test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    elderdays wrote: »
    While I like this game a good bit I find it hard to believe how few classes there are. Most D&D videogames spoil a player for choice. I'm sure many people have gone on about their favorite class being left out. It has me a little worried for the game that more than a year after launch that iconic classes such as paladins barbarians and bards haven't even been discussed let alone added to the game.

I think they will definitely release more classes - in time, and hopefully races too.
    if they released all at once they would have less content to introduce later on
    it makes sense to me, i know i wouldn't want everything released at once and then realize there will be no more surprises of that sort in the future
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think Warlock is a "lock" for the next class, given its presence in beta and ongoing references. For anyone not familiar with D&D 4.0, the warlock was the base for some of the most hideously-overpowered dps builds anyone could kludge together. Your powers focus on single targets and there should be both melee and ranged options throughout the power tree.

I've heard GWF described as "the Easy button" in terms of dps...no great subtlety required when compared to TR or CW. If Cryptic gets the Warlock right, it will be the ranged-option "Easy button"...not that I will hesitate a second before creating one!
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Whatever it is, it is gonna be OP.
  • elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think they need to release the remaining classes all at once but one a quarter would be about right.
  • izlude84izlude84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Am I the only one hoping for a Paladin?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My prediction - a Staff wielding caster
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited June 2014
    izlude84 wrote: »

So am I but I doubt it
    edited June 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    I think Warlock is a "lock" for the next class, given its presence in beta and ongoing references. For anyone not familiar with D&D 4.0, the warlock was the base for some of the most hideously-overpowered dps builds anyone could kludge together. Your powers focus on single targets and there should be both melee and ranged options throughout the power tree.

I've heard GWF described as "the Easy button" in terms of dps...no great subtlety required when compared to TR or CW. If Cryptic gets the Warlock right, it will be the ranged-option "Easy button"...not that I will hesitate a second before creating one!

"CW".. " great subtlety ".. moving on, nothing to see here
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    izlude84 wrote: »

"Paladin" could be more fit as a GF Path, not a new class entirely
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
    edited June 2014

I dont think so. Check the Class forums, so far we have 2 only in the Barracks. The Paladin will go to the Temple along with the DC. The Druid goes to the Wilds with HR. The Warlock joins the CW and they spend many sleepless nights arguing over what's better: a fireball or a snowball. And.. Im not sure who joins the TR in the Den
  • berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2014
    Monk would be nice. It is my favorite class in most games.
  • trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I am sorry but this is totally FALSE and I hope they never, ever do this. The paladin is not a fighter with spells or even a fighter at all. Since 2e he is presented as an unique class with their own mystique. The paladin also has his own paragons (astral weapon, justiciar etc). Makes no sense at all presenting him like a "path" to a fighter. So no, thanks.

I've been playing paladin for years now and in every single D&D pc game since... well, nevermind. The sole reason why I stopped playing Neverwinter is that after leveling a cleric and a GF, I decided the game was done to me until the paladin is out. I tried leveled a GWF and a Ranger but dropped them. I love the game, but I like to play as paladins more.

I agree with @myles08807, at this point the Warlock seems to be the "locked" class since datamining presented both the and the already released Hunter Ranger since launch. My bet is that dragonborns are coming too since their data was found since last year.
    But I'd love to see 2 classes released now and thats why:
    - The new module is part of a huge midia event, spreading through game boards. It would be cool if this module was somehow more huge.
    - In D&D mythos, paladin is totally related with dragons. They are its core enemies. Sounds pretty weird to me that a module totally related with dragons having no paladins around.

NOW HERE IS SOMETHING TO CONSIDER: some paladin machanics are already INGAME! Much like you could figure the hunter ranger mechanics (at least I could) by paying attention to archers mobs, I believe the ghost paladins works pretty much like the real paladin will be implemented.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Helmite_Paladin_Ghost
    So based on this, seems that the protecting paladin will be the first one to be implemented wich makes sense since we have at the moment just ONE real tank in the game, the GF.

