test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    As someone who played when Augments were BIS and was thus lost investment when Bondings became BIS and has since invested in Bondings I'm actually OK with the idea of reducing the power of Bonding stones so that Augments become a viable alternative again.

However I will agree with the suggestion that instead of reducing the up time of Bondings it would be better to reduce the yield.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • blader9xblader9x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    is this even important ?

why don't the Dev fix the balance between class.. the refinement system is just fine, Fix the bug, fix the use of power how it effects with the enchantment make it balance make it worth in any class how does each of the enchantments will effect each of the class.

Guys you have tons of things to improve on game play and tons of bugs need to be fixed... don't change anything yet or update the attachment rank from 12 to 14 ..mehh this is no use. we have enough on rank up. Just make something worth to play and fun.

for example maybe you can make the town where we come from a live, like my toon come from Silvanite.. so we can go back to our home have a quest to save our land or etc. A signature armor or sets which only come from our town.. its kinda cool when we all in PE can see and finds out that player comes from different town in neverwinter. etc etc etc

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

As someone who played when Augments were BIS and was thus lost investment when Bondings became BIS and has since invested in Bondings I'm actually OK with the idea of reducing the power of Bonding stones so that Augments become a viable alternative again.

However I will agree with the suggestion that instead of reducing the up time of Bondings it would be better to reduce the yield.

I still have my legendary and epic stones augments somewhere in my bank.
    The first ones..

Remember when the tokens upgrade could be bought at the merchant ?
    That is gone as well.
    No one i ask ,remembers it.

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• gerverpandagerverpanda Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2017

While everyone is crying about a supposed nerf (it's not, it's reblancing. Nerfing something does NOT give you something else in return), I am rather glad to see this happen. It will make the powercreep curve for new players a lot easier to manage.

lol what are we getting in return, fool? Nothing. The nerf was supported not by people that owned bondings and wanted them re balanced, it was by people that did not use them, for whatever reason, and felt that their opinion mattered so much that the whole game should be leveled around this opinion. You had the option to use them or not, same as everyone else. Nerfing them is not an option. Just cause you don't lose anything because you never put out, doesn't mean that those who do or did should get shafted.

if your argument against it is that you can't afford them, or don't have the time to grind for ad, guess what? U don't need them then. If it makes you feel uncomfty being left behind by players with bondings on, on those rare occasions you log on to play the game for a minute or two, deal with it. Why would u expect access to the same benefits as those who earned them.

If you are a new player, why should things be easier for you at our expense? The nerf to bondings in no way benefits new players. Powercreep curve??? wtf u mean. With or without bondings you still getting carried.
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    cambo1682 said:

That is exactly what this will be, yet another alt killer. I am sorry but I have little faith that this will be thought through and implemented in a way that will benefit players, especially those that have invested time or money in the game. The nerf to bonding runestones in the technical link is beyond a "tone down". As someone in the other thread stated this is going to cause a lot of players to examine whether or not they want to stay in this game. (Their term was a little harsher). You guys have once again gone too far with your nerf hammer and are demonstrating that you are just fine punishing your players for playing the game.

How does this become a alt killer if we can still move unbound refining stones around before we turn them into points? The only difference I see (as promised in the post) is that we can now "salvage" our RP items for RP points at will and the refining itself becomes a lot easier and less time consuming (hopefully). We have yet to see how the reduced points given and needed plays out in comparison to the old system, but if its anything like they promised it should not be worse (I understand that their word doesn't calm some of you xD tbh me neither).

And lets be honest. Bonding stones are far too overpowered. They are very HAMSTER nice indeed, but overpowered. I'm happy that they actually try to match the other Runestones to its level, would have wished they hadn't done so by a nerf and instead scaled the others higher, but hey... I am sure they have their reasons. It sucks for those who spend a small fortune to get them, or just/will get them before this big update, but that's something to always keep in mind. This is a game that changes frequently based on its own small economy and demographic. Also a lot of it is just a well decorated gamble machine. I'm not saying players have no right to be mad, I've been around since beta release and I've been through all stages XD But really if you invest a lot of time and money into this game, do ask yourself first if you are willing to do so even if that means you might loose it within a week, because that is how they roll here. Anything can change and nothing is safe.

