test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    Looks like you'll still need the bag space to store refinement items until you are ready to use them. Otherwise, the points are bound on the toon you converted them to points on.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

mjonis said:

:(

seriously. this doesn't sound cool at all. and half off rp, half off rp costs so there we are at exactly the same. zero eachother out and no more 2x weekends so really without the weekends thingsn are 2x as expensive. all the time now so yeah no yay.

There's no half off rp, but there is half off the costs of artifact/artifact equipment costs and the enchantment/runestones/enhancement cost less RP than before as well. The costs are lower.
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but I do see the point about removing 2x RP meaning the costs will be higher.

The "costs" are reduced (I believe it says by a factor of 10, not half off), but also the *value* of the rp points are reduced as well. So if you *also* remove double RP, then isn't that essentially meaning things are going to be more "expensive"?

Sorry if I'm being dense, perhaps I need an example of "Old" vs. "new" and without factoring in double RP and then we can see if it's really a lower "cost" or not.
    We are going to be adding in an event that will give extra RP to players during the event time, it is too early for discussing those details. It isn't the same as 2x RP but it is bonus RP.
    Then how would anything change from the current system? People are still going to hoard their 'gemstones' for the event.
    FrozenFire
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Looks like you'll still need the bag space to store refinement items until you are ready to use them. Otherwise, the points are bound on the toon you converted them to points on.

You either have items somewhere on your account that you're able to refine, or you don't. If you have nothing whatsoever to use RP on (including enchants to sell, I s'pose), you can bank it as stones, but the rationale for doing so appears to be pretty much gone.

It will depend what this new event looks like, but it sounds like they're leaning heavily towards more stones and not more credit for saving your stones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

We are going to be adding in an event that will give extra RP to players during the event time, it is too early for discussing those details. It isn't the same as 2x RP but it is bonus RP.

Then how would anything change from the current system? People are still going to hoard their 'gemstones' for the event.
    It isn't an event that grants players extra from the items they already have. It will be an event that allows players to earn new bonus RP while the event is running.
    that's really boring though.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

It isn't an event that grants players extra from the items they already have. It will be an event that allows players to earn new bonus RP while the event is running.
    Oh... Fair enough.
    FrozenFire
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Does that mean we can't use artifacts to feed artifacts ?
    What about arty-gear? How the upgrade path will be there, will need to re-refine it each new weapon release ?
    micky1p00 said:

What about arty-gear? How the upgrade path will be there, will need to re-refine it each new weapon release ?

I'm guessing you can turn them into RP. But probably no longer benefit from matching bonus.
    FrozenFire
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Thats all gone out the window - so having artifacts drop from dungeon chest that are bound are basically useless. Lets hope they make all dungeon drops unbound.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Who knows what that Refinement bonus might even result in... The event is likely to be considerably attractive for many players I suspect. :)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Overall, with a couple exceptions, I like what I'm seeing.

RP as currency is great, but I think it would be super cool of you to add that as something you can deposit in the shared bank like gold and trade bars.

Getting rid of the 2nd enchant for <r11 is great and something I've advocated. It might make Coal prices not feel as insultingly high.

I do think it would be much better to wait till mod 13 to introduce higher ranks though, to give people time to settle into the new system and before throwing them into the meatgrinder again.

Bondings. Nerfing bondings some is fine, but you've nerfed r12s by 3/4ths, rendering summoned companions obsolete compared to augments, just like what lead to the creation of bondings in the first place. That is WAY overboard. 50% uptime is also chaotic even if bondings were still overall better. Go back to 100% uptime, come on guys, don't pull another keygate here...
  • jetleroy77#2246 jetleroy77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    IDK if i understand this correctly, Im out of money i spent on game and the 9 months of work i put in is Ki-bosh? Im just asking. Is this gonna be a new game or what is going on??? I am also confused about the bag space issue, wasnt there supposed to be an additional bag slot? soooo bag space isnt really an issue??? and if this is all happening I need to stop refining everything immediately and wait until september??? is that right?? The ah is gonna be jacked im guessing.
  • sfw#1705 sfw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The main problem as I see it is the nerf of bonding to the point of uselessness.
    So now my bonding pet is only useful 50% of the time and if it dies we need to subtract a bit more from that.
    It remains to be tested, but if I have to swap to an augment - no costs were saved for the player: acquiring an augment, eldritch, rearranging stats and so on...
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

Suggestion for bonding before it's too late (if it's not too late):

Keep the uptime at 100%, just adjust the % of stats given closer to the auguments (slightly higher, why? so people don't switch to auguments only). This way both will be viable and used.

Any comments on this? @noworries#8859
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    The new refining system looks better in a lot of ways but is now terribly boring and vanilla flavored.
  • zeroscarlett#9233 zeroscarlett Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    It sounds great for new players... And like a jagged shaft for the rest of us who've already invested time and money.

It feels like a push for more money if I'm being honest. Like okay thousands of players have officially invested in all of this, so let's wreck it so they now need to invest in something else.

It doesn't feel good. It feels like I don't want to invest in anything in this game because what's the point? If everything I've put my time and money into is constantly being reworked and the bad is outweighing the good I stop investing.

You're going to drive players away with these changes... And lots of them.
  • salem#5353 salem Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    People are talking about it in Siege Zone chat right now. I've seen people talking about leaving already. You're going to lose hundreds of players.

This is the wrong way to go about bondings. You could just raise the effectiveness of the other runestones? If done correctly you could make people use more companions and bring augments back to life.
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User

Im a new player ,im barely playing for 1,5 month. So i invested everything i had earned threw everyday grind and bought myself 3 bonding runestons r12. So now you tell me that 1,5 month of playing is going to be waisted? Thats how you're going to help me? give me a break..

Just out of curiocity, how did you manage to get enough resources in 1.5 months daily grind (while I supposed you leveled as well) to get 3XR12 bondings? Can you make a guide or something?
  • bladez#8277 bladez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Was about to buy more Zen, guess I won't now as the reason to buy it will be nurfed. If you really want to improve things, put all quest items in a quest list, stop trying to fill bags with zone quest items and keep the refining the way it is. and just in case this isn't clear to you..

If this goes ahead my wallet will stay closed.
  • galopikusgalopikus Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    You guys are throwing this game completely off balance with the bonding changes!!!
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    rugs being pulled & goalposts being shifted again?
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone