Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Feedback - Discussions

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seems like GFs are killing anyone 1v1 now.

That's not necessarily a bad thing for a class to be that strong 1v1 (HRs are in mod3), but GFs will probably also be the best class to have in group fights.

Instead of trolling teams stacked with GWFs we're probably going to see trolling teams stacked with GFs.

GFs are not hard to kill 1v1 in MOD4, and only win because the player base is not used to having to deal with a GF.

Most people don't play tactically. A GF hits you with LS, BC and FLS. He is essentially down on encounter for FIFTEEN seconds. But since you lost 1/2 of your HP you ran and won't abuse the fact that GFs have no DPS. So I wait for recharges and spam again.

VICE.

A GF hits you with LS, BC and FLS. You immediately get up and plaster him with your entire skill bar - important to break the shield here. Except when the GF goes for you again, he will be much more cautious as he cannot afford to miss anything unlike any other class in the game.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    +1

Its just changing tactics now, almost all classes can beat a gf 1v1 if played right, and I'm speaking if both same geared of course.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is a Guardian Fighter ment to do?

The Great Weapon Fighter is still the better class at dpsing and tanking after stealing our last bit of uniqueness our mark so why not just merge the classes?

GWFS can do it all so why can't GFS? that is ballance here.
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    BUG:

Griffons wrath stun duration doesn't seem to be what it says, its hardly stunning anyone I fight and during me using it they can get prones in on me.

Bull charge sometimes doesn't prone people.
    Bug:

Grifon's Wrath stun duration is at preview far less than one sec while it should be 1,5 secs.I think that it is still 0.75 secs as it is on live

- This is because now when you deflect a stun you get around 1/4 of the duration. For some classes like HR's with up to 70% deflect, there is no pt in using a stun, really no point in fighting. Godmode and I have tried a lot to beat them, and it's just not in the cards unless we get REALLY lucky. GWF's are getting 36% deflect going ALL offensive, Sents are getting near 50! so stuns aren't working on them, then they sprint all over the place with CC immunity lol. The good GWF's are in my guild are beating GF's like mad, even some CW's.

Stop saying we will be OP if our deflect gets raised. Our deflect sucks complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and it needs a bump at least to double the stat % and the feat should be 10% deflect 2% per point.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    - This is because now when you deflect a stun you get around 1/4 of the duration. For some classes like HR's with up to 70% deflect, there is no pt in using a stun, really no point in fighting. Godmode and I have tried a lot to beat them, and it's just not in the cards unless we get REALLY lucky. GWF's are getting 36% deflect going ALL offensive, Sents are getting near 50! so stuns aren't working on them, then they sprint all over the place with CC immunity lol. The good GWF's are in my guild are beating GF's like mad, even some CW's.

Stop saying we will be OP if our deflect gets raised. Our deflect sucks complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and it needs a bump at least to double the stat % and the feat should be 10% deflect 2% per point.

So once gain we aren't as good as gwf :/

It's very annoying fighting them though because they can go unstoppable for about 70% of the fight it seems so you have to just survive until it finally runs out then do your encounters but then they still don't get stunned and just soak up the dmg and there burst dmg is still way overpowered.

Anyone who says gf is OP really has no clue about pvp, we can beat gwf a little easier now but we are still weaker against an equality geared and skilled gwf.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I apologize if this has been answered already, but why is it when I take my GF to the test server , my power is halved ? I have over 6,000 on live but only 3,000 on the test server.
  • Options
    otong39otong39 Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2014
    lking73 wrote: »
    I apologize if this has been answered already, but why is it when I take my GF to the test server , my power is halved ? I have over 6,000 on live but only 3,000 on the test server.
    Reckless Attacker from the Conq paragon tree has been reworked. It doesnt double your power anymore when you have 100% Guard meter.
    Everytime you got attacked you gain 1 stack of reckless attacker which gives you 5% dmg increase and 2% critical chance, 5 stacks max.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Is there a reason why everyone gets to see our stamina bar?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Is there a reason why everyone gets to see our stamina bar?

Our stamina bar now appears full at all times so they cannot tell when we lose stamina or not. This has leveled the playing field dramatically in terms of preempting in combat for our opponents which gfs have had to deal with until now(mod 4 preview).
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Our stamina bar now appears full at all times so they cannot tell when we lose stamina or not. This has leveled the playing field dramatically in terms of preempting in combat for our opponents which gfs have had to deal with until now(mod 4 preview).

Ah, that is great news. I haven't taken note of that yet in Preview.

My worry was enemies would be able to goad us into wasting our guard.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.