What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

Comments

• Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does this include Peridots and anything similar to it?

See opening post, they "will accept the various refining stones". Short answer = yes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh yeah, there it goes.

The rush on level 60 blue MH and waist items arrived with a fury. I thought about buying some cheapie stuff, but when it comes down to it, I don't want to sit on those things for the month+ it's going to take to be able to do anything with them. Bad enough that I now feel compelled to hold onto whatever I pick up while adventuring normally.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @graalx3 thank you very much for this new items, Mod 4 promises to be a very exciting module and I can't wait to see more orange items in my character!

Please, could you let us know how much RP is needed for the Artifact Weapon/Belts? Thank you.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if epic lvl main hands will go up?
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh yeah, there it goes.

The rush on level 60 blue MH and waist items arrived with a fury. I thought about buying some cheapie stuff, but when it comes down to it, I don't want to sit on those things for the month+ it's going to take to be able to do anything with them. Bad enough that I now feel compelled to hold onto whatever I pick up while adventuring normally.

Yeah, pretty comical. Profiteering in action. What's really funny is the people buying them and immediately re-listing them for 10x what they just bought them for. Meanwhile blue rings, boots, off-hands, and others are are still selling for <100 AD. The more I think about this the more I like it. It's going to be a pain for people to try and hoard a giant pile of blue weapons that don't stack. That will be more trouble than it's worth. I think most people will end up *gasp* collecting their own stuff and refining their weapons and belts as they play the game rather than buying out the auction house and having their Legendary item in an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Feedback: Confused about difference in classes Artifact bonus. seems unfair

"Artifact Weapons
    In addition to its damage rating and stats that they give each of the artifact weapons will give a minor increase of some kind to one of the at-wills of that class. The three weapons for each class will correspond to the three at-will powers that are not part of a paragon path."

Doesn't the GWF artifact gives a lot more than minor increase to an at will? It decreases damage taken by 8% just for using an at will or you can make enemies take 9% more damage from GWF after using at-will. Which means you can hit players with big encounter/daily after using at will for a lot more than minor damage.

Take TR for example, only your at-will damage goes up. It should be fair, using at-will makes target take 9% more damage from TR not just the at will.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    Trickster rogues get more of a damage increase when their artifact weapon increases quality than they would normally to offset their off-hand dagger not being an artifact.

It will take somewhat more total RP to reach legendary quality with artifact gear than it does for artifacts. This is offset by the fact that more equipment drops than enchantments. This will be even more true when Tyranny goes live as level 60 areas will no longer drop less than level 60 gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The TR power buffs are really simplistic compared to those of... I think every other class. Perhaps they could use more of a look, but a lot of classes are getting buffs other than improved damage on their powers.

The Wicked Strike one you're talking about makes WS apply a debuff similar to what Weapon Master's Strike (feated) already did for GWFs. I'm not sure that it's going to inspire a lot of people to actually use that power, but I could be wrong.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited July 2014
    The TR power buffs are really simplistic compared to those of... I think every other class. Perhaps they could use more of a look, but a lot of classes are getting buffs other than improved damage on their powers.

The Wicked Strike one you're talking about makes WS apply a debuff similar to what Weapon Master's Strike (feated) already did for GWFs. I'm not sure that it's going to inspire a lot of people to actually use that power, but I could be wrong.

Fair enough, I had only saw those two classes. Still think TR artifact deserves another look in that case.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Feedback: Confused about difference in classes Artifact bonus. seems unfair

"Artifact Weapons
    In addition to its damage rating and stats that they give each of the artifact weapons will give a minor increase of some kind to one of the at-wills of that class. The three weapons for each class will correspond to the three at-will powers that are not part of a paragon path."

Doesn't the GWF artifact gives a lot more than minor increase to an at will? It decreases damage taken by 8% just for using an at will or you can make enemies take 9% more damage from GWF after using at-will. Which means you can hit players with big encounter/daily after using at will for a lot more than minor damage.

Take TR for example, only your at-will damage goes up. It should be fair, using at-will makes target take 9% more damage from TR not just the at will.

This is a good point. There are definitely imbalances here.

