test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stalwart reworked

trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Stalwart Bulwark: This set has been reworked. The new effect is as follows: When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of Stalwart Bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of Stalwart Bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    you guys new this was coming the stalwarts gear was just two powerfull for a T1 armor set
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now I feel really good after buying a Helmet for 300k on the AH yesterday. This really made my day!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    phenomenal, now my GF tank will definetly be not taken on DD unless conqueror full dps
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited August 2013
    glad i just bought rank 7s and slotted them....i will not spend a dime more on this game thats for sure as of right now, my two fav classes gwf and GF getting shafted
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It went from a viable set to a bad set.

It's now a huge waste of money, for me:
    -All 4 pieces transmuted
    -Every item dyed with Winterwolf and 3/4 pieces with 2 bottles of black dye to make white trimmed black armor
    -Rank 7 Radiant and Rank 6 Dark Enchantments
    -Negation Enchantment

If this goes through, then I've wasted soooooo much money.

Edit: This just reinforces the fact that the person in charge of balance does not play this game or just hates melee. He has this mindset of: "None of their T1 or T2 sets are allowed to be useful. Instead of bringing the bad sets better into line with the good sets, they all need to be bad."
    edited August 2013
    my point exactly.....
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    it is originally a set made for tank

tried it on preview server and this is how the damage works
    20 damage per stack ( its not necrotic )
    1 stack = 20 damage its not added to your power damage
    it also works on any at wills

example my lunging strike deals 3k damage if i have 10 stack it will be 3k+ 200 damage

so all i can say is stalwart will be garbage set
    during boss fights 10 stacks is easy to gain but your guard will be broken before you can stack 10 stalwart

and the stack doesnt last long if you dont use it it will be gone around 5 secs

its still on preview so they may still change it
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    it is originally a set made for tank

tried it on preview server and this is how the damage works
    20 damage per stack ( its not necrotic )
    1 stack = 20 damage its not added to your power damage
    it also works on any at wills

example my lunging strike deals 3k damage if i have 10 stack it will be 3k+ 200 damage

so all i can say is stalwart will be garbage set
    during boss fights 10 stacks is easy to gain but your guard will be broken before you can stack 10 stalwart

and the stack doesnt last long if you dont use it it will be gone around 5 secs

its still on preview so they may still change it
    Dobt it will go back to how it was before cus that set in all honesty was basicaly a T2 set with a T1 tag on it
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why collect any set if the Devs are going to do this to BiS stuff, or is it an attempt to make no content spread a lot further by forcing players to grind out the new BiS gear!!!
  • reagan247reagan247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why collect any set if the Devs are going to do this to BiS stuff, or is it an attempt to make no content spread a lot further by forcing players to grind out the new BiS gear!!!

That's exactly what this is... it's WoW operating procedure - Add new expansion, require 'new, more powerful gear' - that way you have to sink more money into the game.
    sigpic2531278_1.gif
    If you need an account, click here to sign up.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    reagan247 wrote: »
    That's exactly what this is... it's WoW operating procedure - Add new expansion, require 'new, more powerful gear' - that way you have to sink more money into the game.

Isn't that the whole setup of MMOs though.....
  • elahra1rahelahra1rah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want my ADs back.
    (enchantments, transmut, dyes...)
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This has more repercussions than they realize, I think. Tank specced GFs will deal considerably less damage, if this goes live. Probably even less than DCs.

Not sure what I'm going to be able to do, since they're nerfing my GF and GWF so drastically.
  • di3xzjdi3xzj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just posted my tought in a post in General discussion.. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?447421-Nerf-to-Stalwart-Bulwark Feel free to share your ideas.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've lost count of reasons why I have not spent any money on this game. I have a GF alt with a full Stalwart's Set. Thank goodness I only paid AD for the helm.

Thank you, PWE, for (yet again) helping me close my wallet to you.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ANY GF with half brain knew Stalwart was OP as hell, me too have it maxed out, soulforged, rank 8s and 9s... but i always knew it was OP and would be nerfed, just switching to Timeless and go on, also transmuted all the pieces, so i will lose a million there, still losing virtual money on a free to play game... you guys must work on your life priorities and reality checks.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    stalwart is OP it deserve a nerf
    but the reworked version is just like normal set with 400 def bonus 4 set bonus is almost useless

they could just reduce the power bonus but they chose to change everything
  • phytopathphytopath Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Glad I just bought the helm earlier this week, maybe they could have nerfed it a bit but now it is useless and I am out alot of AD from buying the helm and slotting it, granted only rank 6s but also put rank 6 radiants in my defense slots.
  • cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    what a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> devs. this is not nerfing! this is a diff set altogether!!!
    have PWE resorted to this type of AD sink?!!! ive spent tons of AD on this set (appearanc & dyes) and they just change it!!! not nerf... change!!! they better refund the AD's wasted because there is not even a shadow of the former bonus in this new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> set!
  • grimaxe1grimaxe1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could the devs not made the gear Tier II or III instead of changing it?

By the way, this effects everyone who wants a tank in their group.

I voting with my wallet...later!
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Everyone who invested in the set in the last 1 week just didnt read the new boon stuff. You gain 10% of ur power as extra dmg! You can't tell me anyone would believe the set will stay the same with this kind of boon.
  • cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    ^ nerf it sure.. but this is nowhere near close to what it used to do before.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Everyone who invested in the set in the last 1 week just didnt read the new boon stuff. You gain 10% of ur power as extra dmg! You can't tell me anyone would believe the set will stay the same with this kind of boon.

Think this just a little bit more than a 10% nerf, lol!
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I mean the new boon that gives u 10% of ur power as extra dmg. Not talking about the new setbonus.
  • eigheimeigheim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is this new boon, must have missed that info ?
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was definitely overpowered and needed a nerf. Can't believe anyone didn't see that coming.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    stawart was the only decent set for GF all others do not add that much extra, i probably can tell that 80% of the GF character use or were planning to have the set, with this Cryptic is really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> GF players a lot of people has spend a lot of money in their sets and now all that money is wasted, the salvager will only give like 3% return on what most of the set fully enchanted value is, this is a huge change and probably all GF will need to respect to be able to match and use another set, i am a supporter and i was planning to buy zen on the weekend to prepare for the new content an dprepare to include the new stuff in my current build i only play one character and that is a GF so basically i will be really screwed with this.

probably GF class will completely disapear after this since without producing damage you will nto be able to hold agro, so we are going back to square one and CW and DC will generate more threat than GF and all other nerfs toavoid that will be pointless, what a nice job
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I spent a good amount of AD and slotted high ranking runes and an enchantment in mine. If there is no compensation for this massive set change I will not play my GF any more and I may not play the game period with FFXIV coming out later this month. I am most certainly not spending any more money on this game as they have proven that they will change things so drastically that anything can lose its value almost immediately. This causes me a huge loss of confidence in investing in my character.

Plain and simple, you made the wrong decision with this change...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The nerf to Stalwart is heavy, but having a Tier 1 set that is arguably BiS in many ways was always too good to be true. And when something is too good to be true in an MMO, you can pretty much guess what the Devs are going to do about it sooner or later...

Admittedly they did leave it unchanged for an idiotically long time for whatever reason, which might have convinced people that it was WAI.
  • th3ravenxth3ravenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I knew this was coming sooner or later so i worked on becoming pure tank build using Grand Regent. Guess i'll still save my full set of Stalwarts but who knows ;) lol