What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't have an access to preview now, does the Mark disappear if you take damage while blocking?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I would agree with reckless attack rework but in order to achieve this, i will still need to stack crit in order to reliably trigger it.

Why not like once you block an attack for the next 6 to 8 seconds increase your WPN damage by 15% to 25% and not power - cause we all know our WPN damage pales in comparison with other class even the DC, if we use use 25% increase of just POWER then that is nothing unless that can be stack 4 to a max of 100% increase of power.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Im going to have to disagree with you my friend.

If they made Block:
    DOUBLE the base duration it is now
    DOUBLE the recovery
    DIDNT diminish unless in combat.

What you would end up seeing is a stamina block that lasts about 12-15 seconds and a recovery time of about 7-8 seconds.

Which is a TON better than the block on LIVE - even when you take 80% damage (which BTW once u factor in defense and tenacity) its really only like 8% damage, and the fact that its ALOT more re-active AND lasts WAY longer AND recharges WAY faster...

All that combined with the stat rework - which already gave us about 5-8k MORE HP, my changes give us also about 5-8% more deflect AND Crit... Id say GFs would be VERY strong opponents... I cant speak for everyone but you give me a GF with those changes and I bet I could go toe to toe with most classes.

As for Reckless Attacker - there have been many posts and details about why this should be changed. Not only that, but it doesnt even remotely relate to the PnP Reckless Attacker. Ontop of that, it PALES in comparison to other "DPS TREE" capstone feats (See GWFs have 50% and HRs is 30% damage boost) while the doubling of power is more like 12-15% AT MAX capacity which in PVP will be almost never.

The PnP Reckless attacker (AGAIN) is an extra attack after dealing a critical strike. Since "an extra attack" is hard to transition over, I think a GOOD equivalent is a damage bonus after a critical. This ALSO in combination with my DEX change (giving GFs crit) make this MUCH more appealing as a feat.

Have a stamina based block even if its duration and recharge is high it wont matter i could go on about the reasons but 1 main reason is perma rogues...there would be nothing we can do now...
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Don't have an access to preview now, does the Mark disappear if you take damage while blocking?

No it doesn't, but with the guard lasting 4-6 secs max, it takes some attention to notice.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    RESPONSE:

BOOM! GFs just got about 5-7% more deflect from my suggestion (depending on DEX roll).

Oh whats that? GFs have the LOWEST crit chance in the game? BOOM! DEX gives Crit... GFs just got about 5-7% more crit depending on DEX roll....

One of the biggest problems with GFs has always been slow attacks+low weapon damage = no good weapon enchants.
    Giving GFs a LITTLE bit more crit makes vorpal atleast one decent enchantment available for use.
    Giving them more deflect helps the tankiness outside of block (and now inside as I ASSUME you can deflect the 20% damage NOT absorbed by block)

I really think just those three changes above:
    STATS/Reckless/Block

Would make both offensive and defensive GFs really be formidable foes.... Id REALLY like to see it on the PTR.

The problem with Con adding arpen is the fact, that only inexperienced GF roll a high CON for their toons, since it is so much better to get 15% arpen from DEX. (logic) Now if CON would grant arpen it would nerf all the GF who roll with 25 DEX and the big bad (bad as in not good) GF who play meatshields will get arpen that they do not need anyway, since all they have in mind is senselessly soaking up hits and party buffing.

---

Personally i'd have no issues with adpating my setup to this and i actually like the idea. But i still believe that DEX should grant crit rate + arpen at once and CON should grant deflect. Just because it makes more sense, since DEX is an offensive stat and CON is a defensive one.

• Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Meh, looks like most people only read the last posts.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The problem with Con adding arpen is the fact, that only inexperienced GF roll a high CON for their toons, since it is so much better to get 15% arpen from DEX. (logic) Now if CON would grant arpen it would nerf all the GF who roll with 25 DEX and the big bad (bad as in not good) GF who play meatshields will get arpen that they do not need anyway, since all they have in mind is senselessly soaking up hits and party buffing.

