Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    only1klonly1kl Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2014
    stagger38 wrote: »
    How about this for discussion: If the Block mechanic is removed, what would take its place?

Currently most discussion is 'buff block duration', 'use the old block', 'give us 100% DR', etc. Personally, I don't think any changes to block will make the GF a desirable class. So what if it were replaced with something else?

Also discuss Mark, though I think the new version is okay.

~~

I think replacing block with Knight's Challenge could be very interesting. Functions exactly the same, but only receive 50% more damage (still give 100% more) and gain CC immunity. When activated, a very obvious "Challenged!" text pops up, so it's clear it's being used. Stamina based of course, with a base duration of 6s. Block could then replace the encounter power. For 3/4/5s , reflect 10% of incoming damage, you receive no damage, and stamina regeneration is increased by 25%. 20s cooldown.

Don't limit yourself to existing powers though, I just thought KC was a good fit.

This is a very interesting idea. I was actually thinking about something like this a few days ago. The two classes are fighters, where all of their basic traits and paragon paths are the same. Since the GWF, in terms of it's current form, is working better than the GF implementation, we can use that as a starting point.

Allow both classes to work similarly in mechanics. Remove the "shift blocking" from GF and give them sprint, just like a GWF. That levels the playing field for mobility. Now, here is the tricky part. The point of a GWF is that he removes his shield to give him more attack power. While the gf uses his shield to give him defense. So now allow their shift is the true balance between the two. Give GFs a determination bar similar to GWF and give them the reverse of unstoppable. A huge increase in DR and a small (read: 5% boost of dmg).

Playing field is now leveled. Now GF will not lose dps due to having to choose between attacking and defending. Just a quick idea I am throwing out. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Suggestion:

pls remove the 80% and give us back our 100% the guard meter depletes plenty fast enough with this silly new mechanic and there really is no reasonble possible way as to why a shield should not block all incoming damage, consider this every other class has now had their shift upgraded you are essential downgrading ours do you want all guardians to re roll to gwfs or hr's? devs i implore you to sign into the PTR and do a pvp match against some of the top rated players (crush get on your GF) and then maybe you will understand why this is not working you did it before mod 3 dropped get on the ptr and test this against us. except the challenge if you dare.

also if your doing this your going to need to rework these feats to compensate for it .

Action surge & shieldmaster need a complete overhaul if this goes live

BUG:

i have noticed that some DoT's, prones, and as has been said shocking and knives are going through the shield this is a huge problem that i cant fathom as WAI. on a side note also what should have been fixed a long time ago is vines going through shield.

also to the OP that isnt a bad suggestion everyone here seems to agree GF's need a dmg buff adding dmg to our shields may infact help this. our weapon dmg is abysmal to say the least lower even than a dc's.

I was about to post that myself . This update will be proven as a nerf on Gf class if devs don't consider a more fully rework on the block system . The whole stamina thing will ruin gf because of the limited time as it stands now .
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Im going to correct your math, because that 30k ice knife, turns into 6,000 which THEN turns into about only 2400 with DR and tenacity. Block->DR->Tenacity all multiplicative.

So each 10k of damage turns into about 800 damage net to your character.

I almost replied to Dom right away, glad I kept reading so I didn't have to pull my calculator out =D

So there you go, you're not taking a lot of damage. I'm saying it now, like it was said with GWFs, HRs, CWs.... It's going to be St00pid OP. It's going to be the same thing as the perma'so who skate around a point not attacking for 10 minutes until you catch them with a rotation and wreak them.

There will be a whole flock of no skill GFs sitting on a point holding block. Everyone is gonna get mad, we will get over nerfed and it will be another 4 mods on the bottom.

I've said my piece, I'm right, you'll see. I'm not going to discuss it anymore.

