What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More like tens, potentially hundreds, of thousands of temp HP. I get over 30k using the freebie weapon from the Drowned Shore without any enchants or buffs. A fully decked out Paladin with a party providing buffs should easily get 100k THP out of a single use of this power. That just ain't right.

With an Artifact Weapon and shield, a full suit of purified black ice gear, constitution artifact belt, companions and artifacts that increase HP, and a full set of radiant enchantments, I predict that a paladin could hit something close to 90k max HP. A Prot Paladin when damaged gets up to 10% of their HP as a bonus to power - in this case, that maximum would be over 9000. Add in Templar's and Heroism, and you have an absolute monstrosity. Even worse, if he runs Lay On Hands and a Soulforged Enchant, he could easily get back up after dying, heal up, and then tank for another minute and a half with next to no trouble.

Additionally, it's possible, not even difficult for a paladin to hit the armor cap. I would hate with burning passion to have to fight someone like that, as they'd basically be completely invulnerable. If they forgo Soulforged for Briarthorn, you literally can't fight them because you'd kill yourself well in advance of killing the paladin. Aura of Vengeance probably wouldn't help. Aura of courage, of course, would be dealing more than 1500 damage per hit at that level of HP as well, so even if you were a rogue in stealth or something he could just Burning Light and mulch you anyways. If his team doesn't do it first.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to account for the Legendary Companion bonus and an Ioun Stone. Woe betide those poor sods who choose to fight them in open pvp. Or campaign boons for that matter. Really, it just gets worse and worse for their enemies. And this isn't even taking Deflection into consideration.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Additionally, it's possible, not even difficult for a paladin to hit the armor cap. I would hate with burning passion to have to fight someone like that, as they'd basically be completely invulnerable. If they forgo Soulforged for Briarthorn, you literally can't fight them because you'd kill yourself well in advance of killing the paladin. Aura of Vengeance probably wouldn't help. Aura of courage, of course, would be dealing more than 1500 damage per hit at that level of HP as well, so even if you were a rogue in stealth or something he could just Burning Light and mulch you anyways

60+%Arpen+lvl 12 Terror Rip any tank so ........
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    harnel wrote: »
    With an Artifact Weapon and shield, a full suit of purified black ice gear, constitution artifact belt, companions and artifacts that increase HP, and a full set of radiant enchantments, I predict that a paladin could hit something close to 90k max HP. A Prot Paladin when damaged gets up to 10% of their HP as a bonus to power - in this case, that maximum would be over 9000. Add in Templar's and Heroism, and you have an absolute monstrosity. Even worse, if he runs Lay On Hands and a Soulforged Enchant, he could easily get back up after dying, heal up, and then tank for another minute and a half with next to no trouble.

Additionally, it's possible, not even difficult for a paladin to hit the armor cap. I would hate with burning passion to have to fight someone like that, as they'd basically be completely invulnerable. If they forgo Soulforged for Briarthorn, you literally can't fight them because you'd kill yourself well in advance of killing the paladin. Aura of Vengeance probably wouldn't help. Aura of courage, of course, would be dealing more than 1500 damage per hit at that level of HP as well, so even if you were a rogue in stealth or something he could just Burning Light and mulch you anyways. If his team doesn't do it first.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to account for the Legendary Companion bonus and an Ioun Stone. Woe betide those poor sods who choose to fight them in open pvp. Or campaign boons for that matter. Really, it just gets worse and worse for their enemies. And this isn't even taking Deflection into consideration.

Don't forget lathander's set. +25% hp after being revived by soulforged. Ftw.
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    marnival wrote: »

I could see a melee ranger using piercing damage get through armor like that, yeah. But that's a bit of a risky proposition when you consider that any sort of retaliation from this paladin hits hard as hell, and if they decide to go with briarthorn and aura of vengeance will also be doing hilarious damage to their attackers too. It's anybody's game in that sort of matchup.
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Shift Ability
    Often when first trying to activate Shift after certain time has passed, the Shift would not activate, or rather the animation is showing the Shield Up stance but it's not draining Stamina nor providing any actual effects and there is no blue circle.

