test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe is inevitable. I don't like it, but I know in the long run its the most sensical/beneficial at hand task that has to happen.

There is no way around it.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unclesalty wrote: »
    A wipe is inevitable. I don't like it, but I know in the long run its the most sensical/beneficial at hand task that has to happen.

There is no way around it.

I still think making a new shard is a better idea. We need a test shard anyway, this might as well be it. :p
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ESO better hurry up
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sectirioussectirious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say we burn them. Like an evil witch.
  • Options
    crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Account by account basis is very inaccurate, given that likely there're quite a few people who have multiple accounts, of which are likely to be biased against a wipe. Also, you don't need such a large sample size for some semblence of statistical accuracy, so long as selection is even and fair.

http://www.raosoft.com/samplesize.html

Agreed on what I underlined. Problem here is they dont have decent profiles on players, certainly not enough to guarantee the polling is even &/or fair. In this instance you probably want to at a minimum take into account age, income, country players are from.

Bottom line is polling only your forums is recognised as a very bad idea in the gaming industry.

I would suggest the number of duplicate accounts of exploiters is probably not high enough to influence the results if your sample size is large enough.
    Atlernatively make it on account basis verified by IP. multiple accounts on same IP in a 24 hour period would only be counted once. Even then there are ways around that but I think the number of people who would be motivated enough to circumvent it would not be enough to influence the result in a meaningful way if a large sample size is used.

IMHO 1000 random people polled is not enough on such a major issue & it is particularly not enough if 1000 people is only say 1% of users. Remember this is not a poll about "would you buy a special toothpaste to whiten your teeth if it cost the same as normal toothpaste" this is a poll with consequences on time invested & the people you ask for responses are by and large going to have an opinion either for or against.

Consequently I think you want to poll as many of the people affected as possible, otherwise you risk doing serious damae to your brand or in this case userbase.
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 percent of voters ask for wipe, and the people that voted for rollback I 'think' but cant be absolutely sure, were hoping for something more than 7 hours as we know that will still leave alot of people with billions of AD still in their mule/alt banks.

Wait, didnt something happen like this before?
    oh yeah, SWG
    Wait, didnt the forums there have a vote that had similar results, with players wanting a wipe?
    oh yeah, it did
    And did they do as a majority of the players asked and reset the servers a few weeks after it came out?
    No, they didnt
    And where are the SWG servers now? In fact, what happened to them after the NGE? Nuff said