---

Personally i'd have no issues with adpating my setup to this and i actually like the idea.

I wouldnt say inexperienced GF roll high Con, I still think High Con is one of the best rolls. I have two GFs one of which as 24 Con 24 Dex - just saying.

The high con rolls get more ARP meaning they can take off arp on gear of its not needed (assume this is for PVE) since for PVP there is no "cap".

If you have a high DEX roll now (25) Youll get massive deflect/crit now...

Currently 25 Dex = 7.5% deflect.
    New would be 15% deflect and 7.5% crit.

So you lost a little ARP, well good thing is ARP is much more stackable than crit, so maybe take some crit you HAD and put into ARP to balance it.

The issue with GFs and stats right now is they have no true % way to gain crit, they only have the STAT crit, which suffers harshly from early Diminishing returns. Giving GFs a way to get crit ASIDE from dim returns makes it MUCH more balanced - the reason again is ALL classes can stack crit via a stat so the diminishing returns on critcal hurt them much less.

This compounds the problem when Vorpal is added as in MOST cases its seen as one of the best enchants. So not only is the GF hurt in that respect, but it also cant use any good weapon enchants.

As for Reckless Attacker I think my proposition is more than fair. Plus it fits quite well with the Timeless gear which gives crit after encounters so the two combined AND with DEX would be a very attractive DPS PVE build.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I wouldnt say inexperienced GF roll high Con, I still think High Con is one of the best rolls. I have two GFs one of which as 24 Con 24 Dex - just saying.

The high con rolls get more ARP meaning they can take off arp on gear of its not needed (assume this is for PVE) since for PVP there is no "cap".

If you have a high DEX roll now (25) Youll get massive deflect/crit now...

Currently 25 Dex = 7.5% deflect.
    New would be 15% deflect and 7.5% crit.

So you lost a little ARP, well good thing is ARP is much more stackable than crit, so maybe take some crit you HAD and put into ARP to balance it.

The issue with GFs and stats right now is they have no true % way to gain crit, they only have the STAT crit, which suffers harshly from early Diminishing returns. Giving GFs a way to get crit ASIDE from dim returns makes it MUCH more balanced - the reason again is ALL classes can stack crit via a stat so the diminishing returns on critcal hurt them much less.

This compounds the problem when Vorpal is added as in MOST cases its seen as one of the best enchants. So not only is the GF hurt in that respect, but it also cant use any good weapon enchants.

As for Reckless Attacker I think my proposition is more than fair. Plus it fits quite well with the Timeless gear which gives crit after encounters so the two combined AND with DEX would be a very attractive DPS PVE build.

The timeless hero set is not the best option for PvE - dps. It sucks, to be honest. And reckless attacker would be even more useless than it is with the new block, if it worked like you suggested it. The new block, ok... i can find a way to get along with it "eventually", a reckless attacker revamp with a 6 sec damage increase of 25% after i crit? No way in hell that this could work. The problems are as follows, 1. you'd have to actually land a crit in order to get the 25% dmg bonus (nobody is going to stand still, and landing the initial hit usually ends with the hit being dodged). 2. IF you are lucky enough to land a crit, who would be willing to stand still for the duration of 6 seconds? 6 seconds in PvP is nothing.

---

Let's not try to get the devs into wrong ideas, let's rather work on suggesting additions to the new block. I respect you aswell as your opinion but you sometimes take it a step too far.

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    GF could have a feat, that increases the amount of defense needed to reach the soft cap. This would result in getting more damage resistance by stacking defense, which GFs can do extremely well.

I think this is a great idea, although it may be difficult to code and adjust the soft-cap for one class. But yeah it would make a difference without having to change much of anything since GFs have so much access to tons of defense.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think this is a great idea, although it may be difficult to code and adjust the soft-cap for one class. But yeah it would make a difference without having to change much of anything since GFs have so much access to tons of defense.

