What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

stalwart reworked

Comments

• Options
    cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    thing is though... a lot of people would have been fine with a nerf( i think ) but this change totally makes it a useless set. thats whats not cool about it
  • Options
    jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I understand that change is part of any MMO, and I knew that my Stalwart set was too good to be true. But the changes proposed are terrible. I agree with a previous poster... reduce the amount of bonus we get from 5% to less and then leave it alone. Standing in front of a Boss and trying to get ten blocks without losing all the shield meter is terrible (possible suicide). My GF is all about block this hit, side step that hit but keep enough agro and threat so my TR buddy and DC don't get wasted in one shot. I am lucky enough to run in a guild that will let me go with them, PUG runs have always been a hopeless cause because we are seen as dead weight that any other class fills better. Now the change in this set bonus just hurts us more. I have invested in the rank #7s to get this far only to see that it may have been a waste. What should I do now? Invest in a new set and hope we don't get hit again? As I stated above the Stalwart set was too good, I am a GF I should know, but the changes are unacceptable. Think this completely through before you alienate an entire class from the game. I love playing my GF and hope the rest of us can stand up against this terrible change.
  • Options
    dildronicusdildronicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Worst move by a game developer I have ever experienced. Just take all the time, effort and money GF's spent to get their gear the way they wanted it, and steal it from them. Without even giving them a decent alternative set to waste all that time, effort and money all over again on. It's not like GF's were in super demand for dungeons any way, with this mega-nerf, the class will be considered useless dead weight.

And basically this is being done because of all the QQ'ing about GF's in PvP that doesn't belong in a DnD game in the first place?
  • Options
    avamaxxavamaxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how can you say its OP? thats not true, it will only get OP if your dealing with GF and your not geared well. besides, nerfing it will only lose the population of tanks. i doubt that the population of GF would drop after 22 patch. im a GF user, and yes stalwart really makes me play like all day. and i have used some money for it. theres no 1 on 1 PVP on this game, so stalwart wouldnt be so OP. if it happens, then they have to refund us with our AD. so we can use it on some other set. i used 3.5K zen on my set and accessories to go along with stalwart. REFUND will certainly make me feel fine.
    YOUR DOWNFALL IS MY GAIN.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do any of you understand that ANY ITEM IN THE GAME BELONGS TO CRYPTIC???? you don't own anything in there, you are playing with virtual goods that belong to them and they allow you to play with their toys, they can turn the stalwart set into a ballerina costume if they feel like it, man up alltogether! is a freaking game, switch to another set, adapt and keep playing if you have fun with the game, or buy a bicicle and go out of your mom's basements if you don't, but spare the comunity the outrage about something that was written in stone...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    Do any of you understand that ANY ITEM IN THE GAME BELONGS TO CRYPTIC???? you don't own anything in there, you are playing with virtual goods that belong to them and they allow you to play with their toys, they can turn the stalwart set into a ballerina costume if they feel like it, man up alltogether! is a freaking game, switch to another set, adapt and keep playing if you have fun with the game, or buy a bicicle and go out of your mom's basements if you don't, but spare the comunity the outrage about something that was written in stone...

how about a no.
  • Options
    jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frarii

You are right it is a game. All the virtual items belong to Cryptic. But what is of concern is the time invested to get any piece of gear to play this game to find it to be changed. In the end is it worth investing into this game that will undercut a character class set as they plan to. If your class set was changed dramatically would you not have the same concern? A damage reduction I can handle and set total change is hard to get over.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Im a maxed out Stalwart GF... i lost time and will take a good million AD(or 1,5m) to unslot enchants and soulforged, redye, retransmute the stuff... but i had fun gathering my set, i had fun playing, i will have fun this week farming the timeless hero (i had 2 full sets before and sold them) and sloting new shiny jewerly on it... its the way it is, crying about an ridiculously op stuff being nerfed or reworked is sore losing, and i hate sore losers.
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    finally, timeless is in the spot where it belongs.
    GG stalwarts and stalwartettes, huehuehue

<meme removed per RoC>
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    crying about an ridiculously op stuff being nerfed or reworked is sore losing, and i hate sore losers.
    uh oh! no one wants to offend you!
  • Options
    necrogoldnecrogold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    as far as the dyes and the looks go, all that carries over when you transmute. So you still have the looks but you lose the enchants and the cost of transmuting again. And that does suck. As far as blocking, Conqueror spec'ed gf's lose damage when we block making this new set even more total garbage for us lol.
  • Options
    psykopath32psykopath32 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im not a GF I just stumbled upon this post and it caught my eye because I know my friend uses full stalwart. Im not shocked a T1 set with the strongest set bonus in the game is getting a nerf. It would be nice however if they grand fathered in the currently owned pieces to prevent players from losing tons of AD on cryptics broken gear balance.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Im not a GF I just stumbled upon this post and it caught my eye because I know my friend uses full stalwart. Im not shocked a T1 set with the strongest set bonus in the game is getting a nerf. It would be nice however if they grand fathered in the currently owned pieces to prevent players from losing tons of AD on cryptics broken gear balance.
    this is what should happen
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think the main point is getting overlooked. The set rework is moot. The truth is that anyone who used the armor now stands to lose alot of money and resources they have accumulated over time. The fact is, its not a nerf on a set of items, rather a brutal tax on a player pool who used it. Taking money, taking time. And giving nothing back except lame reasons and excuses. This targets players.... not the actual item. ... and that gentlemen is disgraceful in every way.

Forget the changes, this is OP that isnt... pfft.. irreverent.

Players are having alot, a whole of time and money stolen. Thats the issue, and its unacceptable.
  • Options
    maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    I think the main point is getting overlooked. The set rework is moot. The truth is that anyone who used the armor now stands to lose alot of money and resources they have accumulated over time. The fact is, its not a nerf on a set of items, rather a brutal tax on a player pool who used it. Taking money, taking time. And giving nothing back except lame reasons and excuses. This targets players.... not the actual item. ... and that gentlemen is disgraceful in every way.

Forget the changes, this is OP that isnt... pfft.. irreverent.

Players are having alot, a whole of time and money stolen. Thats the issue, and its unacceptable.

And at what point dose Player responsibility become a factor in this argument the players Knew they were BUYING T1 set stronger then a T2 set they Knew the risk and possibly knew the set could or mite be nerfed
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    maxillion2 wrote: »
    And at what point dose Player responsibility become a factor in this argument the players Knew they were BUYING T1 set stronger then a T2 set they Knew the risk and possibly knew the set could or mite be nerfed

Its an item that cryptic designed, allowed to be used for months on end. Its an item crpytic is changing..... Players built around said sanctioned item for months. Players have zero responsibility here. None. This is all crpyptic. Players didnt release the item nor did they change it. Saying the users of said item should in some way be able to predict the future is silly and without merit.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Again... its a Criptic's item, belongs to them, they allow you to play with their toy, the time you have played is irrelevant, you played to have fun, they allowed you to do so, you have choosen to have fun with that particular item instead of any other because you knew it was the best one, they owe you nothing at all, they make a HUGE game (really hard to do nowadays) and try to keep it balanced and open for any style of play, stalwart's demise was a matter of time, all of us, GF, knew it, even so, we played it, maxed it, is part of the game, now, go outthere, get yourself a new set, enjoy the game, and think that you're playing, not working... i mean, if you were playing a huge solo game, and after a couple months of playing, the plot make you abbandon all your stuff... whould you cry and moan or would you try to get new stuff??? that's entirely the same... you're playing a freaking videogame!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Again... its a Criptic's item, belongs to them, they allow you to play with their toy, the time you have played is irrelevant, you played to have fun, they allowed you to do so, you have choosen to have fun with that particular item instead of any other because you knew it was the best one, they owe you nothing at all, they make a HUGE game (really hard to do nowadays) and try to keep it balanced and open for any style of play, stalwart's demise was a matter of time, all of us, GF, knew it, even so, we played it, maxed it, is part of the game, now, go outthere, get yourself a new set, enjoy the game, and think that you're playing, not working... i mean, if you were playing a huge solo game, and after a couple months of playing, the plot make you abbandon all your stuff... whould you cry and moan or would you try to get new stuff??? that's entirely the same... you're playing a freaking videogame!
    A videogame most people spent time and real money on... If you give so little value to your time and money thats fine and dandy go make a thread how rich and how worthless your time is. If you cant see the issue with this change u better have something examined mr. Though guy.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cross2112 wrote: »
    A videogame most people spent time and real money on... If you give so little value to your time and money thats fine and dandy go make a thread how rich and how worthless your time is. If you cant see the issue with this change u better have something examined mr. Though guy.