Unrelated, but still kinda related:

Where did I read the 360 degree block thing? Was that a suggestion from a player? Because I thought it was something that was announced by the Devs, am I remembering wrong?
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    I think that new block mechanic can be used well if developers buff it. Since there is no announcements of changing any GF feats(both damage and defensive)and no changing on ability bonus thing, a new block mechanic should be at least 3/4 times longer with a fast recovery. Also it has to be 100% DR, but with slow move speed like on live (other players need to have advantage when it comes to outmanuvering GF). It will ensure at least 9/10 sec of survival even against whole team in pvp if u move good, and prevent a "you first" situation when fighting other GF. We are not getting any buffs except in agro menagment, so if ur about to remake block only make it very good so that current (no damage, no def, -1 prone, no crit, slowass) useless GF can shine in blocking, in both pvp and pve. One more suggestion is that u guys dont make that block can be smashed or ran out of, would be cool if we can hold block whole time but when the block pool goes to red we only have about 10% DR and it cannot be recovered until u put it down. GFs lack in CC immunity comparing it to gwfs, and the GF should naturaly be the "immovable object". Cheers
  • Options
    gomzielgomziel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi all
    I am a gf with 15500 gs. i suupse to be melle att but i allways last in dmg, somtimes LESS then half dmg of the last person before me (number 4 in the dmg table, which make me number 5).
    I see this "lamness" in all GF.
    this is a lame chrecter and i am sorry i wasted time and money on it. (a fact of how i feel)
    now i see you didnt add dmg or att, just threat. nice. so now i will die in 5 sec insted of 10 in Kessel and make 0.25 dmg insted of 0.5 of others.
    your strategy, making GWF and CW bad, will not work, GF will stil be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, just now, the rest will be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> too.
    if u cant make the content more intresting and harder in INTRESTING ways (and not just add mobs like you allways do), dont nerf half ppl.

this all MARK thing is BS, and should be transformed to WAR CRYs that will give real party bonus and real enemy debuff, so ppl will want GF in party allthough the poor dps, same as DC case.
    I wish to point out that de-facto, NOBODY WANTS US IN PARTY IN ALMOST EVERY DUNGEON, SKIRMISH OR WHATEVER.
    the only place we are realy wanted is FH, and also there we are replceable. in some dongeon, unless a group of friends will make you a favor, u are totaly unwanted. this is a fact.
    i wasted tons of time and money on my GF, after 6 monthes, i let it go cuz its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and started CW. now, again, after taking my time and money, u nerf me. to nerf ppl who play more then a year is a bad strategy, but u know better i am sure.
    there are other games, and cheaper
    so long
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    yes, we got it, they are tanks. but they are lame tanks and de facto nobody wants in party. now u can talk philosophy as much as u like but if i cant go to parties, its null and void.

Prones were not effected by tenacity which is the main reason they switched to stuns.

On the subject of buff the DPS as the answer to the GF...
    They are a tank . Not every class should be a DPS class. The damage output could use a slight buff IMO but they will not and should not turn into the new GWFs. Ideally they should just be the annoying hard to kill class and the features which increase team survivability and DPS is much better than further pushing the DPS race meta nonsense.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Exactly. People just cry about changes to their class but don't see the big picture.

When mod4 hits, CW and GWF cant insta clear rooms anymore and DC and GF become more needed

again, i must point out this is a lame startegy. i will stop reading now, its pointless. i will just say again:

MAKING OTHER LESS GOOD WILL NOT MAKE A BAD THING BETTER

i know its hard for you, comon folk, to sustain complicated thoughts for long, so just take it as an axiom
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    I almost replied to Dom right away, glad I kept reading so I didn't have to pull my calculator out =D

So there you go, you're not taking a lot of damage. I'm saying it now, like it was said with GWFs, HRs, CWs.... It's going to be St00pid OP. It's going to be the same thing as the perma'so who skate around a point not attacking for 10 minutes until you catch them with a rotation and wreak them.

There will be a whole flock of no skill GFs sitting on a point holding block. Everyone is gonna get mad, we will get over nerfed and it will be another 4 mods on the bottom.

Where did I read the 360 degree block thing? Was that a suggestion from a player? Because I thought it was something that was announced by the Devs, am I remembering wrong?

I think your forgetting how easy it would be for 2 people to clear a GF though. So yes this might make GFs the best/easiest 1v1 contest-er in the game, but shouldnt the tank be that?

Especially seeing as it would be easy to send a second person to clear the GF off the node versus Senti GWFs/Permas its still do-able however I would say the GF would be 3rd or 4th in the ability to stay alive against 2 people.

BOTTOM LINE: I dont mind the tank class being the best 1v1 contest-er class.

BUT!!! Im willing to concede that maybe 80%*DR*Tenacity would be too much DR...

