What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's my point , there isn't any! at least not after tonight's changes to Takedown and Frontline surge go through (subconscious at work much? )

GWF now have the best of all worlds , excellent tankyness on top of huge dps potential on top of much too much control and instead of having access to one or the other GC has allowed himself to be manipulated into giving the GWF access to most if not all of it at once.

He is saying, if you know a PTR build that can control life a GWF can now, post it. GWF's freaking blow mod 4, well more so they haven't figured out how to play without just mashing their face on three buttons so they'll be better. But that is what he meant.
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

I could be rude but there is no point. In the end. GWFs were nerfed. CWs are in a better spot mod 4 than mod 3, HRs seemed to have been toned down in some areas. Overall, CW wont be worthless, there are alot of synergies with CW and GF.

Domination and PVP are team games, so it takes a team approach. Look at Perma TRs, they dont deal crazy damage, their main job is node holding, in 1v1s in IWD they have a hard time with alot of classes and it doesnt look good. Even DCs - make a HUGE difference.

CWs have been complaining for control, so they gave control, but at the loss of damage because you cant have damage+tons of control. If you think CW is lacking in damage, ask for beefing up dmg encounters!

Wrong again, what CW was providing in domination match in v3 was buff/debuf (both renegade and thauma) we already no match in any single fight. But this debuf is also done since they change most of the feat that were providing it. Only remain single dps and on that from actual thauma lost 25% in single target dps and 50 % in mass target and renegade lost also around 25% single or mass target.
    As i already post it twice stop reply and goes test yourself and show us
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I would encourage you to look at this from a PVP perspective and not a 1v1 scenario. Nobody is going to send a CW to "node hold" 1v1 versus a GWF. A cw is going to ROCK in tandem with 1 more person. I think GF is the same way, they will excel in group pvp.

In a 1v1 a GWF will probably kill a CW, when its domination though there is ALOT you can do. If you won the point you can DPS them while they cannot DPS you.

Like I said, ATM Thaum + Sheild is really the best way to go, some ppl may not even use shield and try for a perma CC build! Maybe the focus needs to be on the other paths and not trying to keep a broken DR encounter....

If I need to help someone against a TR, GWF or DC for example, it's near impossible to make my damage and/or control be more relevant than those of another class, like HR or SW. IMO It's not worth focusing on control right now, because all we have are stuns and dazes, which can be took away easily.

Shatter Strike is worthless against these classes, because when you reach like 5 Chill stacks the guy already dispelled them with Control Immunity or controlled you for a while to make the stacks drop; 1 prone is enough to do that.

They did increase our control to nerf our damage, but in the other side the GWF, GF and SW Shift make you control immune now, there's a whole Artifact that provides immunity to anything but prones (exactly what we don't have), and also Deflection makes some of our control powers be 100% or partially rejected and the ways to get Control Resist were increased.

TL;DR It feels like we lost damage in exchange of nothing.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Devs are going to route CW'S into a single spec like TR BT Perma build and everyone is going to complain. Better to fix these concerns now.
  • Options
    tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2014
    over 1000 pvp as a hr, and "no single die" from shard ball : )) It would be funny if I died because of that big easy to dodge hard to control fancy ball.

besides my main hr, I have a cw too and I absolutely not feel myself op from any angle in pvp. just the opposite I experience too many times how to die easily against to gwf's, hr's and of course tr's.

I don't understand the reason of these nerfs, as a hr, I had no probs with cw's because easy to deal/kill. as a cw I feel my weakness from 500 mile away... hard to deal with hr's and almost impossible to kill gwf's and tr's.

there is one thing Im absolutely sure; these changes will not make people happy, and there is no reason to playing a game for to be unhappy. and not to mention cw's are dramatically under pressure because of that your love of nerf.

please STOP.
  • Options
    flyofavalonflyofavalon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No matter how OP cw is now and how badly it needed buffs, it lost its appeal for me with these changes. Being able to do epic shard combos with perfect CC timing just felt rewarding. Now i place icy terrain and jump around with ray of frost doing tons of damage with no skill or brain involved. woop dee doo.

