What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User

@mimicking#6533 @strumslinger

I saw in another discussion on reddit, Destiny has a system where you have a chance to get a golden key where you can choose the loot from the chest.  Bind the key to the content so people aren't farming easy dungeons to get loot from the more difficult ones.  Something like this should be a potential chest reward, boss drop.  And creating a token system where every 50 runs you're guaranteed a golden key to choose the loot you have missed.

All players with a level 70 character should get a special golden key that can be used in any dungeon/group content to select the loot they are missing.  Plenty of us have 100 - 200+ runs on some content without getting the drop, Orcus Shard and Haarls treaty has been impossible for me, as to any legendary +5 rings.

The same for enchanted keys should apply, open 200 lock boxes of a certain type get guaranteed Legendary mount drop.

Players didn't just leave due to the proposed changes, it was the massive buildup of the continued frustration from never getting the item they had worked so hard on getting.  You need to reward those players retrospectively for time and effort, sure some don't deserve it though people by and large will be happy and will continue working on alts and new builds so you're hardly going to lose anything by making a few players happy to finally receive the coveted item they had long tried to attain.

I like these ideas ,although anouther way of fixing lock boxes would be to have your account have an increasing chance of getting the best item by say 1% increase per lock box opened that way you know that by 100 lock boxes opened (3 months worth of vip daily keys) you are going to get that legendary mount you waited so long for.
    Once recieving one legendary item your chance resets to normal but then builds up again by the same 1% per lockbox till the next legendary drop.
    This would also fix the AH prices to a more reasonable amount cause lets face it 40 million AD for a tensors floating disc in the AH is the stupidist most insultingly priced item i have ever seen in any game.
    And even worse is the legendary proffesion assets prices so you could make secondary boxes from the lockboxes have the same increase of 1% per secondary boxes opened.
    AH prices would go down to a more reasonable level but more people would be willing to buy the items rather than open 100 lock boxes,and more people would be willing to buy vip knowing that after 3 months worth they could have a legendary mount.

Regarding the dungeon chests you could do the same system for those where each time you run the same dungeon youre chance to get the highest reward increases say 15-20% then resets once you recieve the highest reward.

HOWEVER with both cases you need to make the % increase details and rewards completely transparently comunicated to players so we know what our chances are and how many dungeons we need to run/lockboxes to open to get the great item.
    Valve used to do lockboxes the same way theyre currently setup in NW and it wasnt untill they changed that they started selling huge amounts of boxes.Their new system works like this: each new box has 10 possible items you can get from it,
    its random which one of the 10 items you get BUT you do NOT get a duplicate UNTIL you have recieved one of each items ...it means that if you open 10 identical boxes you will wind up with one of each of the 10 possible items out of the boxes.
    People buy more boxes Because they know they only have to open a fixed maximum number to get that one item they really want ,this leads to new boxes more often released and greater variety of cosmetic items etc ,with more people opening boxes cryptic make more money and not the UBER rich players skimming 40 million AD off the AH from other players selling legendary mounts which they then buy more keys and sell more legendary mounts to get richer.
    These UBER rich players are the only ones that will complain about this system cause it drives AH prices down by making desirable items more achievable to a point where the majority of players can afford to buy items.

If you cater for the majority of players making all items more achievable people will spend small amounts of money more often to get that latest doodad/mount/artifact/whatever, thoose that dont want to spend RL money can still get the same item ...just takes more time ,lockboxes for example players can save up for 3 months VIP and know that in 3 months they get the latest legendary mount ,many wont want to wait and knowing its a maximum of 100 lock boxes to get one will buy that many keys,
    while still others will decide to wait till that mount they really want is cheap enough on AH.

EVERYONE WINS except for the greedy BOTTERS who are the only ones that can afford to throw 40 million AD around ,and the same botters having bought that item for 40 million AD will then sell it for real money on 3rd party websites!!!!!

But as i said the system needs to be transparent to players so we know exactly how many to open ,how many dungeon runs,or what the exact % is.
    RNG does NOT earn money for any company because the majority do not get what they want and only encourages botters and and unsavoury charactors trying to steal money from the game.

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    About the Epic Insignias as a reward, these shouldn't be considered as a 'main' reward, because their use is very limited. After a month or so, once fully equipped, they'll be nothing but coffer fodder. So, please give them only as an additional reward alongside other things.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So some things are going to be easier, quicker to patch. How long until we see some improvement on the loot drops? Surely increasing the chances on artifacts, +5s etc could be introduced before everything else.

Can someone confirm if there's going to be some emergency patching before coming up and implenting the full gamut of changes?

Would be nice to know what is coming and when we can expect to see the changes. My game time has dropped significantly after so many failed runs I'm burnt out and need some confirmation before I go and buy other games should these fixes drag out.
  • Options
    dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I'm a whale, played since mid 2015, but I'm working my way to the door.

Neverwinter is an interesting game, it is entertaining.

Prior to Mod 6, it was an awesome, fun, rewarding game that blew away anything else out there.

I think that there are two paths you could go down to get back the sense of satisfaction players get from completing content.

1) Dramatically increase the chances of players getting the loot that they're farming for, BoP.

2) Marginally raise the chabnces of players getting desirable drops that they're farming for, BoE.

This will either mean players get what they want or they can buy it. Either way, the content gets a lot more activity and player satisfaction goes way up.

Make sure that the rewards are always worth the cost of the key, or at least make sure that the average over time will be worth more than the cost of legendary dragon keys used to get the loot.

Your goal is to sell more keys, right? Our goal is to get better gear.

We can both achieve the goals at the same time.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Plain and simple, any item that is wholly attached to an RNG should be BoE. Anything that is purchasable with currencies from runs should be BtAoP. It should optimally be a mix of both, so that you're assured of getting something, and the content can be continued for the BoE RNG stuff.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    And, the worst and usually obtained reward should be worth no less than 75% of the cost of the Legendary Dragon Key. We did finish the run and are entitled to be rewarded. Also, no boss should ever drop nothing.

Or, bring back Dungeon Delves where all the chests are unlocked. Or, make the Key available from within the run as in Cloak Tower.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Or, make the Key available from within the run as in Cloak Tower.

This is actually a really neat mechanic, but unfortunately the chests it spawns in CT are not special, and just contain boring and worthless uncommon gear and common consumable items (and with only normal CT available, the loot is for level 12s).

But as far as more interesting dungeon design goes, people would be far less likely to skip things like the chest puzzle if it was actually worth doing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

@lordseth1985 special rewards chest should be opened with zen keys or currencies keys

Why?
    Why indeed.

Movement from getting loot just for beating the content to a key-based system is something that happened so gradually, we didn't entirely notice it happening. To be fair, some content still gives you a keyless reward. Yet... a lot doesn't. And not everyone has VIP for "free" keys either, which means that if your dungeon bosses drop you a big fat nothing, how unfortunate for you. The keys that are for a "bonus" reward have been a buffer against really bad, horrible, terrible loot and even worse odds.

Crafting campaign keys means consciously deciding you're going to use that currency to make a key and not put it into SH resources. That conflicting demand bothers me a lot, the more I think about it.

If they want to monetize why the heck can't they monetize fashion, mounts, cool effects etc?

Well... what was the last fashion/cosmetics that devs bring to the game? It seems that they don't even care about this.
    Masterwork Fashion? Summer Fashion?
    Intern outfit too (from Portobello). But the devs have essentially washed their hands of attempts to monetize fashion when they removed all cosmetic items from direct Zen purchase. And I will continue to call that a huge fail, because we have the same problem with fashion that we had with mounts... plenty of neato stuff available but nowhere to put it (except in our regular storage, which is crammed with other hamsters). If they'd built the infrastructure to make it easy and desirable to collect fashion, how many more people would have every outfit just because they can? I avoid buying more fashion items and avoid claiming/opening fashions the game gives me because I don't have room. I have no interest in creating more storage problems for myself than what the game generates all on its own.

I bought all of two mounts before the stable launched (epic shadow wolf and the cube at the introductory sale price), and almost never picked up event mounts. A few of my characters ended up with a vanity mount, but most of them rode the horse from the Guardian pack because I could not justify anything more than that. I admired the art of many mounts, but wasn't prepared to take the trouble of curating them. I now own about half of the mounts that have ever been released in the Zen store (and am willing to collect more), and grab what I can from events. Complete turnaround, and not only because of the insignia system, but because the storage problem disappeared.
    About fashion and cosmetics, I mean besides event fashions we don't have much choice. The same about mounts. This would be a great chance to monetize, but it seems that dev really washed their hands. Someone said something about a "wardrobe" where we could put all fashion gathered and thus, no inventory space would be used. IMO that's an awesome idea, the same about a keyring tab or something like that.

About keys vs sh coffer, since we could use any currency to make this so called "campaign key", I think there's shouldn't be a problem since we could use any currency to craft them. And, ofc, guild leaders should ask to their members to focus on donating

Anyway, it's just an idea. Obviously I would love to see this "wardrobe" implemented, just like the "stable" was for the mounts! It would be nice to see more cosmetics on my char, like red glowing eyes, a "fiery path", creepy shadows and other stuff like that. And I must admit, I only purchased cosmetics for collection, and until now I never saw any use to those "collection points" we earn on collection window. Why not starting using that? I mean, for x collector's points we can buy something really useful, like a legendarey dragon key, or a coalescent ward, or even a lessen bonding stone? It's a in-game feature that's totally useless...

Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    More Critical General Feedback:

The actions of Cryptic since mod 6 have left most of this game's population choking under a cloud of pessimism. A very large number of the playerbase won't bother posting on the forums because they feel they are wasting their time and talking to a brick wall. Its a lot of trouble to go through and a lot of time spent to post in depth and many simply don't want to bother despite their brimming frustrations. As a result, the forum population is small. However, just because the population on the forums is small, doesn't mean that their opinions don't line up with how the rest of the playerbase is feeling. The forum population act as the messengers and are made up of a wide variety of different kinds of players. As such, I urge your company going forwards to treat the forum population that exists as what it is, a sample population and not as a minority group.

Right now, the only way it seems for player feedback to actually get heard is for us to start a ridiculously huge HAMSTER storm. There are lots of issues in this game that need to be addressed, tons of important feedback offered for just about every topic in this game imaginable, and lots of great ideas on how to improve this game all made available to you on the forums and other websites dedicated to this game. Going forwards, it is of vital importance that the devs and any others responsible for making decisions that effect this game do a better job listening to what their customers want and respond to feedback in feedback threads. No more leaving us in the dark, no more lies, no more ignoring feedback, no more treating us like we are idiots. I'm not just referring to this thread, it is a great place to start making changes but it is but one of many. We don't demand for you to fix everything at once, we know that's not possible, but we do ask you to start making real improvements and to keep those improvements coming.

A potential way to reach even more people would be to make use of the admin channel in game or something like it. Sort of like how motd messages work for guilds. Placing links to important posts your team has made in a channel that everyone can see would be a good way to up the amount of incoming feedback and suggestions.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

With that in mind, we would love to hear from you. What do you want to see in your Dungeon chests? I’m serious about this. Your feedback is important. Reply in this post!

A few ideas:
    -A voucher for 100,000+ influence.
    -Permanent Stat increases.
    -Tomes that improve mount speed and/or make them learn new skills/improve quality
    -Similar tomes that improve companion quality
    -Large(st) bags of holding. Tradeable.
    -Extra bank space (hey it -is- a chest)
    -100+ Dragon Hoard Coffers as a bonus.
    -Really nice costumes which are free to transmute
    -Customizable dyes (so you can change each color)
    -Zen.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    eselweihereselweiher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    I really appreciate this decision and all of my guild members cooled down after they got these informations. Thank you very much!!

I was playing Guild Wars 1 for 6 years. And the DEVs did very well after they decided to create a HardMode for every Area in the game. It was like FBI Difficulty in relation to other current T2 dungeons. So the players were able to choose this Mode for more challenge/ valuable loot = Fun -->> Endgame suggestion. Although i were already lucky (and not only one time) with the horrible RNG..let me share my thoughts about the loot system and the theoretically improvement of itself.

I really like to farm "rare things" and use it or even if i dont need it just put it in AH. I also think it s quite necessary to keep some items like Artifacts or usable armor pieces at least procentually more down than other stuff. Thats just the "thrill of the struggle" and a significant part of the hunt and collect mentality of each mmorpg. Whats the point? --> The RNG Hits are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hard...everytime (and i dont have to tell everyone how often^^) a guildmate is dropping an Orcus Shard or the right armor piece of FBI or something like that it feels like an epiphany incomming of the dried out hopes, expectations and fun. That honestly Mr. Foss/Devs doesnt move players to enjoy your game. -->There is no reason to complain about the lockboxes cause i truly understand that this is the biggest money delivery you can have in this F2P and it s ok. If people decide to gamble - why not? But there are reasons to complain -->> productive discuss the loots and their droprate in dungeons/skirmishes. All people in this forum sharing their suggestions cause they love the game and also if people are complaining about a lot of things - they do. No one is just perfect. A lot of people are heavily disappointed about the droprates and i empirically understand this. (im no longer interested in those +5 Rings cause they re not worth the effort. Also trying to avoid eDemo) A good friend of mine did for sure about 1500 eDemo runs without the right +5 Ring - holy guacamoly...what im trying to telling you...increase the droprate of the "rare items" significantly.

(For the sake of the players moods and...)

We really want loot that gives us a special rewarding feeling - for example --2hours FBI...We want loot where we can say "Ohhhh, Ahhh - that s great - the devs really brought in some very nice ideas!" If the players are satisfied they re naturally more encouraged to spend money - easy.

Some suggestions for the "bountys"

T1 Dungeons like eLoL

- Artifact Drops like Lostmouth s Horn up to 5%

- Implement more theme loot from dungeons like from dragons "Dragon Eggs" (see Tiamat)

- minor bosses could drop blue refinement marks like mark of power etc..40% chance and Peridot/Aquamarine - a Saphire from endboss -the rare Insignias were a great idea

- Draconic Enchantments rank 5 from Dragon Type Enemies...

- Draconic Weaponskins/Armor in Endchest

- implement for T1 Dungeons a 10% Drop chance to gamble on a greater mark of potency from the Endboss.

- put "Shards of Preservation Wards" on 25% chance in the Dungeonchests. You will need 4/4 to 100% create a Preservation Ward. (BoP)

-think about to implement "sattles" as dropable items with for example 1 utility slot for mounts in the stable(some of them like the tiger are looking extremly naked. You can create these sattles in different ways).

- implement dropable companions.

-Draconic Enchantment Rank 6/7 ///Dragons Hoard Ench rank 7 from endboss itself.

T2 Dungeons like eToS

-special Skins like the already existing "Dark Armor of Lolth"

- minor bosses should drop at least rank 7 enchantments (Aquamarine,Saphire, blue Marks/blue reso stones/just blue stones

-increase the drop rate from auroras/water/lantern -maybe put some other artifacts in it

-implement cubes of augmentation for endchest

-implement a 20% Chance to roll a Gmop/ greater mark of power/stabiliy/union

FBI - my favourite Dungeon!

- Skins like "Wings of Hati" for neck/ GWF Sword from Drufy "Fimbul" BoE 5-10% chance

-implement minimum 1 Lanolin up to 2 from one of each chest

-implement stuff like "permafrost shard...

-implement gigantic enchs rank 8 as endboss drop - also a chance in the chests

20% % chance to roll a Superior Mark of potency from Drufy

- no more "green drops" along the entire dungeon

-black opal/greater resonance stone

-think about to implement "ruined Dragonflight armor pieces" for salvaging/skins from minor bosses

would be also nice to see some mounts as rewards..

just a few suggestions..

and please think about the "HardMode" Idea. We re already able to run a normal Cragmire and a epic one. Why not a legendary one? ;)

Best Regards
  • Options
    edited November 2016

With that in mind, we would love to hear from you. What do you want to see in your Dungeon chests? I’m serious about this. Your feedback is important. Reply in this post!

A few ideas:
    -A voucher for 100,000+ influence.
    -Permanent Stat increases.
    -Tomes that improve mount speed and/or make them learn new skills/improve quality
    -Similar tomes that improve companion quality
    -Large(st) bags of holding. Tradeable.
    -Extra bank space (hey it -is- a chest)
    -100+ Dragon Hoard Coffers as a bonus.
    -Really nice costumes which are free to transmute
    -Customizable dyes (so you can change each color)
    -Zen.
    I like the customizable dyepack idea. This could be something like a dye pack that you can right click and pull up a scrollbar that allows you to change what shade of that color the dye is. For example, a purple dye pack where you can change exactly how bright or dark the shade of purple is. Another thing worth mentioning is that they could release more single color dye bottles. There are no orange single color dye bottles right now.

I'm thinking the voucher for 100,000 influence is a little over generous. Maybe new legendary vouchers that are like 20,000 influence as a rarely seen bound to account drop could work though.

The tomes to improve mount speed used to exist in the game but were taken out when mod 9 hit and the new mount system was introduced. The tomes are redundant now that you can give any mount the speed of any other mount you own and there is no point in putting the tomes back.

Many people have sugested companion upgrade tokens as a possible dungeon drop so the companion upgrade tomes are also not really needed either.

The extra bank space I would be very suprized if they gave us as a drop but that would be nice.

+1 on more transmutes. Many are asking for that

24 slot bags and smaller should be potential dungeon drops but I don't think the largest size, runic bags should be.

--
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    milhouse77777milhouse77777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am a huge fan of this game, however I am not a fan of the system it is based on. I wish it was more based on micro transactions than you forcibly holding a gun to our heads when we need to progress(referring to wards and refinement chances when upgrading) or feeling robbed when I buy zen with my hard earned money to purchase 10-20 enchanted keys in attempts at getting these elusive drops that are so subtlety flashed across my screen every 30 seconds. (If it wasn't conveyed via text I am clearly being VERY sarcastic when I say subtlety) only to be met with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I bought 10 keys and out of the 10. Boxes I've opened 8/10 were profession packs which in turn gave me nothing I can use/sell and which most of the assets were discarded. Why might you ask did I discard them? Because of all the boxes I've opened I have gotten so many professions pack that my asset bag is completely full. But I get it keys and boxes are a gamble and that's ur money maker. But I digress; frankly the saddest part of it all is the VIP. Aside from the amenities that certain ranks offer the rest are complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The key is really the only worth while prize from re-subbing each month(and from my above rant that's saying a lot) so below you will find a list of VIP perks that I believe will be worth myself and others spending our hard earned money on your cash-grab game.

1. VIP member should be able to refine more than 36,000 AD a day.
    2. At a certain higher rank of VIP, should give a 10% maybe 15% higher chance when trying to upgrade a re-fineable item. Given your laughable 1% chances on items.
    3. Maybe as a monthly reward for resubbing VIP; 500 zen. Or incorporate a form of currency that can be rewarded monthly when resubbing and used to purchase select items of equal value. Keys,preservation wards, etc.

And here are some general changes to consider:
    1. Dual specs, being that you are shooting yourselves in foot as I am the type of player who would like to partake in both PVE and PVP aspects of the game. But as a squishy Warlock my PVE spec makes me completely useless to the point I am unable to play PVP. And I'm not going to by a respec token and change everything when I want to play one vs the other. (Take a note from D.C. Universe online armory system.)
    2. How about you incorporate a mark system for running dungeons, so that players can purchase the gear they want, rather than praying and cursing out rngesus every time they get a ring of vision +4 or other useless items.

Just spitballing here, I'm not saying you need to copy some other format, but honestly I played D.C. Universe for 4 years and never once felt like I was being cheated out of my money, the rng was fair, the rewards were worth my time, the VIP was worth my monthly subscription, and I never had to pay to progress my character past a certain point. I will openly admit to spending at least $300-$400 on this game, and for my investment I certainly do not feel like my contribution to YOUR coffers, was worth my donation. Please take into consideration these ideas, I'm sure the community at large can relate. Understand with the name of D&D carried on this game your fan base has been in this world since they were in their parents musty basement listening to a dungeon master dialogue their adventures. Do you really want to crush such a linage with greed?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    A thought just occured to me, since some people are wanting to see certain zen market items as chance drops, why not throw respec tokens into the mix? That would be awesome.

Another random thought, anyone ever notice how some fashions or gears have different versions of them for male characters vs female characters? What about the ability when you buy an item to select whether or not you want to buy the male gear version or the female one? That way you can use whichever one you like better.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    More assorted suggestions for gear and loot part 1:

PVP Loot/Reward Changes:

If you change the PVE gear to be BOE and make it so we have more variety with our stats and set bonuses like many have suggested, I want to remind you to also create better PVP gear. It doesn't have to be at the same time as the dungeon loot changes but it should be a followup that happens shortly after. PVPers also want better rewards and more variety, its not just a PVE thing.

The current system for getting PVP gear from the trade of blades merchants works ok but could be better. If you keep the current system, make it so the merchants have a selection of multiple sets of BIS pvp gear to chose from and every imaginable stat combo within each of those sets. Make any gear that is bought in the trade of blades stores bound to account and make it so you can buy PVP gear for other classes like you would with twisted weapons. Consider making it possible for a BOE version of the same PVP gear you can get in the trade of blades to drop in PVP matches. Make another mid tier PVP gear set that is even easier to get than the current warborn and blue guild armor, there should always be basic PVP gear sets that don't have time gates or require you to win matches to obtain, only BIS PVP gear should be hard to get. You don't need to give the mid tier PVP gear the same broad stat and set bonus variation as the BIS stuff, the BIS gear being the only sets with that freedom of choice will only serve to make them more desirable.

Make major updates to the PVP campaign and provide better boons and reward items to encourage people to go into all PVP types. Right now, domination is the only PVP type that still has a lot of people queuing for it, the other PVP types have all but died and the PVP campaign is currently nearly impossible to complete. Look at people's feedback and ideas in the PVP forums on how to fix and improve the other PVP types to get people to start playing them again. Its not just the lack of rewards that killed most PVP. PVP is in a seriously run down state right now, you can't afford to wait a whole year to do anything with it, it will be too late to save it by then. You don't need to make every change you plan to for PVP within the next 12 months, but at least start to breathe some life back into it to keep it going.

Vault of Piety:

The rewards in here are very outdated, pretty much the only thing from it I actually see people use are the elixirs. The white horse is cheep as dirt on the AH, the angel isn't that useful, and the coffers drop mostly junky refinement items with the only potential drop people care about being the coalescent wards, which have a ridiculously low chance of dropping.

Update the coffers to be more like the assorted refinement stuff some of the lock box packs can potentially drop and improve the odds for the good stuff to drop significantly. Superior marks, greater marks, coal wards, diamonds, purple refinement items, and blood rubies, should be among the best items these coffers can drop. They should reliably drop a preservation ward pack of 5, a cube of augmentation, a stack of 5 through 20 of the cheaper refinement items, and 15 divine injury kits. Make the stuff in those coffers bind to account.

Some of the rewards the vault of piety offers take a certain number of days of keeping up with invoking to obtain. I suggest adding in a bag of 30 or so companion upgrade tokens you can buy every X number of days of invoking. You should also put in some new stuff that takes a lot longer to obtain. What about a BOE purple quality phoenix mount that takes 100 days of invoking to get? Also put in one new blue mount that takes 40 days to get and 1 new green mount that takes 10 days to get. What about adding in a new purple quality BOE genie companion with a really good active power that takes 100 days to get, a new BOE blue quality companion that takes 40 days to get, and a new BOE green companion that takes 10 days to get?

Reduce the cost for the elixirs, those are useful but stacks of them are pricey right now and as consumable items, they should not be as expensive to restock on.

Zen Market:

Add fashion back to the Zen store and create even more fashion/other cosmetic items for the zen store. Make it so the fashion/transmutes that get added to the loot tables for dungeons are not the same ones that we could get via zen store. Tons of people are asking for this, people would go ape HAMSTER for it.

Review all items for sale in the zen store; some of them are very outdated and nobody wants them. If not remove these from the zen store and put them somewhere else, at least drop their price by a lot.

Drop the price of coalescent wards. Its cheaper to do all your upgrades with preservation wards than it is to do it with coal wards and the two should be more competitive with each other.

Drop the price of blood rubies, its way more affordable to use other types of refinement than to use blood rubies. If you want people to actually buy these things, make them competitive with the other sources of refinement points.

Add lots of new items to the zen store every mod instead of the slow trickle that you have been doing, go nuts.

Add a keyring tab to our inventories that we can unlock via Zen store.

Update vip to have standard dungeon keys, legendary dragon keys, and a way to increase your loot droprates by a tiny amount that increases with each successive vip rank.

Add an item that allows us to re-roll loot x number of times. Someone on his thread suggested a 4 leaf clover that allows you to roll your loot for a chest twice and take the better of the 2 rolls.

Consider making it so all legendary mounts in the game unlock for your entire account like a zen mount does. Then add a legendary mount you can buy via Zen market to the mix. Maybe one that grants a massive bonus to combat advantage damage or something else that hasn't been done yet.

Make a minor modification to respec tokens so you can completely re-roll your ability scores, not just reassign the level up points for your ability scores. These are great but that ability score complete re-roll is the only thing those are missing.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I am a huge fan of this game, however I am not a fan of the system it is based on. I wish it was more based on micro transactions than you forcibly holding a gun to our heads when we need to progress(referring to wards and refinement chances when upgrading) or feeling robbed when I buy zen with my hard earned money to purchase 10-20 enchanted keys in attempts at getting these elusive drops that are so subtlety flashed across my screen every 30 seconds. (If it wasn't conveyed via text I am clearly being VERY sarcastic when I say subtlety) only to be met with HAMSTER. I bought 10 keys and out of the 10. Boxes I've opened 8/10 were profession packs which in turn gave me nothing I can use/sell and which most of the assets were discarded. Why might you ask did I discard them? Because of all the boxes I've opened I have gotten so many professions pack that my asset bag is completely full. But I get it keys and boxes are a gamble and that's ur money maker. But I digress; frankly the saddest part of it all is the VIP. Aside from the amenities that certain ranks offer the rest are complete HAMSTER. The key is really the only worth while prize from re-subbing each month(and from my above rant that's saying a lot) so below you will find a list of VIP perks that I believe will be worth myself and others spending our hard earned money on your cash-grab game.

1. VIP member should be able to refine more than 36,000 AD a day.

2. At a certain higher rank of VIP, should give a 10% maybe 15% higher chance when trying to upgrade a re-fineable item. Given your laughable 1% chances on items.

3. Maybe as a monthly reward for resubbing VIP; 500 zen. Or incorporate a form of currency that can be rewarded monthly when resubbing and used to purchase select items of equal value. Keys,preservation wards, etc.

And here are some general changes to consider:

1. Dual specs, being that you are shooting yourselves in foot as I am the type of player who would like to partake in both PVE and PVP aspects of the game. But as a squishy Warlock my PVE spec makes me completely useless to the point I am unable to play PVP. And I'm not going to by a respec token and change everything when I want to play one vs the other. (Take a note from D.C. Universe online armory system.)

2. How about you incorporate a mark system for running dungeons, so that players can purchase the gear they want, rather than praying and cursing out rngesus every time they get a ring of vision +4 or other useless items.

Just spitballing here, I'm not saying you need to copy some other format, but honestly I played D.C. Universe for 4 years and never once felt like I was being cheated out of my money, the rng was fair, the rewards were worth my time, the VIP was worth my monthly subscription, and I never had to pay to progress my character past a certain point. I will openly admit to spending at least $300-$400 on this game, and for my investment I certainly do not feel like my contribution to YOUR coffers, was worth my donation. Please take into consideration these ideas, I'm sure the community at large can relate. Understand with the name of D&D carried on this game your fan base has been in this world since they were in their parents musty basement listening to a dungeon master dialogue their adventures. Do you really want to crush such a linage with greed?

I like the idea of people with a VIP subscription having a higher rough AD cap, good idea. Maybe that cap can increase every vip rank with rank 12 offering a rough AD cap of 50k up from 36k.

About the duel specs, they have confirmed that they are working on making that a feature. It was hinted at in some of the older streams and confirmed as something they are working on in a more recent stream.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    More assorted suggestions for gear and loot part 2:

Skill nodes:

Your dev team already has a decent plan for the future on what to do with these so no need for me to say anything here other than to say to make the items that go into these unbound.

Overflow XP Rewards:

These just suck right now, I have filled my xp bar more than 10 times recently and not gotten a power point. The only good reward overflow potentially gives is 30k rough AD. The rest of the time, its rank 5 enchantments, xp books that barely give you any xp, or one purple refinement stone of something else equally lame for the amount of effort filling that bar took. Please make it so every single time we fill the bar, we get a power point. Simple. There is no money to be made off of power points for players or Cryptic so why not? Its not like botters can sell power points after all. If there is a cap to how many power points a character can have, only after every single power is rank 4 should other rewards start showing up.

Heroic Encounters:

Nobody likes Heroic encounters, do not release any more of these ever again. For the ones that already exist, the only ones that give good prizes are the new ones from mod 10 but those good prizes are few and far between and it is very frustrating and boring to run these hundreds of times for lanolin. Lanolin droprates should be increased for these encounters along with the amount of voniblood you get for completing them, at least double the voniblood gained per encounter. For the demonic heroics, these should grant better prizes, rings for these should go up to +3 not up to +2 and have a higher droprate. Also make them grant a small amount of seals of the elements. How about making the faezerez amount they currently grant the minimum amount they can grant and making it so these encounters have the chance to drop a random amount of extra Faezerez? How about making icewind dale encounters and well of dragons encounters grant a lot more refinement items than they do currently but those items are all bound to account so they can't be botted. The refinement items from Dungeons/raids/skirmishes should be all unbound if this is done. Upping the variaty and value of professions items He's can drop would also help along with adding in a small amount of campaign currency appropriate to the encounter type.

Events and CTAs:

A few small improvements have been made to these but I'd like to see every single CTA and event grant a mount and a companion along with introducing other expansions to them year after year to keep these fresh. More ways to profit off of these should be added in as well since veteran players and well geared players have very little incentive to participate in most of the events. They have seen everything there is to see with those events before and nostalgia at most will pull them in for only a few runs. Add more content for these events and add more rewards.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I wouldn't say not to add HE's ever again, just be smart when you do. By smart i mean:

DO NOT MAKE THEM SO CENTRAL TO PROGRESSING THROUGH NEW CONTENT!!!

Use them to enhance our experience, making them a choke point for stuff like Lanolin is not very fun or productive.

Also, I have no problem with HE's dropping +1/+2 blue salvage, they are not very hard to complete, IMHO.
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User

Plain and simple, any item that is wholly attached to an RNG should be BoE. Anything that is purchasable with currencies from runs should be BtAoP. It should optimally be a mix of both, so that you're assured of getting something, and the content can be continued for the BoE RNG stuff.

+1
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I wouldn't say not to add HE's ever again, just be smart when you do. By smart i mean:

DO NOT MAKE THEM SO CENTRAL TO PROGRESSING THROUGH NEW CONTENT!!!

Use them to enhance our experience, making them a choke point for stuff like Lanolin is not very fun or productive.

Also, I have no problem with HE's dropping +1/+2 blue salvage, they are not very hard to complete, IMHO.

The way I see it, HE's just take valuble time away from the devs that could be spent on numerous other things. They were always medocre grindfests and we have plenty of them already. What we don't have is enough dungeons/raids/skirmeshes, bug fixes, quality of life improvements, new things, other things players are actually asking for, ect.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • Options
    killakitten421killakitten421 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Most of what I've been thinking has been said, however I don't recall seeing this idea exactly:

With the higher ranks of VIP, add more enchanted keys. For example, your first month, you get one, another at 6, and another at 12. This will net players a potential almost 1.1k keys with 3 a day over the course of a year. This actually gives people a reason to upgrade all the way to 12. Currently, rank 7 or 8 in VIP is the highest viable rank. After that, the perks become virtually pointless. Professions vendor? Pointless with the travel signpost as PE is just a teleport away. Same goes for the portable bank. With the portable mailbox as well, one could essentially just send items to themselves until they're able to return to the Enclave and deposit. There are many ways in which you could enhance player experience as well as your own profits via VIP.

Also, for the love of everything holy, PLEASE make more useful items for tanks and healers. I understand the DPS classes outnumber the healers and tanks vastly, but there are so few options to choose from for these specs. IMHO, as a Protection Paladin, the Seldarine set is he only viable set for my spec. I'd love to be able to debate different sets as others do such as Lostmauth v. Underdark, etc. Currently it's over which set sucks the least. Same goes for gear in general. Also, maybe give us a power boost when not in a group. If you're going to make me grind a ridiculous amount of dailies a day, you could at least make it so that it doesn't take FOREVER unless you're in a group. (Which completely ruins running kill rewards such as Wanderer’s Fortune, Fey Blessing, etc. as we're not getting any kills.)

That's about all I can think of whining about lately, and they're merely ideas.

But if you take away my chest peeking before I get my Emblem from that freaking Dragon, I'm going to go APE!

Thank you. =]
  • Options
    verminus#5170 verminus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Deleted
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I'm an Economist and Accountant, stop saying what Demand and Supply is to me.

Nice reading comprehension there. What I was doing was telling you to stop acting as if knowing what supply and demand is gives your opinion more authority. Nowhere did I try to define the term.

We aren't talking about you buying SMoPs, but rather selling them, cheap isn't good there. *sigh* If you got an Orcus Wand every 5 runs do you think it'll still be 5mil?

...And here you follow up by insisting that only demand matters but not supply, while also failing to appreciate that excessive cost of necessary items is the problem, not the goal. In plainer language, no one should have to buy an Orcus wand at all, because they should be accessible via better loot tables or the sort of reward for grind system that I have elaborated elsewhere.

So if that qualifies you to be economist and an accountant, that explains a lot about the current state of the economy and brokerage houses.
    I'm saying there'll be over-supply, and not enough demand! *sigh* What you are completely ignoring is the reward element and what you understand to be a reward. Okay, you got your Orcus wand, and you geared up, what next? What'll you do after maxing out? You can do it for fun for only so many times, not months together. I got no theories in mind, just stating the fact.
    artis are always worth SOMETHING. I don't think they'd be dropping like candy and there are still enough people that can't get a run in. it won't be worth tens of millions any more but still worthwhile for running to for resale. final retail on it should be 100-300k not 10 million ad

So some things are going to be easier, quicker to patch. How long until we see some improvement on the loot drops? Surely increasing the chances on artifacts, +5s etc could be introduced before everything else.

Can someone confirm if there's going to be some emergency patching before coming up and implenting the full gamut of changes?

Would be nice to know what is coming and when we can expect to see the changes. My game time has dropped significantly after so many failed runs I'm burnt out and need some confirmation before I go and buy other games should these fixes drag out.

I really appreciate this decision and all of my guild members cooled down after they got these informations. Thank you very much!!

I was playing Guild Wars 1 for 6 years. And the DEVs did very well after they decided to create a HardMode for every Area in the game. It was like FBI Difficulty in relation to other current T2 dungeons. So the players were able to choose this Mode for more challenge/ valuable loot = Fun -->> Endgame suggestion. Although i were already lucky (and not only one time) with the horrible RNG..let me share my thoughts about the loot system and the theoretically improvement of itself.

I really like to farm "rare things" and use it or even if i dont need it just put it in AH. I also think it s quite necessary to keep some items like Artifacts or usable armor pieces at least procentually more down than other stuff. Thats just the "thrill of the struggle" and a significant part of the hunt and collect mentality of each mmorpg. Whats the point? --> The RNG Hits are HAMSTER hard...everytime (and i dont have to tell everyone how often^^) a guildmate is dropping an Orcus Shard or the right armor piece of FBI or something like that it feels like an epiphany incomming of the dried out hopes, expectations and fun. That honestly Mr. Foss/Devs doesnt move players to enjoy your game. -->There is no reason to complain about the lockboxes cause i truly understand that this is the biggest money delivery you can have in this F2P and it s ok. If people decide to gamble - why not? But there are reasons to complain -->> productive discuss the loots and their droprate in dungeons/skirmishes. All people in this forum sharing their suggestions cause they love the game and also if people are complaining about a lot of things - they do. No one is just perfect. A lot of people are heavily disappointed about the droprates and i empirically understand this. (im no longer interested in those +5 Rings cause they re not worth the effort. Also trying to avoid eDemo) A good friend of mine did for sure about 1500 eDemo runs without the right +5 Ring - holy guacamoly...what im trying to telling you...increase the droprate of the "rare items" significantly.

(For the sake of the players moods and...)

We really want loot that gives us a special rewarding feeling - for example --2hours FBI...We want loot where we can say "Ohhhh, Ahhh - that s great - the devs really brought in some very nice ideas!" If the players are satisfied they re naturally more encouraged to spend money - easy.

Some suggestions for the "bountys"

T1 Dungeons like eLoL

- Artifact Drops like Lostmouth s Horn up to 5%

- Implement more theme loot from dungeons like from dragons "Dragon Eggs" (see Tiamat)

- minor bosses could drop blue refinement marks like mark of power etc..40% chance and Peridot/Aquamarine - a Saphire from endboss -the rare Insignias were a great idea

- Draconic Enchantments rank 5 from Dragon Type Enemies...

- Draconic Weaponskins/Armor in Endchest

- implement for T1 Dungeons a 10% Drop chance to gamble on a greater mark of potency from the Endboss.

- put "Shards of Preservation Wards" on 25% chance in the Dungeonchests. You will need 4/4 to 100% create a Preservation Ward. (BoP)

-think about to implement "sattles" as dropable items with for example 1 utility slot for mounts in the stable(some of them like the tiger are looking extremly naked. You can create these sattles in different ways).

- implement dropable companions.

-Draconic Enchantment Rank 6/7 ///Dragons Hoard Ench rank 7 from endboss itself.

T2 Dungeons like eToS

-special Skins like the already existing "Dark Armor of Lolth"

- minor bosses should drop at least rank 7 enchantments (Aquamarine,Saphire, blue Marks/blue reso stones/just blue stones

-increase the drop rate from auroras/water/lantern -maybe put some other artifacts in it

-implement cubes of augmentation for endchest

-implement a 20% Chance to roll a Gmop/ greater mark of power/stabiliy/union

FBI - my favourite Dungeon!

- Skins like "Wings of Hati" for neck/ GWF Sword from Drufy "Fimbul" BoE 5-10% chance

-implement minimum 1 Lanolin up to 2 from one of each chest

-implement stuff like "permafrost shard...

-implement gigantic enchs rank 8 as endboss drop - also a chance in the chests

20% % chance to roll a Superior Mark of potency from Drufy

- no more "green drops" along the entire dungeon

-black opal/greater resonance stone

-think about to implement "ruined Dragonflight armor pieces" for salvaging/skins from minor bosses

would be also nice to see some mounts as rewards..

just a few suggestions..

and please think about the "HardMode" Idea. We re already able to run a normal Cragmire and a epic one. Why not a legendary one? ;)

Best Regards

lol why do people sell themselves short when asking for things? I think the rewards should be a little better than your asking for. what you're asking for is boring stuff that won't have people coming back. shards of pressie wards????? really???? lol. maybe shards of coal wards. better yet.. just have coal wards drop. none of your suggestions are terrible they're just what the absolute flat out bottom level reward should be. I don't want to see an aqua marine from ANY boss unless it drops in multiples of four. lol

there is no reason to be so humble in requests for dungeon drops. it should be amazing to keep people coming back. these suggestions aren't though. it would normalize into the same ol same ol we have now of oh gee I know what I"m gonna get why bother. the tables need to be MUCH bigger than this and much more randomized.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Most of what I've been thinking has been said, however I don't recall seeing this idea exactly:

With the higher ranks of VIP, add more enchanted keys. For example, your first month, you get one, another at 6, and another at 12. This will net players a potential almost 1.1k keys with 3 a day over the course of a year. This actually gives people a reason to upgrade all the way to 12. Currently, rank 7 or 8 in VIP is the highest viable rank. After that, the perks become virtually pointless. Professions vendor? Pointless with the travel signpost as PE is just a teleport away. Same goes for the portable bank. With the portable mailbox as well, one could essentially just send items to themselves until they're able to return to the Enclave and deposit. There are many ways in which you could enhance player experience as well as your own profits via VIP.

Also, for the love of everything holy, PLEASE make more useful items for tanks and healers. I understand the DPS classes outnumber the healers and tanks vastly, but there are so few options to choose from for these specs. IMHO, as a Protection Paladin, the Seldarine set is he only viable set for my spec. I'd love to be able to debate different sets as others do such as Lostmauth v. Underdark, etc. Currently it's over which set sucks the least. Same goes for gear in general. Also, maybe give us a power boost when not in a group. If you're going to make me grind a ridiculous amount of dailies a day, you could at least make it so that it doesn't take FOREVER unless you're in a group. (Which completely ruins running kill rewards such as Wanderer’s Fortune, Fey Blessing, etc. as we're not getting any kills.)

That's about all I can think of whining about lately, and they're merely ideas.

But if you take away my chest peeking before I get my Emblem from that freaking Dragon, I'm going to go APE!

Thank you. =]

I like your ideas. even if they don't do more sets they could at least rework the sets entirely to give a better reward for current builds across the classes.
  • Options
    desisti said:

vikoon said:

Not to be a downer, but what exactly are people thanking the devs for? They haven't given us anything yet, the only thing that they have done is make a promise. Thanking them for not rolling back a ridiculous change in the first place is beyond sad. They are only doing this because of the exodus of people that are tired of feeling like we are being stomped on. Don't you understand that nothing has changed at all? People still don't want to run FBI for the terrible loot drops and many haven't even started mod 10 because of the grind on top of the grind.

If they are so intent on listening to the community, then why did they bring back Black Ice empowerment with a new name on it? Where is the foundry, and gateway at? I can list a huge number of broken promises, but what is the point. If you really want to see a change you won't go running back to the game at this moment. Remember, nothing has changed. Nobody in all of Faerun gained a single thing today, and it's important that you understand that.

Exactly the same thing crossed my mind... Days and days of runt and... all is forgotten and forgiven and yet... nothing was done. They can do this all day long, announcing that all dungeons from the game will be removed only so they could announce fey days (and hundreds of pitchfork-infested pages) later that they realized that idea was not smart and that community was right. And we would have hundred of brown-nosed player thanking them... for what exactly????
    They don't give a HAMSTER about our feedback... not a teaspoon of it.

Bosses already prepared the plan B that will see the light of day very soon and this whole thread is thread is utterly pointless and nothing more than a decoy.

"Come and give us your feedback and we will find a best possible way to tell you that your ideas are not doable (because of bots of course) and we'll present our plan for this"...

You people are soooo gullible, its beyond belief...
    What did they get other than the thanks? Why do you feel so bad about it? It's just a word. An expression of relief or satisfaction. Their banks ain't filling with it. They still need to show the changes, else our gratitude stops with the thanks. So, stop all that 'Why thanks?' stuff.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Well Black Friday sales coming up. Who here reading this is going to buy zen with real money?

I won't be, even if it was 70% off. No offence but you have to back up what you said, so far we have empty words with no promises, dates or detail.

If this game is going to keep giving up trash loot till Xmas I'm out and could well be for good.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

I'm an Economist and Accountant, stop saying what Demand and Supply is to me.

Nice reading comprehension there. What I was doing was telling you to stop acting as if knowing what supply and demand is gives your opinion more authority. Nowhere did I try to define the term.

We aren't talking about you buying SMoPs, but rather selling them, cheap isn't good there. *sigh* If you got an Orcus Wand every 5 runs do you think it'll still be 5mil?

...And here you follow up by insisting that only demand matters but not supply, while also failing to appreciate that excessive cost of necessary items is the problem, not the goal. In plainer language, no one should have to buy an Orcus wand at all, because they should be accessible via better loot tables or the sort of reward for grind system that I have elaborated elsewhere.

So if that qualifies you to be economist and an accountant, that explains a lot about the current state of the economy and brokerage houses.
    I'm saying there'll be over-supply, and not enough demand! *sigh*

Yes, and you're saying it because you haven't bothered to read the thread or to think for five seconds before typing. I've suggested (among other ideas) that rewards including artifacts should be purchaseable with a currency obtained by grinding if the RNG fails.

What you are completely ignoring is the reward element and what you understand to be a reward. Okay, you got your Orcus wand, and you geared up, what next? What'll you do after maxing out? You can do it for fun for only so many times, not months together. I got no theories in mind, just stating the fact.

You're not stating any facts, actually, merely once again demonstrating that you have neither read this thread nor bothered to apply your brain for even an instant to answer your own question. You obtained one reward? Get a different one. Get a mount. Get insignias. Outfit an alt. Duh.

PS. We don't control the economy. Only infer from it.

Actually the accepted conventions of economics have a great deal to do with how the economy is run and why it's run so badly, as you've demonstrated.