test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . The main reason why players feel that Warlock is the next one coming and assume that it's the most popular choice is a hand-in-hand reason. Let me explain.

. . . Back in Alpha, before we got the Great Weapon Fighter (GWF), gear for both the GWF and Scourge Warlock (SW) was dropping in the game. We then got the GWF not long afterwards and at the same time, SW gear stopped dropping just prior to Beta. So, this lead to many people proclaiming that SW is the next class which in-turn has lead many to assume from the ammount of people claiming SW is next, that this is the most popular choice. Contrary to most people's proclamations on the SW being next, we got the Ranger.

. . . Just prior and again after we got the Ranger the two most requested classes were stated as the Ranger and the Druid. This came from Cryptic's own mouth. We already got the ranger. From my forum observations and discussions with friends and players, the Bard class is way more desired than the Warlock as well.

. . . It has already been stated as well that Module 3 will not contain a new class. Things could change however, for in MMOs... nothing is set in stone.

You, Sir, Are Party-pooper.

Be it known hence forth that whenever it is finally released, which it will be at some point in time as yet to be determined by the powers that be, that my Warlock will hunt down your scrawny little wizzie butt and SCOURGE ON YOU.

-AHEM!-

Yeah, everything is 100% total guesswork at this point. I really would not be surprised if the next four, even five, possibly even six classes are already in the works as these things have a very, very long percolation period before they're even ready to be hinted at, much less officially announced. and in that process what may have been planned as "next" could fall behind another and so release schedules change and all that hooey-phooey-whatnot bizniz.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . The main reason why players feel that Warlock is the next one coming and assume that it's the most popular choice is a hand-in-hand reason. Let me explain.

. . . Back in Alpha, before we got the Great Weapon Fighter (GWF), gear for both the GWF and Scourge Warlock (SW) was dropping in the game. We then got the GWF not long afterwards and at the same time, SW gear stopped dropping just prior to Beta. So, this lead to many people proclaiming that SW is the next class which in-turn has lead many to assume from the ammount of people claiming SW is next, that this is the most popular choice. Contrary to most people's proclamations on the SW being next, we got the Ranger.

. . . Just prior and again after we got the Ranger the two most requested classes were stated as the Ranger and the Druid. This came from Cryptic's own mouth. We already got the ranger. From my forum observations and discussions with friends and players, the Bard class is way more desired than the Warlock as well.

. . . It has already been stated as well that Module 3 will not contain a new class. Things could change however, for in MMOs... nothing is set in stone.

Yeah right now there's no new testing for it.

I suspect we already got the "Warlock" in the form of the Master of Flame path on the CW.

I suspect the reason we haven't seen warlock, and are never going to is because they changed their minds in the dev phase, and basically said, well we can make this just another path on the CW side instead.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Still holding out for that Swordmage/Bladesinger class!

C'mon Cryptic!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was wondering if future new class that have healing skill will be getting the similar self-heal nerf (Righteousness) just like what the Cleric is having on 'em. Unless if (probably acceptable?) the the skill were mostly single target. At the moment... I'm pretty much frowning upon seeing the party set-up in PvE where most of the time some melee dps or tanks getting sidelined or sometimes not even needed... I was like, what the heck?
    edited April 2014
    Still holding out for that Swordmage/Bladesinger class!

C'mon Cryptic!

Surprisingly I could see that one being as popular as the Ranger.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Going old school, and asking for one of the original classes that has been in every version of AD&D as a Basic Character Class, and going with the Paladin. The Druid and Bard rounding out my preferences in that order.

They already have a Paladin Enchantment, Holy Avenger, in the game. When they do, I will resurrect my 3.5 Ed Half-Orc Sunite Paladin from Neverwinter 2.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to play Invoker and Psion. And possibly Swordmage.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Guys, why you don't add in the first thread a short description of each class included the poll? Maybe just primary and secondary role, skills or spells are magical, physical or both, things like that. My point is that perhaps is not just like "what would be the new class but what is the class that the game needs"? i.e I would love to play a Paladin because I like that kind of character but how would he fit in this game along with two soldier classes when one of them haven't even received love since long time ago. (Unless they rework the Guardian Fighter as Paladin, a support/fighter class awesome). Knowing what the game needs, allow us to know what would be the new class.

