test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Trickster rogues get more of a damage increase when their artifact weapon increases quality than they would normally to offset their off-hand dagger not being an artifact.

It will take somewhat more total RP to reach legendary quality with artifact gear than it does for artifacts. This is offset by the fact that more equipment drops than enchantments. This will be even more true when Tyranny goes live as level 60 areas will no longer drop less than level 60 gear.

Totally personal preference, but I'd rather have an artifact offhand than exceptions. I guess we'll eventually end up getting Artifact gear for each slot anyway.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    But you only got one belt and one weapon, so what happens in module 5 and module 6? No new upgrades or now obsolete super grinds? Pick your poison.

Artifact helms, chest pieces, gloves, neck items, rings, off-hands, shirts and pants. And since you have to basically finish the campaign to get your artifact weapon, the assumption is probably that even into Module 5, people will still be working to upgrade their artifact to legendary status.

It's a little premature to go "chicken little" here.

As an added bonus...4E D&D goes up to Epic tier. Right now, our characters end at Paragon tier. There's another 30 levels yet to be added to characters. So years down the road, you'll be looking at level 90 Artifact weapons ;)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • marcoavaraujomarcoavaraujo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    These items are completely unnecessary, since the pve content is pretty poor. We already have 15 Boons and 5 more will come in M4, we are getting stronger and the pve content not evolved to provide fun for players of high gear. It would be better if we had more Dungeons, with level 70 enemies.
    Instead of weapons belts artifact or artifacts you could create a way to refine existing sets so that we could improve them from T1 to T2 and T3. I believe that every good DC PVE would be able to improve your high prophet to T3 as well as all PVE GWF appreciate having Improving Your Avatar of War For comparison the set T1 Berserker has 4,414 total attribute points distributed between power , recovery, defense, deflect, and critical and the Avatar of War has 4,878 points distributed on the same attributes making them similar is the Avatar of War has ~ 10% more attribute points. So if it were possible to make the Avatar of War giving you quality T3 and 15% more attribute points then we would have 5,610 points for the set T3, 2-Piece Bonus 500 + 1,500 in power and recovery of the complete set bonus. Likewise, the prophet has 4228 set high and the miracle healer is 4.681, and the like and having the same difference of ~ 10% attribute points.
    The same criterion could be used for weapons.
    I believe this would be a more acceptable solution since the bonus of the new sets are totally useless
    Heavyduty - GWF Destroyer PvP
    Fanatico - CW Renegade PvP(Learning to play)
    Black Death - GWF Destroyer PvE(Retired for now)
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    Actually, I think the current Sets need to be revised before ANYTHING is done to upgrade them.
    In fact, the ease of aquiring and maintaining of some PvE Sets' 4/4 Bonuses is WAY overperforming, while the rest of the Sets on those classes aren't even considered.
    And I am NOT in favour of 'Buff everything that underperforms'. Because the currently overperforming Sets are one of the contributors to the current issue.
    As the previous stated the AoW Setbonus - it basically contributes to maintaining itself by letting one cycle the Encounters more often. So it is less a case of new Sets being useless, but established Sets being, in some cases, WAY too strong.

Another Example is the, used by myself, Royal Guard Set, for the Hunter Ranger. It is, even on ARCHERS, basically 'Best in Slot' (of the PvE T2 Armors) and giving more resulting Damage than the 'Grand Warden' Set. This is due to the 4/4 Bonus, which, in a weaker version, is also present on the T1 Glade Stalker Set.
    Royal Guard has a not disclosed chance to proc a chance whenever a HR deals Damage, by a (seemingly multiplicative) 30%. I fire Rain of Arrows into a group of Mobs, even as Combat Ranger, and I can see the cooldown timers on my Encounters shrink FAST.
    It is even worse with Set Bonuses that 'drain' values that are, technically, not even found on enemies, because NPC Enemies have a simplified 'Stat Sheet' of HP, DR, Token Crit Chance of 5%, and a set damage range on their attacks, which all have a set cast time and set recharge time.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    feedback recap:
    1) TR weapon bonus is a bit underwhelming
    2) HR combat specced takes no advandages from the new big base damage. Unfair.
    3) GWF weapon bonus seems to be way stronger than others. 9 per cent damage boost even on encounters use? All the other classes have an increase on at will usage. Example: my tr weapon has a 10 per cent increase on duelist flurry...and stop. It should work like this for all.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    feedback recap:
    1) TR weapon bonus is a bit underwhelming
    2) HR combat specced takes no advandages from the new big base damage. Unfair.
    3) GWF weapon bonus seems to be way stronger than others

4) CW gets a chill stack after 4 seconds of ray of frost and by that time the target is already frozen so that stack of chill is useless. Even as a thaum CW.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited July 2014
    What is the Blue Equipments RP Value ?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    What is the Blue Equipments RP Value ?

300 or 600 if it is a matching piece. All RP values are on the first post.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    300 or 600 if it is a matching piece. All RP values are on the first post.

Oh right I didn't understand. Actually all uncommon are 5-6 AD ! Devs will change this ? Becuase it's just instant buy then !
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you would like to buy multiple thousands of green items right now and keep them until you have an item you can use them to refine, go right ahead.

The depressed prices of level 60 green and blue gear will not stay that way once this goes live. The disadvantage is that gear for new 60s and companions won't be dirt-cheap anymore. But if people are willing to pay AD for these items for refinement, people selling them won't be so disadvantaged.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2014
    If you would like to buy multiple thousands of green items right now and keep them until you have an item you can use them to refine, go right ahead.

