test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    @spideymt

If you cannot see that progression is linked to key and poor loot table rewards then you need to open your eyes a little.

Progression should be heavily linked to content / running and KEYS...this is a fundamental issue.

Keys on T1 should be preparing you to move to T2...T2 to T3 etc...a peridot does nothing much.

CN and Master Demo for example should contribute significantly to you preparing to run FBI for example...by use of keys ti get rewards...whay are somwthings needed to do FBI...well R9 enchants would be a start...ilvl 140 gear...etc....not a peridot!
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    @swirve#6429
    I allready posted my wishes in this thread about RNG/Loot rewards.
    Last sites you can almost only read posts from other issues. I dont care if ppl are unhappy with queue lists/own class/dps whatsoever. There are enough other threads to claim about it. This thread is for the devs! Its for the ppl to post their wishes for loot/rewards and key changes. So lets stay topic. Thats all i want.

• swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    @spideymt

You might want to read before posting. It is on topic as its about LOOT related to KEYS related to PROGRESSION across DUNGEONS which requires further KEYS and gives further LOOT. Shall i repeat that again for you?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    On the subject of RNG and "chase loot", I ran 112 CTA skirmishes over the weekend. You can get an accurate count of how many times you ran a CTA based on how many dyepacks you end up with. I did not get a single companion, not even once. Now, I am actually ok with that. I don't like this particular CTA companion, can't stand to have one summoned or be near someone with one summoned, and was running the event for skirmish AD (bleh). But, how much disappointment do you expect someone to suck up that actually did want it? (And doesn't realize people will be selling squillions of them at Xmas, but whatever. It's also effed up that the primary supply of event loot is not the event the loot is associated with.) That's ridiculous. And this is actually a problem where the solution has been presented hundreds of times, repeated every time you schedule a CTA... let people buy a BtC or BtA companion using the event currency, so that every time RNG lets them down, they're a little bit closer to being able to get what they want, for certain. Put it in the danged event store already.

I did get an Ancient Curio. Remember that thing that was actually an AMAZING drop... back in module 3? But since nobody has ever bothered to update the shop containing the one thing that you can use a Curio to buy, and the level cap raise was a hard nerf to that one thing*, and people have still been getting Curios from events for years since then... it's pretty hamster now. So yeah, neglecting aspects of the game that are affected when you change other things is also a problem with loot in general.

*Slayer Belt of the Xvim, scaling gear that caps at level 60, and console players are incapable of completing a Xvim set if they wanted (it's still decent to have a set on your account for levelling new characters), because the matching amulet drops from a lockbox they've never had and likely never will because of the Resurgence box. That's another example of a small aspect of the game you've blown off rather than dealing with in any reasonable or thoughtful fashion... but there are so many small things you've blown off that the cumulative effect is staggering.

------------------------------
    wylonus said:

it also cost astral diamonds to make keys, cost still the same after ADs nerfs.

many players are now tightening up on ADs and not spending like it had.

The AD costs on campaign keys were removed ages ago, as part of their response to removing AD from Leadership.

Not as a direct response to this quoted text, but in general... when we get things wrong, it muddies the feedback. Make your contribution as meaningful as possible by ensuring that it's accurate, instead of a whole bunch of howling about things that aren't even true. Because it's not like we don't have enough real problems in this game without making up a set of imaginary ones as well.

If you want the devs to pay attention, post things that are worth paying attention to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Imo the game needs "Jackpot drops", drops that we can hope for, but don´t really expect, but imo they shouldn´t be mandatroy items, like pieces of a set you need to complete to actually get going, but rather things like high ranking enchants (thinking of rank 10s, or even higher, but rare enough to not ruin the value of thouse made the hard way) or artefakts which are not part of a set.

Regarding progression: the game really needs at least one dungeon ranked between CN and FBI in terms of both difficulty and requirements to enter. Maybe scale up "The Frozen Heart", its Frost Giant themed ;-).
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    fogcrow said:

Imo the game needs "Jackpot drops", drops that we can hope for, but don´t really expect, but imo they shouldn´t be mandatroy items, like pieces of a set you need to complete to actually get going, but rather things like high ranking enchants (thinking of rank 10s, or even higher, but rare enough to not ruin the value of thouse made the hard way) or artefakts which are not part of a set.

Regarding progression: the game really needs at least one dungeon ranked between CN and FBI in terms of both difficulty and requirements to enter. Maybe scale up "The Frozen Heart", its Frost Giant themed ;-).