Overall I am not at all upset about this update, of course we will have to see how it really plays out once it pops up on preview and goes live but I see no reason to cry and yell off the rooftops just yet.
  • fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    please dont kill the game.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    Deleting double rp event and adding another kind is bad, and I would be happy to keep the original, and I see a very bad consequence:

People who wanted to change their neck, waist, artifakt could break those into the new one, giving around 57% progress during double rp, so changing ther neck and waist to rebalance their builds wasn't that bad.
    Now that's gone.

I suggest neck and waist artifakts give us always under double rp bonus just as weapons do.

I don't know how artifakts stand now, but refining a new míthic artifakt with breaking another míthic in it should give us a fair progress outside the double rp event.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • turtlemanjayturtlemanjay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Will enchantments still contribute to the new RP currency? Will enchantments still drop as dungeon chest rewards?
  • vikingmetal#6053 vikingmetal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi,

I wonder: apart from what has been said, what will happen to Wanderer’s Fortune mount bonus?, what kind of drop will it give?.

I’ve also read “Dragon Hoard - will now drop gemstones (white pearl, peridot, etc.)
    Fey Blessing - Still drops enchantments” in the thread about technical details. Any reason to leave the fey blessing the same way?, or any particular reason to nerf the dragon hoard that way?.

I’d like to remind to devs about enchantments basic function is to be equipped in gear/weapons, even if they’re used in RP too. Well, they drop rank 5 for free right now when u’re lvl 70, or higher ranks can be got in lockboxes sometimes or bought (rank 7) from trade bars in the store in PE, as u know. The basic matter is: the only way to get them really 4 free is to drop those rank 5 and equip them in ur gear, as lockboxes suppose previous cash spent and trade bars come from lockboxes… According to what u say enchantments’re not dropping anymore in normal gameplay, and the way to get enchantments is to buy lvl 1 ranks in PE? and refine them all the way till the lvl u wish, even a lvl 5 rank when it can be dropped right now? O.o that’s a true waste of RP in the end, isn’t it?. Not to speak about when a player doesn’t have that much money… not the best seeing ur toons dressed in lvl 1 rank enchantments, when the previous options were much better, and perhaps, fair.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I have some questions:

1)Why did you cut the RP necessary to upgrade something by 10 and at the same time cut the RP from refinement items by 10 too? I mean, the cost is the same in the end, so you just did that to deal with smaller numbers? That's it?

2)There are no more power/resonance/stability/thaumaturgic/union stones, right? There's only white pearls, peridots, aquamarine, flawless sapphire, black opal, blood ruby and brilliant diamond that you can convert to "refinement currency", right?

3)Following-up the questions above... You cut the RP cost to upgrade Artifacts and Artifacts Equipment by half, which is like an always double refinement, but can we still use artifacts as feeders? Because if we can't then it's actually more expensive than cheaper to upgrade artifacts even with half the RP. I mean, we have no more Power/Stability/Union farmed from Dread Ring neither Resonance from Heralds of Tiamat (Dragon Run) nor Thaumaturgic from Sharandar. Meanwhile the bulk of our farm will be Peridots which gives 5 times less RP than any lesser stone (this is mitigated by the RP requirement reduction, but it is far from being nullified). There's also Aquamarine, Flawless Sapphire, Black Opal, Blood Ruby and Brilliant Diamond of course, but those are pretty rare compared to the sheer amount of Lesser Stones we can farm before these changes arrive. My suggestion is you boost the drop rate of higher gemstones (Aquamarine, Flawless Sapphire, etc) or you boost the RP of peridots and white pearls. Can you do that?

4)As far as i understand refining Enchantments won't have RP requirements cut in half, only the Artifacts will have this cut, right? What enchants will have is refining straight from rank 7 to 10 (no more needing two rank 7 to build one 8, two 8 to build one 9, two 9 to build one 10 which would totalize eight rank 7). This is great, but only decreases costs from 7 to 10. Upgrading from 10 to 14 will be extremely hard if after these changes we can't get Thaumaturgic Stones from Sharandar's quests anymore. So what kind of gemstone will replace Thaumaturgic at the end of these quests?
  • :D :D I find it really funny all of the people who are complaining " I put real money in this game for just bonding runestones and now they are nerfed so I'm quiting." Games like this are always changing. Maybe next time you people can think of something else to sink your money into then things that could get nerfed. Which from the looks of it everything can be nerfed. Sooooo good luck.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Is there going to be a cap on RP?
    FrozenFire
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2017

I gotta look for an augment with defensive slots now, upgrade that, buy eldritch runestones for it, get new gear for it, new reinforcements for the gear, sell what I have and get new enchantments to rebalance all my stats.

