What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• lenorian1lenorian1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter! :)

~The Neverwinter Team
    Nice, could with that you guys release new class? or just balance the old ones? if not release new class why this mistery about new class? well i am excited to see what comes out
  • jstallard2012jstallard2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to the updates!
  • velkkorvelkkor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Definitely great news, BUT, its too late unfortunately.

How is it too late? This is an Open Beta, not release. This is the time when these things are *supposed* to be identified and tweaked.

Would you react the same if you'd just read about how <insert game mechanic> was going to work prior to release, and then a month before it came out it was changed? Sorry, too late. ;)
  • elchupacabreelchupacabre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about doing simple things first like removing the companion cap from 15-30 ? my level 15 cleric is useless in anything over level 40.

I do love the game though sorry for the pissy post in advance
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-mhmmm-is-there-more-317a69.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    surprised-rainbow-face.png
  • rushnorrushnor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    fordraine wrote: »
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I am excited :D

Whats so exciting?
  • proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    My body is ready.
  • axlefgkaxlefgk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this patch better fix the pvp bug and add balanced team queues so that a 5 man pug doesn't get thrown against a super organized 5 man group, because it sucks for both sides.
  • bnaude65bnaude65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    velkkor wrote: »
    How is it too late? This is an Open Beta, not release. This is the time when these things are *supposed* to be identified and tweaked.

Would you react the same if you'd just read about how <insert game mechanic> was going to work prior to release, and then a month before it came out it was changed? Sorry, too late. ;)

If they are charging money for anything related to the game, it is not beta. Such a misuse of the term. What you are experiencing is a soft launch. Get over the beta misnomer.
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Great job guys, faster than I expected. A big "good job" from myself.

To all those people that are like "too late", are. you. effing. kidding me? I mean, really? Too late to add interesting stuff that weren't even mentioned? Too late to add a new class (hopefully), just one month after the release? Get back to your holes, there are other MMOs for you. Cryptic owes you nothing, and neither do all the forum users that have to put up with you.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lets hope that this patch won't make some skills useless and power reset won't be necessary
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <Mind Blown>

/10mindblownchars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stuffedlobsterstuffedlobster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Super excited to see how the balances work out, my first 60 was a Guardian Fighter. Since tanking is not a viable role in this game, at this moment, he is fairly useless until decked out in the correct gear to achieve high damage, and most groups will not take a Guardian Fighter because of this. So I made a Control Wizard which is now 60 as well and a lot of fun to play. But I must say I am nervous that I will have to spend yet another $12 dollars to respec both characters, or at least 310k AD. I already paid to respec my Guardian to straight damage role, because of the imbalance in the game, and my Control Wizard because certain feats are broken right now.

So, I would like to state how appreciative I would be if you give us respec tokens. I have put over a week of playtime into the game across both characters, and had a lot of frustration with imbalances thus far. I really appreciate all the notifications via Facebook and threads, and the acknowledgement of broken things, but it will be a crying shame if we are expected to pay money due to balancing that we have no control over.

Thanks!!
    p.s. I really enjoy the game! Keep it up!! <3
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very happy to see this.
  • pirate3456pirate3456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the mounts you guys have at the zen market and plan to be purchasing one soon!! I hope you guys release more mounts in the near future.
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!"

Please tell me you're not nerfing the rogue's damage!
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pirate3456 wrote: »
    I love the mounts you guys have at the zen market and plan to be purchasing one soon!! I hope you guys release more mounts in the near future.
    I was hoping to buy 1 slot for additional character for 250 instead I have to buy 2 for 500, also I would prefer more fashion items
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Very much looking forward to this.

However, if you are making sweeping changes to mechanics, ONE free respec seems fair. I've no problem with charging for respecs in general, but if you change the numbers after people have made their build, one chance to redo to take advantage of those changes is a reasonable request.
  • theteddylewistheteddylewis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys, you're awesome!
    Arcane Knights of Waterdeep
    http://akow-neverwinter.enjin.com/home

Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherf****r!
  • lappdancerlappdancer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds good, we'll see how it is implemented.

And yeah, there needs to be free respec tokens with this.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shocked.png
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need dem patch notes now pl0x
  • stuffedlobsterstuffedlobster Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Very much looking forward to this.

However, if you are making sweeping changes to mechanics, ONE free respec seems fair. I've no problem with charging for respecs in general, but if you change the numbers after people have made their build, one chance to redo to take advantage of those changes is a reasonable request.

Completely agree, paying to respec to optimize your character is one thing, but paying to respec because the build you already paid to have is drastically changed is a whole different story. (Assuming the changes will be drastic based on post :P)
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ikapamk wrote: »

Please tell me you're not nerfing the rogue's damage!
    Well duh it doesn't take a genesis to know that what it means. I bet that all they be doing.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

Very appropriate question. I hope they will at least have some easy path for many of us to respec, as I'm sure a large percentage of players will definitely need to do some re-tweaking. Skills/paths that you passed on the 1st time around, might be worth having, skills that you kept because of no better choice, you may wish to dump, etc... and honestly, what better way to know if the rebalancing worked than letting the community tweak out all the new found potential, and see how it goes?

Maybe a sale or special quest for respec'ers? :D

Thanks for the great news, the update does sound AWESOME!
  • ichikuraichikura Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

^ even if they allow it to be bought at a discounted price or with AD's this would be a great idea
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ichikura wrote: »
    ^ even if they allow it to be bought at a discounted price or with AD's this would be a great idea

No. No compromises. If they're making big changes to the classes, they need to give out free respecs, end of story.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • olvanatorolvanator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And not a single date was given.

No offense, but I also have Christmas vacation 'on the way' as well.

Thanks for the update though - it's good to see 'what' is being worked on, even if we don't know 'when' it will be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.