The "jackpot drops" that you speak of are already in the game. In lockboxes! Maybe they should just put all lockbox loot in the dungeon chests, as they are going to gate it behind keys anyway.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User

On the subject of RNG and "chase loot", I ran 112 CTA skirmishes over the weekend. You can get an accurate count of how many times you ran a CTA based on how many dyepacks you end up with. I did not get a single companion, not even once. Now, I am actually ok with that. I don't like this particular CTA companion, can't stand to have one summoned or be near someone with one summoned, and was running the event for skirmish AD (bleh). But, how much disappointment do you expect someone to suck up that actually did want it? (And doesn't realize people will be selling squillions of them at Xmas, but whatever. It's also effed up that the primary supply of event loot is not the event the loot is associated with.) That's ridiculous. And this is actually a problem where the solution has been presented hundreds of times, repeated every time you schedule a CTA... let people buy a BtC or BtA companion using the event currency, so that every time RNG lets them down, they're a little bit closer to being able to get what they want, for certain. Put it in the danged event store already.

*Slayer Belt of the Xvim, scaling gear that caps at level 60, and console players are incapable of completing a Xvim set if they wanted (it's still decent to have a set on your account for levelling new characters), because the matching amulet drops from a lockbox they've never had and likely never will because of the Resurgence box. That's another example of a small aspect of the game you've blown off rather than dealing with in any reasonable or thoughtful fashion... but there are so many small things you've blown off that the cumulative effect is staggering.

If you want the devs to pay attention, post things that are worth paying attention to.

+1
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Lockboxes are part of RNG, not the rest of the game full of RNG!

Becky, sorry, i meant for AH, many players tighten up spending ADs on those items on auction.
    oh okay, they took out ADs cost, i hadnt use those key making since Mod 6, i just abandoned, and use daily key only when i need it and i still got stacks of free VIP master keys, also recently stop bother to get more dungeon keys because i hadnt went to dungeons last spring. those RNG is being way too mean and not being lucky to get any horns for my main or my alts, gave up. it all waste of time and seeing no investments.

i just want that RNG get buried for good, only for Lockboxes as it was intended, but they seem got greedier since mod 6 and put RNG on everything.
    remember, those chests rewards were decent in Mod 2 and Mod 3 until they changed and harder to get.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016

Unrelated, can you please stop 'Return on Investment' from being auto-added (it's from Icewind Dale). It has been the biggest reason for my hatred for Icewind Dale, and I still refuse to go there except for my weekly thanks to that quest. You can give that quest to the guy in the middle, between the AB and TT leaders.

Icewind Dale: Return on Investment can now be dropped.
    Dropping this quest prevents it from being taken or auto-granted again for another day.

\o/\o/\o/

I'll be going there a lot more often now.
    FrozenFire
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

@spideymt

You might want to read before posting. It is on topic as its about LOOT related to KEYS related to PROGRESSION across DUNGEONS which requires further KEYS and gives further LOOT. Shall i repeat that again for you?

Maybe you should read some posts from site 13...or do you need any claims about skills at GFs in this thread?
    Should i quote all that OT claims for you?

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Ran LoL last night, twice.

No drops on the ground from any of the bosses either run.
    Both times I opened the chest on the left and the same thing was in it (picked it up both times since I have epic dungeon keys out the wazoo on that character)

-Choice of alliance gauntlets
    -dragon overload enchantment

That is all... stormed a dungeon, killed lava scorpions, slayed a dragon and I got TWO items each time, one of which is temporary.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    there are a lot of good ideas from the community here, much more fleshed out than I ever could make them. So, to keep it short and sweet:

- The "daily" epic dungeon chests should be there to ensure that you never quite run a dungeon at a loss. In other words, they should still have a (smaller) drop rate of actual rare items, but they should at the very least be worth the 5k an epic key costs. If we can't run the dungeons multiple times, they'll soon depopulate. That is already happening in PS4.

- The chests that are opened with special or legendary dragon keys should contain something of value. And value doesn't just mean a return investment of money/time/resources spent into getting that key. It can be anything from tradeable cosmetics, to specific and diverse new gear (mounts, companions, new armour and weapons, you name it), to Coalescent wards, all in bigger drop rates than we have right now. Again, the base principle here is, even more than the regular chests, we should never run these at a loss. Like someone else said regarding orange drops, when they do happen, we should get a choice in them. An ultra defensive orange ring bound to my DPS oriented character is effectively worthless for anything other than salvage. And that is unsatisfying. either allow players to trade those items or allow them to choose from a list when legendaries do drop.
    - In keeping with this, there needs to be a fair deal more of variety to the end game. affter reaching 70, everyone upgrades via alliance through to either drowcraft/elven/dusk armour, all similar in stats save from offensive/defensive varieties. everyone runs around with an elemental weapon, until they upgrade to the one gained from farming Demogorgon. Customization plays second fiddle to min/maxing when the end game should be the exact opposite and allow for a lot more build tweaking. Customization will also improve and sustain interest in the game and encourage us to have less clutter in our inventories and more different armours, weapons and artifacts, which are much more fun to collect (and spend money on collecting) than the mess of keys and overconvoluted refinement items which take up 2/3 of my inventory slots. It's fairly obvious that this myriad of keys and refining ingredients serve to nudge us into buying more bags/bank slots, but I contend w'd be much more prone to buying inventory space if instead of drab refining items I could fill it with cool stuff I could use according to occasion and show off around.

