test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment

graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
Artifact Equipment
As many of you may have read we are going to be putting out a new category of artifacts in the Tyranny of Dragons module. This new equipment will initially include 6 different belts and 21 new weapons, 3 for each class. These new artifacts will start with stats roughly equivalent to Fury of the Feywild top end items and grow in power from there.

Refinement
These artifacts will use the familiar Item Refinement interface. The primary difference being that other equipment is used to refine these artifacts rather than enchantments. Basically anything that can be equipped in the 12 slots on your character sheet can be used to empower these artifact. There are a few important restrictions. The item must have a minimum required level of 60 and also it must be identified. Items equippable in the main hand slot will give double RP for artifact weapons. Items equippable in the waist slot will give double RP for artifact belts.

These artifacts will accept the various refining stones that are used for enchantments and artifacts, but they won't accept original artifacts. Artifact equipment is its own category for purposes of bonuses. There will be a new type of refining stone that will give x5 RP for artifact equipment.

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100

Rare300

Epic 450

Epic Tier 1 575

Epic Tier 2 650

Artifact Belts
Each artifact belt will give a bonus to a base attribute, Strength, Wisdom, Dexterity etc. There is an artifact belt for each of the base attributes. The bonus given starts at +1 and will go up +1 for every quality level, maxing out at +4 at Legendary quality. Artifact belts will not be able to be equipped on companions.

Artifact Weapons
In addition to its damage rating and stats that they give each of the artifact weapons will give a minor increase of some kind to one of the at-wills of that class. The three weapons for each class will correspond to the three at-will powers that are not part of a paragon path.
Post edited by graalx3 on

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    HR need A artifact pair of blades atm its kinda not fair but melee rangers are gimped out of a artifact weapon for blades. We need dat weapon dmg from blade we dont get it from the bow and i am aware that the bow weapons do effect some melee powers.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Interesting idea to use gear for refining because useless blues/greens always pile up in the inventory. Even if you factor in a Greater Scroll of Identification for 125 AD, you are getting better AD:RP value as with the current Enchantment / Refinement stuff.

The RPs for Purples seems a bit low though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    graalx3 wrote: »

QualityBase RP

Uncommon100

Rare300

Epic 450

Epic Tier 1 575

Epic Tier 2 650

Is there a multiplier for refining belts into the Artifact Belts and weapons into the Artifact Weapons?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wondered if they'd be refinable with equipment. This is a brilliant way to address the flood of devalued items.

Any chance of sharing just how many RPs we're looking at to raise these things up?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    HR need A artifact pair of blades atm its kinda not fair but melee rangers are gimped out of a artifact weapon for blades. We need dat weapon dmg from blade we dont get it from the bow and i am aware that the bow weapons do effect some melee powers.

^

In melee stance, our offhand IS our mainhand. Damage calculations are based off the offhand weapon dps stat. Not to mention there are now combat spec feats that are based directly on offhand weapon damage.

Are we going to be missing out on a boost to half of our encounters?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Is there a multiplier for refining belts into the Artifact Belts and weapons into the Artifact Weapons?

Already answered in the first paragraph on refinement. Yes.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So what does this mean for crafted/drop weapons? Will new crafted/drop weapons supplant artifact weapons in future campaigns? Is it just going to be new artifact replacement?

Just making artifact weapons refinement seems like a wasted opportunity to differentiate them from artifacts and normal weapons.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is the gear obtainable on the preview right now? Love to try out a few of them
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Already answered in the first paragraph on refinement. Yes.

Yes, I'm blind. Thx :)
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So we need like 4000 belts etc?... Good thinking.
    Make them stack, I don't have enough bagspace for 4000 belts.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please consider having Artifact Weapons that improve Paragon At-Will powers as well rather than only common At-Will Powers.

I also agree with the sentiment, that the Epic items grant too few RP for the artifact to really be worthwhile considering they are worth more in salvage.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CAN YOU OR CAN YOU NOT USE ENCHANTS FOR RP?

And how much RP would they give?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    CAN YOU OR CAN YOU NOT USE ENCHANTS FOR RP?

And how much RP would they give?

No, but you can use refinement stones like Peridot etc.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    I must ask to NOT increase the Damage on the Artifact Weapons.
    If the 'Artifact' Bows get Damage increases, this means Hunter Rangers and Trickster Rogues will be at a severe disadvantage.
    While I am not fully sure how the 'effective' Weapon damage on the Rogue is calculated, the Mainhand (Bow) and Offhand (Blades/Hatchets) on the Hunter Ranger are, concerning their Weapon Damage ('Damage Rating') standalone.
    During Melee Stance, the only things that the HR's Main Hand gives them are the Stats, Weapon Enchant ('Pink Slot'), normal Enchant, and in case of the At-Will Bonus on Legendary Weapons, this Bonus. Technically, while in 'Melee Stance', the 'Offhand' Hatchets/Blades ARE the Mainhand, with 1 Difference - the Weapon Enchant is limited to being tacked onto the Bow, but it still applies properly.
    This means that the Melee Weapon, classified as 'Offhand' for Hunter Rangers, is no longer in Line with the delicate balance between Attack Speed and Attack Damage.
    The same applies to Archery or Ranged Stance on Trappers. THEY benefit from the Enchant Slot and the Stats on the Offhand, the Normal Enchant on the Offhand, the Weapon Enchant, Normal Enchant and Stats on the Mainhand/Bow, and the At-Will Boost - PLUS the added Benefit of the Damage Increases from the, as the Weapon grows, 'Damage Rating' Increase.

