test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• rawguttsrawgutts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I would go with the perform server wipes for security reasons then refund all zen that has been used and then reset the founders pack stuff.
  • soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best solution IMO is a complete wipe, Zen purchases refunded. Exploiting accounts permabanned. Game fixed.
    To address the character situation, PW could restore all characters to level 1 but then give an xp boost to ease the releveling process, up to the level that the character was at before the wipe.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    rawgutts wrote: »
    I would go with the perform server wipes for security reasons then refund all zen that has been used and then reset the founders pack stuff.

How do you reset a 5 and 3 day headstart ?
  • midnightrider55midnightrider55 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    If they wipe servers people are saying they won't play anymore.
    So wipe away, because not playing a game you can't get your time invested in back, makes no sense.
    This has screwed the game totally and ruined it.
    So you have lost that time invested already.
    Playing another game won't get the time back, leaving the game as it is, won't get your time back wasted.
    I wish people would think outside of the box before throwing there toys out of their pram.
    The only way they can fix this, imo, is refund people's zen they have bought, make a rollback by 24hrs (where the exploit got out of hand) start a new server and let people start again if they want.
    Those who want to continue on the broken servers can, but the majority I am guessing would want to start again.
    At least it gives us the players a choice of what's to happen.
    It would be the same as a wipe, but not cause as much damage imo.

You do realize their goal was to merge everyone to one server right? Opening a new one won't do anything.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize their goal was to merge everyone to one server right? Opening a new one won't do anything.

Yes it does, merging 3 broken servers into one broken server won't do anything.
    Making a new one and giving people the choice of starting again on a fresh one where it hasn't been exploited and ruined is a fix.

Those who don't want a wipe, still get to keep there characters on the other servers (even if its one big one)
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gridwarden wrote: »
    "Once the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's hard to get it back in."

I'm in favor of a wipe, but give the founders bonus AD for every day of early access they paid for.
    I think they should change the AD "gift" to some ZEN instead.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A rollback is enough for now. If people know there will be a char wipe, they won't report exploits and will wait for the official launch to exploit. Then a wipe could happen, even if i don't like this idea.
  • sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    Suffer? It's a game.

It IS a game. Played any real life sport games in your life? Why do you do those? For fun!

I've seen your trollposts on the entire first page but I'll try to give you a decent response.

All the stuff I do in life is because I enjoy them or have to. I suffer if something bad happens while it's not my fault at all. Therefore they make me suffer in this game by giving a complete wipe. I hope you play this game for fun, just like you would any real sportsgame. If a referee makes a really bad call mid-season that destroys all your fun, wouldn't you suffer if you lost all the points you've gained in matches before? You'd basically have to play the entire season again. I do take into consideration that the game is beta and has only been out for 3 weeks, but that does NOT exclude the fact that this should've never happened.

As I said though, I'll wipe, if it's helpfull to create a long-term gaming enviroment.
  • leonafireheadleonafirehead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly doubt they will wipe the servers - that would drive too many players away. I certainyl would think twice before leveling up again.
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    id rather they just claim beta & start all over & ban. less instant lvl 60s better economy more balance... the game is fun, ill still play.
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    screw all those whiners...
    its still a **** beta, get over it.

you have ****ed up your game so badly - now deal with it.

i say; wipe everything!. start anew and this time do it the right way. learn from your mistakes..
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you start a new server and give people the choice of starting on it, then you give founders the head start over the others.
    So they still get the benefit over those who didnt.
    It's a simple solution that keeps all happy.
    edited May 2013
    Double post
  • psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe? no thanks!
    is the Cryptic guys job to hunt the worms and fix the bugs :)
    :)
  • psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -double post

they should make something with the forums.. they move like...
    :)
  • flirnoflirno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete wipe.

Ban appropriate accounts.

Reinitialize founder pack resources to appropriate unbanned accounts.

Refund all zen purchases with chargebacks and other methods.
  • v1spockv1spock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I have read, the exploit that caused the AH/ZEN market shutdown has been going on for weeks. But became widespread in last 24 hours. If it has been going on this long then the currency base is already damaged to much. I have 5 characters ranging from level 15 to 36. I also have been extremely active in Professions and have 4 characters up to lvl 8 in Leadership and realize the work involved in getting back there. All that said, I am in favor of a full wipe with fully instituted lifetime bans for anyone found to use ANY exploit since Open Beta started. And this is to be carried out after the exploits have been found and fixed.

Even if they have to shutdown the game for a while, the Neverwinter lovers will return. The exploiters will move on to their next ill-gotten gain. It will make for a much more enjoyable gaming experience.
    Live long and prosper
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    All the stuff I do in life is because I enjoy them or have to. I suffer if something bad happens while it's not my fault at all. Therefore they make me suffer in this game by giving a complete wipe.
    I think his point is you are overreacting. you should be annoyed or frustrated, not SUFFERING. You SUFFER when you have cancer. you SUFFER when your spouse dies. you SUFFER when you are thrown into a gulag. You have to be a whining entitled child with no perspective in life to SUFFER from such minor first-world problems such as a character while.
  • panzer88panzer88 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    + complete wipe with bans.
    Paid $60 for the SP, but it would be easy as sin to get back to where I was or better considering I know where to go, what to spec in and how to farm. It's the only solution to this clusterpluck of exploitation.
    I also hope they hire some people who can code an auction house competently. It will be needed once it goes back up.
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    psych0zer wrote: »
    wipe? no thanks!
    is the Cryptic guys job to hunt the worms and fix the bugs :)

No, its in fact our job to hunt the worms (beta...) and Cryptics job to fix the bugs but instead players use this "worms" for their own good as long as they can.
  • kumarwhitecastlekumarwhitecastle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brain Bugs? I mean server wipes? Frankly, I find the idea of a server wipe offensive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKk4Cq56d1Y

Starship Troopers anyone?
  • whitemanewhitemane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think they should wipe and potentially give people a token to restore a characters to what ever level bracket i.e. 10 20 .. would fix the economy and no wipe out peoples time completely anyways.
  • arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic is in a tight spot here. The game, and more to the point the cash shop, have been online far too long to even consider a wipe -- unless they see suicide as an acceptable solution. If they credit zen purchases to our accounts or even do a real refund, the damage will be done. Chargebacks will be the order of the day. After all, most people didn't exploit. If everyone gets boned by this equally, fewer people will be willing to come back, and the negative buzz will keep some potential new blood away.

Time might heal that wound but never completely. No one in their right mind would hand over money and time to a company that solves problems with nuclear weapons.
  • shadows1313shadows1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why should fair ppl tht spent tons of time on this game improving their chars pay for some lowlife tards tht cheat in the game, abused all possible glitches etc? Simply track down and permaban those tards and take out from game's economy all the currency tht was gotten from glitches/bugs including gear bought with it and such. If they do full wipe i dont think many ppl will be willing to waste another few weeks to lvl again their chars , get they hard earned gear bk and stuff like tht. Plus wht guarantees u have that this wont happen again even if they wipe servers clean? NONE! So wht... ppl waste another few weeks of their lives lvling,getting gear etc till a bunch of tards find another glitch and abuse it again. Thn what?! Oh i know... lets wipe servers again!
    Wipe of servers doesnt fix the problem for real.. it just seems like it does. Fixing bugs/glitches found asap and permabanning any ppl tht abused from it even a bit is the solution.
  • kumarwhitecastlekumarwhitecastle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :cool: oops missed that
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People who have made a fair chunk playing legitimately want a rollback. People who are still poor want a wipe. People who abuse, well, they don't want **** to happen.
  • x5hadesx5hades Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe all assets everything, amour,weapons, crafting assets, bags you name it!

Refund all legit paid for with real money ZEN.

Keep levels gained.

Insert a NPC that gives out stock amour and weapons at your level for free that is bound on pickup.

This gets rid of all ill gotten gains without rolling back levels. (keep crafting levels)
  • drezsdrezs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WIPE!!! Agree about zen refund for PWE accounts.
  • coryb77coryb77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My friends and I only play story content and dungeons so I don't care about some crappy in game economy or exploiters. They don't effect me or stop me from enjoying the game. So I voted something else and that something else is to do nothing.
  • xyloctorxyloctor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013