And we lose an encounter slot because shield is pretty much a must have now. Why not just make shield a class feature instead of an encounter. I dont even care that shard is nerfed so badly, i just would like an active encounter slot back so the class retains at least a shred of the skill needed to master it.
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    tarmelfin wrote: »
    over 1000 pvp as a hr, and "no single die" from shard ball : )) It would be funny if I died because of that big easy to dodge hard to control fancy ball.

besides my main hr, I have a cw too and I absolutely not feel myself op from any angle in pvp. just the opposite I experience too many times how to die easily against to gwf's, hr's and of course tr's.

I don't understand the reason of these nerfs, as a hr, I had no probs with cw's because easy to deal/kill. as a cw I feel my weakness from 500 mile away... hard to deal with hr's and almost impossible to kill gwf's and tr's.

there is one thing Im absolutely sure; these changes will not make people happy, and there is no reason to playing a game for to be unhappy. and not to mention cw's are dramatically under pressure because of that your love of nerf.

please STOP.

the problem is with actual change CW are even worst than in live server. i made every single try doing math for the best possible way, i canno't even do enough damage against high def high regen hability class like TR, HR and even gwf sentinel to surpass there regen hability and that what ever the build i can think. since V1 there is no class that have been so badly unwanted to do pvp than actual CW. 4 class can easely surpass our single dps hability and we have nothing to put on table to even help the team. we now can only kill and control other CW and only if they don't use the new artefact. From every game i played i honestly never see that, a class that dev want to put to garbadge.

The only thing from my view is that they want player to leave this class and delete it. they don't answer question unless is for nerfing, gentleman even post some thread in all 3 other class thread but not even come there this afternoon and that before the f.. ayroult guy come there and bul**** again the whole return.

I don't see any other reason than that. my whole team is dead now due to that and i'm the last one still connecting and i already lost any hope for CW to remain a playable class
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great Weapon Fighter: Takedown: Base stun increased to 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
    Great Weapon Fighter: Frontline Surge: Base stun increased to 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
    Guardian Fighter: Frontline Surge: Base stun increased to 3 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
    Can we please have a dev explain that? How come melee classes have better control than Control Wizard?
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    No matter how OP cw is now and how badly it needed buffs, it lost its appeal for me with these changes. Being able to do epic shard combos with perfect CC timing just felt rewarding. Now i place icy terrain and jump around with ray of frost doing tons of damage with no skill or brain involved. woop dee doo.

And we lose an encounter slot because shield is pretty much a must have now. Why not just make shield a class feature instead of an encounter. I dont even care that shard is nerfed so badly, i just would like an active encounter slot back so the class retains at least a shred of the skill needed to master it.

Playstyle is something that is making me want to reroll for another class too. They completely changed that in a way that I can't have fun playing it.

On Preview I didn't feel like the damage I dealed was something I made, I didn't feel powerful in any way; I felt like I was relying on a perk and not on my skill.

Warlock is the only other magic class; I'm afraid I cannot have fun with it too.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014

• Options
    edited July 2014
    If they gave all other classes only 1 control encounter, wouldn't that almost force others to work as a team in pvp?
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can we please have a dev explain that? How come melee classes have better control than Control Wizard?

Fight a GWF in open world. You'll be fine.

- To the CW's who made comments in regard to the way they are taking the class I couldn't agree more. I used to sit in a awe at CW's do their dance, time their CC, use that shard perfectly in unison with other classes, and make a seemingly squishy class last the length of a large cluster **** at mid. I do not main a CW but as another class (Guardian) and one who LOVED to run with a CW in pvp, I really hope they bring back that "CW Swag" that some of you guys had. I'm sorry if the posts of Aryoux and I have seemed like we want every class to be nerfed to the ground. I just wish they didn't touch your freaking CC, and gave you that umph you used to have. Screw the capstone, a good CW used to be able to shine. So I am all for whatever it takes to bring skill back into the class. I beg you guys to keep posting legitimate buffs and tweaks to bring this class on par. And for heaven's sake, get your shard damage back, the fact that it was nerfed THAT bad, was just insulting.
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wasn't going to post here anymore but seeing that other classes that don't main a CW seems to get more traction than actual CWs is like the thaums advocating for renegade changes. I just love it. Oh the irony of how devs want feedbacks from users yet listen to those who don't mainly use them.

