What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    wylonus said:

Rapo, wow, felt getting rob for having seals and other currencies? i see no lootable gears. thanks for letting me know how bad it is. they really need a true gamer to fix the loots. i had few ideas, but they are buried under other topics, seeing no one else offer better ideas.
    just my opiniom, those seals are suppose to be drop by bosses, not in the chests, and they shouldnt be in any, i mean ANY epic dragon chests.
    what we do with seals once we got all the gears and some elite enchants. it just piled up unspendable for months.

The chest delivers a wide range of loots. Sometimes the items are not so bad: +5 rings are something that I would like to have, but till now no luck despite so many runs. As the U2 song says, I still haven't found what I'm looking for..the right helm and at least a +5 ring.
    But that's not the point. The point is that the "decline" button is currently a good thing when I find such loot. I would be very upset if I had to waste my daily key for such trash.
    Solution? We have been asked to provide ideas, but I prefer the other way around: discuss a concrete proposal, otherwise it's just sharing personal preferences and nothing else.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    It would be nice if they would pipe in - even if only to ask for clarification on some of the suggestions, so that we know they are actually there and reading.

End game chests should = end game loot
    Coal wards
    Armor kits
    high end enchantments
    bonding runestones
    AD jackpot
    companions
    mounts
    higher drop rate on artifacts
    Rings, and other things that we need
    companion gear
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I hate to say it but the problem with this thread is it's completely unrealistic. I agree that end loot for a dungeon like FBI needs to be better than it is for CN. I agree that taking away a key game feature (i will NEVER call peeking in a chest a bug after all this time) means you need to give better rewards.

I would love to get coal wards, armor kits, bonding stones, etc. But seriously, those are items that are supposed to be hard to obtain. I would be happy with higher drop rates on artifacts, rings, higher level enchants, etc. I don't need things added to the loot table that weren't there in any form already.

I just want the good stuff to actually drop a little more often than once or twice a year. OK, a LOT more often if you get rid of peeking.
  • Options
    excat56#5321 excat56 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I hate to say it but the problem with this thread is it's completely unrealistic.

Please, explain how this thread is completely unrealistic. Sorry, wanting to play a game without investing hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to get "required" gear to play the content they create in any sort of timely fashion is not "unrealistic". By that logic, every game in existence that doesn't lock their gear, equipment, etc, by pay walls/gambling walls, is an "unrealistic" game. Might I add, there's thousands of those unrealistic games out there, and more are being created and released.

Do you for one second think they don't think...oh, if we give them complete HAMSTER rng, and content they can't play without this specific gear for their class, and give them these lockboxes that give them a chance at hope of acquiring this stuff....yeah, that's a great idea! But even better, lets give them HAMSTER rng in those lockboxes too! Then better yet, lets put stuff in a marketplace where when they finally get tired of not getting ANYTHING, they can pay REAL money for it, yeah..even better, we can HAMSTER them 3x that way! Then, lets add insult to injury, lets give them that awesome legendary ring they want, but of NO USE for them! Yeah, kick 'em right in the balls! Yeah, yeah! lets do that! Perfect idea....

I'm glad you are willing to bend over for this company. Thankfully the voice of the majority that is voicing their's here is much different. The bad news is what happens when that majority leaves.....

Would this force them to come out with new content? Of course it would, if they didn't, people would "beat" the game so to say, and move on. End game in NW is their RNG, not their content. MMO's are meant to be under constant development, improvement, and expansion, all 3 of which this game lacks at the core. Let's not even get into how they screwed consoles with their "mass" content drop, so most ppl skipped everything they could to get to year 3 end game, and missed everything else along the way. Or lets not talk about introducing alliances so early for PS4, and the HAMSTER storm that has caused.

Look at year 1 Destiny, The Division...you'll see first hand what happens to games when players don't get rewarded. NW is just as bad as both of those games, then add the gambling/paywall into the mix. Destiny finally fixed their HAMSTER for the most part after 3 years, The Division may honestly never recover. I paid $100 for gold addition, won't touch the game after the bs they did to that game. Aside from the campaign, that game has been a total let down. Both of those companies went into panic mode and rebuilt their rng, Destiny did several times.

• Options
    swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Related to this im nearing the decision to quit or not.

My current stance is i'm not spending any further RL money on this game until i see improvement in a few areas. If this results in further detriment due to black friday spenders then itll likely hasten my departure.

If none of these areas are addressed by mid December then i'll likely go.

1. Positive signs on key gate -> no news is a negative

2. Buff and DPS bias of the game. I play all roles in MMOs but i especially like to heal ppl. This game is the worst MMO for healers and tanks. Compare to ESO and FF14 on PS4 and its a joke. If i want to kill i go FPS.

3. Morongrind...i mean voningrind...why!!

4. Rewards for playing the game not for controlling the AH. If i wanted a gambling and trading game id go stock trading. I play this game because i like the lore and want to play to progress...not pay to win or rely lockbox luck or AH trading (which gives you better returns than actually playing)
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I'm glad you are willing to bend over for this company. Thankfully the voice of the majority that is voicing their's here is much different.

I'm glad that my opinion on this matter forces you to resort to insults. I've never bent over for this company and never will. My investment in this game equaled the cost of 1 game. I would never put more than that into this game at this point. They've broken/nerfed/removed/ignored too many things for too long. It was obvious that this game was built around paying $ if you wanted to progress faster. That's their business model. Which is why I said it's unrealistic to think they're going to start giving you items they sell for 1000 zen for free just because the player base has a fit.

Did I say you can't give ideas for the items? Nope. Do I think being hopeful and offering ideas on what we want is a bad thing? Nope. Did I say I didn't want to earn the items people have given as ideas? Nope. Are you required to spend hundreds of hundreds of dollars to gear up? Nope. Am I happy with the RNG in this game? Hell no.

Hell I've been on the fence as to whether I want to continue playing this grindy, cash grab much longer. I completely agree that this game is currently designed to drive people away due to the structure of rewarding players. But keep thinking I bend over and hand the company my wallet. Perhaps that was the path you took and now you're sour about dropping hundreds on lockboxes that got you nowhere.

And no offense but I've seen the same core people on these forums for the past year that I've been playing. Perhaps you think that the "majority" of the userbase comes to the forums. I don't think that's true at all. The forums aren't even as active as they used to be. Before keypocalypse there was hardly any activity at all.

Anyway, I'm done with you and this topic since it won't make a bit of difference when it comes to the final decision by the company.

/endrant
  • Options
    bomber#0573 bomber Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    The way it stands atm the loot tables and RnG in this game are complete nonsense. It should not take you 8 tries to upgrade an item with a supposed "90%" chance of success and you should not be able to run 23 Demogorgon instances without getting a decent reward (+1 rings don't cut it).

I'm not asking for handouts I am simply looking for an incentive to run content and quite frankly it is just not there.
  • Options

I'm glad you are willing to bend over for this company. Thankfully the voice of the majority that is voicing their's here is much different.

I'm glad that my opinion on this matter forces you to resort to insults. I've never bent over for this company and never will. My investment in this game equaled the cost of 1 game. I would never put more than that into this game at this point. They've broken/nerfed/removed/ignored too many things for too long. It was obvious that this game was built around paying $ if you wanted to progress faster. That's their business model. Which is why I said it's unrealistic to think they're going to start giving you items they sell for 1000 zen for free just because the player base has a fit.

Did I say you can't give ideas for the items? Nope. Do I think being hopeful and offering ideas on what we want is a bad thing? Nope. Did I say I didn't want to earn the items people have given as ideas? Nope. Are you required to spend hundreds of hundreds of dollars to gear up? Nope. Am I happy with the RNG in this game? Hell no.

Hell I've been on the fence as to whether I want to continue playing this grindy, cash grab much longer. I completely agree that this game is currently designed to drive people away due to the structure of rewarding players. But keep thinking I bend over and hand the company my wallet. Perhaps that was the path you took and now you're sour about dropping hundreds on lockboxes that got you nowhere.

And no offense but I've seen the same core people on these forums for the past year that I've been playing. Perhaps you think that the "majority" of the userbase comes to the forums. I don't think that's true at all. The forums aren't even as active as they used to be. Before keypocalypse there was hardly any activity at all.

Anyway, I'm done with you and this topic since it won't make a bit of difference when it comes to the final decision by the company.

/endrant

I think you took my comments as an attack on you, which they weren't. There were no insults. Not even the bending over part. Bending over just isn't with your wallet, it's with your time too. I think you missed the point of my comments. You saying the problem with this thread is it's unrealistic. No, it's not. Sure, have your doubts, I think EVERYONE does, and there's little reason to have any faith or trust that this company will actually do something that is a positive QOL improvement for their players in regards to this "bug fix", which is utterly sad for the people that have played long term. Even their no response to anything in this thread shows how little they care, or that they even care about the image they portray to their player base. Black Friday is in 2 weeks, and they've given people that care that much about this topic zero reasons to spend money.

Comments saying what people want out of the game being unrealistic, give zero positive feedback other than to continue to enable the cash cow model they currently have. There are way too many successful F2P models that have continued success long term that operate in a much more player friendly way other than the constant attempt to milk a person's wallet, with a much higher degree of respect to their player base.

I never said the majority of players are even on the forums. I said the majority of players that are voicing their opinion. Take some time to actually understand what someone is trying to say before just jumping on the insult/butt hurt band wagon.

If I wanted to insult you, trust me, you'd know I was insulting you, which is irrelevant because "you're done with me", *slow clap*.

Nevertheless, keep the thread alive. Keep letting them know we're not happy, and throwing out even outlandish or stupid ideas. Don't sell yourself short, don't settle for less.

• Options
    namebrandsnamebrands Member Posts: 21 Arc User

I hate to say it but the problem with this thread is it's completely unrealistic.

Please, explain how this thread is completely unrealistic. Sorry, wanting to play a game without investing hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to get "required" gear to play the content they create in any sort of timely fashion is not "unrealistic". By that logic, every game in existence that doesn't lock their gear, equipment, etc, by pay walls/gambling walls, is an "unrealistic" game. Might I add, there's thousands of those unrealistic games out there, and more are being created and released.

Do you for one second think they don't think...oh, if we give them complete HAMSTER rng, and content they can't play without this specific gear for their class, and give them these lockboxes that give them a chance at hope of acquiring this stuff....yeah, that's a great idea! But even better, lets give them HAMSTER rng in those lockboxes too! Then better yet, lets put stuff in a marketplace where when they finally get tired of not getting ANYTHING, they can pay REAL money for it, yeah..even better, we can HAMSTER them 3x that way! Then, lets add insult to injury, lets give them that awesome legendary ring they want, but of NO USE for them! Yeah, kick 'em right in the balls! Yeah, yeah! lets do that! Perfect idea....

I'm glad you are willing to bend over for this company. Thankfully the voice of the majority that is voicing their's here is much different. The bad news is what happens when that majority leaves.....

Would this force them to come out with new content? Of course it would, if they didn't, people would "beat" the game so to say, and move on. End game in NW is their RNG, not their content. MMO's are meant to be under constant development, improvement, and expansion, all 3 of which this game lacks at the core. Let's not even get into how they screwed consoles with their "mass" content drop, so most ppl skipped everything they could to get to year 3 end game, and missed everything else along the way. Or lets not talk about introducing alliances so early for PS4, and the HAMSTER storm that has caused.

Look at year 1 Destiny, The Division...you'll see first hand what happens to games when players don't get rewarded. NW is just as bad as both of those games, then add the gambling/paywall into the mix. Destiny finally fixed their HAMSTER for the most part after 3 years, The Division may honestly never recover. I paid $100 for gold addition, won't touch the game after the bs they did to that game. Aside from the campaign, that game has been a total let down. Both of those companies went into panic mode and rebuilt their rng, Destiny did several times.