Some of these suggestions may require a partial rework of some systems, but that is, IMO, something that should be done down the line. The amount of currencies to keep track of is way beyond the limits of what's reasonable and the end result is more punishing than rewarding. If you are indeed serious about listening to feedback, keep this in mind and follow the natural premiss that you won't attract players by burying your (admiteddly quite) fun game under a truckload of barriers to access. Like you guys said yourselves, AD is in the game as a tradeoff for time/money. Those with time grind the AD, those with cash will spend it and ideally most people will spend both some time AND some money on your game because they're having fun. And with as many paywalls and currencies, you're seriously undermining it at the moment.

But in the short term, fix the dungeon loot to make playing the game rewarding and giving players a meaningful return of time/moeny investment for using dungeon keys.
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Honestly have a reroll system in the chest. I open it i use the key, i dont like what i see reroll it, and then for a fairly decent AD price allow a reroll a third time. This does not mean you will like what you get any of the three times but if i open a chest and its for a protection pally id much rather have the ability to reroll it for hope of a Healdin Item. This way it isnt a waste of a key upfront. is there a chance that i could reroll it 3 times and never get a Healdin item? i would honestly hope so but it shouldnt be to aweful that if i open 500 chests and reroll 3 times on each that i never get a healdin item. the other option would involve a lot of item manipulation but would make gear loot alterable....IE.. i looted Helm it has crit strikeand armor pen on it. have the ability to change it to Power and recovery. just my thoughts about it
  • hatchetknightshatchetknights Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Nice, kind of an issue trying too hard to get an item and never getting it ;_; and suggestions? I have a few, which I hope at least one of them could be chosen or appropiate, since chossing more than one would be giving too much I guess.
    • First: Refining Stones/items worth at least 5000 RP at end chests. For example, a small possibility (like coalescent ward suggestion I read above from one of the replies, i.e. with a certain criteria) of getting a blood ruby or a tiny stack of normal/greater resonance stones, tiny being ranged between 1-3, depending on the rarity of the loot.
    • Second: depending of the dungeon/skirmish, a chance of getting a reinforcement kit or jewel of a level appropiate. Example, Cragmire Crypts may drop a Lesser Reinforcement Kit/Jewel, Gray Wolf Den drops Normal, Normal Temple of the Spider Greater, and from Epic Dungeons/skirmishes and so on will be Major
    • Third: Chance of Rank 7 or 8 enchantments since rank 5/6 are mostly considered artifact/enchantment food for most ppl.
    • Fourth: Balance the chances of underdark rings to appear at underdark encounters/skirmishes/dungeons, like making ring of cowardice less likely to appear and give some equality between the same level rings, also making +4 and +5 more likely to appear, since i only got three +4 rings ever (1 of Brutality, 2 of Cowardice) and i've played underdark quite enough to know
    • Fifth: the amount of effort when taking down certain final bosses, not to mention delving the dungeon itself, it's harsh for many players, a loot bag dropping from epic final bosses with something more than one aquamarine or one elemental alliance item would be really nice
    In my opinion, the first three ar more possibly to be considered but it's worth the try mention the other things about dungeon/skirmish
    Santiago Hatchet: GWF Swd/destroyer lvl 70 ilvl 12.3k
    Hina Demon: CW Storm/Thaumaturge lvl 70 ilvl 10k
    Lizzie Drakeclaw: TR MI/Exec lvl 70 ilvl 9.2k
    Hinata Shadow: DC Heals/Buffs AC lvl 70 ilvl 10.1k
    ========================
    Black Legolas: HR Crit Archery/Stormwarden lvl 62
    Eberk Blazebeard: GF DPS/Tank Swd/Conq lvl 49
    Hinata Demon Mega: SW lvl 22
    Sir Integra Hellsing: OP lvl 10 (just started)
    >>Free Spot if NWN does not delete my toons<<</i>
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    keys should be made in 1 minute instead of 20 hours, unless you plan to change the keys back. If you are still feeling greedy you should add a higher chance to get rare drops with legendary keys from the zen market.
  • jude#3765 jude Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Please increase the number of Rough Astral Diamonds that we can refine daily. With the luxury items ranging from the millions, how do you expect us to buy those items if we can only refine 36,000 daily? It makes it very tempting to get those diamonds from other sources.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    The more I think of this the more I think that the ability to peek and keep our key is fundamental to this game, and should NOT be removed. Ever.

