Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    jmday wrote: »
    This is also still Beta so expect them to work on it when it suits them not when it suits you. Wait till full release and if/when servers are in your tmezone before complaining about a Free to Play game.

There are no regional servers planned and this also isn't beta, fanboy.
  • Options
    bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate the updates, thank you for keeping us informed.
  • Options
    teecee3teecee3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

You were wrong. You dont know it all.
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really guys, this is still beta, save your crying for launch day. On the first day of open beta, you have to expect some issues as the game is now hosting everyone and their brother that decides to try it out. They at least acknowledged the issue and are working to fix it, so what's the problem? Also, your $200 or $60 was spent to help pay for the development and maintenance of the game/server, so instead of crying, you should feel that you're getting your money worth when they bring the server down for maintenance. I was number 37000+ in queue last night and instead of whining about it, I went and said Hi to the family and played outside with the dog for 1/2 hour. Don't make any game your whole life, find something to occupy your time when you're unable to play. I'm sure they will have all of this figured out before full launch day, so instead of crying on the forums about your queue times, the lag and the maintenance, maybe you should be more supportive and leave a nice message letting them know what the issues are that you're having so they can work to get it resolved. Trust me, these guys aren't sitting at home with their feet up, they are working their asses off trying to make this game compete with the best of them... and I think they're doing an awesome job.

To sum it all up, this is beta. There will be issues. They are working through the issues. If the issues are not fixed by initial launch day, then you can threaten them with holding back your money. Nowhere on the agreement screen did it say "If you pay money, you will have a flawless game during beta".

This is just my two cents....
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »
    What is the holiday called and where are you from? Its no holiday here in the UK and no, of course I didn't learn about public holidays in school. What sort of lesson would that be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Day

how old are you really....
  • Options
    wiccan85wiccan85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877121 If this isn't in beta then how do you explain the open beta release.
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote:

This is Open Beta, learn2read
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aytlasaytlas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many hours the server will be off?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Day

how old are you really....

Old enough to know that isn't a "day off work"
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    murder41murder41 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they can fix lag.
  • Options
    shennannigansshennannigans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game looks pretty good, can't wait to play today.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Old enough to know that isn't a "day off work"

a holiday is not always meant as "day off work" day.
    You know how many people works on christmas day? Your point is invalid.
  • Options
    hard1984hard1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aytlas wrote: »
    How many hours the server will be off?

4hour lol ...
  • Options
    rezzernlrezzernl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher says 4 hours down time.
  • Options
    awedcaawedca Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    cool i want play again ^^
  • Options
    lukasz19987lukasz19987 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its is a "Day off work" and we haven't pay for it! Im from Poland, living in UK. OMG!!
  • Options
    wiccan85wiccan85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Note that CDT is a daylight saving time/summer time zone. It is generally only used during the summer. It is still Spring not summer yet.

that may be but cdt and cst not much difference they just got their abbreviation mixed up.
  • Options
    sammsongsammsong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

I was in from start yesterday. Yes it lagged, but people complaining the lag constantly was not any help. I tried to keep people calm and sain. And as that was not enough people just yelled stupid things out in the chat beyond than that.

You can never calculate exactly the balance of how many players there will be playing. Well maybe out of some predictions, but you will never know how many would log in and play on the same server etc. The server was shakey but it got optimized about 1 hour.

The first day is also really a good chance overwatch how much people there will be, how much the server can handle and if there are need of any more servers in the future. The dev did a good job, but noone want to look behind the scene how hard the dev worked and still is to please us gamers.
  • Options
    aerfluffaerfluff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    Anyways 9:00 A.M. CDT till 1:00 P.M. CDT Peeps.
    Sadface. It'll be down for another 3 hours? I'm surprised it'll take that long just to push a patch. The patch notes don't even look like there's that much in them... Later last night after the initial lag fix, I didn't have any more lag.
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    This so far has been an alright beta launch. the white screen launcher at first was a let down but hey its a beta. The rubber banding was fixed pretty fast and lag also. Now the que well they said they fix that and i believe they will.