They have this for the GWF - Sentinels Aegis increases the effectiveness of the defense stat by a % which ends up giving roughly 15% DR boost.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The timeless hero set is not the best option for PvE - dps. It sucks, to be honest. And reckless attacker would be even more useless than it is with the new block, if it worked like you suggested it. The new block, ok... i can find a way to get along with it "eventually", a reckless attacker revamp with a 6 sec damage increase of 25% after i crit? No way in hell that this could work. The problems are as follows, 1. you'd have to actually land a crit in order to get the 25% dmg bonus (nobody is going to stand still, and landing the initial hit usually ends with the hit being dodged). 2. IF you are lucky enough to land a crit, who would be willing to stand still for the duration of 6 seconds? 6 seconds in PvP is nothing.

---

Let's not try to get the devs into wrong ideas, let's rather work on suggesting additions to the new block. I respect you aswell as your opinion but you sometimes take it a step too far.

Im not saying it is THE best option for PVE. Again, its just an idea. Id even say 30% for 8 seconds could work as well, Again all of these suggestions are in unison with eachother so this would HAVE to go with the stat rework where DEX provides crit which would make it possible for even PVP GFs to attain close to 30% crit chance.

Even with low crit I think youd be surprised at how good this feat would be. Landing a crit isnt that difficult in PVP, GFs have some of the shortest CDs, Lunging strike is about 6 seconds, Bull Charge is like 9seconds. Ontop of that, with 30% crit (or even 25%) the chance youll get a crit in 3 attacks is VERY high which can easily be done with a bullrush prone.

Meaning youd have a nice damage boost for (lets call it) 8 seconds post crit. In PVE youd have near 100% uptime with that.

Some of the stuff you discsus is why its best to bait dodges (as you know) via threat rush or just walking towards them. If you think its still too weak at 30% for 8 seconds, well im really open to better ideas.

My overall thought is that this feat should NOT be tied to block meter/stamina meter though. Which brought me to try and bring this back inline with what the feat actually does in PnP...
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The added benefit of changing restless attacker would be that you wouldn't have to stack power. Not saying you wouldn't want to, as power is great, but it opens up things.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Im not saying it is THE best option for PVE. Again, its just an idea. Id even say 30% for 8 seconds could work as well, Again all of these suggestions are in unison with eachother so this would HAVE to go with the stat rework where DEX provides crit which would make it possible for even PVP GFs to attain close to 30% crit chance.

Even with low crit I think youd be surprised at how good this feat would be. Landing a crit isnt that difficult in PVP, GFs have some of the shortest CDs, Lunging strike is about 6 seconds, Bull Charge is like 9seconds. Ontop of that, with 30% crit (or even 25%) the chance youll get a crit in 3 attacks is VERY high which can easily be done with a bullrush prone.

Meaning youd have a nice damage boost for (lets call it) 8 seconds post crit. In PVE youd have near 100% uptime with that.

Some of the stuff you discsus is why its best to bait dodges (as you know) via threat rush or just walking towards them. If you think its still too weak at 30% for 8 seconds, well im really open to better ideas.

My overall thought is that this feat should NOT be tied to block meter/stamina meter though. Which brought me to try and bring this back inline with what the feat actually does in PnP...

I'm not a prone spammer. I use KC, LS, and AoD, with CS, ST passives and crushing surge/tide of iron as at-wills (cs deals 11k on my toon i like this at-will, alot.). But yeah, as i mentioned it i am most likely the only person with such a GF setup. I like being different, because being different can be very effective. I know what you wanted to suggest, no worries but reckless attacker as it is, is just beautiful in every aspect and i'd be more than sad if it gets ruined. I'd rather see the new block adjusted towards said feat, instead.

---

On topic, i am beginning to like the new block, because i can use KC more effectively, without having to fear that my shield is torn to shreds with one hit.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm not a prone spammer. I use KC, LS, and AoD, with CS, ST passives and crushing surge/tide of iron as at-wills (cs deals 11k on my toon i like this at-will, alot.). But yeah, as i mentioned it i am most likely the only person with such a GF setup. I like being different, because being different can be very effective. I know what you wanted to suggest, no worries but reckless attacker as it is, is just beautiful in every aspect and i'd be more than sad if it gets ruined. I'd rather see the new block adjusted towards said feat, instead.

---

On topic, i am beginning to like the new block, because i can use KC more effectively, without having to fear that my shield is torn to shreds with one hit.

The issue I have with Reckless as is: even on live, is that it cant compete at all from a DPS perspective and the "DPS TREE" for GFs really doesnt add all that much DPS, it FORCES you to stack power to gain any true damage boost, and ontop of that, blocking any attacks currently (and on PTR) shreds your block so fast, the "uptime" is pitiful.

Part of the issue why you feel like you never crit is from using KC. Thats a non-damaging encounter. If you threw in Bull Charge in there, youd see your number of crits go through the roof, primarily because its got a long lunge range combined with the prone, you can easily get 2-3 hits off after a Bull Charge. Also, AoD is a long CD encounter that requires melee range. You could easily slot frontline, or even Griffons which would give you more "charges" to hit... Not to mention you can spam Threat Rush as a GF to easily proc that crit to then use encounters... All viable if you want to "build" in that direction.

not to aggravate you, but it seems your coming at this from a perspective of "here is my GF setup - dont make changes to nerf it"

But when I look at what should change, I dont have a set "build/setup" in mind purely just where do I think the classes weak areas are, and what could make up for that...

The weak areas are:
    Survivability - in block and out of block.
    Mobility - something needs to be a class weakness though
    Lack of weapon enchants - due to the current system
    Lack of true DPS options - Large part of this IS crit and IMO reckless attacker. For a Capstone feat, this is really a pitiful feat even with the power buff.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The issue I have with Reckless as is: even on live, is that it cant compete at all from a DPS perspective and the "DPS TREE" for GFs really doesnt add all that much DPS, it FORCES you to stack power to gain any true damage boost, and ontop of that, blocking any attacks currently (and on PTR) shreds your block so fast, the "uptime" is pitiful.

Part of the issue why you feel like you never crit is from using KC. Thats a non-damaging encounter. If you threw in Bull Charge in there, youd see your number of crits go through the roof, primarily because its got a long lunge range combined with the prone, you can easily get 2-3 hits off after a Bull Charge. Also, AoD is a long CD encounter that requires melee range. You could easily slot frontline, or even Griffons which would give you more "charges" to hit... Not to mention you can spam Threat Rush as a GF to easily proc that crit to then use encounters... All viable if you want to "build" in that direction.

not to aggravate you, but it seems your coming at this from a perspective of "here is my GF setup - dont make changes to nerf it"

But when I look at what should change, I dont have a set "build/setup" in mind purely just where do I think the classes weak areas are, and what could make up for that...

The weak areas are:
    Survivability - in block and out of block.
    Mobility - something needs to be a class weakness though
    Lack of weapon enchants - due to the current system
    Lack of true DPS options - Large part of this IS crit and IMO reckless attacker. For a Capstone feat, this is really a pitiful feat even with the power buff.

Nah, i don't like prone spamming forum - guide specs. I like my spec better. Usually i have no problem with hitting crits (because i focused a lot on critical hit rate) but it still, is not guaranteed to crit as a GF, of course. KC is actually the best GF skill there is, if one doesn't want to resort to prones, like 99% of all GF's do. My LS crits for ~20k, and i use anvil of doom especially to finish off GWF or other GF. It works great if the target uses one of those silly soulforged enchantments and comes back to life with such a low amount of hp, that AoD procs it's double damage instantaneously.

• Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had a much more detailed response that tracked the status of GWFs back from mod 1 and the changes but it was deleted for who knows what reason. Yes PART of the issue was the tankiness versus damage gain. The other part of this was tenacity - which I tied into mod 3.