Another related one would be that boosting at-will powers is not going to help all classes equally. CW's get the smallest percentage of their damage from at-wills of any class. So boosting the damage of an at-will is much less help to a CW than it is to a TR or GWF who get a fairly large percentage of their damage output from at-will powers. Things like adding an extra stack of chill and boosting the damage of an at-will will elicit a firm "meh" from the CW community. The stats are beastly so I'll definitely still be getting one. But not because of the bonus. Other classes have much, much more useful bonuses.

By the way, does anyone have links to all 21 of the legendary versions of the weapons?

Edit: I've found some of them.

CW: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717241-M4-Stuff-for-CW
    HR: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717681-HR-Artifact-Weapon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is so lame, it will take absolutely forever to level up your wep to legendary. it already takes long enough to level up a normal artifact, and that is with enchants that can stack to X99. and even then you cant put X99 in at once on the artifact. no one wants to level this thing for weeks on end and hours and hours of dragging blue gear into it 1 by 1. you need to change this
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    It will take somewhat more total RP to reach legendary quality with artifact gear than it does for artifacts. This is offset by the fact that more equipment drops than enchantments. This will be even more true when Tyranny goes live as level 60 areas will no longer drop less than level 60 gear.

It takes nearly 4 million RP to get a legendary artifact (none of mine are even remotely close), and you can at least refine artifacts with items in the thousands or tens-of-thousands of RP a pop.

In principle, I like the idea, but the process sounds absolutely painful, not so much as a matter of finding the RP (I am patient) but inserting it. I like having functional joints.

Another thought, will reagents be required for quality upgrades?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I think most people will end up *gasp* collecting their own stuff and refining their weapons and belts as they play the game rather than buying out the auction house and having their Legendary item in an hour.

Which is actually pretty cool, an actual use for all the gear that drops and even a use for crafted gear.

Of course this is subject to me finding out that the drop rate is extremely low, they can only be obtained in 'group' areas, the grind to upgrade is so ridiculously long and expensive that it's not worthwhile pursuing. We'll see. I'm cautiously excited.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There will be a new type of refining stone that will give x5 RP for artifact equipment.

I am curious of this new refining stone and if the new enchantment that works like fey blessing but for refining stones will have it drop this way or is it going to be in skill nodes and dungeons only?
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I am curious of this new refining stone and if the new enchantment that works like fey blessing but for refining stones will have it drop this way or is it going to be in skill nodes and dungeons only?

I hope so but it might be in zen market...
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    This is a good point. There are definitely imbalances here.

Another related one would be that boosting at-will powers is not going to help all classes equally. CW's get the smallest percentage of their damage from at-wills of any class. So boosting the damage of an at-will is much less help to a CW than it is to a TR or GWF who get a fairly large percentage of their damage output from at-will powers. Things like adding an extra stack of chill and boosting the damage of an at-will will elicit a firm "meh" from the CW community. The stats are beastly so I'll definitely still be getting one. But not because of the bonus. Other classes have much, much more useful bonuses.

By the way, does anyone have links to all 21 of the legendary versions of the weapons?

Edit: I've found some of them.

CW: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717241-M4-Stuff-for-CW
    HR: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717681-HR-Artifact-Weapon

Is it normal for CW weapons to have total stats so much higher then a HR weapon? Same base dmg but the CW stats add up to 2822 while the HR weapon stats add up to 1938.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Is it normal for CW weapons to have total stats so much higher then a HR weapon? Same base dmg but the CW stats add up to 2822 while the HR weapon stats add up to 1938.

I think that's because HR off-hand weapons have significantly higher stats than CW off-hands.

For example, Ancient Trapper's Ornate Blades have a total of 1351 stats. Ancient Court Magister's Talisman has a total of 464. An Artifact man hand weapon + Ancient offhand for CW will total 3286. For HR it will total 3289. Seems fair to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Interesting idea to use gear for refining because useless blues/greens always pile up in the inventory. Even if you factor in a Greater Scroll of Identification for 125 AD, you are getting better AD:RP value as with the current Enchantment / Refinement stuff.

The RPs for Purples seems a bit low though.

Once you hit 60 Grater Scrolls Identification drop like candy, my main hasn't bought one about 8 months and I've 4 stacks of 99 in my inventory... It may be low, but it's free and plentiful.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The refining-system is gonna be a pain in the ***. Its already pain with normal artifacts. If the weapon/belts require even more RP and we have to drag each gear one by one into the artifacts... Well..

