test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Changes

Comments

• shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    WOW

For fray, is that all the time, or just feated? And if all the time, is it multiplicative or additive?

These are the changes we have been waiting for!
  • orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: Into the Fray now also increases the damage of affected players by 50% of the Guardian Fighter's base Damage Resistance.
    Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: Ranking this power up now also grants +25% of your DR as damage bonus.

WOW that's a huge buff! Should make GF's much more desired in party play.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    shamgar4 wrote: »
    WOW

For fray, is that all the time, or just feated? And if all the time, is it multiplicative or additive?

All the time and multplicative.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Wow love them changes :D anvil of doom will be even better now

Gf will be wanted for dungeons now since Knights valor, into the frey and enforced threat are all very useful now. The gf is becoming more of a team leader char for dungeons.

And i like the changes to our single dps skills that needed a buff, this will make the gf better in pvp and that's what i was waiting for.

thanks crush :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xjosh19xjosh19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @gentlemancrush You sir, just made my day and make me the happiest person on PLANET EARTH! =D

I really want to encourage you to keep the good work and thanks a lot for taking into account our feedback! Keep in touch with us as you have been doing since it feels that our effort testing is paying off!

THANKS =D
    edited July 2014
    Maybe this is a noobish question, but what exactly is base DR? Without buffs? So your defense, and AC basically?
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You could then in theory deflect the damage which would then reduce it even further.

The full resist behavior if you deflected the sample above would be

100 = 2000 * (1 - .5) * (1 - .8) * (1 - .5)

The last section is assuming 50% deflect severity.
    Ill explain how it should work so it is 100% clear.

Given your example of 2000 incoming damage and 50% DR you would take 1000 while not blocking. Then your block would get involved and multiply THAT post resist number by 20% (resulting in 200 incoming damage, or a grand total 90% resistance). You can also take your current damage resistance * 1.8 to find what your blocking resist SHOULD be. Alternately you could multiply the base damage by .2 (Block grants 80%) and then multiply the remaining value (400 in this case) by your damage resist.

This is what makes a multiplicative bonus so nice. As long as you aren't using an operation that isn't a part of the formula you will generally get the right answer.

So. TL;DR. Damage Resistance while blocking works like this. (FinalDamage) = (Damage) * (1 - DamageResist) * (1 - BlockResist)

In your example that would be 200 = (2000) * (1.5) * (1-.8)

Hopefully that clears it up!

vey very nice changes to some skills howerever will these problems be fixed in the upcoming update they are still very important becuase it does really render shield mute.

BUG
    block
    THIS IS NOT WORKING HOW YOU MENTIONED

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: Into the Fray now also increases the damage of affected players by 50% of the Guardian Fighter's base Damage Resistance.
    Guardian Fighter: Into the Fray: Ranking this power up now also grants +25% of your DR as damage bonus.

So that means 50% of base DR as bonus damage PLUS 25% of total DR (minus base?) as damage bonus?!

For Knee breaker and Griffon's Wrath, could the range of the powers be increased by 1' as you will miss any moving target at present using them?

Griffon's Wrath (and Ray of Enfeeblement Mastery) also suffer from unintended double casts, where if you press the button once, it will use the power twice

On an unrelated note, Armor Specialization Heroic Feat effect will not appear on character sheet
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    EDIT!

We have more changes coming your way, hopefully this week or early next week!

Guardian Fighter:
    Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now stuns targets for 1.5 seconds (up from .75).
    Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now activates ~15% faster.
    Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Base duration increased to 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
    Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Rank up bonus increased to +2 seconds (up from +1 second).
    Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Now activates ~15% faster.
    Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Base damage increased by ~20%.
    Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Bonus damage is now dealt to targets below 40% HP (up from 25%).
    Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Now activates ~15% faster.
    Guardian Fighter: Frontline Surge: Now correctly benefits from Pin Down and Reinforced Surge in PVP.
    Guardian Fighter: Block: Block should no longer randomly appear broken when fighting.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

Hole Mole Thank You Very Much!
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »

So that means 50% of base DR as bonus damage PLUS 25% of total DR (minus base?) as damage bonus?!

Its hard to phrase this correctly, but it means that each rank looks like this

R1: 50% of DR becomes bonus
    R2: 75% of DR becomes bonus
    R3: 100% of DR becomes bonus

Base DR means AC + Defense + Personal Passives (feats, boons, etc). Outside influences will not count. No standing in Astral Shield for 80% damage boosts :)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow that's like a 50% damage boost for most GFs then?

DC + GF new standard in DD runs.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its hard to phrase this correctly, but it means that each rank looks like this

R1: 50% of DR becomes bonus
    R2: 75% of DR becomes bonus
    R3: 100% of DR becomes bonus

Base DR means AC + Defense + Personal Passives (feats, boons, etc). Outside influences will not count. No standing in Astral Shield for 80% damage boosts :)

So basically, if a GF with 40% DR uses Into the Fray, all party members (including themselves) near them will gain +40% damage?
    edited July 2014
    So basically, if a GF with 40% DR uses Into the Fray, all party members (including themselves) near them will gain +40% damage?

At rank 3 yes. For 8 seconds.
  • biltzkriegbiltzkrieg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014

How will this interact with the feat inspiring leader? If i have 40% DR would this then be 45% dmg to the group for 8 seconds?
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Wow that's a very good bonus, most gf have near 45-50% so that's a big boost for the team.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Mother of God...
    Enemy Team
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    crush what about the fix to shield doing what its intended to do
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm now really waiting for this to get on preview. I can't wait to start testing it.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well I was wrong. When Crush said that GF were "NOT dps," I thought he was implying that we were tanks. That is not the case. We are now the ultimate support class. I was expecting changes to the defense of GF and when I seen the new changes I was blown away. The idea of being a true support class with the tools to pull it off well was every unexpected. This is just as good of news as actually being a true tank.