My thought is that including a "scourge warlock" full dps class with almost no control, right? Most runs are fast-paced, full dps, if we think about the actual party setup, we just change a CW for a Warlock and everything would be the same as now.

So what do we need? I think about a multirole class, capable of tanking, bring support buff/debuff, control or dps if needed but only one role possible according to his slotted encounters, would be great for every party, very situational according to the party setup and according to certain zones in the dungeons, slotting different encounters for trash clearing, boss fights, pvp, etc. Is there any class in D&D that can do this?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Is the new class gonna be in the preview shard first to test out any bugs/imbalance it would have?
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is the new class gonna be in the preview shard first to test out any bugs/imbalance it would have?
    Doesn't matter what it is, if there's a big ticket item that a ton of people are going to use, it's going to be put through a serious amount of testing first. So, yeah, when whatever class is next comes out, there'll probably be about a month of testing ahead of the release date.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So what do we need? I think about a multirole class, capable of tanking, bring support buff/debuff, control or dps if needed but only one role possible according to his slotted encounters, would be great for every party, very situational according to the party setup and according to certain zones in the dungeons, slotting different encounters for trash clearing, boss fights, pvp, etc. Is there any class in D&D that can do this?

Not really. For one, in 4th edition you can't change your powers on a whim. You started out with 2 at-will, 1 encounter, and 1 daily. As you leveled up you gain 2 more encounter powers, 2 more daily powers, 3 utility powers along with getting the encounter, daily, and utility power from your paragon path. Once you are full of powers, then at certain levels you replace one of your existing powers with a newer power. You can also retrain one power each time you leveled (unless you decide to retrain something else).

Also all classes are defined as having one primary role and 1 or 2 secondary roles.

Edit: Might as well address the first part of your post too.
    Guys, why you don't add in the first thread a short description of each class included the poll? Maybe just primary and secondary role, skills or spells are magical, physical or both, things like that. My point is that perhaps is not just like "what would be the new class but what is the class that the game needs"? i.e I would love to play a Paladin because I like that kind of character but how would he fit in this game along with two soldier classes when one of them haven't even received love since long time ago. (Unless they rework the Guardian Fighter as Paladin, a support/fighter class awesome). Knowing what the game needs, allow us to know what would be the new class.

Barbarian
    Power Source - Primal
    Primary Role - Striker
    Secondary Role - Defender (w/ Rageblood Barbarian) or Leader (w/ Thaneborn Barbarian)

Bard
    Power Source - Arcane
    Primary Role - Leader
    Secondary Role - Controller
    Note - Cunning Bards are ranged focused and Valorous Bard are melee focused

Paladin
    Power Source - Divine
    Primary Role - Defender
    Secondary Role - None defined, but with access to some heals probably leader
    Note - Avenging Paladins are 2 hand weapon focused and Protecting Paladins are sword and board focused

Psion
    Power Source - Psionic
    Primary Role - Controller
    Secondary Role - None defined
    Note - builds are Telekinetic Psion and Telepathic Psion

Shaman
    Power Source - Primal
    Primary Role - Leader
    Secondary Role - Defender (w/ Bear Shaman) or Striker (w/ Panther Shaman)

Sorcerer
    Power Source - Arcane
    Primary Role - Striker
    Secondary Role - Controller
    Note - Builds are Chaos Sorcerer and Dragon Sorcerer

Warlock
    Power Source - Arcane
    Primary Role - Striker
    Note - Builds are Deceptive Warlock and Scourge Warlock

Warlord
    Power Source - Martial
    Primary Role - Leader
    Note - Builds are Inspiring Warlord and Tactical Warlord

Not going to go through the rest of classes. Also the various classes gain additional suggested builds in Martial Power, Arcane Power, etc books along with Dragon magazine but I didn't list them here.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks dardove for your answer.
    Paladin
    Power Source - Divine
    Primary Role - Defender
    Secondary Role - None defined, but with access to some heals probably leader
    Note - Avenging Paladins are 2 hand weapon focused and Protecting Paladins are sword and board focused

Sounds perfect like a 3rd paragon for Great Weapon Fighters and Guardian Fighters, isn't it? :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sounds perfect like a 3rd paragon for Great Weapon Fighters and Guardian Fighters, isn't it? :)

No it dosent. A paragon path only adds a single daily, an at-will, and a few encounter powers, class features. This is hardly enough to distinguish a separate class.