Did some dev even try to get one of these new artifacts to legendary in-game?

You need 3,847,635 RP for a normal artifact. How many belts is that? I'm counting like 7k blue belts.. Cant you see the problem here?

And then we have to do the same thing all over again but for the artifact weapon.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    FEEDBACK HR WEAPON: Damages for combat Hr are based on the secondary weapon base damage. it's unfair to only have a bow, it only boosts archery. I am not talking about the bonus on the at will, i know there is one but i not gonna pay in RP just to see some random orange when pressing C

FEEDBACK GWF WEAPON: BONUS: isnt too OP??
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    FEEDBACK HR WEAPON: Damages for combat Hr are based on the secondary weapon base damage. it's unfair to only have a bow, it only boosts archery. I am not talking about the bonus on the at will, i know there is one but i not gonna pay in RP just to see some random orange when pressing C

Yes, GWF weapon too op, nerf it, nerf it, while the GWF players on the GWF feedback thread and discussion thread complaint those three new weapon effect are useless.

I have a question, how many RP will the full filled black ice Bis weapon be worth?
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

Not sure if you saw this on page 3 :

We have added a power to all Hunter Ranger artifact bows that will increase melee damage.

Depending on how it works doesn't that fix the issue?
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Question:

Are these random from the artifact chest or do we get to choose which one we want?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Another thought, will reagents be required for quality upgrades?

That's what I want to know too , these are in the collections tab and it looks like they might be involved in upgrading .

Uo5Ypp8.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there any chance we can get access to this stuff without having to do the entire campaign? I don't think very many, if anyone's going to be able to test these before August 14th otherwise.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Any main hand weapon will count for double RP in an artifact weapon. It does not have to match class.

We have added a power to all Hunter Ranger artifact bows that will increase melee damage.

Artifact weapons will be bind on pickup. Artifact Belts are bind on equip.

Enchantments can not be used to refine Artifact equipment.

That will help with HR melee abilities, but just for clarification is it going to affect melee feats that do damage directly as a percent of weapon damage?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That will help with HR melee abilities, but just for clarification is it going to affect melee feats that do damage directly as a percent of weapon damage?

They simply added a power to the bow but i m concerned about the base damage.
    These weapons are a league of its own and as a combat hr i will not gain any advantages from the highest base damage weapon of the game. This is unfair. Period.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So with the changes to Trickster Rogue and Hunter Ranger weapon artifacts to compensate for their offhands, what about Guardian Fighters?
    They already have the lowest weapon damage and the artifact weapon doesn't improve their offhand (Shield), which I would think ought to mean that the artifact weapon should improve Armor Class with upgrades
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Entropy thy name is module 5. My point? Being able to use 3 "old" artifacts provided the person investing in them some insulation. There are very few people that have 3 arts to orange, thus when a new cool art came out most people don't cry that much.

So out of curiosity what is the road make for weapon/belt artifacts. It seems like you have two paths of design:

1) Module 5 has no improvements or side grades to artifact weapons, and your player base that dumped RP into weapons has the satisfaction of knowing they did not waste their time. The con of this route? I have seen this "epicness" before. It slowly degrades the game because the item treadmill for slots becomes increasingly less relevant. Devs end up so scared to design a new item for the slot that they forget what drove the game in the first place. Hence, "entropy".

2) Module 5 has even more artifact weapons. Side grades for sure, but if it is a side grade someone is interested in they get the wonder of new awesomeness! The con of this route? People that dumped the RP for legendary status suddenly realize they only have one weapon slot, and the cost was never quite tuned for such a early obsolescence.

So anyway, I am curious what the road map is because there are design issues of previous uses of RP that are not the same here.

For example, weapon enchants still let you design new weapons. 3 artifact slots still let you mix and match. Tons of enchantment slots means if someone gets a level 10 enchant it will likely always have a home even as new ones come out.

But you only got one belt and one weapon, so what happens in module 5 and module 6? No new upgrades or now obsolete super grinds? Pick your poison.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Trickster rogues get more of a damage increase when their artifact weapon increases quality than they would normally to offset their off-hand dagger not being an artifact.

So the artifact weapon, what happens to the offhand slot? Will be able to use a random offhand and the artifact weapon?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken