test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why CWs care so much about renegade not being that great. No class has ever had all 3 trees viable at the same time IMO. Most classes are lucky to have 2.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The problem to be constructive With CW For PVP part is it not one point to change but practicaly all the system.
    In onlive server CW is probably the second worst class FOR PVP but at least we had some things to give in team play.
    CW is the only class that have cast time so long that every other class can dogde or even launch there own control on the CW.
    With the change every aspect of CW became worst than onlive server.

The actual statment of CW in test server for pvp part is even under what GWF was in beta server.
    And every constructive post from real CW player as long as it not bug return is purely ignored.

Yes those who want to play pvp are crying because in actual situation the question is not what should i change in my stat to be playable in pvp But which other class should i take or should i leave the game.

For those like me who even put money and pass lot of time to build it it even worst.

In actual situation we CW player we are like cornered rats. we have no more option (constructive post ignored, question for dev moved ).

ANd yes i think feeling part about the actual CW in the previous server is also a return since it suppose to be a game and since we player are suppose to have fun first, and i can say that i have no fun for new CW and i m sure it practicaly the case for at least all CW player that do some PVP content
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    Yes those who want to play pvp are crying because in actual situation the question is not what should i change in my stat to be playable in pvp But which other class should i take or should i leave the game.

This! And do you know why there are way more non-CWs posting in this thread, thinking they know anything about CW? Because there are no PvP CWs left! And Devs, you may have noticed that it's almost only PvPers posting here forcing nerfs. You know why? Neverwinter is a griefing community! Even though our class is already dead in PvP, there are a bunch of GWFs, HRs, TRs posting in this thread, asking for further nerfs, even though they have never played a CW. Leavers in PvP, people being votekicked in PvE, so they don't get the loot, ... not on occasion, but all the time!

Just look at the numbers! You don't need our feedback for that.

I'm a very big DnD fan, but I'm also a "Mage" fan. I don't want to play another class! You are literally forcing me out of this game. I like the new content in M4, I like the NW community in my guild, but you're literally saying, "You are already weak as hell, and we've been nerfing you for a year now! Don't you see that we don't want CWs to PvP in this game? Should we just globally deactivate the PvP Queue for CWs, so that it finally reaches your brain? We don't want you in Neverwinter!"
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After the continuous and depressing nerfs, I'm really starting to think that cryptic wants all cw's to move on to warlock.

I hate how they give us a glimmer of hope and then crush our broken bodies under their boots.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    After the continuous and depressing nerfs, I'm really starting to think that cryptic wants all cw's to move on to warlock.
    I highly doubt it. Warlocks will be the CWs natural prey in PvP.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ICWW all your setup are based on the previous shield and based on the fact that those player never think and are also for not high geared player. actually with shield slotted on tab you don<t do enough damage in thauma way without the daily to surpass a high regen stats (even with the fact that it cut by two in pvp)

You also consider that player will remain in icy terrain. But once player will understand that is your config it s the only spell that can do some damage and also with spell plague, that the only spell that can proc assaillant with a reasonnable timing. entangling force work as always: 0 damage on control immun target.

for GWF he just need with the new time of is control spell to be able to close the gap once and your are done for and since is inflexible also break the ice he have on him, he jsut have to run at full speed and have one control that success + same as above high regen HP will still surpass your damage capacity.

And TR greatly depend of the lvl of the TR and his own feat but is actually the only class you have a chance to kill since they have lower HP and assaillant pass over there reflexion.

For the rest it only work at low GS player and you only can do it with an enchant like spellplague to hope proc assaillant with enough regularity.

for entrangling force it a no use spell for pvp because one he don t do a single damage on immun cc player, 2 he have a too long time to be launch and 3 on test i made even if you try to use it for multiple attack to have chance to proc assaillant, he is not proc many attack, more than half less than any over time spell i tryed. i was doing test on way to have a build relying on assaillant damage just before they decide to cut shield by half. only icy terrain was giving a real amount of damage (with spellplague enchant and creeping frost), follow by ice conduct, then the fire encounter spell (sometime he is procing warped magic or creeping frost ) then burning flam and finally you get entrangling force
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Yes, CW is now the welfare class that DEPENDS on everyone for survivability
    edited July 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    @meldan3n

What you are aiming is magic missile. Lets look at the larger margin.
    At will : ray of frost
    encounter single : entangling, ray of enfee, icy ray, chill strike & repel

by the feat alone, all the damage nerf done to them would be revert back same as live, and some even better. Then whats the point of designer nerfing all these skill?

Look at the bright side, we have thaum assailing. which do 4-5k dmg every 5sec unmigratable. And yes this means everyone would be going for thaum cw pvp. This is why i said your other suggestion is fine/good to bring viable for renegade.

On last test i made assailing force is not 5 second proc, his cooldown is around 10 second so to speak on how it seems to works, you receive the stat assaillant for 10 second. during that time even if you discharge your damage (what ever the moment) you still remain with the assaillant statut until end of the cooldown, so you canno t have it proc again
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On last test i made assailing force is not 5 second proc, his cooldown is around 10 second so to speak on how it seems to works, you receive the stat assaillant for 10 second. during that time even if you discharge your damage (what ever the moment) you still remain with the assaillant statut until end of the cooldown, so you canno t have it proc again
    Thats interesting,

Anyone have more information on that? Last I tested this against me I was seeing procs every roughly 5 seconds... Did they up the CD?
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    @meldan3n

What you are aiming is magic missile. Lets look at the larger margin.
    At will : ray of frost
    encounter single : entangling, ray of enfee, icy ray, chill strike & repel

by the feat alone, all the damage nerf done to them would be revert back same as live, and some even better. Then whats the point of designer nerfing all these skill?

Look at the bright side, we have thaum assailing. which do 4-5k dmg every 5sec unmigratable. And yes this means everyone would be going for thaum cw pvp. This is why i said your other suggestion is fine/good to bring viable for renegade.

Ray of Frost, Chilling Cloud, Scorching Burst (I'm not even mentioning Storm Pillar, because... well.. ya..) could use a buff. I don't think that an Oppressor/Thaum will become OP from it. "60%" sounds a lot. Fact is, it won't make a big difference, because the base damage is already extremely low. An At-Will that deals 500 damage would deal 800 damage if you neglect chill and damage bonuses on dailies, etc..

As for encounters, Entangling's damage is very low to begin with. It has been nerfed by 10%. An inscrease by 30% through this feat would mean a 17% increase compared to live. For Chill Strike (only the not-on-TAB version!), it would mean 30% more damage. To equally geared PvPers, it deals around 2k damage. A 30% increase would mean 2600. OP? Ray is a joke, not worth mentioning. Only good for debuff, damage is neglectable. Now, Icy Rays would probably even become viable from it (for Thaumaturges). This is what should've been tested on Preview in the first place! Repel damage? Come on...

If you want to focus on burst and you're a Thaumaturge who willingly decides that he doesn't want Learned Spellcaster and Cold damage bonus (9%!!!!) that stacks with other damage bonuses in % (Chilling Presence, Bitter Cold, etc.), sure, you can take this one. For a Renegade, the additional damage on At-Wills is a must-have though (at least for my playstyle). A Chill Renegade will prefer other feats.

We should move this conversation to pms or another thread. Then we can discuss it, I can show you the ACT logs, etc. Also, feel free to message me in NW anytime. We can go to preview to test things. Always up for that. The more we discuss here, the faster everything we've written will be deleted.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

In my tests it is a 5 second ICD. The only time it is longer between hits is if you're not damaging anything. It procs reliably off all damage as far as I can tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @sygfriend94

Yes this in base on a current shield. By next patch shield drop at 25% unstabilized, it is still viable as gentlemancrush alrdy stated :
    (1-Dres) * (1-Tenacity) * (1-Shield)

And like i mention earlier, u stay in or between ice terrain. GF have no choice to either go to you, which makes them take ice terrain chill, or just stand outside letting u spam skill. As in domination, players have to be inside to cap node. Ice terrain tick time have been change, and chill bypass shield.

