my CN sword should give 5% of the RP = 150,000!

I hope they see the HUGE HUGE HUGE flaw in the scale of this!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I get it taking a long time to level, but seriously.... Maybe the item that drops SHOULDNT be Green but Purple and THEN we have to level it from Purple to Orange.

Not only is it a grind to GET a CHANCE at the green, then its an ABSURD grind to even get to max level.

Since the demographic of this game is catered and geared towards NON-"hardcore" gamers, looking at dailies that consume very little time to do over long duration of days, id strongly encourage you guys to release things that actually are applicable towards your demographic that plays this game.

This type of crazy farming only works with games that have a more "hardcore" audience.....
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    THis is REALLY just dumb... What is that, 5,000 EPIC belts?! That DONT stack?

Should be like <1.5 Mil RP... Even that.... Its 2,500 epics... and 5,000 Blues. Honestly thats just beyond "grinding" or "farming" and entering the realm of crazy and "youll never have this"

If you want it to be like 3M+ RP then you need to seriously increase the scale of each item that goes INTO the artifact.

Greens should give: +3000 RP each
    Blues should give: +6000 RP each
    T1 Epics should give: +12000 RP each
    T2 Epics should give: +24,000 each.

If I run CN and get an ancient sword... your telling me its HARDLY better than doing a few PVP matches are buying the T1 PVP sword?! Ontop of that, that CN sword worth close to a MILLION AD, doesnt even SCRATCH the surface of what I need to get this thing leveld?!?! That seems REALLY silly to me.....

Do the math, If I run a CN and get the MH, chances are I can sell it for atleast 500k+. It takes about 5-10 Million to level an artifact to lvl 100.

So 500k / 10 million = 5% of the way there (at 10 million).....

So at 3 MILLION to reach final level. This is telling me my CN sword should give 5% of the RP = 150,000!

I hope they see the HUGE HUGE HUGE flaw in the scale of this!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I get it taking a long time to level, but seriously.... Maybe the item that drops SHOULDNT be Green but Purple and THEN we have to level it from Purple to Orange.

Not only is it a grind to GET a CHANCE at the green, then its an ABSURD grind to even get to max level.

Since the demographic of this game is catered and geared towards NON-"hardcore" gamers, looking at dailies that consume very little time to do over long duration of days, id strongly encourage you guys to release things that actually are applicable towards your demographic that plays this game.

This type of crazy farming only works with games that have a more "hardcore" audience.....

To be fair if you use a R10 to refine an artifact it doesn't go along way concidering the price aswell xD, but the amount of gear you need to collect to max it out is fairly out of control
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yes, but you can sell the rank 10 and buy a TON of rank 4s to refine and youd probably only need 2-3 rank 10s to get 1 legendary artifact.

You could sell a purple MH and TRY and buy greens or blues BUT! They dont stack. So people arent gonna farm bags and bags of them, and neither can someone trade in a stack of 99 of them - and it only takes up one bag space.

Thats the major difference AND issue with this... Also, R10s dont drop you HAVE to make them, purple items DO drop...

Id also argue that you SHOULD get massive "bang for buck" on R10s, I mean why not? I SHOULD be able to throw 1 Rank 10 into an artifact and get tons of RP towards something. But that is another issue.

TLDR: because of the stacking nature of enchants versus this "gear" game... You should incentive players to farm epics to put into their item, not farming greens to put in in a NON-stacking manner.

All this is going to do is create MASSIVE problems and I will bet that your gonna start seeing alot more "bots" and people "botting" to farm these greens and blues.

The incentive and drive should be to farm EPICS to refine because its THAT much better to farm an epic!

Honestly just make it 10,000,000 RP to hit max. Make each T2+ Epic give like 250,000 though. T1 Epics @ like 50,000 and BLues at like 10,000 Greens at like 5,000.

This would be a more fair/price appropriate system. Players should be able to grind Epic weapons and armor and get BIG bang for buck. Dont incentive the WRONG PLAY STYLE!

Edit: I have posted a revised version next page.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This will again, only be for huge money spenders then, and another thing that gives them a massive advantage in pvp -.-
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    To say im disappointed in the current system is an understatement... I wish they would for once give incentive to run dungeons again to farm epic weapons...... Not farm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 60npcs for a stockpile of greens and blues that dont even stack..... Its just so backwards
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    This will again, only be for huge money spenders then, and another thing that gives them a massive advantage in pvp -.-

Pretty much this as you can see from the OP -
    graalx3 wrote: »
    There will be a new type of refining stone that will give x5 RP for artifact equipment.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The Artifact weapon is a reward towards the end of the new campaign , the Artifact belts drop in the epic version of the new skirmish and dungeon and are also lockbox drops in the new lockbox.

Sorry if this has been already answered, but what in the case that you dont get the artifact you like? Can you repeat it? and in this case how much effort is it?
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been already answered, but what in the case that you dont get the artifact you like? Can you repeat it? and in this case how much effort is it?