So no, @thegrandexeno, you are not alone there. :)

But let me put something for you guys here: I read somewhere that cryptic is planning to release 1 class on even modules, wich means 1 class per year!! Is that true??
    The paladin is always requested but based on some readings the DRUID seems to be next class (is that true?).
    If both things are true, we will only get the paladin by 2016!
    edited June 2014
    I really think the next class after warlock should have some type of healing ability. So in my opinion it should be paladin or druid.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    I dont think so. Check the Class forums, so far we have 2 only in the Barracks. The Paladin will go to the Temple along with the DC. The Druid goes to the Wilds with HR. The Warlock joins the CW and they spend many sleepless nights arguing over what's better: a fireball or a snowball. And.. Im not sure who joins the TR in the Den

Monk joins TR in Den
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    trique76 wrote: »
    I am sorry but this is totally FALSE and I hope they never, ever do this. The paladin is not a fighter with spells or even a fighter at all. Since 2e he is presented as an unique class with their own mystique. The paladin also has his own paragons (astral weapon, justiciar etc). Makes no sense at all presenting him like a "path" to a fighter. So no, thanks.

I've been playing paladin for years now and in every single D&D pc game since... well, nevermind. The sole reason why I stopped playing Neverwinter is that after leveling a cleric and a GF, I decided the game was done to me until the paladin is out. I tried leveled a GWF and a Ranger but dropped them. I love the game, but I like to play as paladins more.

I agree with @myles08807, at this point the Warlock seems to be the "locked" class since datamining presented both the and the already released Hunter Ranger since launch. My bet is that dragonborns are coming too since their data was found since last year.
    But I'd love to see 2 classes released now and thats why:
    - The new module is part of a huge midia event, spreading through game boards. It would be cool if this module was somehow more huge.
    - In D&D mythos, paladin is totally related with dragons. They are its core enemies. Sounds pretty weird to me that a module totally related with dragons having no paladins around.

NOW HERE IS SOMETHING TO CONSIDER: some paladin machanics are already INGAME! Much like you could figure the hunter ranger mechanics (at least I could) by paying attention to archers mobs, I believe the ghost paladins works pretty much like the real paladin will be implemented.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Helmite_Paladin_Ghost
    So based on this, seems that the protecting paladin will be the first one to be implemented wich makes sense since we have at the moment just ONE real tank in the game, the GF.

So no, @thegrandexeno, you are not alone there. :)

But let me put something for you guys here: I read somewhere that cryptic is planning to release 1 class on even modules, wich means 1 class per year!! Is that true??
    The paladin is always requested but based on some readings the DRUID seems to be next class (is that true?).
    If both things are true, we will only get the paladin by 2016!

Best Paladin post iv'e seen yet. Paladin should have been out day one, instead of GF. It is huge in Forgotten Realms Lore, and did we really need two version of fighter at launch? I really hope they push hard for this class as soon as possible, because I know many people that have said they will ONLY try this game IF paladin is released.
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Barbarian.. ITs one of my favourites... though if I'm honest, GWF basically IS a barbarian.. Two=handed weapons, medium armour, use the rage mechanic... and half their armour is barbarian gear.
  • daermon888daermon888 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think paladin would be best, it could use the heavy armor profession and ...at last.....

make it Worth to craft exquisite for gf/paladin...

I was shocked to see them heavy shirt go Under 100k about 10 months ago, i had to stop making them.

I pray Moradin for a new Paladin class that can heal himself, turn undead and make good use of a shield and heavy armor. :)

Gotrek Gurnisson, son of Gurni.
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to see paladin with hand weapons and shields. Traditionally they are the only class besides fighter that make use of shields. This would also leave open the possibility of barbarians being a second great weapon class in the future. If the could throw out even just a little healing that would make things less cleric dependant.
    edited June 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Best Paladin post iv'e seen yet. Paladin should have been out day one, instead of GF. It is huge in Forgotten Realms Lore, and did we really need two version of fighter at launch? I really hope they push hard for this class as soon as possible, because I know many people that have said they will ONLY try this game IF paladin is released.

Thank you very much, @thesensai! And I totally agree with you that we should have the paladin since launch.

Based on this very thread, paladins are more requested now than any other class and I am happy with that but also a little worried. I read somewhere they will release 1 class per year... I dont know if that is true, but if that is the case, seems that they are "locked" Warlock now and that the next one after that is DRUID. I know there is NO official word on that subject so far, only datamining, but hey, people were right about the ranger and they are probably right now too, at least regarding the Warlock.

I really want to now if that is any datamining point to DRUID now or where this rumor came from... Becuase that means pushing the paladin to 2 years from now at best!
    So far I keep wishing 2 things:
    1) That this rumor about 1class/year is false. This rate is absurd IMHO.
    2) That Cryptic truly release 2 classes with this new module, being one the paladin.

And if there is ONE thing this game needs the most now is classes. I keep hearing people claiming for patches and fixes but 'duh this is a MMO, developers do this all the time.
  • fdruid76fdruid76 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Paladin should have been in since day one, or at least introduced with the Dread Ring module.