Entangling with orb passive is 4-5s depends on player. We dont cast encounter on cc immune, we just dodge & run till its over and repeat. Some of the part i cant reply as i cant understand what u're saying.

Test is not done on low gs player. Its done on range 17-20k GS, in which i stated earlier, HR cannot be killed on 1v1 with us on par with same gs if they are melee build.

*there is also been a change to chill : freeze effect, Its not breakable by encounter gap closer.
  • infiltratorinfiltrator Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I guess , I wont bother with the introductory part.

I have invested 2.5-3 months raising a pvp toon.

I have built my CW with renegade in mind--> (18 12 18) setup , just saying

I (and trust me I am not the only one) WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER ETERNITY GRINDING
    THROUGH THIS GAMES *** CAMPAIGNS to gather all the boons.

Furthermore I WILL NOT SPEND MORE TIME LEVELING UP NEW ARTIFACTS

If you speculate on the fact that most of the pvp oriented CWs will change their class and restart
    S o r r y t o b u r s t u r b u b b l e.
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why CWs care so much about renegade not being that great. No class has ever had all 3 trees viable at the same time IMO. Most classes are lucky to have 2.

- Because we don't want CWs to be like other classes. On the other hand nobody wanted to play oppressor before. So there you go.

- Because if you see 3 options you want all of them to be hard choices (otherwise, what's the point of making these choices anyway ).

- And last but not least: because it just so happens that few renegades enjoyed their choice. Some of us for over one year now! And out of the sudden we are told to play useless buffy.

You can't really hold against us that we oppose such approach.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Thats interesting,

Anyone have more information on that? Last I tested this against me I was seeing procs every roughly 5 seconds... Did they up the CD?

If yo uwant some test here how i came to this last week. enchant: spell plague. take also creeking frost gift and fire way. do not take the feat that give you a percent of chance to put fire in other target. Spell, icy terrain (be sure to have only one target ), ice conduct and the fire encounter spell, you can eventually add entreglement on tab i also shot with at will for a full rol spell. it give around 16 second of continuous damage but it never proc more than twice and i made test for around 10 min without any cooldown it should proc around 4-5 time because it down around 100 dammage during this time. with 5 second cooldown you still should have it proc most of the time 3 time but as i can see, it proc between the first 3 second and then a second one around the moment my encouter a ready to be use again.

Edit

there also one thing i see that may give wrong analyse in the log (i pass by the log damage directly not the stats) when assaillant proc, it appears one time on your character and the na second time on the target but only do damage when it proc on target. maybe the 5 second come from here
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myvain7 wrote: »
    Feedback Assailing force :
    I don't like assailant. It is a big part of the damage that we are no longer able to do otherwise. It works pretty well, outside of pvp considerations. But what bothers me is : this is damage out of nowhere, without skill. It would be nice to have a feat that effectively reward the way we play, with a real boost to damage, rather than damage falling from the sky, there are already storm spell for that.

Not flaming, but I tend to agree here. Seems like CWs HAVE to rely on A.F. to deal any damage at all, and whats worse it doesnt really take skill to use (to build around - sure - but not use). It would be really cool if CWs did have their damage bumped up alot in other areas and this either toned back or swapped to something else? I dunno. But I do agree. Seems like CWs will be pigeon holed into 1 path, since thats how you get most of your damage.

- Do you think some type of stacking/damage buff could work here instead? LIKE GWFs have on their capstone? Or even something more like GFs have on their Conq Capstone now?

myvain7 wrote: »
    Feedback CC immunity :
    We need some sort of CC immunity. Our worst enemies may be others CW because we will be the easiest class to control. There is not a single feat that gives us CC immunity when, in my opinion, we should be able to resist some powers that we are able to launch.

