What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

stalwart reworked

Comments

• Options
    twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Absolutely ridiculous nerf. They've completely changed how the mechanic works. I could understand a slight nerf to the power gain or something similar but this is too much. Hopefully as people provide feedback it doesn't make it to live.
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    be required to pay for the time and money invested into the enchantment removal?

If my math is correct then it will cost around $90 to remove lvl 8+ enchantments from the set. I dont know any players that created or changed this armor. So is it stealing time and money from players if the enchantments cannot be removed for free? I think so, and believe its pretty serious.

Im all for the change i think the set is overpowered and should be nerfed. Is cyptic gonna allow those players to remove there enchantments or charge them all $90 to change armor?
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Nobody is forcing you to play. But hey, it's free amirite?

/sarcasm

On a serious note, No, No and No, respectively.

What gives you the notion that they care about their playerbase? **** the customer.
  • Options
    shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think we should get a refund. I've spent $1k+ on this game and they won't see a drop more because I can't trust them to not **** me with my hard earned cash. Alienating your customers if stupid and foolish.
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think we should get a refund. I've spent $1k+ on this game and they won't see a drop more because I can't trust them to not **** me with my hard earned cash. Alienating your customers if stupid and foolish.

How does it feel to pay to win and watch it slowly slip away? Seriously, how does it feel?
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Horrible.

Nerfing a set from best in slot down to absolutely GARBAGE that no one would. I mean seriously, an extra 20 damage in a game where the TRASH monsters have 350,000 hp? WHAT!!?

OMFG.. Balance it sure. Destroying it complete after so many players have spents weeks/months or millions of AD acquiring/upgrading it? Not cool.

It's a simply set that increases your power by a percentage of your hp. If you feel it's too strong, just lower the percent down to 4% or 3%, don't destroy it entirely and alienate your playerbase that much!

If it's a "oh knows its a T1 it shouldnt be great" nonsense concern (that shouldn't matter - its a GOOD thing because it increases variety of content that players want to run, T1s hardly get run for any other reason then this set)
    But even if thats the concern, at the VERY least, change one of the garbage T2 sets into this at least. EG: High General - NO ONE uses this because how bad it is, could swap its set bonus and bam, fixed.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nobody is forcing you to play. But hey, it's free amirite?

/sarcasm

On a serious note, No, No and No, respectively.

What gives you the notion that they care about their playerbase? **** the customer.

lol. Yah i never really thought that before.. but it seems reasonable in fact nothing else makes sense. Removing enchantments from an item they changed that costs $90 is crazy to me. I can only agree if that happens that the company does not care for there player base. To me its nothing short of blatant thievery.
  • Options
    shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just speak with your wallet. Don't spend cash to support this game when the devs try to **** you like this.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well it would be thievery but unfortunately you agreed to their terms. It's not cool, but it's not thievery, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How does it feel to pay to win and watch it slowly slip away? Seriously, how does it feel?

Well $220 dollars isnt that bad since CB. Ive earned alot more through just playing the game. Are you suggesting that its a good thing when paying customers are treated so poorly?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Well $220 dollars isnt that bad since CB. Ive earned alot more through just playing the game. Are you suggesting that its a good thing when paying customers are treated so poorly?

Not at all, it's absolutely revolting.

Though in all honestly it does feel slightly rewarding to see somebody with much more disposable income than I get their comeuppance-- though they did not deserve it. That's the F2P model for you. I was genuinely curious.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, as long as the enchants can be removed for free there is no problem. But if they decide that we cant change armor without a massive investment in time and money that's just stealing were i come from. Im surprised that many in the community think its a good thing for pwe to take a purchase from a paying customer and retract it. Well, they wont get another dime from me if the enchants arent free to unbind. That goes for all players. Be aware that anything purchased with real money can just be stripped away without compensation or consequence.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, as long as the enchants can be removed for free there is no problem. But if they decide that we cant change armor without a massive investment in time and money that's just stealing were i come from. Im surprised that many in the community think its a good thing for pwe to take a purchase from a paying customer and retract it. Well, they wont get another dime from me if the enchants arent free to unbind. That goes for all players. Be aware that anything purchased with real money can just be stripped away without compensation or consequence.

But haven't you heard?! They're reducing the cost! It's "15% off" now, totally affordable bro!

What I'm trying to say (though I do not know how much cheaper it will be to remove from socket) it will absolutely not be free. AD dump has to be designed to be an AD dump.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not at all, it's absolutely revolting.

Though in all honestly it does feel slightly rewarding to see somebody with much more disposable income than I get their comeuppance-- though they did not deserve it. That's the F2P model for you. I was genuinely curious.

You mad I went to school, got a degree, and a good job? Seriously what a loser you must be to come and try to "feel better" on some forums. I supported this game because I enjoy it. Don't be mad because people are more successful than you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You mad I went to school, got a degree, and a good job? Seriously what a loser you must be to come and try to "feel better" on some forums. I supported this game because I enjoy it. Don't be mad because people are more successful than you.

I'm mad tuition costs so dang much and I had to serve in the military to get a dang education. Chill bro. I'm just a broke college student. I'm not going to argue though.

Treating customers bad is bad Mmmkay?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If thats true then the changes will only cost the players who used stalwarts.... for this specific change the enchantments must be able to be removed at no cost. As this is cryptics doing and decision. Anything else is really taking alot of time and money from players who used the set.

