test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
. . . Welcome to the "New Class(es) Feeback thread. Please vote for your most preferred class that you'd like to see next added to Neverwinter in the poll above and feel free to discuss new classes below. Thanks!

. . . I only added Calsses found in the Players Handbooks, Neverwinter Campaign Setting, and Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (all 4e). I did not add classes from the Supplements nor Hybrid Classes, as there are only 10 choices allowed in a poll. Not even all the Core Classes could fit in this poll, which I listed under "Other."

. . . Also, if you're interested in discussing upcoming Races, check out The "New Race(s) Feedback" Thread (now will a poll too)!

Archived Threads:

The "New Class(es) Feeback Thread
The "New Class(es) Feeback Thread (original)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sadorsador Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Any hints on the next class that will be added?

My money is on either some kind of Paladin or Bard.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I believe the current "favorite" as far as which class is likely to be next is the Scourge Warlock, (search the forums for more info about why I say this).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Pretty sure that it's a cinch that Scourge Warlock is next up. See above.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    It is worth noting that there has been no direct confirmation about what classes are coming.

Scourge Warlock is merely player speculation.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It is worth noting that there has been no direct confirmation about what classes are coming.

Yes, yes....it is, it is.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sadorsador Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, we're light on classes that heal, seems like one of those would be the obvious choice.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2014

No, it's not only player speculation. It also is player *mental focus to mentally and automagically will the Cryptic Devs into choosing to release this class called Warlock next, thinking it was their own decision*.

So there's that, too. I know my telepathy is rusty, but I've been practicing hard and I saw the movie Inception so I'm hopeful it will work.

But, yeah, Warlock is the ticket.

-snickers-
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    personally, i warlock the warlock if you warlock the warlock warlock. warlock warlock warlock, is warlock. you warlock?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2014

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sador wrote: »
    Any hints on the next class that will be added?

Hint.
    1CON4pA.png?1
    jorifice1 wrote: »

Aye ,it's already here , go delete one of your old characters and create an awesome horse riding Hat of the Arcane Wanderer wearing Dragon . (take no notice of my advice :rolleyes: )
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yeah if I remember right this was from people who had dug into the client files during Beta way back when,

But I don't think Warlock is even under consideration anymore. The game changed a great deal from what the Devs originally thought, or perhaps they just directed it that way themselves. And unfortunately it means the original plans for this and what it was intended to be likely just do not fit in anymore.

I think they've probably moved on to something else at this point.
    edited April 2014
    Yeah if I remember right this was from people who had dug into the client files during Beta way back when,

But I don't think Warlock is even under consideration anymore. The game changed a great deal from what the Devs originally thought, or perhaps they just directed it that way themselves. And unfortunately it means the original plans for this and what it was intended to be likely just do not fit in anymore.

I think they've probably moved on to something else at this point.

Hunter Ranger was found at the same time as Scourge Warlock by the same people , HR still came out.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    personally, i warlock the warlock if you warlock the warlock warlock. warlock warlock warlock, is warlock. you warlock?

I dont think another nuke the the world class is good idea.
    If the warlock can do: summon undead and deamons, bats etc... and can change her shape to deamons, bats ,fog then i say yes yes yes ....
    But if all we got is pure aoe dmg then i say i vote for paladin or druid "+ snake:) the last companion was a druid have you ever see Warlock in NW? We have 2 druid companions rigth now& 1 Paladin ." .
    Also i know Devs love controll casters so i think Druid will be the next class .(We need Summoner class in NW what we realy dont have .)
    1. Druid (Summon,Shape change, Healing ,Buffs, C.Controll ligthning and earth spells) 2. Warlock (Summon Shape Change Brutal Eledrich powers bypass any d.resist) 3. Paladin (Single target Dps ,Heal , Tank ,Buffs, Celestrial summons)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Hunter Ranger was found at the same time as Scourge Warlock by the same people , HR still came out.

But... Warlock didn't...
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would be happy with either the warlock, druid, or paladin. I don't do PvP so could care less about all that stuff. Give me a new class, maybe a new race, and some more PvE events and I'll be as happy as a red dragon eating the horse it rode in on. ;)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014

Right. I also "speculated" that I was 100% sure Hunter Ranger was the first class to be released.

What comes after the Warlock is still a mystery to me though.