For the love of god, before it's too late, listen to THOSE WHO ACTUALLY USED THEM PRIMARILY and NOT THE SQUEAKY WHEELS.
  • Options
    shogunofthedark1shogunofthedark1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    See... the problems I have with this nerf is
    1. the assumptions people are making that it will fix class balance, it wont rogues will still be the last picked for pve dungeons,
    archers and gfs are just above then clerics, gwfs and cws will still be the ideal party
    2. that cws should have their damage nerfed to be inline with other characters... gwfs are already competitive in pve damage
    archers were before split shot got nerfed and rogues, clerics and gfs will still be out damaged... should clerics have their healing nerfed
    to in line with the other classes?
    3. That the devs are even trying to fix these. The goal of this nerf is, imo, slow the dungeon runs down... this is the only reason
    to nerf Singularity..

I ran karrundux on the test server with a 14.7k thaum build and did 11.7 mil, out dpsing a 16k warlock by a little over a million
    and I will say the dripping skull warlock power looks awesome. I see a lot of mages moving to thaum and I see a lot of people
    leaving the game. This nerf certainly stopped me from buying zen the last sale.

I do not disagree with all the changes, moving nightmare to the 3rd tier makes sense, but they've gone over board with this.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why CWs care so much about renegade not being that great. No class has ever had all 3 trees viable at the same time IMO. Most classes are lucky to have 2.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The problem to be constructive With CW For PVP part is it not one point to change but practicaly all the system.
    In onlive server CW is probably the second worst class FOR PVP but at least we had some things to give in team play.
    CW is the only class that have cast time so long that every other class can dogde or even launch there own control on the CW.
    With the change every aspect of CW became worst than onlive server.

The actual statment of CW in test server for pvp part is even under what GWF was in beta server.
    And every constructive post from real CW player as long as it not bug return is purely ignored.

Yes those who want to play pvp are crying because in actual situation the question is not what should i change in my stat to be playable in pvp But which other class should i take or should i leave the game.

For those like me who even put money and pass lot of time to build it it even worst.

In actual situation we CW player we are like cornered rats. we have no more option (constructive post ignored, question for dev moved ).

ANd yes i think feeling part about the actual CW in the previous server is also a return since it suppose to be a game and since we player are suppose to have fun first, and i can say that i have no fun for new CW and i m sure it practicaly the case for at least all CW player that do some PVP content
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    Yes those who want to play pvp are crying because in actual situation the question is not what should i change in my stat to be playable in pvp But which other class should i take or should i leave the game.

This! And do you know why there are way more non-CWs posting in this thread, thinking they know anything about CW? Because there are no PvP CWs left! And Devs, you may have noticed that it's almost only PvPers posting here forcing nerfs. You know why? Neverwinter is a griefing community! Even though our class is already dead in PvP, there are a bunch of GWFs, HRs, TRs posting in this thread, asking for further nerfs, even though they have never played a CW. Leavers in PvP, people being votekicked in PvE, so they don't get the loot, ... not on occasion, but all the time!

Just look at the numbers! You don't need our feedback for that.

I'm a very big DnD fan, but I'm also a "Mage" fan. I don't want to play another class! You are literally forcing me out of this game. I like the new content in M4, I like the NW community in my guild, but you're literally saying, "You are already weak as hell, and we've been nerfing you for a year now! Don't you see that we don't want CWs to PvP in this game? Should we just globally deactivate the PvP Queue for CWs, so that it finally reaches your brain? We don't want you in Neverwinter!"
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After the continuous and depressing nerfs, I'm really starting to think that cryptic wants all cw's to move on to warlock.

I hate how they give us a glimmer of hope and then crush our broken bodies under their boots.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    After the continuous and depressing nerfs, I'm really starting to think that cryptic wants all cw's to move on to warlock.
    I highly doubt it. Warlocks will be the CWs natural prey in PvP.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ICWW all your setup are based on the previous shield and based on the fact that those player never think and are also for not high geared player. actually with shield slotted on tab you don<t do enough damage in thauma way without the daily to surpass a high regen stats (even with the fact that it cut by two in pvp)

You also consider that player will remain in icy terrain. But once player will understand that is your config it s the only spell that can do some damage and also with spell plague, that the only spell that can proc assaillant with a reasonnable timing. entangling force work as always: 0 damage on control immun target.

for GWF he just need with the new time of is control spell to be able to close the gap once and your are done for and since is inflexible also break the ice he have on him, he jsut have to run at full speed and have one control that success + same as above high regen HP will still surpass your damage capacity.

And TR greatly depend of the lvl of the TR and his own feat but is actually the only class you have a chance to kill since they have lower HP and assaillant pass over there reflexion.