Heres the balance patch!.. btw, only stalwart users must pay and addition $50-$100 dollars to remove there enchantments from armor we decided to change! Thats despicable gents...
  • Options
    streea6streea6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well,considering they will not reimburse the ad used to unenchant/transmog.....my wallet is cut off from this game for good.
    Lolth Tlu Malla!!! Jal Ultrinan Xah Xundus!
  • Options
    streea6streea6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    doubt the will do anything about astral used for transmog/unenchant. No more money from me. And since I didn't learn from STO ,anything that says Cryptic on it in the future,I won't touch with a ten foot pole.
    Lolth Tlu Malla!!! Jal Ultrinan Xah Xundus!
  • Options
    theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they should just make the antiquated versions like they did the other weapons and only affect new sets. leaving the old ones as they were. I too have trans'd and dyed my set so i should have to do it all over again on another set? just seem'd they could possibly come up with another solution or buff the 2t set that no one really uses to be better then we could decide if we wanted to change and not be forced to.

just throwing it out there...i see on the AH everyone is under cutting practically giving away the set now with the up coming changes.

l8r m8s Brazz
  • Options
    pooklove1pooklove1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they should just make the antiquated versions like they did the other weapons and only affect new sets. leaving the old ones as they were. I too have trans'd and dyed my set so i should have to do it all over again on another set? just seem'd they could possibly come up with another solution or buff the 2t set that no one really uses to be better then we could decide if we wanted to change and not be forced to.

just throwing it out there...i see on the AH everyone is under cutting practically giving away the set now with the up coming changes.

l8r m8s Brazz
    Yeah I agree I spent too much in order for it to be changed now
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Its not the change to the set that bothers me... Its obviously the millions and millions of AD/real money put into it. The monetary loss is catastrophic. The enchants must be removed at no cost, and thats to say nothing of the transmutes and dye costs. This is the point not the nerf, but what they will make paying customers throw away... its brutal and about as low class an act as ive ever seen in a video game. Sooooo much time and money, essentially stolen from players who used that set. ... Unreal.
  • Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    i dont even know if crytic/PWE even thought about this? do they even have half a brain? people spent tons of AD's/ real money for this set. this is not like skill nerf change where a simple reset token would do the trick... even a kid would know the difference. unless the real goal is to screw people out of their money.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Horrible.

Nerfing a set from best in slot down to absolutely GARBAGE that no one would. I mean seriously, an extra 20 damage in a game where the TRASH monsters have 350,000 hp? WHAT!!?

OMFG.. Balance it sure. Destroying it complete after so many players have spents weeks/months or millions of AD acquiring/upgrading it? Not cool.

It's a simply set that increases your power by a percentage of your hp. If you feel it's too strong, just lower the percent down to 4% or 3%, don't destroy it entirely and alienate your playerbase that much!

If it's a "oh knows its a T1 it shouldnt be great" nonsense concern (that shouldn't matter - its a GOOD thing because it increases variety of content that players want to run, T1s hardly get run for any other reason then this set)
    But even if thats the concern, at the VERY least, change one of the garbage T2 sets into this at least. EG: High General - NO ONE uses this because how bad it is, could swap its set bonus and bam, fixed.

Well i would do the same if some set is to good just nerf the % it gives and dont change it completly. But leaving Bulwark untouched wouldn't work at all, cuz to be honest it's by FAR the best set in the game even when u compare it to other classes in terms of damage. So turn it down to like 3% would maybe be a good idea cuz it would still be very strong.
    I still dont understand ppl who are defending this set that it's not broken op cuz it is, but these changes are a joke to be honest even for a t1 set.
  • Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    Its not the change to the set that bothers me... Its obviously the millions and millions of AD/real money put into it. The monetary loss is catastrophic. The enchants must be removed at no cost, and thats to say nothing of the transmutes and dye costs. This is the point not the nerf, but what they will make paying customers throw away... its brutal and about as low class an act as ive ever seen in a video game. Sooooo much time and money, essentially stolen from players who used that set. ... Unreal.

exactly...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Essentially millions of AD stolen. They wont compensate us for the hundreds of dollars and millions of ad invested for enchantment removal and transmutes and dye packs. Just a complete torching of anyone who used the set. Not another dime to this game if the new release causes me to lose all that time and money.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    yeah no more money for them. not a dime
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    of AD spent on the stalwarts set? And what of the hundreds of dollars? What about the transmute/dye costs? This nerf to the set is not the issue. What compensation will there be for players whos used the set? Effectively this is catastrophic to players whom have been using the set and investing in it over time.

This isnt a nerf to the set,.... its a complete torching of players that used it...its a nerf on those players. A severe, expensive and brutal tax on that single group of players..
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Keep the dream alive
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    I think I am going to send this games install files to all the people I hate in life...that'll teach 'em!
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think they will do much to help people out as it would set a precedent that would cause everyone affected by such a change to expect similar help in the future when they make a similar change to something else.

However, it they did so, they would give players more confidence in playing the game, as they could expect some sort of relief if some other change in the future negatively affects a good number of players of a particular class.

At least part of the responsibility falls on them after all. They are the ones that developed an overly powerful set for a tier, and then allowed it to stay in the game a fair amount of time, resulting in a great deal of expenditure by players on that set.

As such, it would seem fair for them to soften the blow of changes to the set required due to poor design decisions on their part, so that players will feel that the company cares somewhat over the inconvenience they are inflicting on them.