But I am willing to wager that Warlock is the next class
    edited April 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »

Pffft. I already played that one, they said it was too OP then they nerfed the hell out of it. It's not even worthy calling that one a playable class anymore. I mean c'mon - REALLY, CRYPTIC? Sheesh!!!
    edited April 2014
    Pffft. I already played that one, they said it was too OP then they nerfed the hell out of it. It's not even worthy calling that one a playable class anymore. I mean c'mon - REALLY, CRYPTIC? Sheesh!!!

i see what you did there...

also, it seems to me that cryptic likes dropping easter eggs or hidden clues in game. like when mod1 dropped, there were hunter rangers all over the place (it was speculated that HRs were supposed to drop with m1). with mod2, we have the scourge warlock, makos, showing off some encounters and we also have celeste's NPC script: diligence, vigilance and tenacity... is it a coincidence that the new pvp stat was called tenacity?

hmm... anyone else notice such things?
    edited April 2014
    Also dont forget Andy :)

Andy Velasquez, a producer working on new content for the MMO Neverwinter, says that his studio is already preparing a new class for the game beyond the Shadow Hunter that will be part of the Shadowmantle expansion.

He tells Polygon that, “We already have one class beyond the Hunter that's almost, I'd say 50 to 60 percent done, so that will be our next one.”

Apparently, the company has long-term plans to add more classes to the MMO in order to make sure that players have new options to explore.

The developer has not confirmed which class Neverwinter will add next, but he has suggested that the Druid is the most requested by the community.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited April 2014
    Before any one pre-speculate on new class :

Currently if S.Warlock is the new class (he must have higher dps then cw cuz he have zero controll) The CW popultaion will be not happy but i think the 50 % will roll to SW .

This will be a big problem cuz SW have 0 CC only DMG and summoning"her summons are no Tank type" & shapechanging so he will need tank .
    What we have not cuz both GF and GWF will fail the job , the agro is right now based on dmg and after both tank type got the Brutal mega nerf they will not have any controll over agro .

So my wish is Paladin Druid .
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    ...like when mod1 dropped, there were hunter rangers all over the place (it was speculated that HRs were supposed to drop with m1). with mod2, we have the scourge warlock, makos, showing off some encounters and we also have celeste's NPC script...

Indeed. and it has been mentioned before (an ongoing theory I do subscribe to) that class releases fell behind by one module: Mod one screamed Hunter Ranger (even the Feywild pack included the Unicorn, etc.) and Mod 2 is very Woarlock-themed... but no announced new class has been announced at all to coincide with this mod release.

Which does make sense, no matter which class is released next, because I remember in Alph playing with the Wizard (wash;t released to closed beta yet) - and it ws *way off* - it just didm;t play right. I don;t know if the Wizard was released later than the Devs intended or not, I do know it was help back a bit.

It was the same (to my understanding - umm, I *really do* have friends who work for WotC which is only half-mile or so from me and though I haven't signed any ND, I know better) for the Ranger. So if they are trying to work out kinks in the Warlock or whatever the next class is, then it makes sense if we don;t see one during this mod release.

Perhaps we'll see it at the *next* really big and exciting D&D-event release (I ain't saying' nuthin', no-way-man! Yeah, I know people know what it is, but they dun noe wot's in it! Muahahahah)
    edited April 2014
    Before any one pre-speculate on new class :

Currently if S.Warlock is the new class (he must have higher dps then cw cuz he have zero controll) The CW popultaion will be not happy but i think the 50 % will roll to SW .

This will be a big problem cuz SW have 0 CC only DMG and summoning"her summons are no Tank type" & shapechanging so he will need tank .

Yeah the CW is going to get hammered by the nerf bat soon so maybe they will reduce CW dps by a lot and increase it's control and make the SW the new magic dps ?, no idea how Warlock works in D&D though , do they have the potential to take over as a main magic based DPS or not??
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Please use existing threads for such topics, for Search is your friend:
    This thread has been merged with the first.
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok so it's here where the discussion is held?