Sorry to say I have to disagree with you, somewhat. I agree that a lot of what you're saying is the way it SHOULD be, BUT, you're forgetting 1 key point ~ This is a f2p game. This is how these games work. Do some google reviewing of cryptic/pwi and you'll see this is par for the course. This isn't a subscription based MMORPG, it's thew f2p cash cow method of get as much as you can up front and if/when it dies off - no big deal, we'll just copy and paste the code with some new skins and make a "new" game. Why do you think this game was originally released on PC with the SAME EXACT game breaking auction house exploit that Star Trek Online had? Hell, I think somewhere in this game there was even some NPC dialogue that was actually FROM Star Trek Online until they changed it. Simply put, this game was never meant to last as long as some other big MMORPGs. I mean cmon, if you've played any other major MMORPGS (and by the sounds of your commentary then you have), then you have to admit how hollow new content in this game is. The ad nauseum HE grinding, etc.

So yeah, I would agree with your thoughts if this were a subscription based game, but since its a F2P PWI/Cryptic game, then seriously, this is just business as usual for them.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @namebrands
    I totally disagree with you too :)

In this game you hitvlvl 70 "pretty fast" and until there you basically need nothing than time for level up and it's kinda fun.

At this point, either you think there is better game and you leave it there or you enjoy and want to invest some time...

Soon after that you realise you need at the very very very very least a 110% mount (35 euros )and VIP...
    Maybe first month or so you'll grind your vip with da -> zen
    But, and i think i speak for the majority, since you play a lot you come to accept that spending 10 euros (1000z) for monthly vip is acceptable considering the time you spent enjoying the game.
    So you'll have more time to do do dunjeons and maybe loot something nice and play auction games.

So no and absolutely no, i'm convinced all long course players pay that "false suscription " named vip.

Off course there is many that manipulate the auction house or simply are rich irl and doesn't have to spend a cent in the game...
    But i'm sure many people pay that suscription with zen buyed with real money...

Sometime you loot something nice ( or not) and you feel like : ok im in the mood for spending a few buck to speed up the process or gear up.

That how things works from my point of view. They earn enought money to give us quality content...

I neve saw this game like a real f2p, it IS a paid game to enjoy....
    Or a real f2p but only to get mad like crazy after lvl70
    Anyone who dont put a cent in this game will not last long because frustration will make him leave.
  • Options

Sorry to say I have to disagree with you, somewhat. I agree that a lot of what you're saying is the way it SHOULD be, BUT, you're forgetting 1 key point ~ This is a f2p game. This is how these games work. Do some google reviewing of cryptic/pwi and you'll see this is par for the course. This isn't a subscription based MMORPG, it's thew f2p cash cow method of get as much as you can up front and if/when it dies off - no big deal, we'll just copy and paste the code with some new skins and make a "new" game. Why do you think this game was originally released on PC with the SAME EXACT game breaking auction house exploit that Star Trek Online had? Hell, I think somewhere in this game there was even some NPC dialogue that was actually FROM Star Trek Online until they changed it. Simply put, this game was never meant to last as long as some other big MMORPGs. I mean cmon, if you've played any other major MMORPGS (and by the sounds of your commentary then you have), then you have to admit how hollow new content in this game is. The ad nauseum HE grinding, etc.

So yeah, I would agree with your thoughts if this were a subscription based game, but since its a F2P PWI/Cryptic game, then seriously, this is just business as usual for them.

Sadly, I agree, with everything, as much as I don't want to. It is done in other F2P models, just not theirs. It doesn't keep one from hoping for change though does it? Lol. I guess wish in one hand, HAMSTER in the other. We know which one is filling up faster.
  • Options
    dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    +4 and +5 rings should come in choice packs related to their dungeon; bound to account is fine.

Gear should be attainable; I've been running Prophecy of Madness for months multiple times a days to the point that it has actually given me an irritated joint (btw protect the prophecy is still bugged for gold completion).

While grinding isn't necessarily bad, the current system just takes the fun out of the game.

On the other hand if things are too easy, what reason is there to play? Hard is fine, yet current drop rates are plain stupid (hamster?).

