test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: Strongholds Coming Summer 2015 (Now on Preview!)

Comments

• unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    Well talking to my guild we will not be doing PvP battles with strongholds at all, not one time ,not to try it nada. If PvP is forced on it then we will join the rest of the players skipping the mod completely. Under no circumstance should this be the way the game goes .If the people that think this is a good idea to force people into PvP those people should be fired and replaced with people that actually enjoy MMorpg. If people want all Pvp try playing a MMobg. I play Nw cause it is a MMorpg not a MMobg. Myself and most of my guild is waiting to see how this plays out.

Amen.

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Well talking to my guild we will not be doing PvP battles with strongholds at all, not one time ,not to try it nada. If PvP is forced on it then we will join the rest of the players skipping the mod completely. Under no circumstance should this be the way the game goes .If the people that think this is a good idea to force people into PvP those people should be fired and replaced with people that actually enjoy MMorpg. If people want all Pvp try playing a MMobg. I play Nw cause it is a MMorpg not a MMobg. Myself and most of my guild is waiting to see how this plays out.

Amen.

The devs have stated multiple times that SH PvP is OPTIONAL.

There's enough negativity on this forum without adding to it... some of us are super excited for this Mod and are tired of seeing people finding every little thing "wrong" with the Mod.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    for those who have tried the preview server lately, is there anything new besides the strongholds? Just curious. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User

Amen.

There's enough negativity on this forum without adding to it... some of us are super excited for this Mod and are tired of seeing people finding every little thing "wrong" with the Mod.

AMEN!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Hi!

I would like to apologize, if someone already touched on the subject.

My mind raises a big question about Mod 7, which i haven't seen addressed before, how will the AD/Zen/Resources needed to upgrade the Stronghold be divided equally amongst guildies?

You know, people will be very angry, if they would have to pay for somebody else, who only comes up a few times, but benefits from the unlocked components, the other guildies have payed for.

I haven't seen a Dev post or blog about this, but i know from personal experience as former leader of guilds and from RL, that it will be a hot topic, when it comes to opening the pockets.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Hi!

My mind raises a big question about Mod 7, which i haven't seen addressed before, how will the AD/Zen/Resources needed to upgrade the Stronghold be divided equally amongst guildies?

You know, people will be very angry, if they would have to pay for somebody else, who only comes up a few times, but benefits from the unlocked components, the other guildies have payed for.

I haven't seen a Dev post or blog about this, but i know from personal experience as former leader of guilds and from RL, that it will be a hot topic, when it comes to opening the pockets.

You get rewarded with something like a currency for donating so if you don't donate you can't buy cool stuff :smile:

There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    mynaam wrote: »
    Hi!

You get rewarded with something like a currency for donating so if you don't donate you can't buy cool stuff :smile:

Yup. They're called "Guild Marks" and can be used to buy stuff (decent armor, etc.) from the Guild market, once the Guild market gets built.

As for this being a "hot topic", I've made it VERY clear to my guildmembers that they help out, or they get the boot. Does that mean the level 14 newbie has to come up with the same amount of "AD/Zen/Resources" as the veteran level 70? No. People will give what they can, when they can.

I recommend, if you haven't already, actually going into the preview server and exploring the SH and actually looking at the resources, etc., required.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    One effect of Strongholds will be a more clear separation between PvE and PvP guilds.

A PvE guild will not want to waste resources for building the PvP buidings to obtain the PvP boons and the PvP towers.

And similarily a PvP guild will want to focus on the PvP buildings over the PvE buildings. The PvE boons are still useful for PvP though.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    free2pay wrote: »
    I think the primary problem to solve first and foremost is how Foundry can be monetize for revenue stream in a way which players/authors can agree. It will provide incentive for more resource to dedicate to Foundry. That said, instead of simply associating Foundry with just quest, why not have it as an option to purchase using zen some sort of "Foundry map" which can be used as Guild hall where Guild leader (now the author) can design it? Amenities inside the Foundry Guild hall can also cost extra zen.

Any guild with its Foundry Guild hall will get to unlock Daily guild quests for either boons or AD.

Why not have Foundry be a part of the extension to Stronghold? I'm sure they are many who loves to design their own Stronghold map. Design their own stronghold quests etc. Of course, this option have to be purchased and can't be earned anywhere else. When revenue start coming in through Foundry, maybe Foundry will get more attention.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    niadan wrote: »

Amen.

AMEN!

I just watched the new trailer. The first thing that struck me that the narration was only about PvP. While it's "optional", this is making me wonder if there will be precious little for PvE-only players.

One concern I have is whether mod 7 will create conflict within guilds between PvE and PvP players. As someone else stated, since there is a limit to what a guild can build, guilds will have to decide whether to specialize in PvP or not. I presume that, to be competitive in PvP, guilds will have to go "full-bore" in building a PvP stronghold. Will this leave their PvE players as second-class members? Or, worse, will guilds start pressuring their PvE players into engaging in PvP?

This is a concern to me because I was made guildmaster of our guild some months ago. I have no intention of pressuring members to PvP (as I detest it myself). I'm not keen on pressuring anyone to contribute either. On the other hand, though, I also have no intention of standing in anyone's way if members do want to PvP, which ultimately raises a dilemma when it comes to deciding what to build. As one of my guildmates said, we're ronin in a world full of samurai :) However, it looks like we'll still be faced with a potentially irrevocable decision on how (or whether) to specialize.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    You can tear down and build something else if you want to later. But, I feel your pain on making the choices.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Amen.

...and I suspect the devs are being a little conservative with the truth. While it will always be true that players will have the option of taking part in PvP or not, things wont be that simple for the Guilds and their strongholds. While it will not be a problem for PvP Guilds with strongholds to have players also doing some PVE it will be impossible for PVE Guilds to allow the same thing. If a stronghold allows PvP, it will have to accept all the consequences that come with that as implied by the phrase 'Prepare to Conquer or Crumble' in the recent 'Neverwinter: Strongholds Official Gameplay Trailer' blog post. I cannot see any way that a stronghold could be 'just a little bit' PvP, it will have to be all or nothing. Think about it.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    truckula wrote: »
    You can tear down and build something else if you want to later. But, I feel your pain on making the choices.
    Given the cost in time and resources that would have been invested in even a Tier 1 or 2 structure, I can't see too many Guilds tearing down any structures once they have gone up unless their members are very, very understanding and also have deep pockets.

• kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    With the new change to the Leadership Gateway situation, I can now see this as the largest global economic sink to take as much AD out of the game as possible. After looking at the levels needed to advance over the last several days, I had my suspicions. Now with today's Gateway change, I'm convinced of it. I will be watching with a very close eye until the launch of Strongholds to determine how I advise our Guild. I don't want our hard earned AD thrown at new Gear when the next mod will have another set.

I was not only hopeful, but really looking forward to the new Mod. After today...I've been shocked, disappointed and shame on me for letting my guard down.

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Neverwinter has always been a PvE game, with a small contingent of PvP players. So many attempts to make this game a game its not has proved SO FRUSTRATING to those of us who DO NOT LIKE PvP on our screens.
    goatshark wrote: »
    Hey folks! More information will be coming out soon, but I can clear a few things up about Strongholds at launch.

1) PvP will be consensual and opt-in.
    2) There will be both PvP and PvE elements of gameplay. There are facets of your stronghold that will be advanced by PvE and some that will be enhanced by PvP.

More to come!

Consensual and opt-in = ZERO PVP if one so chooses.

I hope Cryptic will keep its word that PvE guilds can participate building our Stronghold WITH ZERO PVP.

ZERO PVP MEANS:

NO GLORY REQUIRED. NO PVP REQUIRED. AT ALL.

Unfortunately, these PvP slanted marketing campaigns... aka blogs.. and all what I've heard are not lining up very well with Goatsharks comments, and other official comments that PvP is "optional."

Our guild is enjoying the potential teamwork elements of building our own stronghold, but we choose to PvE and ONLY PvE. And we are not the only ones.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    While I can't confirm it 100% due to recent wonkiness with preview, I suspect that donating Glory to your Stronghold is only needed for the PvP-oriented structures. Every structure has different currency requirements and doesn't use all of the variable ones (ie. all use gold, but only some use Icewind's Frozen Treasures).

And if this isn't true, then it's a flaw that we should point out in testing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2015
    While I can't confirm it 100% due to recent wonkiness with preview, I suspect that donating Glory to your Stronghold is only needed for the PvP-oriented structures. Every structure has different currency requirements and doesn't use all of the variable ones (ie. all use gold, but only some use Icewind's Frozen Treasures).

And if this isn't true, then it's a flaw that we should point out in testing.

Thanks Becky that sounds like great news! This is one of my personal sticking points. If glory was required for PvE structures, that would be a deal breaker for me. PvE oriented structures should not require glory, because then PvP would be required, not optional.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    The other question I have is how about those PvE guilds that would like to participate in just a little PvP if they have a small number of PvPers in guild. This represents a lot of guilds as well. I keep hearing all or nothing for PvP. What safeguards have been put in for guilds where 75-90+% want to PvE and a small number wish to PvP?

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I've won solo HEs on preview. So, not yet.
    teribad15 wrote: »
    r.i.p solo playing

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    July 23rd they added monster encounters - upgraded Many Arrows Orcs, Ogres, Hill Giants, Dire wolves, spiders, etc.
    edited July 2015
    The other question I have is how about those PvE guilds that would like to participate in just a little PvP if they have a small number of PvPers in guild. This represents a lot of guilds as well. I keep hearing all or nothing for PvP. What safeguards have been put in for guilds where 75-90+% want to PvE and a small number wish to PvP?

Smaller guilds will band together(much like current quee system) and the guild with most members in the quee will be ellected as the guild map :smiley:
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Quick questions; Does the stronghold have a campfire, and access to the guild bank?
    ddfuv.jpg
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, and yes to both of your question. And there is also access to your personal bank too. The entire courtyard of the keep acts as a campfire.
    Excellent, oh what bout a postal courier?
    ddfuv.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Post, yes. No merchant until you build one.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Would be nice if they included an auction broker too, but that is just a little thing, really.
    You don't just click the gavel?

Neverwinter Census 2017

Can anyone tell me the requirements(building material) for building a lumbermill. I am in a small guild and are trying to get my calculations right to ensure we get it built ASAP. If there is a link to all buildings requirements that would be apreciated, but I doubt there is since i have spend more than a hour looking for one.