I knew you knew now I know why you asked its good to know that i knew that you knew and that I now know why .....
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nah, i don't like prone spamming forum - guide specs. My spec does more damage, way more. I have no problem with hitting crits. KC is actually the best GF skill there is, if one doesn't want to resort to prones, like 99% of all GF's do. My LS crits for ~20k, and i use anvil of doom especially to finish off GWF or other GF. It works great if the target uses one of those silly soulforged enchantments and comes back to life with such a low amount of hp, that AoD procs it's double damage instantaneously.

You run KC with Anvil? And your lunging only does 20k????????????

Dude, If that is your lunging crit, and you are using KC, you need to get some more power/AP/Vorpal. Also, using KC against another GF is a BAD idea, sure, you jump over and bull charge and lunging, but if you go against a better GF, he will do the same thing to you, or wait for your KC to trigger then just back off you, you go to jump over him and he bull charges you right back my friend. I really don't think your spec does even close to more damage than a prone build, or a normal KC build, I'm curious as to what you are running though. HP, Deflect Chance, Resist, Armor Pen, Regen, Recov?

Edit*****

I just realized you said KC, Lung and Anvil, so you will literally be defenseless against another proning class. Sure you can try and block, but if you KC another GF, he'll just have to wait for your lunging animation then booop, bull charge, boop lunging boop frontline... you are dead. Against a GWF, you hit your KC, he's not in unstoppable, you go for your lunging ... takedown, roar/FLS/IBS. CW, you KC, go for your lunging *dodge* frozen, dead, TR, you KC, go for lunging, roll, stealth, if he has daily, dead, if he has lashing dead, Cleric... well they suck... HR's, same thing as all the others.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    You run KC with Anvil? And your lunging only does 20k????????????

Dude, If that is your lunging crit, and you are using KC, you need to get some more power/AP/Vorpal. Also, using KC against another GF is a BAD idea, sure, you jump over and bull charge and lunging, but if you go against a better GF, he will do the same thing to you, or wait for your KC to trigger then just back off you, you go to jump over him and he bull charges you right back my friend. I really don't think your spec does even close to more damage than a prone build, or a normal KC build, I'm curious as to what you are running though. HP, Deflect Chance, Resist, Armor Pen, Regen, Recov?

Oh yeah you are right, i probably have way weaker enchantments than you do.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Weird, I have like 7k power and crit for over 14k more damage than you? AND, if you do YOUR homework, you'll realize that the fact that GF's do pure burst damage, that a Vorpal in the end does the most damage. Get out a piece of paper, and right down all the hits for 10 seconds with a bronze, and a vorpal. Do it 100x, and I promise the vorpal will crush the bronzewood.

Yes, I know the abilities. But if you lunging for 20k, no one will be less than 25% health, and all of those classes above, will kill you if they have a clue how to play. You need to get off your high horse, realize who you are talking to, and stop being such a kid, bro.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And if you still believe your claims of far superior knowledge, when mod 4 hits and I start playing again. I'd be more than happy to give you a pad and pen and show you how to play. IMO - it'd do you a lot of good, you sound just like FaceControl right now. That wanna-be bully who no matter how many times he gets beat still thinks he's good.
  • Options
    shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello there . I don't have a gfw myself but since i read every single guide / info i can find around about every single class my opinion about this matter is that the ideal fixes should be the following ones :

Slight nerf of Unstoppable ( You overnerfed it )

Don't give them further CC break but let them keep their takedown dmg . It's already hard for Gfws to land it especially versus experienced dodges .

Fix of Roar .

Let them keep the previous dmg of their Frontline Surge & Threatening rush since it will cause further nerf for gfs .

Slight nerf of how Determination is gained .

You should just fix the stack problem and i don't think there will be any complain about this class anymore .
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And if you still believe your claims of far superior knowledge, when mod 4 hits and I start playing again. I'd be more than happy to give you a pad and pen and show you how to play. IMO - it'd do you a lot of good, you sound just like FaceControl right now. That wanna-be bully who no matter how many times he gets beat still thinks he's good.