May I suggest a system of rising chance for gear related drops? Every time you don't get it the chance of getting it will increase for next time around?

Maybe a system where you let the dungeon know beforehand what loot you are after (sort of a wishlist thing)?

I've ran countless Demogorgon runs, basically every time normal pops I tend to queue for it; have been doing so for around half a year and I have yet to see a belt or a +5, the occasional worthless fang sure...

Also rewards should be scaled towards the IL required to finish a dungeon. That said the IL for a dungeon like CN is silly. This is no place for 2k gear score characters, run a full 2k group and see if you can finish it. Maybe a full ranged DPS team could, but a TANK team certainly can't. The realistic IL requirement should be 2750. Tiamat should most likely be around 2500 instead of 1700 (or be made easier so 1700 's have a chance to stay alive and contribute somewhat).

Also rewards should be scaled towards the completion time a reasonably stronger team then the requirement takes. Which means for CN pugs that the rewards should match somewhere around 45-50 minutes time spend (then take into account queue waiting time on top of that). Nobody runs Valindra or Malabog's Castle (while fun it takes wayyyy too long for it's rewards).

Lastly failure rate should be added into the time equation somewhere as well.
  • Options
    mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    kreatyve said:

Yerp, no devs in how many weeks capable of fixing anything? These guys must work part time or have no power (puppets) to influence change. Considering the angst without any confirmation on issues being resolved is pretty damaging. They do not care.

Fix the game, it's broken so bad you've lost a lot of players across all platforms. You're all going to unemployed soon enough if you don't do something NOW.

Just because they haven't commented, does not mean they aren't reading the thread. They did delay the changes after all, even though they only made a couple of comments in the original thread. Remind me on Monday, and I'll see if I can't get Andy to get someone to comment.
    Hey gang, We are monitoring, reading the forums and making notes. I currently have 2.5 designers working on this. Rewards are inherently a challenge from every angle, and we are working to release something that will appeal to a broad range of players.
    Kreative's feedback is not as helpful as Aeaolan or Blackjackwidow or (I'm gonna spell this wrong, sorry) Maulwufumal's have been- all of which I have shared with my team. We do care, and caring sometimes takes time.
    Regards,

M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • Options
    midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 11 posts total from your account.

Please engage the community more often. It would be really great if 'time' and 'change logs' could be shared. Would be nice to know what changes are in the works and when to expect them. Doesn't have to be exact, just a rough estimate to allow for scope creep should some things prove more difficult to implement.

I've stopped playing myself, not even getting keys on 7 months VIP and have lost all trust in this company. Better communication and confirmation on changes will go a long way to restoring relations.

PS4 player, spent hundreds until I gave up on zero loot. I work full time and have a family so have 0 chance with current system to run alts at end game.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

Yerp, no devs in how many weeks capable of fixing anything? These guys must work part time or have no power (puppets) to influence change. Considering the angst without any confirmation on issues being resolved is pretty damaging. They do not care.

Fix the game, it's broken so bad you've lost a lot of players across all platforms. You're all going to unemployed soon enough if you don't do something NOW.

Just because they haven't commented, does not mean they aren't reading the thread. They did delay the changes after all, even though they only made a couple of comments in the original thread. Remind me on Monday, and I'll see if I can't get Andy to get someone to comment.
    Hey gang, We are monitoring, reading the forums and making notes. I currently have 2.5 designers working on this. Rewards are inherently a challenge from every angle, and we are working to release something that will appeal to a broad range of players.
    Kreative's feedback is not as helpful as Aeaolan or Blackjackwidow or (I'm gonna spell this wrong, sorry) Maulwufumal's have been- all of which I have shared with my team. We do care, and caring sometimes takes time.
    Regards,