Don't forget that if you give up your current debuff companion, you will lose those debuffs, which will in effect make the content even harder than before. This is mostly going to be an issue in FBI, MSP and ToNG, but losing all those debuffs will have a significant impact there.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kyriahnkyriahn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just my grain of salt but I believe VIP needs to be reworked if enchants are to be increased. Also, for non-VIP players, something needs to be done about pres wards/ coal ward prices....make them with professions or something. Prices are so through the roof I really don't feel like grinding for another 5M AD to get coal wards for the 1% chance, THIS this is not fun for me or others. Players need to feel like doing stuff is meaningful in-game not based on buying Zen.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Okies, so I'm not entirely getting where this particular fear is coming from.

Assuming that we do still get various binding statuses of drops, but don't need to hoard everything for 2xRP, we crunch the character bound stuff where we get it. Same as ever, except it's not taking up bagspace.

Here is the issue - assuming you have unused refinement points on an alt, and enchants on a different alt. Not a problem...you move the enchants to the alt who has the refinement points - refine the enchant there and then move it back.

The problem is when you want to refine something that is character bound or something that will bind once you refine it.

Let's say I have an artifact or some gear on one alt, and refinement points on a different one. I would be stuck...unable to refine. Today I could copy unbound or account-bound stones from the alt to the one holding the artifact or gear, and upgrade it there.

The best solution IMO, would be to make refinement points an account-wide currency, just like Zen. That makes the system even smoother - no need to copy anything back and forth.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    But i like the refinement system as it is, i do agree that beginners may feel cheated because of same quality refinement (power artifact into power artifact) and the fact that they miss double RP but when it comes to marks and thaumalurge stones i like the variety existing, the only problem i see is lots of stuff btc without reason, but the fact that i need a greater mark of power to an artifact of power is fun, not troubling.

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    man this is terrible, absolutely terrible. I have never once seen anybody in-game or on the forums complain that the current RP system is flawed or that it was too complicated. of course I'm just one person but in any case, any complexity that existed is being burnt to the ground in favor of appealing to new players that would probably quit the game before they reach level 50 anyway. like many other posters here have previously said, hoarding enchants and the like was actually pretty fun. there was a treasure hunter role playing feel to it. as far as inventory space goes, I have yet to buy even one runic bag and have no issues with spacing.

speaking of bondings, well this is just a slap in the face. 50% uptime as opposed to 100% for what reasons? where are bondings over performing? 16k premades that farm hati for mats? the same 16k premades joined together farming msva for guildy alts? also in compliance to those BIS players wishes, they needed something else to grind for and so we have 2 new ranks. im dreading my return to farming tier 2 content for salvage because my 3x12 bonding is no longer cutting it for paingiver idoling elitist speedrunners in fbi and msva/nsva. I have no issue with rank 12 eventually being replaced with higher ranks in time, but the time now just doesn't match up. there is no content that would even require 2 higher ranks. unlike some others, I didn't drop a dime for my bondings, I spent my time farming for them, yet I feel the same resentment right now.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    Well, from a casual non-BIS player point of view the refinement changes look great. My (non-runic) bags will thank you. :)

Couple of questions:
    • Will the new Enchantment Stones drop from Dread Ring lairs instead of marks? (Also maybe rethink the name "Enchantment Stone", it's a bit confusing. Everyone's used to calling them marks, so what's wrong with that?)
    • Can one still buy rank 5 enchantments from Adventurer Seal Trader?
    • If there's not gonna be matching bonus from artifacts anymore, can the class artifacts (and others that can't be used to refine other artifacts) be made usable in refining other artifacts or convertable to refining points?
  • dragonlancer#8992 dragonlancer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    @noworries#8859
    What will happen to Quartermaster Enchantsments? What will they drop?
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    I like this new concept of RP. The fact no one upgraded anything when not in double RP was clearly a design problem.
    I'll finally be able to get rid of all the stacks of enchants, RP stuff in 3 differents bind types and it'll free lots of space in my account overall. Having a huge stock of RP instead of hundreds of stacks, i love it!

