test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban - the exploiters & stop them creating new accounts

If you want to wipe the current progress, then refund ALL payments by the original method & start over, after fixing all the current bugs and exploits & let us decide if we want to return!
  • Options
    ulthgrimulthgrim Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another lets punish the innocent along with the guilty threads. You people are idiots.
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ulthgrim wrote: »
    another lets punish the innocent along with the guilty threads. You people are idiots.

You may be digging your own grave here buddy. Calling other people idiots with out even being constructive is possibly the lowest form of forum trolling there is.
  • Options
    sutexxsutexx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Calling people idiots without any need is idiotic at best :)
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    This.
    Keep finding exploiters, wipe their accounts clean, give em bans. 1 exploit abused = 3 day ban. 2 exploits abused = 1 week ban. 3 exploits abused - account deleted, IP permaban.

I can only facepalm.....
  • Options
    citi913citi913 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you are new here.

The plan is to merge all shards so adding another one won't solve anything if they are going to be merged anyway.

The merge doesn't include servers marked with "*" because they had bugs/exploits. "The Plan" is still valid?
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    citi913 wrote: »
    The merge doesn't include servers marked with "*" because they had bugs/exploits. "The Plan" is still valid?
    Did you think that through, because then that would mean EXACTLY the same as a wipe.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    pardexxxpardexxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    COMPLETE WIPE!
    Obviously, with a good compensation for the honest players that spend money on ZEN and AD!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Did you think through asking me if I had thought this through?

How is not wiping the server "EXACTLY" the same as wiping the server?
  • Options
    frodinthronefrodinthrone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you are new here.

The plan is to merge all shards so adding another one won't solve anything if they are going to be merged anyway.

The plan was to have a functioning economy and that went AOT. Merge the 3 necrotising shards into one for anyone who can't let go of their pixels and create a fresh one with a separate economy for the less nostalgic.
  • Options
    threaded1threaded1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needs the wipe.

Can't do anything else really, and hopefully Perfect World will learn a very important lesson about why patience is a virtue from their substantial loss of income / potential income.

At a minimum, at least we'll all have some freaking Devoted Clerics to level up with this time around instead of the bajillion of them going from level 10-60 with their Shrek time Ogre shenanigans in the foundry.
  • Options
    kimosami8kimosami8 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Wiping will only serve to ruin everything.

All bugs/glitches/bad boss mechanics need to be ironed out before a wipe
  • Options
    wickinsonwickinson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You wanna know what would really be punishing the innocent? To leave the economy in its wrecked state. There's really no other good way to fully resolve the market's issues and until they wipe the servers all of the legitimate players are just going to have to put up with never being able to save enough AD for even the smallest amount of Zen on the exchange.
  • Options
    identity137identity137 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe & Patch Bugs and exploits pls
    forumsiglogo.png
    Identity | Leader | Visit us at http://www.iron-pulse.com and YouTube
  • Options
    holybubblessholybubbless Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to shut down the game now before people abuse cats or anything else.... guh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New servers, problem solved. Why is this still up for debate and why are the new servers not up?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kajakeen wrote: »
    You may be digging your own grave here buddy. Calling other people idiots with out even being constructive is possibly the lowest form of forum trolling there is.

Just expressing my opinion of the general forum goers, sorry if the truth hurts sport, but if the shoe fits.......
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just expressing my opinion of the general forum goers, sorry if the truth hurts sport, but if the shoe fits.......

Well it's clear now that you are in fact just trolling. Reported.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frozenxile wrote: »
    1) Complete Wipe
    I am assuming this will have support from those who are not far progressed, don't have full epic dungeon gear, don't have level 20 professions or haven't purchased Zen.

Don't have any characters to 60 yet, don't have any epics, highest crafting is 12. Have spent $40. I've got six characters, one high 40's, four in the low 30's, and a 20ish. Not sure what the best solution to the whole problem is, but in the event of a server wipe, I'd wash my hands of the thing and walk away. I've got other games that I'd love to have the time to play.

(Honestly, so far, the only "economic" issues I've run into are this weekend's collapse of the zen exchange. I'm not looking to buy lots of stuff on the AH, and I've never thought that I'd get my hands on "big money" items to sell. Running end-game epic dungeons/raids isn't something I've done in any MMO.... mostly I just play around with leveling multiple alts & doing crafting and whatever non-large-group content there is.)
  • Options
    gimpylosergimpyloser Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New servers, problem solved. Why is this still up for debate and why are the new servers not up?

