test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• Options
    kadeikadei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No no no and no, i have x2 lvl 60 gf and tr i lvl them with quest ,cryptic can check it, not fair because there are ppl using this exploit i have to pay a wipe because them, i didnt use this exploit so im not scared about bans
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    of course it has, only thing happened is maybe the people doing it back when this started quit because they've already made enough money from it and hence decided to make it public.

Wipe with complete zen refund.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    frozenxile wrote: »
    1) Complete Wipe
    I am assuming this will have support from those who are not far progressed, don't have full epic dungeon gear, don't have level 20 professions or haven't purchased Zen. I personally will not return to Neverwinter if my level 60 GWF is wiped out, along with all the AD and effort I put into it. I think it's safe to assume there will be an exodus of legitimate hardcore players that will never return to this game if this option is fired.

2) Rollback
    Best case scenario they can track all the parties that exploited the negative currency bug on the AH and permanently ban them, and do a selective rollback on characters / accounts that received AD from those characters in any way shape or form (including legitimate users that sold overpriced things on the AH to the wealthy exploiters). I think that will solve the economic disaster at the cost of inconveniencing a percentage of the playerbase.

A full rollback for a day or two is acceptable as a last resort, and will have much less of a negative outcome than a complete wipe, although I'm sure many players that lose levels as a result will quit.

Ultimately, the longer they keep this game up, the more damage a rollback will cause. They should have taken the game down hours ago while they plot a course of action, instead the game is less and less likely to be salvaged the more seconds that tick by here.

You like this game. You typed out a response.

You want to keep your gear and spend your time on empty or low pop server?

It took you less than 1 month to rattle off all you accomplished. Do it again since you like the game.

The damage to the economy started days ago....like day 1 of open beta.
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it has been happening on dragon server for a while now. kept seeing -time and -bids on many crafting/profession items. Someone in my guild complained that he only got 1 ad for an uncommon tailor he swore he put up for 50k etc etc. It's been going on for a while but people were more interested in the Guardian 1shot exploits and farming pirates and stuff.
  • Options
    crescent80crescent80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and maybe after the wipe, fix the treath issue
  • Options
    kililolkililol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too many exploits , ruin this game , need wipe or this game will never had any sucess
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long time forumites know, I like polls! This one stays, for now. If it gets out of hand though, it will need to go to.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    struyk12345struyk12345 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done with this game if they don't wipe it, to many exploits already
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    You like this game. You typed out a response.

You want to keep your gear and spend your time on empty or low pop server?

It took you less than 1 month to rattle off all you accomplished. Do it again since you like the game.

The damage to the economy started days ago....like day 1 of open beta.

Well said to be honest. At the end of the day, the goal will have to be to ensure the longevity of the game, no matter what. Because i honestly don't think ANY ONE will want to play an MMO completely alone?
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long time forumites know, I like polls! This one stays, for now. If it gets out of hand though, it will need to go to.

Thank you aandre. You heard him guys, please keep this civilized and constructive.

Edit: Also aandre, mind fixing the title? I failed at grammar :(
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    There has been way too many exploits (LIKE WAY TOOO MANY) and for me this is the final straw. If they do not wipe and give back zen etc all refunded, guess it is on to another game for me :(
  • Options
    phillight86phillight86 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

we just whant/need a official statement to all this stuff and what is planned 4 the future...
    i logged off 4 now and i dunno if it worth to log back soon...
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    There is no way to solve this without pissing off people.

If it was my call, I'd bring the servers down, survey the damage and make the call on the rollback. If I had to rollback the server, I would give every account a "We ****ed up and we're sorry" package consisting of a free bag, character slot and respec token. I'd then go about wiping clean every single account that created a negative bid, and I'd permanently ban any account that did it consistently. And I'd ban the accounts entirely, for every single PWE/Cryptic game.

After the fall out, I'd see who's left actually playing the game and rebuild from there.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 60 with a GS of around 9k and i wouldnt give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if they wiped the servers clean now; the fact is that people are sitting with 15k GS and handing out AD all over the place, the economy is ruined and people who have played fair are the ones who are shafted.

There is no way to fix this mess without a wipe or creating a new server and offering founders items back to those that choose to move.
  • Options
    d4rkn3ss81d4rkn3ss81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its ok for wipe if they could give back the 33 hours of my life i put into this game hehe...
  • Options
    jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes full wipe with refund of founder AD and zen spent, easiest quickest solution. People that won a nightmare mount or two will just have to bite the bullet and any profit made at least you will receive your founder AD and zen back which legally is all the company is responsible for, the rest is virtual goods owned by the developer, it's for the best of everyone and the long term health of this great game.
  • Options
    zachlaudonzachlaudon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imo just rollback. I spent way too much time building my cleric to just let it all go to waste. Either way, a lot of people will be frustrated and leave.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback 24 hours minimum....cos a WIPE is just not gonan happen....never has never will.

A roll back however HAS happened(In pwe history) and is a FEASIBLE solution to minimize damage.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    games too invested as is, ban the accounts, hunt down the mules, middle mans, the works. If the ecos that ruined after merging all 3 shards into one, make a second shard.
  • Options
    phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    coanunn wrote: »
    Bring on the wipe, but leave the bans in place.

Logic!

Lets wipe the game clean (I'm for that)

Lets ban the people that exploited (ok)

Here is some logic for you:

If we go to a complete wipe, and you ban the people that exploited....Do they just not start a new account, and start over fresh and clean? What is the purpose of wipe and ban? That's completely stupid LOL
  • Options
    stexke01stexke01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People who are up for a reroll cleary dont have clue, exploits have been around sinds the open beta came out, to much harm has been done, a full wipe is the only option..
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm game for a full wipe. Right now there are a ton of people on Mindflayer trying to pawn off dozens of T2 gear and cats for something like 20 gold.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    phigmnent wrote: »
    Logic!

Lets wipe the game clean (I'm for that)

Lets ban the people that exploited (ok)

Here is some logic for you:

If we go to a complete wipe, and you ban the people that exploited....Do they just not start a new account, and start over fresh and clean? What is the purpose of wipe and ban? That's completely stupid LOL

Because they will have added a fix for the exploit and those banned can no longer ruin the economy - there is too much AD in game now and people who havent exploited and paid real cash for zen are shafted.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I could live with the previous exploit , since I was no where near 60 it didn't effect me and would of fixed it self eventually. But unlimited AD ? That might never get fixed by itself .
    So pick a new ' launch ' date and give me my 5 day head start and I'll be happy . I'm thinking June 30th . Plenty of time to fix some stuff .
    They complain about the current D3 exploit , but really very few people still played after the auction house exploit at launch . Sound familiar ? I know I left . Months later I went back and still only play HC , no real money auction house for HC . And I play very little , and not since NW launched .
    You will lose some players no matter what you do . What you have to decide is what players do you want to keep ? Shut it down and relaunch and I think you will keep a better base of players . At least that's the group I'll be in .
  • Options
    phigmnentphigmnent Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    stexke01 wrote: »
    People who are up for a reroll cleary dont have clue, exploits have been around sinds the open beta came out, to much harm has been done, a full wipe is the only option..

Exactly...And I'm certain (similar to what happened in other games), the people that knew of this "trick" learned it in "closed beta", it just made it to the forums recently, which is what the big up roar is about
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Between the Tank One Shot Everything in Castle Never loot train, the Pirate King FarmFest, and now this AH exploit, I can only say this.
    I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    vellosanvellosan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add a new server after the beta is finished that is separate from the others.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - We're on top of this and will post more details here as they become available. We have a team of engineers investigating issues on the log side, and also working to deploy a fix that will allow up to bring Gateway and the Astral Diamond exchange up again.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe the servers, refund zen, and founder packs. Start over with the 5 day early and 3 day early head starts. Keep the foundry missions in place.

This is the only way to balance out the economy and gear in the game now that this has been allowed to go on for so long.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - We're on top of this and will post more details here as they become available. We have a team of engineers investigating issues on the log side, and also working to deploy a fix that will allow up to bring Gateway and the Astral Diamond exchange up again.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?262972-Astral-Diamond-Exchange-and-Gateway-Offline

1. OMG an admin saw the poll.
    2. OMG an admin saw the poll and it isnt locked yet!