We appreciate the changes to GF making them a true support class, with the new changes GF WILL be viable and even wanted in a group.
  • elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited July 2014
    I'm really impressed with the latest batch of changes. Seems like support GF is going to be awesome and the single target damage GF is also looking great.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So basically with KV and Into the Fray we are giving +50% DR and +50% Damage to our party, holy ..., if we have this in Mod 4 I'm sure we will see a lot of "LFM GF" :D (and not only for FH ¬¬).

Thanks.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Rofl. My group get ~65% damage bonus then alone from my fray(toggled KV). xD Then add the +8% from mark +20% from ToI and maybe weapon enchantment too. *.*

Out of that:

1) Can one post ARC+script for it? I want to test golems!
    2) Does the capstone of protector(-20% damage from debuffed attacker) influence the reflected damage by Guarded Assault? -->10k Hit from enemy vs. me --> 300 damage to him. But 10k*0,8 = 8k = 240 damage to him or still 300?
    3) It's WAI that CW can freeze through block with Ray of Frost?
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Guardian Fighter:
    Guardian Fighter: Griffon's Wrath: Now stuns targets for 1.5 seconds (up from .75).
    Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Base duration increased to 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
    Guardian Fighter: Knee Breaker: Rank up bonus increased to +2 seconds (up from +1 second).
    Guardian Fighter: Anvil of Doom: Bonus damage is now dealt to targets below 40% HP (up from 25%).
    Guardian Fighter: Frontline Surge: Now correctly benefits from Pin Down and Reinforced Surge in PVP.
    Guardian Fighter: Block: Block should no longer randomly appear broken when fighting.

These are some astounding changes being done hopefully and includes the dr fix for block as well. Also much appreciated that the old guard break appearing using the new block has been removed.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The reason the CD is still 10 seconds is that the choice between "Will I die if I keep intercepting" vs. "Can my party survive ok while I don't intercept for 10 seconds" is an interesting one, and if the CD gets too short you lose some of that. Turning it off should feel like a bit of a punishment. Something on the order of "We made a mistake so we have to regroup" rather than "Too much heat, toggle off, top me up. IN WE GO AGAIN!"

Hopefully that makes sense :)

EDIT!

Guardian Fighter:

* Log onto forums... "Lets see if Crush posts anything"....
    * Check GF Thread...
    * ERRRRMAGURDDDD!!!!! I dont even know what to say to this.... Into the Fray is probably TOO OP - well see though.....

So just to make sure I understand all the changes.

Knee Breaker: Is going from a 6+1+1 duration to a 8+2+2 duration? Is this for BOTH the slow and the DOT? Because thats almost 100% uptime? And seems like it would be a 12/8 = 50% INCREASE in damage?!

Into the Fray: At MAX rank, this increases BOTH the GF AND teammates damage BY the GFs DR (~50%)? For 8 seconds?!

Frontline Surge: So with BOTH feats this adds 1.3 seconds to the stun? - Will this ALSO effect GWFs as well?
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ETA on Into the Fray nerf? :P
    edited July 2014
    Don't you dare!

I don't see how a party buff is too OP. Yes, it buffs the GF too, but he loses an encounter.

It is perfect. It and KV encourage you to have a GF and encourages it to be a tank. If more of the content coming is like kessels (uncontrollable mobs that do damage), it is great.

Yes, i know you can do kessels with all wizards, or whatever, but it would be easier with the mobs controlled.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well I was wrong. When Crush said that GF were "NOT dps," I thought he was implying that we were tanks. That is not the case. We are now the ultimate support class. I was expecting changes to the defense of GF and when I seen the new changes I was blown away. The idea of being a true support class with the tools to pull it off well was every unexpected. This is just as good of news as actually being a true tank.

We appreciate the changes to GF making them a true support class, with the new changes GF WILL be viable and even wanted in a group.

Making them a support class was the only chance to up viability. For the current content nobody needs a true tank (but that might change). It's what the DC has kept in the game although nobody needed healing anymore: The ability to up the parties damage by roughly 100%. Even the best DPS can't "outDPS" a debuff cleric.
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    * Log onto forums... "Lets see if Crush posts anything"....
    * Check GF Thread...
    * ERRRRMAGURDDDD!!!!! I dont even know what to say to this.... Into the Fray is probably TOO OP - well see though.....

So just to make sure I understand all the changes.

Knee Breaker: Is going from a 6+1+1 duration to a 8+2+2 duration? Is this for BOTH the slow and the DOT? Because thats almost 100% uptime? And seems like it would be a 12/8 = 50% INCREASE in damage?!

Into the Fray: At MAX rank, this increases BOTH the GF AND teammates damage BY the GFs DR (~50%)? For 8 seconds?!

Frontline Surge: So with BOTH feats this adds 1.3 seconds to the stun? - Will this ALSO effect GWFs as well?

Yep, all of those are just about correct.

And since GWFs don't have Pin Down they cant get that portion, but otherwise yes.

Knee Breaker is getting an increase in total damage dealt, but no increase in DPS. The Damage per Cast time is getting more effective since it does happen over a longer period.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Guardian Fighter:

Marry me, please. Muhahaha. My GF became playable again, all of a sudden. Tytytyty.

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep, all of those are just about correct.

And since GWFs don't have Pin Down they cant get that portion, but otherwise yes.

Knee Breaker is getting an increase in total damage dealt, but no increase in DPS. The Damage per Cast time is getting more effective since it does happen over a longer period.

Anyone know if TWO GFs use Knights valor at once how does that work?

Or what about TWO GFs using Into the Fray, would that be a 100% damage boost?