Paragons are not classes. They are simply minor tweaks that allow a little extra flavor.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    No it dosent. A paragon path only adds a single daily, an at-will, and a few encounter powers, class features. This is hardly enough to distinguish a separate class.

Paragons are not classes. They are simply minor tweaks that allow a little extra flavor.

Also paragon paths are existing things in 4th edition rules. So far they have stuck to 4th edition classes being classes in this game, and 4th edition paragon paths being paragon paths.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd love to see a druid or shaman, something more primal, more connected to nature. that dresses more barbarian like. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2014

I still personally think they should MERGE GFs and GWFs into one single class called FIGHTER...

Then add GWF and GF as seperate trees. That way, no matter what happens the class of FIGHTER... will be able to adapt to any and all situations needed.

And Paladin could be a Paragon tree.

This I think is what REALLY needs to happen in the game. Rather than two seperate classes as GWF and GF, they should just be Fighters with the abillity to equip or specialize with either set of weapons and equipment.

I think this would go a long way to balancing this tree and making everyone's characters at least worthwhile. That way it will much more versatile as a class as a whole.
    edited April 2014
    Surprisingly I could see that one being as popular as the Ranger.

Bladesingers have always been my favorite class since D&D 3.0/3.5. I love everything about them: Elven, magic, and blades. They really are the Jedi of the D&D, at least in my eyes.

Of course, there's nothing in the works for them, but I'd still looooove to see one!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Monk is the one they should make
    edited April 2014
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Monk is the one they should make

That would be amazing. Love that class, as well.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what it is, if there's a big ticket item that a ton of people are going to use, it's going to be put through a serious amount of testing first. So, yeah, when whatever class is next comes out, there'll probably be about a month of testing ahead of the release date.

How long was the HR in preview shard before they released it?
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How long was the HR in preview shard before they released it?

IIRC, it was on Preview for test for a month and a week before release.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    IIRC, it was on Preview for test for a month and a week before release.
    . . . Aye, IIRC as well, it was on preview for 5 weeks and prior to that, it had been in internal testing for several months at least.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have five classes all at level 60 and in "maintenance mode" now (I'm just not interested at all in the sixth). So for me, it's at the point where I don't even *care* which class is next. I'm just hoping they bring it on the moment it's ready for public testing or whatnot because I need my NW fix and rolling a repeat isn't as much fun.

I suppose I could roll a throw-away toon to hold me over, but rerunning those lower-level introductory zones over and over can become a tedious grind.

They could release a 'stink cloud' class at this point and I'd jump on it.
  • grommusgrommus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Monk, Psyionic, Necromancer, Summoner. I only care about those 4. Do it Cryptic! ;D
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    grommus wrote: »
    Monk, Psyionic, Necromancer, Summoner. I only care about those 4. Do it Cryptic! ;D

Two of those are classes. The other two are wizard variants.
  • whatefwhatef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Whatever it is, I hope it's not yet another DPS class. We've got plenty of those already.

Paladin would be great, since it's a tank/healer.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    TL;DR

Bard
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Waiting for another class with healing ability, which is paladin in this case.
  • delarediadelaredia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So just me on the barbarian, eh? Nuts. Was my favorite class in NWN.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    delaredia wrote: »
    So just me on the barbarian, eh? Nuts. Was my favorite class in NWN.

Not just you but we have only 1 option to chose :).
    I like magic and close combat class .This is why i like druid and shifter . But what we need is a real tank like paladin . Sadly i dont see Blackguard in 4e .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
This discussion has been closed.