I don't really know yet how it will impact feeders, matching values, and will see it on preview eventually, but that's less a concern for me since RP drops in so many ways now it's not the bottleneck anymore.

I'm more concerned about the upgrade to R14 and the huge cost involved. You'll now need a coa not only for weapon/armor enchants, but now also for regular enchants and runestones. And the coals wards comes only from Zen Market. Don't tell me about the prayers, i pray all days on 6 toons and i didn't got any coalescent in the past 9 months. 9 months. 9. And i'll need dozens of more to upgrade to R14. I don't talk about coas that drop from enchantment packs now, as the droprate seems to be the same as brilliant diamond, aka you won't see one.

So many wards needed, so many new mark, Ultimate marks (what's their cost?), on EVERY enchants is not very alt-friendly when the game just began to be more alt-friendly (campaign tokens, special dungeon drop and Chult gear for alts, bound to account stuff...). This is another step back.

So overall, i like the new concept of refinement, i wanted this for a long time, i'll finally be able to stock the fashion instead of the RP (since we still don't have a fashion tab...). I'm not sure about the R14. I guess it's a new goal to achieve, but i'd really want to see the cost of wards being reduced, because you need so much of them, it's just not possible. I'd ask to reverse the coalgate, but I guess won't happen...

About the bondings changes, I said what I think about it in the appropriate thread. I gave a "Like" overall to the dev post because it's mostly talking about RP, however I disapprove the bondings change.
  • groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Ok i know yall needed to do something to adjust bondings to a equivilant level with other types of companions,which is fine.But the cooldown on bondings now will render them useless.in extended fights ie:end game fights last mor than 15 seconds after that u lose all stats armpen power defenses tanks will lose aggro dps lose armpen to deal damage and ppl become squishy.How in any way are u gonna kill the souls in tomb at last boss if ur bondings are on cooldown u need to burst them fast or ur gonna get destroyed. Imo the nerf to the 95% from bondings to 65% is fine its the cooldown that is an issue.Take away icd and its still a good option as are the augments
  • dracula#9357 dracula Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    when is this change taking place pls is it next mod or after maintanance
  • seridkalsenovseridkalsenov Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    now i can't say i agree or not but it's kinda hard to face after spent many years trying to upgrade bonding. I actually don't get super shocked on RP changes but the bonding it is. it will affect the performance of most DPSer in T3 dungeons and T3 raids meaning those T3 dungeon and some super hard hitting T2 bos like Egwd need to be readjust the dmg and bos durabiliy so a tank won't get 1 shotted really fast and it won't took 2hrs+ to finish .i will simply said devs will spent more time than just nerfing the bonding, i take the To9G dungeon as example. i did a run and it took around 1-2 hrs to finish that is with 2 support class 2 bis dps and 1 bis tank and all of them use bonding. but what happen if all of them only use augments and R12 eldritch bonus buff + leg companion only ???. no offense, but it will took more than 2 hrs to finish just only removing bonding. that is why some dungeon need to be reworked too if the bonding nerf is live it is equal to spent more time spent more money for the working dev teams and there is a possibility some players will rage quit so easily + elitism will increase. my final word i cant say i agree with RP change but i REALLY REALLY don't agree with bonding nerf.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Video Game Elitist << about elitism if someone don't know what it is.
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Words are hard amirite?? People complaining refining higher ranks will be harder aren't paying attention. It says RP value will be reduced by a factor of ten AND progression will be halved. Value is the actual numerical worth, while progression refers to the relative difficulty of getting from 1-12...er... 1-14. From what i've read, max refining gear and enchantments will be easier, and you can do it whenever you want. It's a win/win people.

Save your energy for the bonding discussion, as that's a different story. But i will comment about that in the appropriate thread. But i get why so much of it landed here... words are hard AMIRITE?!?!? LOL