For the rest it only work at low GS player and you only can do it with an enchant like spellplague to hope proc assaillant with enough regularity.

for entrangling force it a no use spell for pvp because one he don t do a single damage on immun cc player, 2 he have a too long time to be launch and 3 on test i made even if you try to use it for multiple attack to have chance to proc assaillant, he is not proc many attack, more than half less than any over time spell i tryed. i was doing test on way to have a build relying on assaillant damage just before they decide to cut shield by half. only icy terrain was giving a real amount of damage (with spellplague enchant and creeping frost), follow by ice conduct, then the fire encounter spell (sometime he is procing warped magic or creeping frost ) then burning flam and finally you get entrangling force
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, CW is now the welfare class that DEPENDS on everyone for survivability
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    @meldan3n

What you are aiming is magic missile. Lets look at the larger margin.
    At will : ray of frost
    encounter single : entangling, ray of enfee, icy ray, chill strike & repel

by the feat alone, all the damage nerf done to them would be revert back same as live, and some even better. Then whats the point of designer nerfing all these skill?

Look at the bright side, we have thaum assailing. which do 4-5k dmg every 5sec unmigratable. And yes this means everyone would be going for thaum cw pvp. This is why i said your other suggestion is fine/good to bring viable for renegade.

On last test i made assailing force is not 5 second proc, his cooldown is around 10 second so to speak on how it seems to works, you receive the stat assaillant for 10 second. during that time even if you discharge your damage (what ever the moment) you still remain with the assaillant statut until end of the cooldown, so you canno t have it proc again
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On last test i made assailing force is not 5 second proc, his cooldown is around 10 second so to speak on how it seems to works, you receive the stat assaillant for 10 second. during that time even if you discharge your damage (what ever the moment) you still remain with the assaillant statut until end of the cooldown, so you canno t have it proc again
    Thats interesting,

Anyone have more information on that? Last I tested this against me I was seeing procs every roughly 5 seconds... Did they up the CD?
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    @meldan3n

What you are aiming is magic missile. Lets look at the larger margin.
    At will : ray of frost
    encounter single : entangling, ray of enfee, icy ray, chill strike & repel

by the feat alone, all the damage nerf done to them would be revert back same as live, and some even better. Then whats the point of designer nerfing all these skill?

Look at the bright side, we have thaum assailing. which do 4-5k dmg every 5sec unmigratable. And yes this means everyone would be going for thaum cw pvp. This is why i said your other suggestion is fine/good to bring viable for renegade.

Ray of Frost, Chilling Cloud, Scorching Burst (I'm not even mentioning Storm Pillar, because... well.. ya..) could use a buff. I don't think that an Oppressor/Thaum will become OP from it. "60%" sounds a lot. Fact is, it won't make a big difference, because the base damage is already extremely low. An At-Will that deals 500 damage would deal 800 damage if you neglect chill and damage bonuses on dailies, etc..

As for encounters, Entangling's damage is very low to begin with. It has been nerfed by 10%. An inscrease by 30% through this feat would mean a 17% increase compared to live. For Chill Strike (only the not-on-TAB version!), it would mean 30% more damage. To equally geared PvPers, it deals around 2k damage. A 30% increase would mean 2600. OP? Ray is a joke, not worth mentioning. Only good for debuff, damage is neglectable. Now, Icy Rays would probably even become viable from it (for Thaumaturges). This is what should've been tested on Preview in the first place! Repel damage? Come on...

If you want to focus on burst and you're a Thaumaturge who willingly decides that he doesn't want Learned Spellcaster and Cold damage bonus (9%!!!!) that stacks with other damage bonuses in % (Chilling Presence, Bitter Cold, etc.), sure, you can take this one. For a Renegade, the additional damage on At-Wills is a must-have though (at least for my playstyle). A Chill Renegade will prefer other feats.

We should move this conversation to pms or another thread. Then we can discuss it, I can show you the ACT logs, etc. Also, feel free to message me in NW anytime. We can go to preview to test things. Always up for that. The more we discuss here, the faster everything we've written will be deleted.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

In my tests it is a 5 second ICD. The only time it is longer between hits is if you're not damaging anything. It procs reliably off all damage as far as I can tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @sygfriend94

Yes this in base on a current shield. By next patch shield drop at 25% unstabilized, it is still viable as gentlemancrush alrdy stated :
    (1-Dres) * (1-Tenacity) * (1-Shield)

And like i mention earlier, u stay in or between ice terrain. GF have no choice to either go to you, which makes them take ice terrain chill, or just stand outside letting u spam skill. As in domination, players have to be inside to cap node. Ice terrain tick time have been change, and chill bypass shield.

