Options

stalwart reworked

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    He uses stalwart. Of course.

FU JAY. I used Timeless Hero set on that kill with 246k crit AoD. Nerf Stalwart set it won't hurt me kk thanks bye.
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    womendriverslolwomendriverslol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    notbizzy wrote: »
    FU JAY. I used Timeless Hero set on that kill with 246k crit AoD. Nerf Stalwart set it won't hurt me kk thanks bye.

You're a peter poofer. Regardless of the set you use. =P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    you're a peter poofer. Regardless of the set you use. =p

You love me.
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited August 2013
    If the new feywild set was better than the old stalwart set then I would be like meh, I would have replaced it anyway, taking out my enchantments wouldnt be so bad I guess..
    But now after all this time they add in a junk new set and NOW I will need to grind a timeless set? I have sold like 10 of every piece of that **** I CBF to grind more.

Guess I am not coming back for the expansion after all. GG no RE
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Why are these people crying about gear. Wheres your skills 0_o
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
  • Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    notbizzy wrote: »
    Why are these people crying about gear. Wheres your skills 0_o

because getting your time/ad/rl money investing on a said set wasted by half *** thought nerfs is annoying, thats why.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    my pick if they nerf stalwart are
    knight capt/high general for pve (just need to add deflect accessories)
    did they lower the arpen bonus of these 2 sets? 104 and 92?

for pvp ill wait for another set
    with or without stalwart buffs i can kill any class at pvp so nerf wont affect that much
    the 4 set effect of rework is just so useless the enchants will be wasted thats why lots of players are against it or want a better version

@petpet2
    dota nerf?
    you can pick other character for free dont need to lvl it for weeks
    can change build anytime
    max lvl in less than 1 hour?
  • Options
    petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    my pick if they nerf stalwart are
    @petpet2
    dota nerf?
    you can pick other character for free dont need to lvl it for weeks
    can change build anytime
    max lvl in less than 1 hour?
    that speaks alot about your gaming skills. i'll leave that for you to figure out.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He uses stalwart. Of course.

To my surprise, when I watched that scene with that 245k AoD - lo and behold - I noted the absence of the stal stack symbol. This leaves me with the conclusion that you can achieve quite the l33t damage rolling a timeless GF as well. Sure you won't be just as tanky. But well, tell me one dungeon in the current game where you do need the stal's extra survivability. I'm talking PvE of course.

Still, this nerf makes me moarn to a fair extinct. I'm stuck with my stalwart, no pet, a fist full of AD*, r5s. Now try and find a party that wants to take you to any dungeon. Talk about vicious circle. And this is the problem. With a nerf as opposed to the general overhaul of the current set one could at least still participate quite a bit to the party's DPS and actually try and farm the timeless/GR/whatever set pieces.

(*) with the BoP change, I couldn't care less as I could imagine armor/weapons/jewelery prices skyrocketing.
  • Options
    arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still considering a high general/Knight Captain set for the 850 arpen, but I'm also strongly considering a high-general/grand regent combo that gives 880 recovery, 252 power, 2608 defense, 574 regen, and 713 deflection. This doesn't include the 450 defense and 450 arpen bonus.

This may result in defensive overkill (I'm planning on switching over to an Ancient Knight's set with even more defensive bonuses), but I thought that this would be the best way to increase regen and deflection (the HG/KC combo had recovery of 1217 which I thought was excessive, less deflection, and less regen) although the arpen bonus will be less.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If you don't care about 4pc set bonuses then it comes down to stacking as many stats as possible to maximize tanking, dps or hybrid. The good news is there are a lot of great blue and epic items that give great stats and many of them are dirt cheap. You just need to take the time and figure out how you want to play.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    To my surprise, when I watched that scene with that 245k AoD - lo and behold - I noted the absence of the stal stack symbol. This leaves me with the conclusion that you can achieve quite the l33t damage rolling a timeless GF as well. Sure you won't be just as tanky. But well, tell me one dungeon in the current game where you do need the stal's extra survivability. I'm talking PvE of course.

Still, this nerf makes me moarn to a fair extinct. I'm stuck with my stalwart, no pet, a fist full of AD*, r5s. Now try and find a party that wants to take you to any dungeon. Talk about vicious circle. And this is the problem. With a nerf as opposed to the general overhaul of the current set one could at least still participate quite a bit to the party's DPS and actually try and farm the timeless/GR/whatever set pieces.

(*) with the BoP change, I couldn't care less as I could imagine armor/weapons/jewelery prices skyrocketing.

Well, if you're not taking any dmg to keep your stal stacks up then that Stal set is worthless (im talking about min/maxing dmg here). I have tons of videos up showing me using Stal/Timeless on Draco and still topping dmg charts. If you cant line up cds then Timeless is worthless as well (that chunk of power you get from T-set is awesome tho).
    This game is not like WoW where you cant swap gear or trinkets mid combat (hint) so yeah players just needs to know when to use their cds/set gear, know how many mobs are hitting you, and know how often do you get hit by those attacks. Its not hard to trash TRs and CWs on dmg meter at all, unless they pad meter on stupid stuff (people that attacks extra mobs to make their meter look good roflmao). I can even go Perfect Vorp + Orc/Tief Racial and Str+Dex build to make my dmg look more awesome but im too lazy for that. I suppose Dkcandy can go work on it for me :-p
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bizzy - I don't know your stats but with Timeless you should be able to get around:

25+% CRT with Timeless Stacks
    24% ARP
    ~9-10k Power
    P.Vorpal

And your about capped for damage as a DPS GF.

The main issue is STAL was the only set that pushed the limits of damage but since the set no longer exists it's now just reach caps of 20-25% CRT with P.Vorpal & 24% ArP and then stacking as much power as possible. The damage difference between 7-10k power is minimal. Every 2500 power is only 100 Weapon Damage.

Your current build is most likely at around current games peak damage range.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Nah DKcandy, im talking about set bonus effects during combat. When youre not constantly taking hits for 6-10sec why even bother using Stalwart when you cant even keep your set bonus stacks up thats my point. AND how many god **** players out there actually checks their stacks for buffs. Thats why I have my char icon right near the middle so I can keep an eye on it. WTB buff tracker like in WoW.
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Got ya with the stacks. But with Knights Valor you got instant 5 stacks at start of every fight and then kept it thru entire fight plus menace was up 100% of fight for me. That's also why the set needed a nerf and I expected a nerf to the set this patch but not a complete rework making the set worthless. :(

Also I too would love to have UI Mods to change size of icons and locations, etc... Would be really nice for bosses to keep track of debuffs for max damage. :D