Slogging through the same dungeon just to open a slightly cheaper gambling lockbox will drive players completely away. If we're honest with ourselves we need to realize that they will never up the drop rates of good rewards to a level that's satisfactory, and grinding a dungeon to open a lockbox is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design.

However they spin this feature, it's one of the only redeeming qualities that this game has left. Saving our key for a chance at better loot later is necessary to this games longevity IMO. People will see the light eventually.
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    No devs since the beginning of this thread???
    Ha. Should we hAve expected more?
  • midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Yerp, no devs in how many weeks capable of fixing anything? These guys must work part time or have no power (puppets) to influence change. Considering the angst without any confirmation on issues being resolved is pretty damaging. They do not care.

Fix the game, it's broken so bad you've lost a lot of players across all platforms. You're all going to unemployed soon enough if you don't do something NOW.
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Seems like opening chests In the game are about like opening a birthday card from you grandma, she meant well and two bucks in her day would really go along way, but kind of a sad now.
    Inyaway,

i get coloring books as my birthday gift from my "geat grandmother", i remember my first book was "Tinderbox", i thought it was dumb until i give chance to read, and really like the story of poor soldier on the way home from distant war, was wayliad by a witch needing his help, then his luck changed

the one i had was happier ending, and other version that i found years later, looking for it, was more darker tale.

i was too young to understand and regretted for not saying thank you, i was 8 yrs back in 1970. she was in 90's and still had full red hair with few greys, rare genes for red hair like others that i knew went early white hair when they had red hair.

sorry for off-topic, modders. i think most players are waiting to hear from devs regarding poor "RNG" factor with boss chests, i dont want to waste my keys for nothing. real tired of no-trade/no sell Breyer's book.
    please make vast improvements but no small tiny adjustment that seem not getting value. we look at as "monized" and get rip off, then we get real upset.
  • trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @rapo973
    That seems like legit rewards for a Month grind to unlock the dungeon, 100 trade bars, and 100's of he's.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    jude#3765 said:

Please increase the number of Rough Astral Diamonds that we can refine daily. With the luxury items ranging from the millions, how do you expect us to buy those items if we can only refine 36,000 daily? It makes it very tempting to get those diamonds from other sources.

u can use multiple chars and reach limit on all of them, then use zax to transfer to main char all the ad, this is legal if u earn the ad correctly
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Nothing is going to change, and even if it does it won't be valid because this is a F2P game that they are trying to squeeze all of the money they can out of it before the ship sinks. Even XBOX and PS4 players are seeing the game for what it is early on and you can't help but feel cheated by the lame rewards that we are given in this game.

I bought a Hero of the North Pack before the game even came out because I wanted to support a new D&D game at the time, and the fact that it took place in the Forgotten Realms, was the icing on the cake. I have read almost every FR book ever printed and I was excited to see that lore in a game. As time has gone on, it is obvious that we are always getting less and less quality content and just a looped grind. Neverwinter was fun, but now it's a carrot on a stick, without the carrot. People are better off to walk away instead of being annoyed. Things will not change, at least not the way people are asking. I know this because I understand the tightrope they are walking and it's just not feasible to start putting Coalescent Wards as a reward of any kind. That is one of their cash cows, and if you think they are going to change that, you are just setting yourself up for more disappointment. Don't do it to yourself. There are a ton of other games out there that want to reward you for time spent.

Ask yourself this. If your ship was sinking because of many small holes, would you try and save the ship? If your ship was sinking because of one giant fissure, would you just let it sink? Odds are you would at least try something, as opposed to sitting on the bow with a bottle of rum, while you slowly descend to the bottom.
    Rapo, wow, felt getting rob for having seals and other currencies? i see no lootable gears. thanks for letting me know how bad it is. they really need a true gamer to fix the loots. i had few ideas, but they are buried under other topics, seeing no one else offer better ideas.
    just my opiniom, those seals are suppose to be drop by bosses, not in the chests, and they shouldnt be in any, i mean ANY epic dragon chests.
    what we do with seals once we got all the gears and some elite enchants. it just piled up unspendable for months.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Get out while you can! They are purposefully destroying the game for some reason.

They WANT it to fail! That's the only possible reason for their (in)actions.... Why? Only 'they' know why..