One cannot rely on a vorpal with a crit rate of 18-20% is what i initially wanted to say. It's not like i haven't tested trample the fallen + a vorpal, just that it was a lesser and sometimes, there are sequences where 20 hits in a row do not crit, at all (even with a crit percentage of 29% this is the highest crit i could get, so far) On the other hand, a P.Bronzewood would not be a bad decision, along with TtF/battle trample. ### I just tested it again, and i crit ~28k with LS, sorry the 20k was a bit too much of an assumption.

---
    I just realized you said KC, Lung and Anvil, so you will literally be defenseless against another proning class. Sure you can try and block, but if you KC another GF, he'll just have to wait for your lunging animation then booop, bull charge, boop lunging boop frontline... you are dead. Against a GWF, you hit your KC, he's not in unstoppable, you go for your lunging ... takedown, roar/FLS/IBS. CW, you KC, go for your lunging *dodge* frozen, dead, TR, you KC, go for lunging, roll, stealth, if he has daily, dead, if he has lashing dead, Cleric... well they suck... HR's, same thing as all the others.

Ah no, i am pretty good at blocking prones and i know that GWF's have (FLS to my knowledge does not prone anymore) a long cooldown on their FLS (nobody is going to use roar anymore, it was famous due to the obvious bugs). Now that takedown is their only encounter that prones and had it's damage reduced it is even easier to widthstand the initial storm before actually countering. And besides, i clearly said that i use KC to finish off, a target NOT to set up my initial attacks. I have a pretty huge AP generation and before i actually pop KC i use Villain's menace in order to not get proned. ### I also forgot to mention, that i have roughly 40% arpen (pvp domination, not Open world pvp) and could possibly get to 50%+ but i wanted to stack some more crit rate and decided that ~40% is ok.

---

Sorry if i have gotten a bit too heated up in this conversation, i apologize. Have a nice day.

• Options
    juanlu311juanlu311 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The same way i would like to see more interaction between Tab and our encounter powers interaction between blocking and our power would be great for the GF combat mechanic. Counter moves that were activated after a good time blok or additional effects for our encounters after parrying would be great.
  • Options
    arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    g4rfunkle wrote: »
    Armor Specialization:

No noticeable improvements on the character sheet. Does this feat do anything? I checked, my defense before speccing this feat was 4220. afterwards was still 4220. Damage resist stayed the same at 47% as well. Armor class also was unchanged at 22 with +11% Damage resist before and after speccing these points.

Yes, you can test this. Locate some mobs in say, Dread Ring. Test how much damage they deal, and how much damage resist you have. You'll find your character sheet says you have 47% damage resist, but you'll actually be taking about 54% less damage than they deal. Armor specialization multiplies the mitigation granted by AC and defense, but does not show on the character sheet.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I didn't know I had a guardian fighter video, please link me the video! I'm pumped!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I didn't know I had a guardian fighter video, please link me the video! I'm pumped!

Nevermind, i guess it was someone elses GF, i got confused because he had about the same, lovely attitude as you...

---

Sarcasm aside, what is your crit rate? Do you really believe that running a vorpal like this is optimal or even better than a bronzewood? Keep in mind that the BW adds a constant damage boost that gets doubled by KC, unlike vorpal which only works if one actually crits. Try to think rational, because hitting something 100 times in a row is not really a realistic PvP scenario. Make that 10 max. 15 hits (even 10 hits is an exaggeration) and like i said, even with around 30% crit rate, actually landing a crit is a rarity. Count the hits that do NOT crit, instead of the ones that do, just don't forget to actually use KC, because without it a bronzewood does not hit as hard, of course. Then you will realize, that the damage added on top of the non crits is overall higher than if you crit every now and then, with a vorpal. No clue why you called me a kid, i am probably twice as old as you are, just saying.

---

I checked your post history, you think that you know it all, but i highly doubt it (no offense) and i already talked to the best GF in the game and he has very different opinions than you do. Not to bash your opinion in any way but, i am not buying into your claims.