Base Concept for it is all fine and dandy, execution of it is, in my opinion, abysmal and a complete oversight. I wonder if the Mechanic was design by anyone who actually knows how Classes work, with their Weapons.
    Rogues and Rangers both have actual 'Weapon Damage' on their Offhands, which is no longer, as before Module 3, Additive with Power.
    In the old system, an increase of what I got told of 38 Damage would not have been significant, as long as 20 Power = 1 Weapon Min and Max Damage. However, now that Power is Multiplicative, it is more significant.
    As an example, my HR, right now, on Preview, with her Power Stat, would gain a flat on 297 Damage to Minimum and Maximum Damage on both Blades and Bow. Using the Module3 Formula of roughly 166 Power = 1% Multiplicative Damage, she would gain 35.8% Damage, rounded.
    This means, for the old system:
    716 - 876 Damage from the Artifact Bow, 1013 - 1173
    686 - 838 Damage from the currently, outside of Artifact Weapons 'Best' Bow: 983 - 1135 Damage.

411 - 503 Damage for the 'Best Blade': 708 - 800 No Artifact Damage Rating applied.

New System:
    716 - 878 Artifact Bow -> 972.3 - 1192 -> Increase of 40.7 - 54 Damage over the current 'Best in Slot' Weapons
    686 - 838 Tier 2.5 Bow -> 931.6 - 1138

411 - 503 TIer 2.5 Blade -> 558.1 - 683
    Not only did the HR Offhand lose 149.9 - 117 Damage, while Ranged only lost 51.4 Damage on the low End, but Ranged actually GAINED 3 Points more Maximum Damage, but with the 'Artifact' Bows now, the Melee Stance on Combat, which is currently very controversial anyway, is denied its proportional benefits from upgrading the Artifact Weapon.

Based on the values displayed, even the Bonus to the Melee Component of an At-Will cannot compensate here.
    I can only repeat it over and over, the seemingly LOW and neglectable 'Bonus' of 38 Minimum and Maximum Damage actually ends up bigger after the multiplicative Bonuses from basically every Feat and especially from Power is applied.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If going by the rate of ad to rp via the wb we should be getting 1667 rp for a t2 weapon when refining. This is going by the sapphire stone that is on the wonderous bazzar otherwise it is better to just salvage t2 weapons instead.

Please otherwise this new system defeats its own purpose for the epic weapons being used as rp.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How much refiment points do we need for the ranks of the artifact weapons and belts? Anyone knows this?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How much refiment points do we need for the ranks of the artifact weapons and belts? Anyone knows this?
    My question exactly.

Either way, still a solid use for old weapons/armor/items! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Rank 2 needs 560 or one rare weapon
    Rank 16 needs 8400 or 14 rare weapons
    Rank 36 needs 56000 or 94 rare weapons
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And they cap at rank 60? I wonder if it's safe to assume x10 for the RP to max out.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited July 2014
    1. What happens with the offhand? We can use anything?
    2. How does the weapon artifact work for TR? They lose half the damage? Or do they gain extra damage?
    3. How much RP does Legendary need?
    4. Can you use normal enchantments?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    kempo23kempo23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Will a gwf mainhand give double RP in a control wizard weapon artifact, or does it have to be an a control wizard main hand?
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For this, you may want to reconsider the RP T2 gives. Right now it is barely over twice a blue. And blue's drop everywhere. No one is going to refine a purple for 650 RP when they can just use 2 blues. Assuming this is to help be a AD sink, I would make T2 belt/Main hand give at least 1000 RP
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How will one go about acquiring these, and will they be BoP, BtA, or BoE?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think we need either a youtube video or a a better explaination on exactly how to refine the artifact belts/weapons
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    How will one go about acquiring these, and will they be BoP, BtA, or BoE?

On the preview server they are acquired through the Cult of the Dragon Campaign. One of the final tasks you unlock is that you can trade in a bunch of materials you've collected over the course of the campaign (Dragon Hoard Coins, Bones, etc.) for a chest. The chest contains the weapon artifact. I haven't gotten it, but I assume that at that time you can pick which of the three you want. Unless they radically depart from precedent they'll be bind on pickup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    I think we need either a youtube video or a a better explaination on exactly how to refine the artifact belts/weapons

You use armor/weapons instead of enchants. The only question that really needs to be answered is if the 2x bonus counts for any weapon -> any weapon or if its GWF weapon -> GWF weapon (if its class locked on the weapons for the bonus).
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a few thoughts on this:

The refining points for epic items seems too low compared to the rare and uncommon items. A player can wander around Sharandar, the Dread Ring, or Icewind Dale for 20 minutes and acquire 5-10 rare weapons/armor. That's 1500-3000 refining points in 20 minutes. Epic equipment can't be farmed at that rate. I think most people will end up salvaging or selling their epic items on the Auction house then buying peridots or other refining items. Either the RP you get from epics should be raised or the RP from Rare's and Uncommon's should be lowered, depending on how long you want it to take for a player to upgrade these.

It's a clever way to tie the prices of equipment and enchantments together, though. This will also help people who are trying to make AD as they'll be able to sell rare equipment on the Auction House for better prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2014
    Any main hand weapon will count for double RP in an artifact weapon. It does not have to match class.

We have added a power to all Hunter Ranger artifact bows that will increase melee damage.

Artifact weapons will be bind on pickup. Artifact Belts are bind on equip.

Enchantments can not be used to refine Artifact equipment.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Enchantments can not be used to refine Artifact equipment.

Does this include Peridots and anything similar to it?
  • Options
    shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2014
    @graalx3 could you tell us the RP cost for all ranks?

Rank
    RP to next Rank

We have added a power to all Hunter Ranger artifact bows that will increase melee damage.
    does the TR get the same?