M.K.
    Ummm.... thanks. I think. I left my feedback pages and pages ago. I don't want peridots from chests. I want a good chance at something awesome and useful. Companions. Mounts. Unbound fashion or gear that I can sell if I don't want to use. If something in a chest is not going to be something useful to me I want to be able to sell it for AD to someone who can make use of it. And no - not send it to an alt because it's account bound, because I generally don't play on any of my alts.
    The problem being that anything that drops in chests only has value if it has a low drop rate or value that isn't significantly affected by drop rate. So something like a mount, companion or fashion item only has value at a low drop rate. Something like RP, wards, companion upgrade tokens, salvage etc. has value that isn't affected by drop rates. I'd rather see items that have more consistent value added to chests even if they are bound.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

urabask said:

kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

Regards,

M.K.
    Ummm.... thanks. I think. I left my feedback pages and pages ago. I don't want peridots from chests. I want a good chance at something awesome and useful. Companions. Mounts. Unbound fashion or gear that I can sell if I don't want to use. If something in a chest is not going to be something useful to me I want to be able to sell it for AD to someone who can make use of it. And no - not send it to an alt because it's account bound, because I generally don't play on any of my alts.
    The problem being that anything that drops in chests only has value if it has a low drop rate or value that isn't significantly affected by drop rate. So something like a mount, companion or fashion item only has value at a low drop rate. Something like RP, wards, companion upgrade tokens, salvage etc. has value that isn't affected by drop rates. I'd rather see items that have more consistent value added to chests even if they are bound.
    Well obviously if companions or mounts would drop, they would have to give it a low drop rate. Gear and RP stuff would need to be "common rewards" with low drop rate rewards being really good "OMG, look what I just got out of this chest, I didn't even know I could get this, this is incredible" type stuff.
    Adding more rare drops wouldn't really address the problems created by taking away the ability to check chests before spending a key. The focus should be on finding a way to add more value to the worst case scenario without adversely affecting the economy.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I hate to say it but the problem with this thread is it's completely unrealistic. I agree that end loot for a dungeon like FBI needs to be better than it is for CN. I agree that taking away a key game feature (i will NEVER call peeking in a chest a bug after all this time) means you need to give better rewards.

I would love to get coal wards, armor kits, bonding stones, etc. But seriously, those are items that are supposed to be hard to obtain. I would be happy with higher drop rates on artifacts, rings, higher level enchants, etc. I don't need things added to the loot table that weren't there in any form already.

I just want the good stuff to actually drop a little more often than once or twice a year. OK, a LOT more often if you get rid of peeking.

For the most part, I disagree with this. You say you'd be happy with just higher droprates on the items already in the loot tables but this is more like the bare minimum of what could be called an improvement and is a little boring. Its nice that that makes you happy but this game needs more than just the bare minimum and people really need something they can get excited about for a change or this game is going to continue to decay. The items that I see people asking for in this thread so far are reasonable as long as the droprate for them is also reasonable. I see nothing wrong with bonding stones, armor kits, coal wards, ect being a potential drop as long as people aren't landing them too often.

The loot tables need a much wider variety of items than what currently can drop in addition to droprate improvements on items already available. There are a lot more items in the game than there were when this loot system was set up and the loot table should take this into account. A longer loot table would also act as an additional safeguard to help keep each item in it from losing its value. The devs could set up the new loot system so that it has tiers of loot and each tier has a list of similarly priced items in it instead of a fixed drop from that tier. You won't often score an item from the best tiers but when you do, what you get is random but is similarly priced to the other items you could have gotten from that tier. This system would make it so those making the effort to farm dungeons get rewarded and also helps keep too many of a single item from entering the economy at a time and causing price drops.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    please remember 3 kinds of dungeon chests, open chest/profession nodes for craftings and resources, and boss chests with bonus seals, gems (no white or green), random refine items, and then the "Dragon Chests" are end-zone elite chests for armors, elite refine items, and any chances of random epic items, plus random chance of astral diamonds.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

kreatyve said:

Regards,

M.K.
    Good to know someone on the dev team is still reading this thread. TY for commenting and working to improve the game.

I will mention however... was the jab at Kreatyve really necessary O_o ???? It seems pretty uncalled for and it looks like you are playing favorite child, just saying.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User

I currently have 2.5 designers working on this.