Yucks. The class gameplay feels Soooooo....ooooooo slooo.....oow. First off, its movement speed and lack of movement ability coupled with its already poor dps makes for a very frustrating gameplay experience. The first 25 levels are a torture, and that's coming from someone who played the DC before mod 5.

This is the only saving grace of the Class. It is THE only decent dps because there is no existing Encounter skills that comes even close to even half its dps. If this gets nerfed somehow I'm not sure this class is even playable.

Holding down Shift should not disable pots drinking or for that matter any numbered keys. Often Paladin needs to press Tab while holding Shift and it will pop up the "Steam screen" instead, not too sure if this only happen for players who installed Neverwinter through Steam.

This encounter really does very poor damage. Please increase its damage x4. For the first 25 levels, Paladin do not have many dps encounter and the one they do have are very lackluster.

Sure it looks cool, but after awhile, you would wish it cast twice faster and last twice as long.

This encounter should at least do some damage. I really cannot see myself slotting this if it do NO damage.

This feature should give minimally 10% bonus instead of 1%....

This feature should give minimally 30% debuff instead of 5%....

This feature should give 25% of weapon damage as bonus....

Please do not make having a target a requirement for this At-will.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    marnival wrote: »

Go a ahead they can have reflects and temp HP for days you will kill yourself before you kill them if they dont one shot you with judgment first witch can crit for 50k easy with out a vorple enchantment.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    free2pay wrote: »
    This encounter should at least do some damage. I really cannot see myself slotting this if it do NO damage.
    Bane increases your damage by up to 30%. It even increases damage from radiant hits like those from Aura of Caurage. Bane is the equivalent of GF's Mark.
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Bane increases your damage by up to 30%. That's the equivalent of GF's Mark.

best of all for Bane, it's bugged so multiple paladins can stack it past the 3 stack limit so dragons become puppies and kittens.

At-wills properly ranking up and paragon feats should help with damage while leveling up, but until we get those and epic/end-game gear I still can't say for sure if I think Paladin's damage is in the right place or not.

Although I wish I knew how they judged how much damage Aura of Vengeance does. For that matter I wish tooltips in this game were better all around, for two years now I've wished.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    banegrivmbanegrivm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: Radiant Strike

To me it feels like the charge portion of this power to close the gap is too small. I think it would be better if the range was increased to 40 maybe 45 feet.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
    Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light
    Global Handle: @Marshal_Valor
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Just did Cragmire crypts. I was surprised to see it was a 3 man group instead of five with no designation for tank OR healer. I thought that was actually pretty cool. One thing that would be neat would be to have the option to still do it as a 5 man dungeon with the old settings. When we did the dungeon the mobs were way way way too easy. I'm talking about they seem to drop in almost one or two hits. They were easier than mobs in the wilderness or solo instances. Somehow I don't think that they are supposed to be that easy. I also noticed that my heals were going off for much more than they should have as well.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
  • Options
    edited February 2015

The power just feels clunky to me. Having used it repeatedly I've since swapped it out. I think a large part of this is the animation coupled with the cooldown. A power like this I think you could even avoid an animation entirely with the weapon glowing that bright gold light. The animation is especially cumbersome when you have to wait for it to finish just to get a buff, meanwhile everything you are fighting gets the equivalent of free attacks at you. Secondarily another problem I have with it is the fact that the power just doesn't last long enough. You buff yourself up and then it's gone in the middle of moving around and using other abilities, not to mention the pain of using it mid combat. It's something you have to cast and then close and then use, in the middle of any other abilities you want to use strategically. Given this game is an action based game I don't think those are great combinations. When I used it originally I found it clunky but still effective. Since the recent patch and getting my paladin in my 20's the ability just doesn't feel even worth slotting in my tray anymore because of the aforementioned issues.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
  • Options
    atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello there!

After a few more levels i am back to give an another feedback from my part. It looks like in the past few days a lot of feedback appeared here about the paladin's damage output and about that how easy the game with paladin. So in short SPECULATIONS are everywhere!!

