What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

12345679»

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    I think its pretty clear they want us to pay for it throught the new refining stones that i k betting here they will sell in the zen store.

Ya and how did that work for them with artifacts? People just bot the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of rank 4s with those stupid fey enchants.....

Wake up guys!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Ya and how did that work for them with artifacts? People just bot the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of rank 4s with those stupid fey enchants.....

Wake up guys!
    I m not sure they will drop elsewhere
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so random weapon from boxes stays ? :( since nothing about it in todays patch notes

epic gear should give a lot more rp and total amount of rp should be higher on belts then weapon since we need to grind weapons for long time before we can get them from campagin while belts we get instant from lockbox
  • madaragataosenaimadaragataosenai Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does uncommon arti belts still drop in whispering caverns and rothe valey?Looks like no,coz i see tons of people farming it 3 days and nothing on AH,only rare from payboxes.Tune the drop or remove info about encounter drops from zone rewards page!
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    the upgrading system for artifact belts is horrible took me 4 hours and 30 min of constantly buying rare/epic gear of AH to upgrade belt from green to epic :mad:
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    where did you get the green belt?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited August 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    where did you get the green belt?

from Vilitharx dragon
    edited August 2014
    the upgrading system for artifact belts is horrible took me 4 hours and 30 min of constantly buying rare/epic gear of AH to upgrade belt from green to epic :mad:

made it to legendary by using rare gears took me only 10 hours and 40 minutes of buying stuff of AH and puting it into belt.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    made it to legendary by using rare gears took me only 10 hours and 40 minutes of buying stuff of AH and puting it into belt.

LOL!!! I took mine from Green to Blue with green gears, only took me about an hour of spam clicking.... Glad to know its 10 hours for the full gambit.

Nice moves Devs.... Made yet another MINDnumbingly STUPID "grind" when you could have just implemented an awesome "farm epics" system...
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug:

Refining artifact belt makes the game very slow. If you continue refining the game crashes and restarts. When restart is checked all the installation files.

I realized that the game starts using on average 1.5 GBs and crashes with 2.5 GBs.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug:

Refining artifact belt makes the game very slow. If you continue refining the game crashes and restarts. When restart is checked all the installation files.

I realized that the game starts using on average 1.5 GBs and crashes with 2.5 GBs.

I can also testify to having experienced this. All in all, refining belts (and presumably weapons) is just ATTROCIOUSLY slow. I guess the intention is that you're only supposed to refine with what trash drops you pick up in the course of epic play, since you have to slot one item at a time, but it'd be nice if there was some way to create a sort of "pool" of items you can refine all at once, instead of being limited to 5 at a time.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug:

Something like that happend to me when I see PvP Goals, I think there are some memory leaks.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    LOL!!! I took mine from Green to Blue with green gears, only took me about an hour of spam clicking.... Glad to know its 10 hours for the full gambit.

Nice moves Devs.... Made yet another MINDnumbingly STUPID "grind" when you could have just implemented an awesome "farm epics" system...

Agree to this.

Can you just sell us legendary artifacts if you must be stubborn with the design you guys are taking?
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @graalx3

Finally I managed to make my artifact belt to legendary, it was a pain... like 10 hours or even a bit more.

However, a very simple solution would be if we were able to be in the Salvage Trader where we could transform every piece of equipment green, blue, epic, into Resonance Stones, so instead of moving the equipment, we would move the stones which is a lot easier and it's the same in the end, players won't need to save tons of blue in their mail or banks, we can just transform these items so we can use them later for another new artifact or sell them in the AH. Please, consider that we are unable to stack gear but we would be able to stack these resonance stones.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I don't know how you people are getting to legendary in 10 hours.... I've been pouring hours everyday buying almost every blue non-stop on the AH (which is really annoying even without all the bugged listings and the other players that beat me to it). I'm not even halfway from purple to orange....

Artifacts with stacks of rank 5's were bad enough... this is the dumbest system for leveling an item of all time... I think I would rather quit this game than try to level another item like this again... its horrible. Absolutely horrible. I would rather fill a bucket by dipping my hand in a toilet, walking across the room and letting it drip from my hand one drop at a time.

I'd love to see a dev sit down and do this and claim that this is how it should be...

I can't even image this nightmare when more than 1% of the player base get their greasy hands on their very own artifact item. Greens at 100k, blues at 500k, and purps at 1M? Hundred of peeps scrambling to be the first to buy that low AD item... and screaming at their screen as the "UNABLE TO MAKE THIS PURCHASE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" pops up again and again....