Do you think this could be done through shield, as in "releasing" shield BREAKS CC and also Gives CC immunity for a few seconds? The idea there is when you break shield it deals damage/breaks CC but now you are MUCH more squishy, so it could also have like 1-2 sec CC immunity frames - used for escape?
  • seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not flaming, but I tend to agree here. Seems like CWs HAVE to rely on A.F. to deal any damage at all, and whats worse it doesnt really take skill to use (to build around - sure - but not use). It would be really cool if CWs did have their damage bumped up alot in other areas and this either toned back or swapped to something else? I dunno. But I do agree. Seems like CWs will be pigeon holed into 1 path, since thats how you get most of your damage.

Well what do you know, there WAS a tree for the, it's started with an R.... hmm oh shoeshiner! "I'll buff that out for you!"
    edited July 2014

- Do you think some type of stacking/damage buff could work here instead? LIKE GWFs have on their capstone? Or even something more like GFs have on their Conq Capstone now?

Do you think this could be done through shield, as in "releasing" shield BREAKS CC and also Gives CC immunity for a few seconds? The idea there is when you break shield it deals damage/breaks CC but now you are MUCH more squishy, so it could also have like 1-2 sec CC immunity frames - used for escape?

That would be our low damage Renegade tree.
    Everyone I PvP In those tree I lose.
    Same as Oppressor tree, both SUCK at PvP
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I know Supremacy of Steel is a daily. But every time I fight GF and almost die when launching Oppressive Force (goodness forbid it crits!) which I cannot cancel once it's off, it makes me wonder what am I suppose to do in this situation? Jump around and let GF and his/her mates KILL ME, before I'm free to safely hit him back? This is crazy. What gave Devs the idea that HP beef truck GF is, needs REFLECT once he's hit by squishy CW? And why CW is depraved of such defence? I'm all for GFs having this (only I cannot see logic in why of all classes they should need this the most) , but I'd vote to give something similar to CWs who are lacking defence and now are lacking damage BIG TIME.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    I know Supremacy of Steel is a daily. But every time I fight GF and almost die when launching Oppressive Force (goodness forbid it crits!) which I cannot cancel once it's off, it makes me wonder what am I suppose to do in this situation? Jump around and let GF and his/her mates KILL ME, before I'm free to safely hit him back? This is crazy. What gave Devs the idea that HP beef truck GF is, needs REFLECT once he's hit by squishy CW? And why CW is depraved of such defence? I'm all for GFs having this (only I cannot see logic in why of all classes they should need this the most) , but I'd vote to give something similar to CWs who are lacking defence and now are lacking damage BIG TIME.

Yep, this daily is sick, for CW it is better to dont atack when tank is using it. I saw many times like unexperienced CW using Ray of frost almost kill themselves becouse of this daily :)
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why CWs care so much about renegade not being that great. No class has ever had all 3 trees viable at the same time IMO.

What would you say if you played Archery HR for over a year then from nowhere the paragon path was made completely unviable and you were forced to use a paragon path you didn't like or didn't want to play? You are saying that you would be completely cool with that?.
  • myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited July 2014

I've never played a GWF but i read the official wiki, the capstone looks like the bonus given by the corrupted black ice gear (but less powerfull for the BI Gear)
    I don't know what is the best solution but it will be better than damage that isn't based on anything.
    A stack might be useful, I think we are the only ones not to have something similar. We have arcane mastery but it is too dependent on magic missile and the bonus is negligible at this level. And unfortunately, arcane powers (magic missile...) will not be used a lot after the change to the damage.
    Perhaps a feat that allow for all of our spells to benefit of spell mastery, for a period of time or when the stack is loaded (like the DC). (Just a suggestion, not sure it compensates for the loss of damage).
    With that, in PVP, if you put the shield in the mastery slot, then we could recover a little damage lost at the benefit of the defense.