At the very moment my Devotion Paladin is level 62, ILv 65 and it has 4200 Power.

I need to tell that my damage is so broken at this point that i can not, i am unable to argue against these SPECULATIONS at all.

After 2 second casting my Burning Light deals 186 Radiant Damage in every half second BEFORE damage resistance (372 damage per sec).

Smite deals 2969 Radiant Damage BEFORE damage resistance and applies a damage over time effect which deals 191 radiant damage per second.

Templar's Wrath deals 1534 Radiant Damage BEFORE damage resistance.

Divine Touch deals 1421 Radiant Damage BEFORE damage resistance. YES the HEAVY RADIANT damage (just to quote the tooltip here) is unimaginable.

I have to agree the Devotion Paladin has a ridiculously huge healing capability (103.000 heal crit with Divine Touch) BUT any other level 30 class do the multiply as much of this damage.

Our ONLY and ONE damage dealing ability (erm... khm... DAILY Power) which deals reduced damage against multiple targets. But the best part is that we are talking about a class with no mobility or even a decent ranged attack with low AP gain. And that is also a common knowledge that in PvP there is no Tenacity or Deflect at all.

Salute!
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2015
    3rd hit of valorous strike does not need to hit to gain bonus simply need to enter combat and swing.

vow of emnity- activates sacred weapon and works well with it as i thought it would. it makes smite and sacred weapon worth having on the bar.

aura of wrath-without templars wrath this is a great damage increaser works with all damage.

aura of radiance-along with aura of wrath and its 1-2k per 3 seconds to all enemies. vow of emnity increases this against the target.

lv 58 i went into the new area and its survivable even without protections.

lv 60

Cleansing at 60 10k temp hp templars wrath 15k which would be higher if i had a vorpal. nuff said.

smite now works with sacred weapon love this.

My powers while soloing are as thus: encounters-sacred weapon, vow of emnity, and smite. At wills- valorous strike, shielding strike. auras-wrath and radiance. dailies- lay on hands and judgement.

using this enemies are much easier to kill i "suffer" from less protection but.... the enemies die much quicker since i take some damage aura of wrath works and makes radiance sooo much better is now ticking for 1-2k. shielding strike valorous strike and smite all weaken enemy damage so im not entirely without protection
    if i need healing lay on hands and if i just wanna kill something instantly judgement which hits 24k normal damage if i use all power ups I hit a 74k on a crit.

With vow and sacred I've hit a 5k with smite.
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The base damage of many of the paladin's encounters and at-wills are pretty poor at 61 and beyond, but Courage and Vengeance have been huge crutches. With Courage at rank 3 and 59k HP, I'm adding about 1k damage on every one of my hits (which makes Burning Light pretty good) and then Aura of Radiance (I think I was saying Vengeance by mistake earlier, I meant this) adds an extra 2k every 3 seconds.

btw about Radiant Strike, it actually has a slightly longer lunge than the GF's shield bash. 30' vs. 28'. So I don't think it needs to be extended.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Moderator Notice:

This thread has
    been cleaned and many posts edited to be proper format.

The Official Stickies are not for open discussions. They are not there to argue each other's feedback and opinions.
    Please present your own opinions of your own testing. Please refrain from posting your opinions or discussions on others feedback and opinions in the Official Stickies. If you wish to discuss something, please start a new thread or use an existing one that is not an official sticky.

You may ask questions, within reason, of the devs. Prefix such with "Question:" and without any color coding.

Again, read the 2nd post in each Official Sticky and stick to the format for feedback on the presented topics in the first post of the thread. Please do not reply to this moderator notice. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation or the Rules.
    Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback Dmg Oathbound Paladin vs other off and tank classes :http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?843061-Tribute-to-speculators-in-Paladin-feedback
    Somthing is wrong with pally her dmg is too low .

PS: same gear lvl or lower w/o paragon feats
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The new Smite is indeed a pretty cool smite but still..