---
    \/

lunge_zps124a2fff.jpg

Now i have to ask, why do you only hit for 34k with your LS, you have a perfect vorpal i assume. Perhaps you should stack some more power and arpen. (kidding).

• Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    FEEDBACK
    With the nerf to our guardmeter, enemies should not be able to see our stamina
    DEX should give is crit chance not AoE resist
    Armor if bahemut should give is more % to the reduction. Other classes have things like 50% and 30% feat and we get 10%
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nevermind, i guess it was someone elses GF, i got confused because he had about the same, lovely attitude as your's...

---

Sarcasm aside, what is your crit rate? Do you really believe that running a vorpal like this is optimal or even better than a bronzewood? Keep in mind that the BW adds a constant damage boost that gets doubled by KC, unlike vorpal which only works if one actually crits. Try to be rational, because hitting something 100 times in a row is not really a realistic PvP scenario. Make that 10 max. 20 hits and like i said, even with around 30% crit rate that is a rarity. Count the hits that do NOT crit, instead of the ones that do, just don't forget to actually use KC, because without it a bronzewood does not hit as hard, of course. Then you will realize, that the damage added on top of the non crits is overall higher than if you crit every now and then, with a vorpal. No clue why you called me a kid, i am probably twice as old as you are, just saying.

---

I checked your post history, you think that you know it all, but i highly doubt it (no offense) and i already talked to the best GF in the game and he has very different opinions than you do. Not to bash your opinion in any way but, i am not buying into your claims.

---
    \/

lunge_zps124a2fff.jpg

Now i have to ask, why do you only hit for 34k with your LS, you have a perfect vorpal i assume. Should stack some more power and arpen x) (kidding).

The issue with Bronzewood is it first must be applied by an encounter power, THEN the effect takes place, so the first attack that applies the mark doesnt get the bonus, then you get the 16% bonus for about 10 seconds. Most of the time, the mark ends up not giving you a major benefit TBH.

For Knights Cheese, bronze gets applied then sure you can Lunge+Anvil, what I found ends up happening though is one encounter ends up getting dodged, then you get maybe 2 encounters with a 16% dmg buff.

Vorpal on the other hand, even in PVP gear you can get about 21%-22% crit. Eventhough the DPS on paper looks better with bronze, you end up in game losing damage with it because of the nature of dodge.

But TBH currently I think Bronze and Vorpal are roughly equal... Which IMO is stupid because bronzewood is pathetic for any class but GF, which just shows you how bad GFs are...

Also, I dont remember voting for "Best GF in Game" In fact I dont remember their being a competition for that either.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes who is the best GF in the game, I really wanna know, we could ask him for some feedback
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The issue with Bronzewood is it first must be applied by an encounter power, THEN the effect takes place, so the first attack that applies the mark doesnt get the bonus

Oh, until my initial attacks have ended, i will be able to re-apply the BW debuff with KC. KC (conqueror feated for 110% dmg included in the final step) + the 16% higher dmg (x2) from BW = 132% damage in total... throw in mark for another 8% (x2) damage... = 148%... add the 10% (x2 with KC) damage from STR and the 50% (x2 with KC) from power = 268% (the conqueror feat adds 10% ontop of the usual KC) = 294.8% dmg (this is all non crit amped dmg) then eventually tide of iron's debuff for idk how much dmg it adds. If i use anvil of doom with this... it deals 2x dmg again (this is still without a critical hit). AoD can be replaced by bullrush & trample the fallen of course, for another 15% (x2 with KC) dmg addon but as i mentioned i despise prones, alot. This is the very definition of the word "synergy". I could also include, lantern of revelation's damage addon into the calculation, but since it's duration is rather unsatisfying and it wears off too fast, i spared myself the trouble of doing so.
    Yes who is the best GF in the game, I really wanna know, we could ask him for some feedback

I don't think this is any of your business. You already stated that you do not play actively anymore and you seem to not even be aware of the current meta and the changes that will be applied to certain classes. (I'm done talking to you btw, i explained everything i felt was necessary, in detail already)