The depressed prices of level 60 green and blue gear will not stay that way once this goes live. The disadvantage is that gear for new 60s and companions won't be dirt-cheap anymore. But if people are willing to pay AD for these items for refinement, people selling them won't be so disadvantaged.

True. And if you level up to lgendary and buy more and more items, people who will need these items after understanding that they need green/blue items, the prices will be so higher that you'll be rich to sell them.
    edited July 2014
    With an additional debuff from WS, we might see more combos between WS and WMS. I'm not sure how good the practical synergy will be though, maybe this will turn out to be a straight buff to IVs.
    edited July 2014

Blue belts and main hands already skyrocked from 80-90 AD to 1.7k+. At least that was the case yesterday, can't login currently.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    i hope they ill reduce amount of RP needed to make the weps/belts legendary in current state its crazy that u need 6-7k blue items to make 1 of them legendary.
    edited July 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Blue belts and main hands already skyrocked from 80-90 AD to 1.7k+. At least that was the case yesterday, can't login currently.

I've calculated for artifacts, if they are 56k RP cost from lvl 35 to 60 at each level, so from the lvl 1 to 60 it will cost approximately 1.8kk RP. So that cost a lot, and I guess each level will grant more and more the cost (56k RP lvl 35 to 36, 60k RP lvl 36 to 37 I guess). Too high.
    i hope they ill reduce amount of RP needed to make the weps/belts legendary in current state its crazy that u need 6-7k blue items to make 1 of them legendary.

You mean, increase ? If the artifact costs like others (4kk RP), so 8kk RP. Then you'll need 80k green lulz.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

Yeah, I checked the AH via Gateway and pretty much all the green belts and MH items are gone. Other items are creeping up but not in the same state of madness at this time.

It's pretty ridiculous.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    well finally something to use all that excess glory on

considering the trade of blades sells belts for what 4k glory and they are epic

sure why not
    edited July 2014
    Easy way to get a decent number of blue belts is to trade in the IWD bounty items for the IWD Treasure Cache or whatever it's called , lots of blue belts and rings for RP and basic epic black ice ring , belt and cloak for either RP or gold if you cannot use Black ice gear for RP xD
    edited July 2014
    Easy way to get a decent number of blue belts is to trade in the IWD bounty items , lots of blue belts and rings for RP and basic epic black ice ring , belt and cloak for easy gold xD

You mean Kessel's Marks ?
    edited July 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    You mean Kessel's Marks ?

Yes I forgot their names , them Treasure cache's drop lots of blues and even the totally basic epic black ice accessories ( the ones with a bunch of +75 to several stats but zero BI resistance)
    edited July 2014
    Yes I forgot their names , them Treasure cache's drop lots of blues and even the totally basic epic black ice accessories ( the ones with a bunch of +75 to several stats but zero BI resistance)

Epics ? Didn't know about epic. But it cost 5 Kessel Marks. Atm it's much better to buy the green/blue. Like a lot have done with rank 4/5 stacks in Mod 2 before Artifacts :/
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I have the question: What is needed to upgrade the quaility(I don't mean the RP! For enchantment you need marks - for artifact belt/weapon - ?)???
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    I have the question: What is needed to upgrade the quaility(I don't mean the RP! For enchantment you need marks - for artifact belt/weapon - ?)???

other pieces of gear from greens to t2
    in other words 7k~blue items to make legendary artifact so gl with that.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    other pieces of gear from greens to t2
    in other words 7k~blue items to make legendary artifact so gl with that.

That's exactly, what I NOT ASK.
    edited July 2014
    That's exactly, what I NOT ASK.

That's a good thing to reffine green/blue equipments, but it should be a bit increased (like 3* for greens/blue)
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014

It takes 1 of each Power, Union, and Stability Marks to upgrade the quality of artifact equipment. Lesser marks for upgrade of Uncommon to Rare, Marks for the upgrade from Rare to Epic and Greater Marks of the upgrade from Epic to Legendary.
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So these belts and weapons are going to take more total RP to get to legendary than regular artifacts? So 4 million +?

That's 6667+ blue belts, that don't stack in inventories...

Honestly sounds like a nightmare
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

edited July 2014
    It takes 1 of each Power, Union, and Stability Marks to upgrade the quality of artifact equipment. Lesser marks for upgrade of Uncommon to Rare, Marks for the upgrade from Rare to Epic and Greater Marks of the upgrade from Epic to Legendary.

What are these for if they aren't for upgrading artifact weapons? does this mean we will be able to craft our own artifact weapons so we can have all three on one character if we want ?

Uo5Ypp8.jpg
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Can you please say something about the need of 7000 blue belts and 7000 blue weapons to upgrade the artifact gears?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jayrad8 wrote: »
    So these belts and weapons are going to take more total RP to get to legendary than regular artifacts? So 4 million +?

That's 6667+ blue belts, that don't stack in inventories...

Honestly sounds like a nightmare

I don´t see your problem... everyday I drop tons of green and blue items doing daily quests and dungeons. Now at least I have some use for them. And buying identification scrolls could be a reasonable AD sink for the game over time. Artifacts should be a long term goal for the game not a shopping-spree buy-them-for-the-dozen auction house thing.

I really like the idea of using other items to refine artifact weapons and belts. Kudos to the devs for that.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80