What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it really matter if this is the beta or official launch. I mean who cares they say beta so they can fix the main issues so people can start to play sooner and they can see about fixing que time and other issues but if they turn it into a launch it shouldn't matter
  • Options
    dontrunaway1dontrunaway1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draanoon wrote: »
    With all due respect, timezones have nothing to do with it. It is server management. If you shut down all server at the same time then you will hit one prime time zone. If you maintain server per timezone cluster and shut them down in sequence - voila - problem solved.

No maintenance during prime time for anybody.

And you don't realize that you have to have staff to do maintenance and the company is based on the American pacific coast? They aren't going to do maintenance at 2 a.m. local so that you can play during primetime, sorry.
  • Options
    sammsongsammsong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a great idea, you change the history, making a mmo doing just that. Then you will realize how much work there really is in a game.

The devs are doing a great job! Keep it up and make it a good maintance. :3
  • Options
    purinsu23purinsu23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can ph players play? can't seem to log in.
  • Options
    cripz1cripz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow... Just wow this is ridicolous how much spam this thread gets.
    Just lock the thread because there is no need for ppl to post in such a thread.
  • Options
    mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THOU SHALL GIVETH CRACK, THOU SHALL TAKETH AWAY. SO LET IT BE WRITTEN, SO LET IT BE LAG.

For those of you who are freakin out about all the maintenance being conducted, may I whisper words of wisdom "Let it Be"
  • Options
    ebersoleebersole Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cripz1 wrote: »
    there is no need for ppl to post in such a thread.

... You are right?
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, thanks devs for your hard work. I know you had a good run with City of Heroes/Villains with NCSoft and a lot of people who played that knoow how hard you worked then. People will see its the same here soon enough, after all the QQ'in.

Perfect Buying you was probably the best thing.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    There realy is a simple explanation why the timeframe always impacts europeans or oceanic players in a bad way... A) Cryptic and servers are located in the USA. B) Their American consumers can reach them without traveling across either the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean. C) American have ohhh so many guns and can easily get their hands on more. D) Americans tend to like to use their guns..

:P Joke Aside atleast this will maybe fix the ques.. so either downtime for few hours or Hours spent in the que again... being nr, 11thousand in que tends to suck
  • Options
    selist1selist1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to play but you guys had a successful launch though congrats.
    DRAGON
    Selist@selist1
    4c2eqg0.png
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ebersole wrote: »
    Says it takes 4 hours, so about 7 GMT should everything go smoothly.

I hope you are right ...
    I couldnt play after 6 pm my time because off OB bug.
    And now cant play till 9 pm my time cause off update.

Looking forward to actually getting to game for an hour or 2 today ... keeping fingers crossed.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • Options
    diablo241diablo241 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alias505 wrote: »
    Really? As you saying we paid for development this game right? So it means we players who have donated so much, gave you a chance to play for free right? SO I am asking you and all NW team what the hell people who has not donated anything is playing than here,and because of you free to players here we cannot continue to play? befour you we had everything good and servers was stable.

Conclusion. As a player who paid I think both packs and neverwinter starter pack should be all on OBT and people who have not paid even 1$ should sit back and wait for release date when it will go live.

and you should learn proper English. (sorry just don't like *****)
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demonical3 wrote: »
    There realy is a simple explanation why the timeframe always impacts europeans or oceanic players in a bad way... A) Cryptic and servers are located in the USA. B) Their American consumers can reach them without traveling across either the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean. C) American have ohhh so many guns and can easily get their hands on more. D) Americans tend to like to use their guns..

:P

LMAO... classic ^^
  • Options
    areanna2areanna2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thbigslime wrote: »
    multiple characters with same name wtf? i just created 2 chars with same name on same account bug or something i dont know?

You could have all your characters named the same since it uses your "@yaddayadda" for the account identifier...but for you if you do name all your characters the same unless they also are all the same race/class cant see where you would have issue keeping them straight?
  • Options
    sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Dear Devs. I heart you, and the game. Can I please have a golden pony.

Ok, in all seriousness, you guys are rocking it. Launch days always make tech staffs off themselves, or lose most of their hair, and you fixed a lot of the lag issues launch day, and implemented a queue (who cares if people hate it, they always hate queues) for quality of control, and here you are on Day 2 working to decrease queue times. I've seen launches go a lot less smoothly. Kudos.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sgsteihl wrote: »
    Dear Devs. I heart you, and the game. Can I please have a golden pony.

Ok, in all seriousness, you guys are rocking it. Launch days always make tech staffs off themselves, or lose most of their hair, and you fixed a lot of the lag issues launch day, and implemented a queue (who cares if people hate it, they always hate queues) for quality of control, and here you are on Day 2 working to decrease queue times. I've seen launches go a lot less smoothly. Kudos.

I totally agree with you there.
  • Options
    smg9000smg9000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know how long this will take? I'm not complaining just curious. I played some of the game last night and loved it. Just need some more roleplay and it would be a perfect game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    smg9000 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long this will take? I'm not complaining just curious. I played some of the game last night and loved it. Just need some more roleplay and it would be a perfect game.

It can take some hours and have been ongoing for some hours now ? Maybe about 2 hours again to go
  • Options
    ryathhryathh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I hadn't seen an official time frame released anywhere, but I imagine it will take a few hours.
  • Options
    kyileenkyileen Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just chill and relax ^_^ It will be up again.
    Personally, I was actually laughing when I popped into Neverwinter, started to run to my quest, and an invisible thread kept pulling me back to the start again. About 5 times. Even tried to sprint the last time!
    Looking forward to a good future gaming experience!
  • Options
    limitationxlimitationx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'll take roughly 4 hours ^^
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Their ETA was 4 hours or less which means a little less than 2.5 hours to go.
  • Options
    swarmofclownsswarmofclowns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** i want to play, its 17:40 here now (europe) when can i play?
  • Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you missed my point sir
  • Options
    smg9000smg9000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright also have some questions:

How do you start a thread on this forum (a noobish question I know) but I can't find the button anywhere.

Also how do you sneak as a rouge do you need to be a certain level?
  • Options
    fearsc2fearsc2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    0aZZspR.jpg

Hehe, even game fools with me :D n1 Neverwinter :D
  • Options
    wolfboy13221wolfboy13221 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright also have some questions:

How do you start a thread on this forum (a noobish question I know) but I can't find the button anywhere.

Also how do you sneak as a rouge do you need to be a certain level?

You need to be level 10 or higher to sneak as a Trickster Rogue. After then, well everything starts getting fun in combat.
  • Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did someone not take their meds this morning? Every game that launches an OPEN BETA goes thru this. They are stress testing the servers. So get a grip. If you cant handle playing in a BETA then I suggest waiting for actual launch.
    please read what I was quoting...I really sick of people crying about the time they brought it down, that is all.
  • Options
    jwcufleyjwcufley Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.