The sound effect is premature, needs a little more syncing

Protector's call damage reflection is miserably low. Next to nothing really - either buff it or grant anther ability in its stead
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug
    Bond Of virtue heals enemy's and gets deflected by allies and dosent work with companions and
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lorgriuslorgrius Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just equiped a +1 mace from the weaponsmith profession. Character holds the mace in the middle of the weapon (shaft) instead of the grip handle.

Also, having fun with the class so far:)
    Lorgrius

A Day in the Life of a Ranger
    NW-DKCE6OZVH
    The Mines of Gubasso Daily!
    NW-DN7Z5LHAR
    The Vault of Hargon Daily!
    NW-DP4X6HAEP
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As far as survivability in PVE the OP promices to be right up there with the best. Not seeing its place in PVP tho. The GF Protector for instance still has access to solid, low cooldown, single target attacks/cc. The OP has slow aoe, low damage, short cc ( to be further mitigated by deflect and tenacity ) attacks. With the ArmPen rework for Mod 6 and the way TRs are right now plus the new enchant updates, Im seeing tanks as more of a liability than help in pvp and that goes double for the OP Protector.. We'll see
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    As far as survivability in PVE the OP promices to be right up there with the best. Not seeing its place in PVP tho. The GF Protector for instance still has access to solid, low cooldown, single target attacks/cc. The OP has slow aoe, low damage, short cc ( to be further mitigated by deflect and tenacity ) attacks. With the ArmPen rework for Mod 6 and the way TRs are right now plus the new enchant updates, Im seeing tanks as more of a liability than help in pvp and that goes double for the OP Protector.. We'll see

Smite Sound still come before the animation

The dmg resistance we get from any of are skills needs to show on the character sheet i cant tell if i have 30% or 40% resistance at times

Bug:
    Vow Of enmity animation and sound bug vow has a sorta ray of enfeeblement animation and has the most horrid sound when you hit a target that's marked with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lorgrius wrote: »
    Just equiped a +1 mace from the weaponsmith profession. Character holds the mace in the middle of the weapon (shaft) instead of the grip handle.

Also, having fun with the class so far:)

Feedback: There are quite a few like that, all seem to be mid/lower level weapons. So far, none of the higher level weapons have that issue.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Radiant Strike - the shield slam animation at the end of the charge is still applied twice. This feels as if my paladin is rubberbanding. Please fix ASAP
  • Options
    mrdraqomrdraqo Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback: OP Protection gain AP deal demage its mistake ! Skil's ist slow and always must protect their life. I thing AP should gain when taken demage! In divine taken when deal demage enough - AP when take demage!!
    Sry for my english ;-)
  • Options
    gothzilla138gothzilla138 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Oath Strike (Devotion) is often not releasing a "burst of healing" (about 90% of the time it acts as if I have "No Oath"). The Oath Strike Prompt appears but no healing is done. I was not fully healed at these times, so taht's not the issue.

Bug: Radiant Strike animates twice, even if pushing another button it insists on double tapping the Radiant Strike animation
  • Options
    vicenzo200vicenzo200 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i noticed whenever you run and press shift it doesnt always show up the blue healing circel '' this does not always happen '' but stil i beter tell it :D
  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug : Potion of heroism does not work on Paladin (surprised this one still isn't caught seeing as EVERY other new class has had this same issue.. =))
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback: Very much enjoying the new animation for Smite. It doesn't look as awkward as it did before the change. Although the animation does make me feel like Achilles from the 2004 film Troy... But that's okay. However, and it could just be me. But I almost feel like maybe Smite would be better served as a daze power than as a DoT.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    couatl13 wrote: »
    Feedback: Very much enjoying the new animation for Smite. It doesn't look as awkward as it did before the change. Although the animation does make me feel like Achilles from the 2004 film Troy... But that's okay. However, and it could just be me. But I almost feel like maybe Smite would be better served as a daze power than as a DoT.

Daze, stun, disorient.. either one is fine cause indeed Smite sounds like a heavy smackdown leaving the target shaken i.e under cc.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Burning Light - pretty much our best encounter. Please consider some form of cc immunity while charging, the cast is long and I'm gettin' knocked about alot by otherwise harmless mobs while charing.
This discussion has been closed.