Lol well putting new servers up at the moment is not a priority. Right now they are finding out what happened, who was involved, the total impact to the economy, how to fix the bug, and deciding what if anything aside from targeted bans and individual character wipes to do in order to correct the problem.They may bring up some new servers for those who feel this has destroyed the economy on their server and it will never be fixed, but it won't be today.
  • Options
    markoepmarkoep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you ignorant fools. There will be no wipe. you know why? if they wipe all money they earned must be refunded back. But time has passed and income was generated- if they wipe the basicly gave you everything for free and also many, many many many would leave.

So many uneducated low IQ fools here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well it's clear now that you are in fact just trolling. Reported.

awe poor baby, someone not change your diaper? As you can plainly see I am not afraid of your report function, I expressed an opinion and you're frightened by it.
  • Options
    proponentproponent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd have to go for wipe, too much has gone on since launch for a rollback to fix the majority of things.

As for bans then, well, whatever they brought into the game via glitches (AD, Zen, whatever) then sold/traded would still be in the game even after their account got wiped however if you rollback their accounts and other accounts involved before adding in the ban hammer then you are going to end up with confused players who sold item xx for yy but now have yy missing and have xx agai - Not to mention it would take much longer to deal with cases than just if a ban was issued.

I don't know.. Dealing with exploits/exploiters is such a headache where not everybody will always be happy. With that being said, I don't see a new shard as a viable option, I mean, would anybody play on a shard that's marked for having a completely messed up economy filled with items players got via exploits? All that would happen is those shards would die off and eventually be merged with the new shard(s) - Pass on that thanks. I would also of wasted Zen on a server I would never play on and I doubt they would refund me that when I technically still have the items I bought on a still available server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Don't have any characters to 60 yet, don't have any epics, highest crafting is 12. Have spent $40. I've got six characters, one high 40's, four in the low 30's, and a 20ish. Not sure what the best solution to the whole problem is, but in the event of a server wipe, I'd wash my hands of the thing and walk away. I've got other games that I'd love to have the time to play.

(Honestly, so far, the only "economic" issues I've run into are this weekend's collapse of the zen exchange. I'm not looking to buy lots of stuff on the AH, and I've never thought that I'd get my hands on "big money" items to sell. Running end-game epic dungeons/raids isn't something I've done in any MMO.... mostly I just play around with leveling multiple alts & doing crafting and whatever non-large-group content there is.)

New Servers solves the problem here again.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you think through asking me if I had thought this through?

How is not wiping the server "EXACTLY" the same as wiping the server?
    DOH because you said only the new one would be allowed to continue, so that's an effective wipe.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on the matter, share your opinion please.

Moderator response on page #2

So please keep it constructive guys.

Update #2: A complete wipe would only be beneficial AFTER fixing all the bugs and issues, of course. Maybe this could be done when the game is officially released and not in a 'beta' status? We are here to iron out all of this bad stuff any way, right?

Update #3: Please don't bother posting here if you're going to be rude or just troll, it's pointless and a waste of time.

that would be too late to dispute a payment on paypal though, that's placing too much faith into a promise. after warz last year, I vowed to just take my money back and not grant chances beyond the 44th day so i don't lose my money again on faith alone. I iwll do a payment disput eont he 44th day if a wipe hasn't occured byt hen, and I advise everyone else who has purchased zen with actual real world currency to do the same near the end of their grace period for chargebacks or disputes. don't go on faith and then be disappointed later and unable to get your money back. You can always spend it again if your faith isn't misplaced, but you can't always get it back once too much time has passed.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    g1kingg1king Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete wipe.... Please
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The old ones are there they just wouldn't be worth playing to those concerned with the issue. To those that don't want a wipe because they don't care would be happy too playing on these servers. There is no downside.
  • Options
    fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Find the people who abused it, wipe their accounts right clean.

Main issue with this is the mule accounts and laundry accounts that have passed the AD on now that is a little harder to find as most of it was porb done by char transfers face to face which are harder to track.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit: never mind.