Now for people complaining if you bought the founders pack and paid 200 bucks well shut up ITS STILL BETA.
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    This is Open Beta, learn2read

Yes, by the power of the marketing department, this game was hereby proclaimed beta. Who are you to ever doubt that? There are no wipes, they are selling stuff and everything - this is release. They only call it beta because then people pay more, for it "being exclusive" to sell more. That doesn't mean it really is a beta anymore.
  • Options
    alias505alias505 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vee42 wrote: »
    Really guys, this is still beta, save your crying for launch day. On the first day of open beta, you have to expect some issues as the game is now hosting everyone and their brother that decides to try it out. They at least acknowledged the issue and are working to fix it, so what's the problem? Also, your $200 or $60 was spent to help pay for the development and maintenance of the game/server, so instead of crying, you should feel that you're getting your money worth when they bring the server down for maintenance. I was number 37000+ in queue last night and instead of whining about it, I went and said Hi to the family and played outside with the dog for 1/2 hour. Don't make any game your whole life, find something to occupy your time when you're unable to play. I'm sure they will have all of this figured out before full launch day, so instead of crying on the forums about your queue times, the lag and the maintenance, maybe you should be more supportive and leave a nice message letting them know what the issues are that you're having so they can work to get it resolved. Trust me, these guys aren't sitting at home with their feet up, they are working their asses off trying to make this game compete with the best of them... and I think they're doing an awesome job.

To sum it all up, this is beta. There will be issues. They are working through the issues. If the issues are not fixed by initial launch day, then you can threaten them with holding back your money. Nowhere on the agreement screen did it say "If you pay money, you will have a flawless game during beta".

This is just my two cents....

Really? As you saying we paid for development this game right? So it means we players who have donated so much, gave you a chance to play for free right? SO I am asking you and all NW team what the hell people who has not donated anything is playing than here,and because of you free to players here we cannot continue to play? befour you we had everything good and servers was stable.

Conclusion. As a player who paid I think both packs and neverwinter starter pack should be all on OBT and people who have not paid even 1$ should sit back and wait for release date when it will go live.
  • Options
    draanoondraanoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lefty8 wrote: »
    You realise WoW is a childrens game?

And this has what exactly to do with the fact that downtime is during prime time in Neverwinter?
    Btw. in Europe you are not required for age verification, so it is for ages 12+.
  • Options
    meatsaxmeatsax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long have the maintenance been going on? im not that quick about those different time zones etc :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    They only call it beta because then people pay more, for it "being exclusive" to sell more. That doesn't mean it really is a beta anymore.

That has nothing to do with anything. You don't know what you are talking about. I wont explain why its called open beta, but if you think its release.... ok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowwinter27shadowwinter27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free nightmare mounts for all founders that will make my day
  • Options
    whitehalowhitehalo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People need to stop sipping on their WoW coolaid, trim their neck beards, and realize this is still a beta not a launch......morons
  • Options
    w3tpantiesw3tpanties Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too funny, haven't laughed this hard in a while. Love the comment!
  • Options
    shennannigansshennannigans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meatsax wrote: »
    How long have the maintenance been going on? im not that quick about those different time zones etc :P
    1hour and 16 minutes
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alias505 wrote: »
    Really? As you saying we paid for development this game right? So it means we players who have donated so much, gave you a chance to play for free right? SO I am asking you and all NW team what the hell people who has not donated anything is playing than here,and because of you free to players here we cannot continue to play? befour you we had everything good and servers was stable.

Conclusion. As a player who paid I think both packs and neverwinter starter pack should be all on OBT and people who have not paid even 1$ should sit back and wait for release date when it will go live.

the best thing to do would have set it so that a faster q for the people who paid. Not to discourage those people who are playing for free. Some of the free players have played alot of other games and betas and would have valuable input. But i do agree that the people who paid should have had at least a few days to play before the free players came in.
This discussion has been closed.