So with my suggestion of being able to hold block as long as you want even after block meter is gone, maybe block should be brought down to 70% instead of 80%. What this would do is bring it to about 12%, instead of 8% damage that goes through (a 50% increase). So for every 10k damage, 1200 gets through. I think its a very fine line though in being too weak or too strong, but TBH at this point id rather have it be too strong and have GFs be the best 1v1 node holder than too weak and keep the class ruined.

Especially if they are willing to change contesting so it doesnt remove points gained but only reduces it, then I dont even think I see a problem with 80% block as it is. The only reason your saying its too strong is in light of contesting in domination.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think your forgetting how easy it would be for 2 people to clear a GF though. So yes this might make GFs the best/easiest 1v1 contest-er in the game, but shouldnt the tank be that?

Especially seeing as it would be easy to send a second person to clear the GF off the node versus Senti GWFs/Permas its still do-able however I would say the GF would be 3rd or 4th in the ability to stay alive against 2 people.

BOTTOM LINE: I dont mind the tank class being the best 1v1 contest-er class.

BUT!!! Im willing to concede that maybe 80%*DR*Tenacity would be too much DR...

So with my suggestion of being able to hold block as long as you want even after block meter is gone, maybe block should be brought down to 70% instead of 80%. What this would do is bring it to about 12%, instead of 8% damage that goes through (a 50% increase). So for every 10k damage, 1200 gets through. I think its a very fine line though in being too weak or too strong, but TBH at this point id rather have it be too strong and have GFs be the best 1v1 node holder than too weak and keep the class ruined.

Especially if they are willing to change contesting so it doesnt remove points gained but only reduces it, then I dont even think I see a problem with 80% block as it is. The only reason your saying its too strong is in light of contesting in domination.

This new Stamina based block will mark the death of gfs ...Why in the hell did the devs remove the already fine block with one that depletes with time and not dmg taken ? It's like they are actually saying that Gf Block is OP or something as it lasts "Way too much" (Getting the irony ? ). I would far prefer the current live block that this stamina 80 % DR / Tenacity jeopardy .
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    this new stamina based block will mark the death of gfs ...why in the hell did the devs remove the already fine block with one that depletes with time and not dmg taken ? It's like they are actually saying that gf block is op or something as it lasts "way too much" (getting the irony ? ). I would far prefer the current live block that this stamina 80 % dr / tenacity jeopardy .
    the death? When the hack did they lived anyway?
  • Options
    maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How about if mark did some sort of root? Like a slow or 0.5 root? Too OP?
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »

im sorry i just had to lol at the fact you said GF's could get over nerfed even though it was about infinite block i mean no offense. the devs will never do this anyway. pretty sure the only time anyone has ever complained about gf's at all was way back in the day with the "broken" stalwart set bonus or maybe first time pvpers that never experienced the glass cannon conqueror build but other than that come on really? i sure do wish we had it like this i would catch all the kiddies tears in a gypsy jar, the day the forums burst out with nerf gf threads i will be rejoicing with a cold one.

on a side note prepare for a mass influx of new hunter rangers and prepare for those threads.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    At least we know, who to blame if this goes live. Right Ayroux, my spamming friend?

sigh, i'm close to giving up. Face it, our class will be dead especially in PvP and due to people who have no clue about how we actually function in certain aspects of the game and their feedback being in higher volume as ours. I see TR, HR, GWF main character people giving suggestions in this thread. They're being heard, BUT the ones who play GF as a main and are giving the proper suggestions are constantly being ignored or ridiculued by the newer GF folks.

Yeah gf will be pointless in pvp, we will have nothing apart from a few more hp wow what a huge increase lol now we will take 4 hits to die by a gwf instead of 3.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    No matter if you take tenacity or whatever into account the 80% block thing will never work even if it was 90% it is still a terrible idea why do people keep saying its going to work ??

As for the shield the way it works now is fine, its a great system it just needs a buff to activate faster and to be stronger not break in 5 hits but the new stamina one is just terrible, why keep saying the gf cant have high dmg because then all classes would be the same or he needs to be different, well then why give us stamina like all the others ? and why does 4 of the other classes have ways to be almost unkillable in pvp yet i could spend thousands of rl money on my gf and still get ripped by one of the top pvp classes.

Shield should be 100% dmg reduction.

Shield should stick to the same system now but get an activation buff.

Shield should be 3-5 times stronger.