You chose to spend money on a free to play game you chose to bye a set that was a subject for a future nerf therefore you have only your self to blame for money and time wasted. you the players knew what you were spending your money on and what you were getting into getting this set. I think the only thing they should compensate you on are the enchantment you put in the actual armor if you built you toon around the armor then that's your fault not cryptics. If you turned zen into AD to get that set at High AH prices again you knew what you were getting into when you by a BiS piece of gear specially one with that powerful a set bonus.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You chose to spend money on a free to play game you chose to bye a set that was a subject for a future nerf therefore you have only your self to blame for money and time wasted. you the players knew what you were spending your money on and what you were getting into getting this set. I think the only thing they should compensate you on are the enchantment you put in the actual armor if you built you toon around the armor then that's your fault not cryptics. If you turned zen into AD to get that set at High AH prices again you knew what you were getting into when you by a BiS piece of gear specially one with that powerful a set bonus.

arent you the one who started a topic because you want your gems removed for free? so this is where you are now
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cross2112 wrote: »
    arent you the one who started a topic because you want your gems removed for free? so this is where you are now
    I didn't start this particular topic and the only Gem in stalwarts i even care about is the SF enchantment and Rank 10 radiant in it i could care less for the darks enchants that are in it. I also farmed my stalwarts instead of paying to win for the set. I did Create a Compensation thread that can be found on the second page again i stated there that at least they can give us compensation for the armor slot enchantment
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I really value my time and my money, and i feel i've been rewarded with my time and money put in this game, i received about 600 hours of entertainment out of roughly 200€, that's a bargain for me, 33c/hour of enjoyable orc slaughtering, goblin dismembering and monstars agonizing... i don't know if i'm a tough guy, i just think that some people have serious reality grasping problems, you are not "investing" as you are not expecting any profit of it, you are playing and the time/money spent is to get advantages on the game, that's all, so all you have to do is to unslot your enchants and put it on another set, nothing else! so what? is 1 million AD?? wow! big deal!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Again i am not gonna cry and complain about wasting tones of AD getting this set from the AH or unsocketing accessory's or Utility slots cause you built around this armor set. The only slots that even mater on it is the defensive and armor enchantment slot witch i can understand it being alot of AD to Unslot it but for the other **** its all on you. And i am sure most people reading the guide's telling them to get stalwarts and slot it with this that should have done there research on the armor and come to a conclusion on the set bonus weather it was two powerful and mite be a subject to nerfing before busting zen on it.
  • Options
    womendriverslolwomendriverslol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If this nerf goes through, it would feel as though I'm starting over. I don't want to start over. I won't start over. I'll start a new game. Said my peace.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    600 hours
    Well theres our problem not everyone have this much time to play the game to have tons of farm to get enough AD to just but any replacement they have in a blink of an eye. Some people have little playtime(or just prefer to do other things) and for those people getting AD to complete the set and tweak it to the way they like could have taken days, weeks and to some even months, and to tell them to just accept it, to let their time, ad and for some real money go to waste just because YOU can is audacious. People dont care if you think this is just a game and you own nothing. But people in general dont want to get screwed over when they invested time and money on something.

I dont mind other people who agrees with the nerf as long as they say their piece and thats it... Im having a hard time letting yours pass though just because you think all people should think and do things like you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Uhmmm... well you are still missing the point, its not things are like they are because i say so, people dont own anything in the game because the contract you accept to play it says so, also says that even the stuff you "purchase" is nothing but a loan, you are just using criptic's toys, so if you get attached to the toys instead of the game, you're doing something wrong, the same goes for "investing" like there is some sort of economic profit, in a game where you can get from lvl 1 to maxed gear 60 in a week, there is no room for investment, you cant sell the stuff to goldsellers, you can't auction toons or accounts... so there is no "investment", so at the end of the day, if you choose to spend money/time is to HAVE FUN, to play a game, that's it... and that wont change for 1 nerf, 10 nerfs or 100 nerfs, if you played and used real life money to upgrade your toon its because you had fun with it, the same goes for any other toon or set, nerfs are linked together with MMOs nature.
    I can understand the frustration of the annoyance... but the reality is that a complete knights captain set is worth 50k, a complete grand regent about 200k and a full timeless hero, after a couple of days, when the market manipulators stop buying all the pieces, will be again on 500k, its just a day/week/2 weeks of 1 hour daily play... and the difference from stalwart to any other set is only dps, nothing else! you will be still tanky, you will still good on AoE dps, you will have the exact gaming experience in any set you choose to play with...
    I'm bothered with the outrage, the baseless bashing, the doom & gloom...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well least now youve calmed down. Frarii i cant speak in behalf of others but this is the issue for me... Okay you say we still tanky we still do good aoe dps (only with timeless now since they throwing stalwart users under a bus) okay we can change sets as you say but it doesnt change the fact that we fot our time and money screwed over with this change and you cant blame people for getting upset... And these post will continue because i dont think any sane person will take getting screwed over lying down(unless they into that sort of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>).
  • Options
    blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    is this still Open Beta?
    Its what i feel about this ridiculous change...
    Having to farm a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> T1 dungeon that is more difficult (in pugs) than most of the T2 ones for 2 months for completing my set, after spending obscene amount of AD on rank 7/8 gems and in a Soulforge enchant, you are going to destroy it?