What I fear about the druid is that the timing for introducing it should have been with Feywild, otherwise it's thematically a bit overlapping with the ranger. They should have launched them both together. I think Ranger is more popular in D&D/gaming lore.
    edited June 2014
    fdruid76 wrote: »
    Paladin should have been in since day one, or at least introduced with the Dread Ring module.

What I fear about the druid is that the timing for introducing it should have been with Feywild, otherwise it's thematically a bit overlapping with the ranger. They should have launched them both together. I think Ranger is more popular in D&D/gaming lore.

Good point. I always though the paladin should have been introduced since start because that would make much more sense and even add some more appeal to the game.
    - That would make 6 classes instead of 5.
    - Protecting Paladin would work better as main tank than guardian fighter (self heals), plus he would be kinda of hybrid defender/leader, leaving the fighter (the great weapon fighter that is) as the main defender.

I'd like to know about this thing regarding 1 class/year. Is this true? Source? Does anyone else think this is bad? I think that classes are one of the main reasons why people like to play D&D, most of them like to run alts (not my case).

Perhaps its just me but I'd like to see more classes add NOW perhaps in a future module all together covering the main or most important ones (Paladin, Barbarian*, Druid and Monk). From this point on, they should focus on release 1 class/year.

But please, please, consider the paladin as the most urgent class to be added!! I am not biased, the game needs another tank** class! It has plenty of dps and control.

*Agreed with @shrewguy, the GWf mechanics work close to a Barbarian in 4e although the class still exist on its own and many people like to play with "rage" and other things related to them.
    **I'd love to see the avenging paladin (2H) but I'm pretty sure he is not being considered by now. Looking at the Ghost paladin companion and the game mechanics, I am convinced they are working on the protecting paladin (sword and broad).
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the psion, mostly because of the Drow books and Kimmuriel.
    Spellscarred sounds awesome, tho they'd have to not overpower it.

Paladin, Druid and Bard seem like more Classic choices.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • solokittensolokitten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    [I haven't read every post, so if I repeat someone's words... sorry]

Many players love to see the Paladin. Although I agree it should've been there from the start, maybe implementing a "correct" Paladin would've negated the Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric to some degree and basically be a combination of GF + DC. So at this point I would rather not see it coming.

I would love to see a Druid focussed on summoning powers [Summoning creatures is loved by many many players in D&D games.], but I think it would not be viable in a game that focusses so much on [cash shop] companions.

Enter a Druid Shape Shifter. I think it would be possible, fitting, and totally awesome!
    edited June 2014
    solokitten wrote: »
    [I haven't read every post, so if I repeat someone's words... sorry]

Many players love to see the Paladin. Although I agree it should've been there from the start, maybe implementing a "correct" Paladin would've negated the Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric to some degree and basically be a combination of GF + DC. So at this point I would rather not see it coming.

Absolutely not. The DEVOTED Cleric (a build for clerics in 4 edition and brought to life in Neverwinter Online) is a ranged attack based character, a leader (there are leaders, defenders and strikers), they dont wear heavy plates and dont go melee as 3e clerics, at least not in Neverwinter. By no means the PROTECTING paladin or even less the AVENGING (2 builds from the vert same 4e) would take a cleric's place in a party because they are mostly defenders, not leaders, not responsible for healing a full party and definitely not melee.

Now we can discuss the issues between picking the paladin over the guardian fighter because they share the same "role" (defender), roll of weapons and armors, although they are totally different beasts in tableboard just like they will be here someday. But as we discussed here, it would make more sense release the paladin and NOT guardian FIGHTER since launch because we already had the great weapon FIGHTER. Paladins have their own devoted players and their presence would raise the class numbers from 4 to 5 since start. From a game design point of view and taking in consideration the Ghost Paladin companions (whose mechanics I believe will be part of the core paladin class), they would make more versatiles tanks than GF.

Again you are falling in the roll of people who thinks paladins are fighters with spells, divine spells that is by seeing them as a "GF+Cleric". And this is wrong.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    q0s7rgv.png
    That is what I found when I was checking GF updates in preview
  • nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    <3 i love it HAHAHAHAHA
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How do you parry with your feet? I totally didn't notice the warlock part.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finally, it's coming:

2akbqkg.jpg

I took it from the Neverwinter Website.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    q0s7rgv.png
    That is what I found when I was checking GF updates in preview

Was that a drop you got?
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    omg is this for real? will be getting a new class?
    If it's true I wonder how they will make it different than the CW, maybe more curses and dots? I'm not aware how do they work in tabletop DnD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.