We should also get way more deflect, we have the shield so deflect and deflect severity should come natural to us because that's what a shield does.. deflect attacks.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Pls mr Crash . Consider not changing the Guard system.As you stand with the changes right now the GF class will become EXTINCT on pvp and even more useless in pve .Timer on block will kill the class .
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be honest ,block based on stamina means limited time block.that means in order to defend yourself from spike damage(TR lashing blade from stealth,GWF IBS etc) you have to have your shield up.
    That means that a not too bright pvper will wait and dodge and keep his enc/dailies for the time your guard is dawn.Then he will release all his encs/dailies.

This is the final nail in the coffin of GF.

This terrible idea which by all means and terms is a NERF,came from a reknown GWF .Which happen from time to time to play a Gf alt.

i did some one vs one in icewind pass .With one Tr and one HR.Both roughly same gs.14-15 gs.
    i stood no hope.No hope really.Tr after ITC entered stealth.What i was suppose to do? Wait for the lashing blade to land and then the bloodbath daily?I raised my shield.Lost 2-3 secs lowered again.Raised up again i had half the block meter.
    Bilethorn daggers started ,bam! shield gone.Tr came into melee with the fast at will .i don't remember the name.Well to make story short he killed me as easily kills powries in sharandar.I am rank8 and full corrupted BI gear.
    What the 10-12 gs GFs will feel ?They will die like ants.

The HR started ranged combat .raised my shield.Got rooted.he got into stealth.Hit me.raised my shield.bam!!!Shield gone.He finished me in melee.

About pve:As i said in the past certain critters have big hits with out red zones to prepare the player to raise his shielsd.Some examples.
    CT final boss
    CC final boss
    The drow spider half women in tos.Bears in IWD.etc....Good luck tanking them en mass in a midle of red aoe ,effects etc

^^^^
    If the changes go to live then GF class is dead.period.Whoever disagrees is completely delussional and/or a complete liar.

Since Chris G.Crusher said they are looking only to the new block and old is scrapped permanently we need:

Double AT LEAST duration of block.The default block should be 7-8 secs minimum.And to be regenarated in 4-6 secs.

And since our block got a big NERF ,the devs might want to compenstate the class by giving us some control powers.

Griffons Wrath should have the same effect with daze strike of Trs.Or slighlty lower but centainly the stun effect needs a boost.Now it is not really noticable.
    Crushing pin is currently at 3 secs. 3 secs?that;s a **** at will hit! At least 6 secs duration.
    Generally to improve our control powers since the term "dps" causes the devs an allergy when they read it from GFs...:p
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think its really funny because a few select players are saying the stamina based indefinite block would make GFs too OP, then you have a bunch of people saying this change is making GFs worthless.

Like I said, Id rather have GFs be too good at solo node holding, and potentially tone them back in PVP versus them still being too weak. Id rather have a GF (the tank class btw) become the best solo node holder than any other class - which even IF my changes went into play id still bet GF wouldnt be the "go to" since it would be MUCH easier to clear a GF off a node than a GWF or TR.

We can all agree the current block on live sucks, the current block on PTR sucks.

The current block on PTR could be PERFECT, if they extended my idea of allowing block to be held indefinitely - even once the meter runs out.

Fully exhausting block, takes about 4 seconds for enough of your meter to come back to hold it again - and this STILL wouldnt be the "tactical" block allowing you offense, purely a defensive ability.

Will there be GFs perma blocking who cant play well? Sure! Just like there have been Sent GWFs who can roll their face and perma contest, just like there are perma TRs who dont require much skill - or atleast much LESS than before to contest.

Id really like to see my GF changes hit PTR, and IF contesting was changes as well, I think GF would be in a perfect spot.

he would be VERY difficult to kill 1v1 however he would also STILL have a difficult time KILLING as well, so that seems balanced. With two players coordinating he would still be pretty easy to wipe out - which is why I dont think it would be THAT OP.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The block solution is really simple...

All they need to do is adjust the current PTR block with one minor change:

- While holding block, you can continue to do so indefinitely - even when your block meter hits zero.

What the meter hitting zero tells you is that you cant immediately let go and press block again. On the PTR, and live, it takes about 4 seconds for enough block to regenerate to be able to block again. This is fine.