What happened to the other half of the 3rd dev?
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    edited November 2016

They ran out of pizza so they ate his legs. Apparently, his feedback wasn't as helpful as the others'...

You got off easy Kreatyve ;)
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I think it's 2.5 FTE (full time equivalent): it's a measure (a ratio) of the time allocated on a task vs. the total available time and not the measure of the number of real designers working on it.
    For example: You have three designers and they work 50 hours, 40 hours, and 10 hours per week - totaling 100 hours on that task. Assuming a full-time designer works 40 hours per week, your full time equivalent calculation is 100 hours divided by 40 hours, or 2.5 FTE. It could be a team of 5 designers, including the lead designer, totaling 100 hours, but it's again 2.5 FTE. It's ordinary project management.

If you think that Cryptic is not a big company, the message is that they are investing a lot of time and resources on this task.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    null
    @mimicking#6533
    It's nice to see you read us on keys matter...
    i know this isn't the topic but it's sor rare to see a dev here and when they do it's just to state obvious like : " we ear you it takes time"....
    Maybe if you really cared like you say you would ask us before doing bads move and then spend months fixing your lack of care in the first place...

Have you looked at the disaster concerning scourge warlock nerfed to the ground ?
    Like usual, you destroyed the class in the sake of fixing bugs but without doing something about the general ridiculously low dps whe have now as warlocks strikers...

Why can't you never do a full job by testing or asking, some community menbers here know the character and mecanic better than you do...

You basically ruined the class and we are actually useless in the game.
    We spent alot of money in our character and we 'll not spend a dollar more or time to build an other class character fom scratch....
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rapo973 said:

I think it's 2.5 FTE (full time equivalent): it's a measure (a ratio) of the time allocated on a task vs. the total available time and not the measure of the number of real designers working on it.
    For example: You have three designers and they work 50 hours, 40 hours, and 10 hours per week - totaling 100 hours on that task. Assuming a full-time designer works 40 hours per week, your full time equivalent calculation is 100 hours divided by 40 hours, or 2.5 FTE. It could be a team of 5 designers, including the lead designer, totaling 100 hours, but it's again 2.5 FTE. It's ordinary project management.

If you think that Cryptic is not a big company, the message is that they are investing a lot of time and resources on this task.
    Oh, my teasing aside, I thought maybe he meant the 3rd dev was working on this part of the time and the other 2 were working on it full time. My first impression of his message didn't exactly leave me brimming with confidence. Lol scratching my head less now.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Id like for the 2.5 FTE to outline the directions they are considering and seek constructive feedback.

I.e

Focus 1. Loot rates
    Focus 2. Loot types
    Focus 3. Alternatives - new token system

...etc...

Most people are rational individually and when presented with reasoned views are usually constructive.

2.5 FTE plus guided feedback from community will push this further than 2.5 FTE trying to decide what they think is best without consultation..

At least this is how it works in other product focused industries.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I'd much rather pay the current 14 silver than any quantity of adventurer seals, thx.

Incidentally, those same vendors also sell nice rare gear for level-10 and -20 characters, but since their inventory updates as you level, a lot of players likely never find that.

If someone wants to add more vendors back to the marketplace, start with the two corners where seal vendors were outright removed. The AD vendors were also outright removed, which was fair because their wares were a rip-off (not unique inventory, but grossly overpriced). Put some discontinued NPCs back before monkeying with the inventory of the ones that remain.

Preview the necklaces from the jewelry vendor and see how many examples of unique art for chokers there are. A lot of work went into making different equipment appearances for the game's launch, and most of the systems for delivering them have been gutted.

I have noticed that a lot of the older gear looks better than the newer stuff and have used some of it before in transmuting. I don't want any of it removed, I mainly suggested moving it to the adventurer's seal vendors to make it so it can be accessed from one place and to free up the other vendors for potential quality of life updates. Your suggestion of simply putting back the vendors that were taken out and utilizing those would work fine too. I'm just tired of Cryptic not fully utilizing its older content. So much stuff that was never updated, so much lost potential in so many places, and this game had a great starting backbone.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,