I see Bard in the lead! (Woohoo!) I did a sneak-peek on some olden topics on forum and it was stated quite looong ago by well respected forum members even back in closed beta that many would like to play a bard. As far as I admit it being something I have a hard time to imagine implemented... I would LOVE to play a bard! It's one of my favorite 2nd choice characters for D&D games of all times (I would always choose a bard on 2nd play, for they are hard mostly but super fun! :D)

As far as I am concerned I would love to see a Paladin as well. It's not like I am a big fan of 'holy knights' but... it's quite easily like-able class and you can easily create a bio of either utterly annoying or utterly inspiring one. The Guardian Fighter just did not ever had that... "jenesequa*" I needed to 'feel' the character.

Most people state Warlock is coming... I do not mind. I liked them earlier, maybe like tiny bit less in 4e, but... well I'm neutral a bit here.

Most of all though there is my question: are we even SURE that new module will have new class? I mean: I might be a bit overworked person and miss few news on NWO but I don't recall a promise of new class. I know there are signs on heavens/earth/game client that new Class (and race) are coming but, will it be along module 3?

Sincerely Yours ~ Angry Neko Elf

(*lit.: "I don't know what"~from French)
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    . . . The main reason why players feel that Warlock is the next one coming and assume that it's the most popular choice is a hand-in-hand reason. Let me explain.

. . . Back in Alpha, before we got the Great Weapon Fighter (GWF), gear for both the GWF and Scourge Warlock (SW) was dropping in the game. We then got the GWF not long afterwards and at the same time, SW gear stopped dropping just prior to Beta. So, this lead to many people proclaiming that SW is the next class which in-turn has lead many to assume from the ammount of people claiming SW is next, that this is the most popular choice. Contrary to most people's proclamations on the SW being next, we got the Ranger.

. . . Just prior and again after we got the Ranger the two most requested classes were stated as the Ranger and the Druid. This came from Cryptic's own mouth. We already got the ranger. From my forum observations and discussions with friends and players, the Bard class is way more desired than the Warlock as well.

. . . It has already been stated as well that Module 3 will not contain a new class. Things could change however, for in MMOs... nothing is set in stone.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What class would you like to see the most next in Neverwinter?

had to choose bard; for many reasons; the main one is: a BARD! the most hated yet The Asset for a party in an rpg;
    wont comment on what i expect to come (even that i am pretty sure);
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . The main reason why players feel that Warlock is the next one coming and assume that it's the most popular choice is a hand-in-hand reason. Let me explain.

. . . Back in Alpha, before we got the Great Weapon Fighter (GWF), gear for both the GWF and Scourge Warlock (SW) was dropping in the game. We then got the GWF not long afterwards and at the same time, SW gear stopped dropping just prior to Beta. So, this lead to many people proclaiming that SW is the next class which in-turn has lead many to assume from the ammount of people claiming SW is next, that this is the most popular choice. Contrary to most people's proclamations on the SW being next, we got the Ranger.

. . . Just prior and again after we got the Ranger the two most requested classes were stated as the Ranger and the Druid. This came from Cryptic's own mouth. We already got the ranger. From my forum observations and discussions with friends and players, the Bard class is way more desired than the Warlock as well.

. . . It has already been stated as well that Module 3 will not contain a new class. Things could change however, for in MMOs... nothing is set in stone.

Don't forget Makos. They already have some warlock abilities designed that he uses in the Dread Ring. (Along with that copycat lich in Phantasmal Fortress.)
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But... Warlock didn't...

Keep in mind, we didn't get Ranger until the 2nd expansion. Just because we wont see Warlock on the third, does not mean its off the table. More likely, it simply means their plans for a class with each expansion was too ambitious. And we will more likely see a new class every other expansion.

In my mind, speculation of what new class we are getting has not changed. Only thing that has changed is the time frame in getting it.
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah the CW is going to get hammered by the nerf bat soon so maybe they will reduce CW dps by a lot and increase it's control and make the SW the new magic dps ?, no idea how Warlock works in D&D though , do they have the potential to take over as a main magic based DPS or not??

i'd prefer to say that the CW is going to be balanced out as there is more to fixing the class than just nerfing. armor pen needs to be added to a number of encounters in conjunction with making sure the class is still viable. but i most certainly will be creating a SW when the class is released.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Contrary to most people's proclamations on the SW being next, we got the Ranger.

I can't speak for alpha, but closed beta AND open beta AND game launch, everyone was saying it was the Ranger.

The few people that did bring up warlocks did acknowledge that the presence of the Ranger due to the datamined assets
This discussion has been closed.