So if you want to weave in and out of block , to deal offensive abilities, you need to use precise timing with it, or if you need to hold block for long periods of time, this mechanic would allow that as well as a true defensive tool.

BTW to the post above - my GF was my main with my GWF as my alt for a very long time, GF was my first class and played GF up until Mod 3 - which for me was the last straw on my GF.

NOBODY asked for the block they implemented on the PTR, and as you will notice in my MANY MANY posts on the offical thread about this, they clearly implemented it wrong.

So dont blame me because the DEVs messed it up, the suggestions I make, are the ones that, if implemented, would cause me to want to play my GF again, but currently both LIVE and PTR are just pathetic for a class.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For me there are 2 solutions:

1- If we are gona use the shield of the preview (block 80% of the damage) it should be unlimited.
    2- Or we can get the current system with some buffs, for example, make it impossible to lose more than 15% in 1 sec, so even if there are 10 mobs attacking us the shield will last for almost 7 seconds minimum, also, make it regen a little faster.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For me current shield > shield on preview, I don't like the idea to be blocking the 80% of the damage, I don't like the idea that my shield should have a duration based on time (but there could be a constraint about how much it can last, for example, making it impossible to lose more than the 10% each 0.5 seconds would make our shield last for minimum 5 seconds even if there are 20 guys attacking you), and finally I don't like the idea to have my guard depleted even if there is no one attacking me...
  • Options
    zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    RECKLESS ATTACKER: *REWORKED* Increases damage by 30% for 8 seconds after dealing a critical strike. more inline with PnP feat, and combined with Dex changes makes this more plausible.

I don't like the idea of changing the reckless attacker like that, 1 i will need to wait for my crit to trigger my additional damage which is very wrong in my book

and additional 30% damage? we can get as much as 50% if we actually stack our power at the moment but yes i understand the block meter would be a roadblock there but we hardly ever block in PVE anymore soo this is too conservative for a change
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    zhaofuo wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of changing the reckless attacker like that, 1 i will need to wait for my crit to trigger my additional damage which is very wrong in my book

and additional 30% damage? we can get as much as 50% if we actually stack our power at the moment but yes i understand the block meter would be a roadblock there but we hardly ever block in PVE anymore soo this is too conservative for a change

You only dont block in PVE because the content is pretty easy to outgear, if they release new content for 15k+ GS players youll be blocking alot more damage and thus not have as much in the way of power. Ontop of that, have you looked up the PnP Reckless attacker? It was based around crit.

The Reckless Attacker change would ONLY work if DEVs implemented crit onto DEX. So for PVE it would be VERY easy for GFs to see 35%+ crit which means youd literally have almost 100% uptime with 30% damage. I think its a pretty fair tradeoff IMO.

Plus that would ALSO free you up to not have to stack power, and could stack some other stats if needed.

For PVP, the current Reckless attacker is honestly pitiful, to be competative you cant stack power that far so even in Conq Profound gear at best youll be getting like a 20-25% damage boost, and you almost never have full block meter.

So this would be a balance from PVE to PVP to aid GFs in both areas.

So for OVERgeared players in PVE, sure might be a small DPS nerf. But I think for the majority of scenarios this would be better, especially if they roll out new/difficult content.
  • Options
    zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You only dont block in PVE because the content is pretty easy to outgear, if they release new content for 15k+ GS players youll be blocking alot more damage and thus not have as much in the way of power. Ontop of that, have you looked up the PnP Reckless attacker? It was based around crit.

The Reckless Attacker change would ONLY work if DEVs implemented crit onto DEX. So for PVE it would be VERY easy for GFs to see 35%+ crit which means youd literally have almost 100% uptime with 30% damage. I think its a pretty fair tradeoff IMO.

Plus that would ALSO free you up to not have to stack power, and could stack some other stats if needed.

For PVP, the current Reckless attacker is honestly pitiful, to be competative you cant stack power that far so even in Conq Profound gear at best youll be getting like a 20-25% damage boost, and you almost never have full block meter.

So this would be a balance from PVE to PVP to aid GFs in both areas.

So for OVERgeared players in PVE, sure might be a small DPS nerf. But I think for the majority of scenarios this would be better, especially if they roll out new/difficult content.