This is not a simple set nerf.... this is wiping clean the progress of most GF players... so this is still beta for a move like this?

its like they are saying that:" hey did you spend time and money playing our game?AHAHAH...
    we went to the bathroom and had a piece of **** idea, so now all your time and money is wasted, we are not simply nerfing the items you have, we are ****ting on all your progress and invested time in our game" who cares that you farmed the set for months, who cares if you spent all the AD you have earned since the start of OB in gems/dyes/transmog/enchants...
    Start over and be aware that we still dont give a **** about player progress, gogo buy more zen from us or spend 2 more months tryng to substitute all the gems/enchants/dyes/transmog you have farmed before... we dont know what we are doing , so we dont give a ****.... "
    maybe this is the final nail on the coffin for me, people on cryptic and pwe keep shooting themselfes on the feet...
    i understand that the set is too good and needed a tweak full not a full rework , this is not open beta anymore , where you can change whatever you want... this is the game, we are 3 or more months into it and this move will just destroy any progress most Gf's have made...
    and before nerfing the most used set, give us alternatives, since every other GF set sucks
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    blindsyn1 wrote: »
    is this still Open Beta?
    Its what i feel about this ridiculous change...
    Having to farm a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> T1 dungeon that is more difficult (in pugs) than most of the T2 ones for 2 months for completing my set, after spending obscene amount of AD on rank 7/8 gems and in a Soulforge enchant, you are going to destroy it?

This is not a simple set nerf.... this is wiping clean the progress of most GF players... so this is still beta for a move like this?

its like they are saying that:" hey did you spend time and money playing our game?AHAHAH...
    we went to the bathroom and had a piece of **** idea, so now all your time and money is wasted, we are not simply nerfing the items you have, we are ****ting on all your progress and invested time in our game" who cares that you farmed the set for months, who cares if you spent all the AD you have earned since the start of OB in gems/dyes/transmog/enchants...
    Start over and be aware that we still dont give a **** about player progress, gogo buy more zen from us or spend 2 more months tryng to substitute all the gems/enchants/dyes/transmog you have farmed before... we dont know what we are doing , so we dont give a ****.... "
    maybe this is the final nail on the coffin for me, people on cryptic and pwe keep shooting themselfes on the feet...
    i understand that the set is too good and needed a tweak full not a full rework , this is not open beta anymore , where you can change whatever you want... this is the game, we are 3 or more months into it and this move will just destroy any progress most Gf's have made...
    and before nerfing the most used set, give us alternatives, since every other GF set sucks

Timeless Grand Regent High General are you alternative if you wanna do dmg Timeless Tank Grand Support High Gen. You cant do all three in 1 T1 set any more you have to pick now witch is how its should be. I swear if one set was the end all be all for GF and it was a T1 set it needed to be obliterated maby you kids will learn how to actually play your class now instead of piggy backing on a armor set to carry you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Timeless Grand Regent High General are you alternative if you wanna do dmg Timeless Tank Grand Support High Gen. You cant do all three in 1 T1 set any more you have to pick now witch is how its should be. I swear if one set was the end all be all for GF and it was a T1 set it needed to be obliterated maby you kids will learn how to actually play your class now instead of piggy backing on a armor set to carry you.
    Change it to t2 then if some people are super attached to what number comes after "T" and it wasnt the only option. Theres timeless its a choice of either burst or sustained dmg... Most class anyways only have one or two set that would be considered best of the best. So whats the diff?