Entangling with orb passive is 4-5s depends on player. We dont cast encounter on cc immune, we just dodge & run till its over and repeat. Some of the part i cant reply as i cant understand what u're saying.

Test is not done on low gs player. Its done on range 17-20k GS, in which i stated earlier, HR cannot be killed on 1v1 with us on par with same gs if they are melee build.

*there is also been a change to chill : freeze effect, Its not breakable by encounter gap closer.
  • Options
    infiltratorinfiltrator Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I guess , I wont bother with the introductory part.

I have invested 2.5-3 months raising a pvp toon.

I have built my CW with renegade in mind--> (18 12 18) setup , just saying

I (and trust me I am not the only one) WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER ETERNITY GRINDING
    THROUGH THIS GAMES *** CAMPAIGNS to gather all the boons.

Furthermore I WILL NOT SPEND MORE TIME LEVELING UP NEW ARTIFACTS

If you speculate on the fact that most of the pvp oriented CWs will change their class and restart
    S o r r y t o b u r s t u r b u b b l e.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't know why CWs care so much about renegade not being that great. No class has ever had all 3 trees viable at the same time IMO. Most classes are lucky to have 2.

- Because we don't want CWs to be like other classes. On the other hand nobody wanted to play oppressor before. So there you go.

- Because if you see 3 options you want all of them to be hard choices (otherwise, what's the point of making these choices anyway ).

- And last but not least: because it just so happens that few renegades enjoyed their choice. Some of us for over one year now! And out of the sudden we are told to play useless buffy.

You can't really hold against us that we oppose such approach.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thats interesting,

Anyone have more information on that? Last I tested this against me I was seeing procs every roughly 5 seconds... Did they up the CD?

If yo uwant some test here how i came to this last week. enchant: spell plague. take also creeking frost gift and fire way. do not take the feat that give you a percent of chance to put fire in other target. Spell, icy terrain (be sure to have only one target ), ice conduct and the fire encounter spell, you can eventually add entreglement on tab i also shot with at will for a full rol spell. it give around 16 second of continuous damage but it never proc more than twice and i made test for around 10 min without any cooldown it should proc around 4-5 time because it down around 100 dammage during this time. with 5 second cooldown you still should have it proc most of the time 3 time but as i can see, it proc between the first 3 second and then a second one around the moment my encouter a ready to be use again.

Edit

there also one thing i see that may give wrong analyse in the log (i pass by the log damage directly not the stats) when assaillant proc, it appears one time on your character and the na second time on the target but only do damage when it proc on target. maybe the 5 second come from here
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myvain7 wrote: »
    Feedback Assailing force :
    I don't like assailant. It is a big part of the damage that we are no longer able to do otherwise. It works pretty well, outside of pvp considerations. But what bothers me is : this is damage out of nowhere, without skill. It would be nice to have a feat that effectively reward the way we play, with a real boost to damage, rather than damage falling from the sky, there are already storm spell for that.

Not flaming, but I tend to agree here. Seems like CWs HAVE to rely on A.F. to deal any damage at all, and whats worse it doesnt really take skill to use (to build around - sure - but not use). It would be really cool if CWs did have their damage bumped up alot in other areas and this either toned back or swapped to something else? I dunno. But I do agree. Seems like CWs will be pigeon holed into 1 path, since thats how you get most of your damage.

- Do you think some type of stacking/damage buff could work here instead? LIKE GWFs have on their capstone? Or even something more like GFs have on their Conq Capstone now?

myvain7 wrote: »
    Feedback CC immunity :
    We need some sort of CC immunity. Our worst enemies may be others CW because we will be the easiest class to control. There is not a single feat that gives us CC immunity when, in my opinion, we should be able to resist some powers that we are able to launch.

Do you think this could be done through shield, as in "releasing" shield BREAKS CC and also Gives CC immunity for a few seconds? The idea there is when you break shield it deals damage/breaks CC but now you are MUCH more squishy, so it could also have like 1-2 sec CC immunity frames - used for escape?