test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• parry58parry58 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whitehalo wrote: »
    People need to stop sipping on their WoW coolaid, trim their neck beards, and realize this is still a beta not a launch......morons

This is extra funny for me as I am currently trimming my beard. This Forum is a great way to spend the time until maintenance is finished. I think the game is worth the wait. I have waited for 6 months already since I heard about it, and it is living up to my expectations so far.
  • juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I love reading MMO forums during open beta and launch.

They are always so amusing.

It's almost as good as the game itself.

All of the adventure and conflict between the evil fanbois and the evil know-it-all's. With the good and just peacekeepers getting in the middle.
  • taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be a new trend for f2p games to "release" as "open beta" with full cash shop and immunity to complaints. Shrug.
    10mr4gl.png
  • smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't feed the trolls folks! This is the game they play while waiting for the servers to come back up, happens with every MMO.
  • amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    People need to stop sipping on their WoW coolaid, trim their neck beards, and realize this is still a beta not a launch......morons

I always keep my neckbeard neatly trimmed, and it's Brisk Lemonade, thank you.

Open Beta, Soft Launch, Flaccid Game Opening, whatever ya wanna call it, can't we all just get along?
  • faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sealavs wrote: »
    the best thing to do would have set it so that a faster q for the people who paid. Not to discourage those people who are playing for free. Some of the free players have played alot of other games and betas and would have valuable input. But i do agree that the people who paid should have had at least a few days to play before the free players came in.

They had few days to play before free players came in...
    Artificer.jpg
  • philipe2014philipe2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    waiting...
  • vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alias505 wrote: »
    Really? As you saying we paid for development this game right? So it means we players who have donated so much, gave you a chance to play for free right? SO I am asking you and all NW team what the hell people who has not donated anything is playing than here,and because of you free to players here we cannot continue to play? befour you we had everything good and servers was stable.

Conclusion. As a player who paid I think both packs and neverwinter starter pack should be all on OBT and people who have not paid even 1$ should sit back and wait for release date when it will go live.

It's a f2p game, you weren't obligated to pay, you paid because they offered you in-game items and etc... Of course the game is going to run differently in open beta than it did in closed beta, there are a ton more people. As someone already mentioned, this is the time for them to really test their servers to see what is needed to make them operate at peak capacity during launch.

Honestly, if you're going to cry this much over the money that you spent and how much better it was in closed beta vs open beta, you should never play another beta and always wait for launch. I hear you crying, but I don't see that you understand what an open beta is.
  • xixchassitxixxixchassitxix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Quoted for truth!
  • shennannigansshennannigans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    You do realize CDT is a major timezone in the united states right? Don't beleive it ask all the developers in Austin,Texas. lol

Anyways 9:00 A.M. CDT till 1:00 P.M. CDT Peeps.
    Note that CDT is a daylight saving time/summer time zone. It is generally only used during the summer. It is still Spring not summer yet.
  • tupancaketupancake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only pathetic thing is that you skipped work to play a video game..
    Lol awesome, I was gonna reply that. Thank you sir/ma'am
  • sammsongsammsong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plus they even had beta weekends I believe only for premiums.
  • amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Hrm. I didn't skip work, but I'm actively NOT doing the work-from-home project I'm supposed to be doing...does that count?
    edited May 2013
    With my luck, servers will come back up just as my road-trip colleague shows up to pick me up for our 10day tour of northern ontario, including 4 nights in scenic Thunder Bay! WOOOOOOOOO
  • w3tpantiesw3tpanties Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tupancake wrote: »

Its comments like these that makes me ever read forum posts.
  • sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the 10 min i got to play this beta has been awsome. it has lived up to my expectations for a mmorpg. i have played wow, final fantisy and several other online games but for the few min i have gotten to play this one it has been great. altho the only game i must say that i didn't like that i played was aion
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tupancake wrote: »
    The only pathetic thing is that you skipped work to play a video game..

What the hell has got to do with you what this guy does on his days off?!

people, really...
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Lets Count how many posts within 10 min =) While waiting
  • celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draanoon wrote: »
    To take up your example of major patches or expansions of WoW - they've all startet in the middle of the night, say 03:00 am.
    Sure lots of them did come with some delay in the works and the server went down till 03:00 pm and on rare occasions even till 05:00 pm. No one argues about that.

But the trueth is: None of them startet after noon. So the general consens ever has been: Hey, they tried their best and at the end they fix the game we want to play so it was OK.

But here it is very different: To start maintenance after noon tells us one thing -> Why care when people want to play? We are the mighty game providers so the player need to adjust to our schedule. We are king. Just like the ones did with the last "big" MMO. The name was.... almost forgotten... ahh there it is... SW:TOR.
    A lot of gamers (me included) will see issues with a game that they feel the Devs should have fixed before launch or once the servers start filling up new issues begin to pop up....whatever the case may be, if I'm logging in for the first time and there are issues/bugs/lag and I can't get hooked in I'm not playing that game, far too many good game out there to be sitting in a "Q" to play a buggy lag fest....

BOTTOM LINE: FIX IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN OR PEOPLE WILL GO ELSEWHERE!
  • justicesupremejusticesupreme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers still down or what?
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers still down or what?

Read the op
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ermhzermhz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at what time in GTM the maintenance will be over?
  • justicesupremejusticesupreme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of gamers (me included) will see issues with a game that they feel the Devs should have fixed before launch or once the servers start filling up new issues begin to pop up....whatever the case may be, if I'm logging in for the first time and there are issues/bugs/lag and I can't get hooked in I'm not playing that game, far too many good game out there to be sitting in a "Q" to play a buggy lag fest....

Did someone not take their meds this morning? Every game that launches an OPEN BETA goes thru this. They are stress testing the servers. So get a grip. If you cant handle playing in a BETA then I suggest waiting for actual launch.
  • ebersoleebersole Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate the need to have downtime. Shame it has to be in the prime gaming hours of European players.
    All games should have EU/USA/Asian designated servers imo.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but still this game is action based and not many have this combat system, nor the voice acting in the questlines. When everything are all fixed people will start to say " This game rocks". People need to learn patience is a deed.
  • faidranfaidran Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is actual launch dressed as beta....not the first time...in online game history...so ....
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ermhz wrote: »
    uh how about reading for once...
  • stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013

Well you made me laugh at least, shame the post didn't actually contain anything note worthy. You do realise its still in open beta right? You are aware of what a beta is?

BOTTOM LINE: PICK UP YOUR TROLLISH TOYS PUT THEM BACK IN YOUR PRAM AND GO BACK TO HIDING UNDER YOUR BRIDGE, ciao for now ^^
  • ebersoleebersole Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ermhz wrote: »

Says it takes 4 hours, so about 7 GMT should everything go smoothly.
  • sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it really matter if this is the beta or official launch. I mean who cares they say beta so they can fix the main issues so people can start to play sooner and they can see about fixing que time and other issues but if they turn it into a launch it shouldn't matter
This discussion has been closed.