test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on the matter, share your opinion please.

Moderator response on page #2
As long time forumites know, I like polls! This one stays, for now. If it gets out of hand though, it will need to go to.

So please keep it constructive guys.

Update #2: A complete wipe would only be beneficial AFTER fixing all the bugs and issues, of course. Maybe this could be done when the game is officially released and not in a 'beta' status? We are here to iron out all of this bad stuff any way, right?

Update #3: Please don't bother posting here if you're going to be rude or just troll, it's pointless and a waste of time.
Post edited by kajakeen on

Comments

• Options
    scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server wipe. There has been too many exploits....... not to mention GF set bugs
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban everyone involved. Hunt down and kill the extra AD.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Bring on the wipe, but leave the bans in place.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    zraaxzraax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete wipe. No 3-day bans, make them permanent.
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WIPE! with purchased zen refund (as fresh zen) into our accounts.
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Fix the current exploits
    -Make a new shard
    (-Wait for the next exploits)
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban everyone playing the game! It's the only way to be sure!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »
    Ban everyone playing the game! It's the only way to be sure!

You may be on to something here...

Also, those voting something else, please specify what that could be!
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Seriously what else can you do then full wipe?
    By handing out the 72h bans to previous exploiters, it was same as saying exploiting is allowed. Now it just hit PWE back double time by inflating their cash shop.

But to be honest, i dont really care anymore. Without a wipe the game is not worth playing. With wipe, im not sure if i bother leveling a new character anymore.
  • Options
    frozenxilefrozenxile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Complete Wipe
    I am assuming this will have support from those who are not far progressed, don't have full epic dungeon gear, don't have level 20 professions or haven't purchased Zen. I personally will not return to Neverwinter if my level 60 GWF is wiped out, along with all the AD and effort I put into it. I think it's safe to assume there will be an exodus of legitimate hardcore players that will never return to this game if this option is fired.

2) Rollback
    Best case scenario they can track all the parties that exploited the negative currency bug on the AH and permanently ban them, and do a selective rollback on characters / accounts that received AD from those characters in any way shape or form (including legitimate users that sold overpriced things on the AH to the wealthy exploiters). I think that will solve the economic disaster at the cost of inconveniencing a percentage of the playerbase.

A full rollback for a day or two is acceptable as a last resort, and will have much less of a negative outcome than a complete wipe, although I'm sure many players that lose levels as a result will quit.

Ultimately, the longer they keep this game up, the more damage a rollback will cause. They should have taken the game down hours ago while they plot a course of action, instead the game is less and less likely to be salvaged the more seconds that tick by here.
  • Options
    gimpylosergimpyloser Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent $70 on zen and have no regrets about it. However, if a full wipe was done, I wouldn't reroll. Of course it is all a mute point because there won't be a wipe. They already said they wouldn't wipe and because they did, millions of dollars of zen was purchased. They can and will fix it, but it won't be by wiping.
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bans and rollbacks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orioxthegorioxtheg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most people at this point want a wipe (look at the poll results). They are going to lose players no matter what they do because of their huge mistakes, but they will lose more players without a wipe than with one.
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how in the world has your poll not been locked yet? mine was exactly the same thing posted 30 minutes ago and it got locked in 2 minutes
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    frozenxile wrote: »
    1) Complete Wipe
    I am assuming this will have support from those who are not far progressed, don't have full epic dungeon gear, don't have level 20 professions or haven't purchased Zen. I personally will not return to Neverwinter if my level 60 GWF is wiped out, along with all the AD and effort I put into it. I think it's safe to assume there will be an exodus of legitimate hardcore players that will never return to this game if this option is fired.

2) Rollback
    Best case scenario they can track all the parties that exploited the negative currency bug on the AH and permanently ban them, and do a selective rollback on characters / accounts that received AD from those characters in any way shape or form (including legitimate users that sold overpriced things on the AH to the wealthy exploiters). I think that will solve the economic disaster at the cost of inconveniencing a percentage of the playerbase.

A full rollback for a day or two is acceptable as a last resort, and will have much less of a negative outcome than a complete wipe, although I'm sure many players that lose levels as a result will quit.

Ultimately, the longer they keep this game up, the more damage a rollback will cause. They should have taken the game down hours ago while they plot a course of action, instead the game is less and less likely to be salvaged the more seconds that tick by here.

I have 3 fully geared (T2) characters now, and i honestly wouldn't mind a full wipe. Rather now than 6 months or a year down the road. (Although i doubt the game will survive that long with the damage done to the game at this point)
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i mean.. would 72 hours be enough as a rollback ? Do we know that the exploits start it out in 72 hours ago ?
  • Options
    phillight86phillight86 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    a "friend" told me he used the ah exploit with the gateway since he know of it... was over a weak ago. so.... a simply "rollback" of 1-2 days wont fix it all.

its only PUPLIC since 2 days

but was used many days longer...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dystarr wrote: »
    how in the world has your poll not been locked yet? mine was exactly the same thing posted 30 minutes ago and it got locked in 2 minutes

Oh sorry, i didn't see it in time then :(

I guess my mom was right, i am special?
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make a new server
  • Options
    orioxthegorioxtheg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exploits started the first hour this game went into open beta. 1 million damage exploits to 1 shot all bosses. farming T2 bosses without needing to redo the dungeon. AH exploits. You name it. The only rollback that will "fix" things is if they rollback to April 25th.
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kajakeen wrote: »
    Oh sorry, i didn't see it in time then :(

I guess my mom was right, i am special?

darn right you are! WIPE THE PLANET!
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    Rollback to day 1 when only few people knew about AH bug.
  • Options
    phillight86phillight86 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »

yes only few new it but u can see, damage happens since OB starts... so when cryptic says: no wipes... this game is NOW realy done....
  • Options
    metrynmetryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they should do a 24-48 hour rollback on character/items to take care of the mass of cheap items being sold right now for gold and the drastic change in values since yesterday.

Then they should wipe ALL of the astral diamonds in the game. The founders get their start bonus, those who have bought zen with real money get their zen back, f2p didn't put anything in, so they are SOL. This will reset the market to early values without losing character progression. This has a side bonus of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over all the gold sellers. I have only spent $10 on zen, the other 2 mil (not counting my items) has come strictly from AH trading/flipping. So I'd stand to lose my AD this way too.

It sucks, but I think it is the best way.
  • Options
    arnonmorarnonmor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe wipe wipe wipe, rl zen back tou our accounts perm ban to all the exploiters.
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    WIPE! with purchased zen refund (as fresh zen) into our accounts.

This will do nicely, and please add a few perma bans in there too.
  • Options
    yuuxuuyuuxuu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bring on the wipe, but leave the bans in place.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes only few new it but u can see, damage happens since OB starts... so when cryptic says: no wipes... this game is NOW realy done....

That was a joke. All those devastating bugs were here from the beginning. I wonder why game is still alive and there`s even ppl who paying money.
  • Options
    scalretdoomscalretdoom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »

I am also curious about this too. Can this exploit have been happening since the first day?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am also curious about this too. Can this exploit have been happening since the first day?

I can assure you, that 1 week ago it was here. Cant be sure, but seems like you are right.