I crash every 15 min. I spent $200 on zen to get this stupid belt, now I have to spend another 5million AD and a week of my life, mindnumbingly buying out auctions, collecting from mailbox, then moving 1 item at a time into that refining screen, all just to get it orange? What am I going to do when i get that weapon artifact in two weeks? Screw that. Fix it or I'm done with this game if this is what it takes to be BiS from here on out.

/rant off
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, it won't take 10 hours if you only use blue items, it will take you a whole year! I had to use tons of peridots, specially in the last levels, from lv 55 to lv 59 is like if you were upgrading a greater enchant each lvl according to the RP needed and from lv 59 to lv 60 requires more than a perfect enchantment, that's why I think that my idea would be useful, less clicks, less time working on it.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited August 2014
    What is the point of all these meaningless clicking?

Why can't we have a streamlined process of refining items? Why did you guys not let people put stacks of 99x refining stones instead of being able to just refine 5 at a time?
  • atomicbastardatomicbastard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hi,
    i would know if the drop of weapon-artifact is random or if we can choose between 3 weapon-artifact when chest is opened?
    i hope we can choose
    FaмФus Atoмic Munvar - PVP CW - " Légende Obscure " rank 7
    499007bannirelo.jpg
  • atomicbastardatomicbastard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hi,
    i would know if the drop of weapon-artifact is random or if we can choose between 3 weapon-artifact when chest is opened?
    i hope we can choose
    FaмФus Atoмic Munvar - PVP CW - " Légende Obscure " rank 7
    499007bannirelo.jpg
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We cant chose. Got mine today. There are 2 useful for CW, one for PvE, one for PvP. One is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, guess witch one I got.^^

It would be interesting, if you can use them to refine other weapon or belt. Any expirience?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    We cant chose. Got mine today. There are 2 useful for CW, one for PvE, one for PvP. One is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, guess witch one I got.^^

It would be interesting, if you can use them to refine other weapon or belt. Any expirience?

Ugh so despite all the pleas to make us able to choose Graaxl3 didn't listen -.-
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have a different complaint about Artifact Equipment, aside from ongoing annoyance at randomness in the weapons.

I bought my DC a wisdom belt. I'm not in a huge hurry to get it to legendary status, but I wanted a refinement bucket to dump consolidated gear drops into and this was the best cheap option. So what I've noticed is that "discard" is in the item interaction menu several spaces above "refine", and this is imo rather scary. I took a look at the menus for other items, and it's because the menu structure is really simple. Some items all you can do is identify, sell, or discard. When options for different ways of interacting with an item are added, they get tacked on to the bottom, so "discard" hovers ominously in the middle just waiting for your hand to shake. I know it brings up a confirmation dialogue, but those have been bugged in the past causing all kinds of unintended actions to be taken, and it's really unnerving.

I have two suggestions to address this matter. One is to make artifact gear undiscardable, though there are problems in the rare case that someone might actually want to. The other is to make "discard" the bottom option in *all* item interaction menus so that selecting it becomes more difficult to do without it being a very deliberate action. I know this comes up with refining actual artifacts as well, that "discard" is above "refine". That's scary. It shouldn't be like that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2014
    Can you at least make them bind on account?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    asterotg wrote: »

You can, but it is not worth it to put RPs into them first, as you actually lose RPs that way (instead of getting an increase as in the case of regular artifacts). Just use them as fodder as you get them (green, level 1)...pathetic, but better than nothing.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ugh. Much as getting the right weapon would be awesome, getting the wrong one would suck so much that I am reluctant to even try. I'm not rich enough to do this task over and over and over again.

And as much as I wish they'd change it to a choice, what a slap in the face that would be to the players making them repeatedly now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ugh. Much as getting the right weapon would be awesome, getting the wrong one would suck so much that I am reluctant to even try. I'm not rich enough to do this task over and over and over again.

I didn't open my artifact weapon cache for about 4 hours out of the risk of disappointment. I might had tried a second time had I not got the one I was wanting most, equally I may have just written it off as too much frustration.

Of course, now that I have an artifact weapon it turns out it's going to take a while to get it to the point where I see it as an upgrade over what I currently have. I'm wondering if I should have bothered.
  • evildruevildru Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol dc have lifesteal