That's what everybody else wants to know , if it is random I would guess that it is repeatable but I don't know anybody who has got that far in the campaign yet and the system designer doesn't seem to even want to discuss it despite the fact just about everybody has said what a awful system it is if it remains random , people could literally try 10 - 20 or more times and never get the one they want .
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    That's what everybody else wants to know , if it is random I would guess that it is repeatable but I don't know anybody who has got that far in the campaign yet and the system designer doesn't seem to even want to discuss it despite the fact just about everybody has said what a awful system it is if it remains random , people could literally try 10 - 20 or more times and never get the one they want .
    that is actually good: we should be able to use legendary garbage weapons as refining for the good one.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have 84 bag slots. Lets assume they come out and this costs 4,000,000 RP for max level. This means ROUGHLY 2,000,000 to get the weapon/belt to epic - real rough math.

Lets say I go out and farm like mad and get lucky and fill ALL 84 bag slots with blues EVERY SINGLE DAY. Lets also assume I get lucky and HALF of those blues are weapons.

So 42 = random 60 blues
    42 = weapon blues.

I get 300 each for regular items. 600 for each blue weapon. This means I would earn just shy of 38,000 RP a day.

Now it takes 4,000,000?!

I have to do this for 50 consecutive days!!! to just get EPIC and 100 consecutive days!!! to get legendary.

Most people dont get 84 blues in a day with HALF being weapons....

Not only that, but why would I try and go farm a T1 or T2 epic? It takes maybe 20 minutes for overly geared groups to run lower T1/T2s. Say I get a weapon drop EVERY time....

Thats what? 1200 RP? for 20 minutes of play?

This whole system is backwards....

Epics should be worth ALOT more than blue gear. The goal should be for players to farm epic items to REVISIT dungeons.

I propose a change:

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100 (200 for similar items)

Rare300 (600 for similar items)

Epic 1,200 (2,400 for similar)

Epic Tier 1 3,600 (7,200 for similar)

Epic Tier 2 4,200 (8,400 for similar)

"SIMILAR" items would be DOUBLE.

This means a T2+ Epic is worth:
    42 Greens or
    12 Blues
    or 3.5 "Epics"

This also means that between 3,000,000 - 5,000,000 Required RP to hit MAX...
    You would need STILL 357 -595 T2 EPICS OF SIMILAR KIND!!!!!

I still think even THAT is insane... this just shows how out of proportion it is.....

Also, Think of the PRICE with this system. Say each T2 costs ONLY 50k AD

50,000* 595 = 30 MILLION AD
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't want to revisit any dungeons. They are horribad in design and unrewarding. I don't want to touch them with a 10 foot pole.
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I have 84 bag slots. Lets assume they come out and this costs 4,000,000 RP for max level. This means ROUGHLY 2,000,000 to get the weapon/belt to epic - real rough math.

Lets say I go out and farm like mad and get lucky and fill ALL 84 bag slots with blues EVERY SINGLE DAY. Lets also assume I get lucky and HALF of those blues are weapons.

So 42 = random 60 blues
    42 = weapon blues.

I get 300 each for regular items. 600 for each blue weapon. This means I would earn just shy of 38,000 RP a day.

Now it takes 4,000,000?!

I have to do this for 50 consecutive days!!! to just get EPIC and 100 consecutive days!!! to get legendary.

Most people dont get 84 blues in a day with HALF being weapons....

Not only that, but why would I try and go farm a T1 or T2 epic? It takes maybe 20 minutes for overly geared groups to run lower T1/T2s. Say I get a weapon drop EVERY time....

Thats what? 1200 RP? for 20 minutes of play?

This whole system is backwards....

Epics should be worth ALOT more than blue gear. The goal should be for players to farm epic items to REVISIT dungeons.

I propose a change:

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100

Rare300

Epic 600

Epic Tier 1 1200

Epic Tier 2 2400

This means a T2+ Epic is worth:
    24 Greens or
    8 Blues

Alternatively, You could just not set the RP amount to be retardedly high.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    3GrkhBv.png
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    4M refining points????
    people have really really problems to upgrade their artifacts with STACKS OF RANK 4 (99 !!!) CHEAP THANKS TO BOTS and we are now supposed to level with single items not stackable and unfarmable?? pls.
  • Options
    nedruodnedruod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited August 2014
    @ayroux. The idea of making T2 epics worth 250,000 is terrible because there's no point in trying to pull all the T2 epics out of the economy. The points given right now are to me, just a small consideration for those with bound items they're deciding between salvaging or using on the artifact. Could be a little higher, but 250,000 is too high. You're starting from the perspective of assuming that artifact weapons are supposed to compete with the AH for ancient swords and such. I think that would be a bad choice, and based on the design I think PWE must agree with me.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope you guys realize that the rank 1 of artifact weapons AND belts are already almost at t2, making them different from refining to max then artifacts, which only start at +42 bonus, at rank 1 an artifact belt is already practically a t2 belt or even better concidering it already gives +1 to an ability roll
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    nedruod wrote: »
    @ayroux. The idea of making T2 epics worth 250,000 is terrible because there's no point in trying to pull all the T2 epics out of the economy. The points given right now are to me, just a small consideration for those with bound items they're deciding between salvaging or using on the artifact. Could be a little higher, but 250,000 is too high. You're starting from the perspective of assuming that artifact weapons are supposed to compete with the AH for ancient swords and such. I think that would be a bad choice, and based on the design I think PWE must agree with me.

yeah its all relative.

If they make T2 worth 250k but then the total required is 10-20 MILLION its all percentage based....

I aslo posted a more revised version last page that I guess you didnt see.

Overall what should the requirements be on these items? What is the INCENTIVE they are trying to accomplish? We have TONS of people botting rank 4s - just check the AH - you REALLY think those people are grinding stacks of 99 themselves?

All this current system will do is incentive botting even more. If they want people tore-visit dungeons they need to make it worth while to do so.

How many T2 weapons should it take to get to max level? 200? 300? 5000?

How many T1s? Etc

BTW here is my "table" from previous page.

QualityBase RP

Epic 1200 (2,400 for similar)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    I hope you guys realize that the rank 1 of artifact weapons AND belts are already almost at t2, making them different from refining to max then artifacts, which only start at +42 bonus, at rank 1 an artifact belt is already practically a t2 belt or even better concidering it already gives +1 to an ability roll

Right, and on the current system it takes about HALF the RP to get it to "epic" which is about the same stats as the Black Ice weapons.
    Here is their current table:
    Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650

So if its 3-5Mil, that means 1.5-2.5Mil for B.I. Equiv weapons.

So 1.5M / 1250(doubled for "like") = 1200 - 2000 TIER 2 ITEMS!!!!!!!

Thats just LUDICROUS! All your gonna see is tons of people botting the new zones for lvl 60 items and SPAM the AH with LOADS of them. Would you rather see this, or see people farming more dungeons for T1/T2 items because its better to do so?

Id even STILL like to see The T1/T2 RP value increase from what I proposed however I know some T2 items are easier to get than others... But you should be giving people incentive to try and get T1/T2s, not make it completely worthless where its better to buy 2 blues or 3 greens to completely outpace a T2 epic. Thats just stupid....
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oooor you could just get all that number of RP in rares, rather than epics. Sure, it's double the number, but a single dungeon run can give you five times as many blues as it does epics, and a truckload of greens.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Oooor you could just get all that number of RP in rares, rather than epics. Sure, it's double the number, but a single dungeon run can give you five times as many blues as it does epics, and a truckload of greens.

Yup - so have with with "BotWinter" cause thats what this game will turn into....

Or you could just farm GREENS cause you can get 3 greens and beat out 1 T2 epic....
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    time to pve grind you self-entitled scrubs.

GET ON IT.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With Epic gear giving this few RPs, there is no motivation whatsoever to use them for refining - instead they will be salvaged, the RAD refined and used to buy blue items on the AH, which will probably result in the prices of rare items going up quite a bit.

I would like to see the RPs for purples doubled or tripled - the current numbers just don't make sense to me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yup - so have with with "BotWinter" cause thats what this game will turn into....

New game , bot hunting in the zones , I used to love doing this in Grand fantasia , drag every mob possible to a bot and watch it die then teabag it whoooo!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    With Epic gear giving this few RPs, there is no motivation whatsoever to use them for refining - instead they will be salvaged, the RAD refined and used to buy blue items on the AH, which will probably result in the prices of rare items going up quite a bit.

I would like to see the RPs for purples doubled or tripled - the current numbers just don't make sense to me.

And where do you think the blues and greens will come from?! BOTS! Thats who!

I seriously dont understand why they keep doing this thing and favoring people who use bots.... Artifacts are already this way and its SOOOO annoying you have to buy stacks and stacks of rank 3/4s to refine because rank 6+ just give such <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> RP. I mean seriously a Rank 8 should give you similar RP to the amount of rank 4s it took to MAKE the rank 8....

This is the same system. It favors "bot" mechanics instead of actual gameplay.... Its not even about farming, its about WHAT are your farming....

Do you want us farming bland NPCs that Bots can do? Or do you want us farming dungeons! I mean seriously, what would happen to the economy if they actually banned the guys that DO bot?

R4s would dry up and there would be no way to get artifacts......

Seriously guys.... Re-work this CRAPPY RP system to give incentive to run dungeons..... You thought bots farming PVP was bad.... this is gonna be WORSE!!!!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    BTW here is my "table" from previous page.

QualityBase RP

Epic 1200 (2,400 for similar)

I actually agree with this. When you compare effort to reward, it's far easier to just go out solo and farm mobs for blue and green drops, then challenge content in dungeons.

Give the people who are tackling group content a little more of a "reward" for doing so.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1