Sorry for my bad english, I can not explain my ideas in detail. I'm not sure this is understandable.
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What would you say if you played Archery HR for over a year then from nowhere the paragon path was made completely unviable and you were forced to use a paragon path you didn't like or didn't want to play? You are saying that you would be completely cool with that?.
    Dude - that just actually happened. Hamlet is an Archer spec PvPer and that tree will now be useless for PvP.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    GWFs got massive nerfs for module 4 man.. Have you not been reading the thread?

Unstoppable was nerfed 40%

Already reverted to 15-30%.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oppressor and renegade are even worst than thauma actually but thauma way is only putting CW near to be the worst pvp class. that even put the two other to a non even playable PVP class and that coming worst for oppressor since they drop out the new artifact that practicaly immun from all CW control power

Plus CW is rarely rolled for pvp purposes but doing pve.
    Lots of people acting in fear as Oppressors will be swarming after mod4 release. I think first 3 pages of Leaderboard won't be contain suddenly more than 6-8 cws at best.

Its amusing how the topic 70% is about how the changes affects pvp.
    edited July 2014
    Please before you say NO look at the Arcanist power in Icewind Dale.
    Meteor Swarm Damage 4 - 8k
    30 foot range, 10' AoE Prone - Short Duration 2 seconds.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    Please before you say NO look at the Arcanist power in Icewind Dale.
    Meteor Swarm Damage 4 - 8k
    30 foot range, 10' AoE Prone - Short Duration 2 seconds.

No.

Leave shard alone. The way it stands at the moment, it requires the use of skill to land a propper rotation.

All we ask is that they fix the bugs inherent with the ability and buff it's damage back up to acceptable levels.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited July 2014
    bugs? you mean that it disappears? that it gets stuck on terrain? that it goes through objects without damaging?
    How long has that been an issue?
    If they could of fixed it, they would have.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    bugs? you mean that it disappears? that it gets stuck on terrain? that it goes through objects without damaging?
    How long has that been an issue?
    If they could of fixed it, they would have.

The problem with your idea is that it completely changes the mechanic of existing Encounters. That is nearly as bad as wanting to change the Class mechanic.

It is a waste of resources.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Before we make any changes to control potency (which have drastic impacts on other players in both PVE and PVP) we want to see where they fall and how powerful they still are in large AoE settings. We looked at the casting time and damage output of all their powers and tuned back some of the incredibly egregious ones and brought up some of the much weaker ones.

In addition, I want to reinforce that Thaumaturge and Renegade are both DPS trees, and their control being weaker is fine. Oppressor is the premiere control tree and its new ability to spread long duration stuns with shatter across the battlefield have proven to be incredibly potent in our internal testing. Control Wizards now have to make a conscious choice on whether they are playing a magical destroyer who decimates his foes with his spells or whether he wants to freeze all his enemies in their tracks. The feat trees are much more strongly divorced now to allow that dichotomy to exist.

Im glad to see you finally say that oppr was the control cw because if im not mistaken you had previously stated ren was suppose to focused on control. The problem with ren dps is how hard the hit its taking from the EotS nerf. For the love of god nearly all of its path is based on criting....the 5% from Chilling Advantage is not enough to offset it. Not to mention the changing places of Energy Recover with nightmare wiz. To me if thats the route you all are going than a buff to Unrestrained Chaos is in order. To sum it up there has to be some where you give the ren a crit bonus now, and no i dont mean the crit damage... but crit chance. 5% is not enough simple as that. And yes I have tested it. The sad part is I honestly am putting out a hell of a lot more damage with the oppr. cw due to all of the chilling/shatter wash,rinse, repeat....So.. please look at the ren path again please before everything is paved in ice XD Hey a suggestion for the oppr could it get its own theme music something like ice, ice baby for mod 4 would work just fine :-D