I understand your point both in PVE and PVP but 30% damage is still too small. Power and and HP are the only viable stats that can be stacked right now see both this doesn't have a soft cap or diminishing return by that end 30% is a bit of a nerf.

lets put it this way PnP rules has a very small influence on NW but it was base on it so i would prefer to work around it.

why not 30 to 40% then add a little something behind it like additional armor per or crit on top of that 30%, cause frankly speaking 30% is too low for a GF that have the lowest wpn damage in the game

look at the GWF destroyer feat - 10% damage during unstoppable + gains determination during dealing damage (they don't have too slot the feat determination now that does the same thing) + 2% or 1% additional damage for every stack of destroyers purpose

and for a GF 30% damage for every crit that doesn't stack - this design is too "Meh" without too much thought behind it (no offense)
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014

if the conq is going to be a real dps path it needs this and DEX to add 0.5% crit per points over 10 this would absolve us from power stacking as much. If i can get an extra 5% in crit I would remove 2 or 3 of my radiants to get azures and get a vorp.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I understand your point both in PVE and PVP but 30% damage is still too small. Power and and HP are the only viable stats that can be stacked right now see both this doesn't have a soft cap or diminishing return by that end 30% is a bit of a nerf.

lets put it this way PnP rules has a very small influence on NW but it was base on it so i would prefer to work around it.

why not 30 to 40% then add a little something behind it like additional armor per or crit on top of that 30%, cause frankly speaking 30% is too low for a GF that have the lowest wpn damage in the game

look at the GWF destroyer feat - 10% damage during unstoppable + gains determination during dealing damage (they don't have too slot the feat determination now that does the same thing) + 2% or 1% additional damage for every stack of destroyers purpose

and for a GF 30% damage for every crit that doesn't stack - this design is too "Meh" without too much thought behind it (no offense)

40% seems too high. Even 30% ends up beating out most "capstone" feats for most classes.

HR Ranged tree = 30%.

The ONLY one thats better than 30% is a GWF which IMO should be scales back some, because 50% is just stupid.

30% seems fair to me.

With GWFs getting a pretty big nerf to unstoppable, with CWs being pushed more towards control, im honestly not interesting in providing balance changes with GFs outgearing content in mind. With that as well, if a GF was able to get crit on Dex, that would be a nice damage boost with a vorpal so there is that as well and ontop of all that, you could block attacks and still have full benefit from the capstone.

Maybe if you think damage would be too low, GFs need a re-work on another feat, but asking for a bigger re-work on a Capstone that would have near 100% uptime @ 30% damage boost seems overkill. Combat Superiority grants a total of 20% bonus damage as well on a T4 feat. Maybe Menacing Impact needs to increase the duration of Villians Mennace for a longer uptime there with more damage.

They already increased the cap on ET as well which will also help.

So again, im more concerned with PVP and future PVE content than focusing on a DPS loss to a CN run by a GF who stacks 8k+ power. Hes probably significantly outgearing the content, which is why he is able to get such DPS boost -> from not having to block.

You have to also think about PVP and I think even the 30% dmg boost would be pretty powerul.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The block solution is really simple...

All they need to do is adjust the current PTR block with one minor change:

- While holding block, you can continue to do so indefinitely - even when your block meter hits zero.

What the meter hitting zero tells you is that you cant immediately let go and press block again. On the PTR, and live, it takes about 4 seconds for enough block to regenerate to be able to block again. This is fine.

So if you want to weave in and out of block , to deal offensive abilities, you need to use precise timing with it, or if you need to hold block for long periods of time, this mechanic would allow that as well as a true defensive tool.

BTW to the post above - my GF was my main with my GWF as my alt for a very long time, GF was my first class and played GF up until Mod 3 - which for me was the last straw on my GF.

NOBODY asked for the block they implemented on the PTR, and as you will notice in my MANY MANY posts on the offical thread about this, they clearly implemented it wrong.

So dont blame me because the DEVs messed it up, the suggestions I make, are the ones that, if implemented, would cause me to want to play my GF again, but currently both LIVE and PTR are just pathetic for a class.

We don't blame you Brother but as i said the new Stamina based Block will be our downfall .
  • Options
    maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Request to devs -

could we have the block indicator back
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Prones were not effected by tenacity which is the main reason they switched to stuns.
    Yeah, funny story, I seem to recall a line in the patch notes for the PvP update that said "Prone duration is now affected by control resist", which is simply not true at all.